IGNORED

Newport County pre-season friendly

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Said it during the game but thought Naaki was outstanding in the no.10 role.

Always looking for the ball, kept popping it off nice and simple. A couple of good through balls, kept his position, never wasted a pass and kept the ball moving. (I missed the first half, so only assessing 2nd half)

He's an intelligent player so actually might have stumbled on a role for himself there!

3 hours ago, chinapig said:

Groupthink. Never a good thing in any workplace. I used to encourage my team in work to tell me if they disagreed with me or if they thought there was a better way of doing things. The organisation benefited as a result.

Insecure people or those with big egos want to be surrounded by yes men/women regardless of whether it produces the best results.

So unhealthy when the people (person) in charge are clueless. Still doing the same thing over & over.....

2 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

He came across really well and more importantly looked a player. Good on the ball and with a touch that gives him time.

Surely not too late to do a recall on that shirt! Hideous collar 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Did Meerholz and OTC come on as subs today.  Hargreaves at BP saying they did?  Nothing on twitter updates???

Nope, but both were pretty good at WSM in the evening (Meerholz superb, OTC tired towards the end).

• Thanks 1

Just caught up with the 2nd half of this game, we played ever so well, some really nice stuff…albeit perhaps a bit too much outside and wide of the penalty area.

Bird (as expected) is just what we need in terms of replacing some of what Matty James gave us, ie wanting to get on the ball, making angles to receive from full-backs, something I’m critical of others who run past the ball.  He has an elegant style.  Will be good to see him against more difficult opponents.

Armstrong less involved as we were more pretty 2nd half, good finish though.

Wells carried on his 1st half performance after the break.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Just caught up with the 2nd half of this game, we played ever so well, some really nice stuff…albeit perhaps a bit too much outside and wide of the penalty area.

Bird (as expected) is just what we need in terms of replacing some of what Matty James gave us, ie wanting to get on the ball, making angles to receive from full-backs, something I’m critical of others who run past the ball.  He has an elegant style.  Will be good to see him against more difficult opponents.

Armstrong less involved as we were more pretty 2nd half, good finish though.

Wells carried on his 1st half performance after the break.

I like most of what I have seen so far, the youngsters are eye catching of course, partly due to their novelty and partly because they probably feel they have to show up to the Management more than the established players. 

With the senior players, I am impressed with how they seem to have bought into the style, I think there were a few, probably including me, that wondered if the players we had were really equipped for a passing style when Manning arrived, but they seem to have adapted well. The absolute best part is that the man in possession rarely lacks options, which was our problem during the lowest period last season.

Edited by Portishead Puffin
  • Like 2