IGNORED

Aldershot Town pre-season friendly

20 minutes ago, JackMarch said:

Where’s Benarous, Cornick, Robert’s and Vyner then?

Cornick's partner has just given birth so that's the only one I can account for.

• Thanks 1

Can’t say I’m that fussed over the absentees - the likelihood here is that each player they’re trying to get 90 into and the time to worry a bit more is if none feature on Friday.

Over the tannoy they’ve just announced that they don’t have all the shirt numbers for City yet. When I walked past Scotty earlier I overheard him saying “we’ve got no numbers” so we may be playing in part that way unless Aldershot can press some for us!

Oh, and the away warmup kit is a thing of beauty.

IMG_3453.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Can’t say I’m that fussed over the absentees - the likelihood here is that each player they’re trying to get 90 into and the time to worry a bit more is if none feature on Friday.

Over the tannoy they’ve just announced that they don’t have all the shirt numbers for City yet. When I walked past Scotty earlier I overheard him saying “we’ve got no numbers” so we may be playing in part that way unless Aldershot can press some for us!

IMG_3453.jpeg

Hope Mayulu and Stokes put on a show for you!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A back 4 I can get behind that.

No Benarous? Do we fear the worst again? ie Another setback?

Vyner, Roberts? Vyner in particular hmm..he is a cornerstone of our spine.

Re Benarous, I think so

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

IMG_3453.jpeg

No numbers?  Is JL in attendance he can draw them on with his crayons? 

Just now, Ronnie Sinclair said:

No numbers?  Is JL in attendance he can draw them on with his crayons? 

Tbf what they did is give the squad numbers out for Max, Dickie, Naismith, Knight, Bell, Pring and Williams so I assume those aren’t changing and the others haven’t worked out what they’re having yet??

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Re Benarous, I think so

Was told earlier that he had a slight niggle in Portugal but was fine again? Also Zak and Haydon slight niggles being rested.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

20 minutes ago, RedM said:

Cornick's partner has just given birth so that's the only one I can account for.

Saw him in and out of Maternity at Southmead today, so wasn't expecting to see him involved today.

Was working on site, saw him several times but didn't want to disturb him, even if it was just to wish them both well.

Edited by A Darkwood Red
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Looking at the subs at Aldershot I believe Griffin is Jack Griffin another one we signed from Guernsey FC but who is Pecover? 

PE Cover, in vest and socks

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Looking at the subs at Aldershot I believe Griffin is Jack Griffin another one we signed from Guernsey FC but who is Pecover? 

Bemis - Model 5000CP Toilet Seat with Chrome Hinges - Whitethe only photo of him I could find!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, A Darkwood Red said:

Saw him in and out of Maternity at Southmead today, so wasn't expecting to see him involved today.

Was working on site, saw him several times but didn't want to disturb him, even if it was just to wish them both well.

So he can score then. 
Good luck to him and his family. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Leo Pecover, Bath based lad….that is the extend of my knowledge about him.

11 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Slight niggle but was fine again ? 

Yes. All the long term injured are being closely monitored, as you might imagine. The question mark was because what I was told seemed to contradict the normally reliable @petehinton

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes. All the long term injured are being closely monitored, as you might imagine. The question mark was because what I was told seemed to contradict the normally reliable @petehinton

Heard he’d picked something up in Portugal, has Been training since but is concerns still so don’t want to risk him in games, although they want him ideally start some friendlies. Feel for the lad tbh. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think Pete was saying “yes” to a little setback…not anything more serious than that.

• Like 1

Back 3, Morrison and Pring wing backs. Morrison playing more forward.

Knight captain, Stokes behind Fally, Bell far left. 

Aldershot looking sharp, can tell they’ve had a few more games than us. 

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, underhanded said:

Stokes looks very good off the ball, plenty of movement, finding pockets.

Fallys had a bit of a shocker so far mind, ball bouncing off him 

How do you look good off the ball? It's a modern terminology that means you run around a lot?

• Facepalm 1

48 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

IMG_3453.jpeg

Went to pick up the kids' season ticket shirts and totally got one of those for myself despite having no plans to buy a shirt this year. It's awesome. It's like that special Leeds shirt but current and with no advertising. What's not to like?

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

How do you look good off the ball? It's a modern terminology that means you run around a lot?

I mean being good off the ball and finding pockets s a pretty fundamental part of being an attacking player. 

But if 'runs around a lot' works for you, then let's call it that

• Like 1

Just now, underhanded said:

I mean being good off the ball and finding pockets s a pretty fundamental part of being an attacking player. 

But if 'runs around a lot' works for you, then let's call it that

So does Cornick mind!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

Doesn't need to be a lot, but intelligently.

Watched Bellingham specifically in one of the games against Man City last season and he was always moving into pockets of space. This would either get him the ball with time to turn, or drag a Man City player to him, creating room for another player to make a run or pass.