IGNORED

Aldershot Town pre-season friendly

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Not a name who gets brought up much tbf, think he’s one we took from Corsham, or someone around there? Maybe BOA

Leo Pecover played for Bradford Spartans (Bradford on Avon), plus BWB, based in Bath. He signed for City a couple of seasons ago. He’s 16. Strong, skilful forward with a good attitude. Nice lad and has potential. 

Edited by GrenadaRed
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, kidjupiter said:

I'll check to see what the Aldershot Twitter thread says about him, see you in a week.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

1 minute ago, GrenadaRed said:

Leo Pecover played for Bradford Spartans (Bradford in Avon), plus BWB, based in Bath. He signed for City a couple of seasons ago. He’s 16. Strong, skilful forward with a good attitude. Nice lad and has potential. 

Thanks for sharing. I'm already pinning all my wonderkid hopes on him!

• Admin
11 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

A fellow Beacher! How have I never spotted that username before 😁

I don't really want to ruin it for you but they only changed to that username earlier this evening 

This Pecover is great. Quick, strong, great close ball control. Probs our best player, excited to see more of him. 

We are beginning to tire, not really dominating. Fally unfortunately still poor all round, touch, movement, positioning. More Manning training ground time needed for him. 

Anyway, Pecover, what a guy! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

How are

Stokes vs his former club

Fally on debut

Playing?

Style, effectiveness- type of runs made etc.

Earlier postings suggested that Fally didn't do to well in the first half (hence my post re second half a few minutes ago) but Stokes had a good first half.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Selred said:

This Pecover is great. Quick, strong, great close ball control. Probs our best player, excited to see more of him. 

We are beginning to tire, not really dominating. Fally unfortunately still poor all round, touch, movement, positioning. More Manning training ground time needed for him. 

Where is Pecover playing? First I’ve ever heard of his name. Was he a straight swap for Bell?

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

How are

Fally on debut

Playing?

Stokes looks positive, finding pockets, asking for the ball - not always used it effectively but pretty positive.

Fallys looks a bit tentative, some poor touches and hold up, however better this half and shown one flash of his pace

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

We aren't "too fit" then? Excellent news. 

• Haha 13

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Where is Pecover playing? First I’ve ever heard of his name. Was he a straight swap for Bell?

Attacking left. Straight swap. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

I don't really want to ruin it for you but they only changed to that username earlier this evening 

Ah the plot thickens. They’ve ignored me anyway so I’m gonna back off 🤣

Steady performance, still wonder where the creativity will come from. Our style of play is to whack it out wide, pull it back across and hoping someone stubs it home. Personally would like to see more shots outside the box from midfield to shake it up a bit. 

Stokes, Morrison, and Messi incarnate Pecover can be proud. Others have done as expected, Fally time will tell. 

Good minutes in the legs. 2-0 full time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

How are

Fally on debut

Playing?

Watching from the terraces here @Mr Popodopolous.

Bell by far and away our best player and great to see Naismith back.

A number of the players look a bit rusty, as to be expected, its their first run out.

Fally and Stokes have had a few good touches and link up play, but if you were starting with them in 18 days, then they look raw. Early days, but Fally is a leggy forward, not massively pacey and his understanding of the way we play will take time.

Great run and finish by Pring for our 2nd and overall there's been little for Max to deal with.

Shout out for Leo Pecover. Where has this lad come from? Excellent cameo replacing Bell. Pace, energy and a decent touch. Looks a real prospect for a 16 year old.

Ft 2-0 City

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I worked out BOA ,but what's BWB ?

Bath, Wiltshire boys. Youth team based in Bath. Lots of games against academies and other development teams. Max and Vyner also played for them. 

Leo plays across the front three, although since he signed for City I haven’t seen him play, so not sure how they are developing him.

Sounds like he’s having a good game. 

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

A number of the players look a bit rusty, as to be expected, its their first run out.

Fally and Stokes have had a few good touches and link up play, but if you were starting with them in 18 days, then they look raw. Early days, but Fally is a leggy forward, not massively pacey and his understanding of the way we play will take time.

Great run and finish by Pring for our 2nd and overall there's been little for Max to deal with.

Shout out for Leo Pecover. Where has this lad come from? Excellent cameo replacing Bell. Pace, energy and a decent touch. Looks a real prospect for a 16 year old.

Ft 2-0 City

Name me a 16 year old who’s good enough to start way to young 👀

Just now, Selred said:

Our style of play is to whack it out wide, pull it back across and hoping someone stubs it home.

Pretty much like Armstrong’s goal earlier today. That has been our style of play for a while now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, redkev said:

Name me a 16 year old who’s good enough to start way to young 👀

How old was Alex Scott when he played for Guernsey?

Feeling he might have been 16. Down the Non League but that grounding- physical centre backs, heavier pitches etc.

8 minutes ago, GrenadaRed said:

Bath, Wiltshire boys. Youth team based in Bath. Lots of games against academies and other development teams. Max and Vyner also played for them. 

Leo plays across the front three, although since he signed for City I haven’t seen him play, so not sure how they are developing him.

Sounds like he’s having a good game. 

You got a link to BWB Grenada?  My lad played for them up to the end of last season.

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Lamine Yamal. 

If leos good enough play him like yamal in the euros showed no fear obviously you have to manage them a bit more at that age but why not let's see how he develops.

9 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Ft 2-0 City

Thanks, just one plea to everyone on here take a deep breath on Fally ,  just got a lot to learn new country and club etc , will take a while for him and for us to properly see what he can do , give him time 

• Like 13

So Mayulu ain't all that, our other striker purchase has got 3 in 60 or something? Where on earth are all our goals going to come from? Every City manager for the last 10 years has said we need more goals from midfield but it never happens.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

So Mayulu ain't all that, our other striker purchase has got 3 in 60 or something? Where on earth are all our goals going to come from? Every City manager for the last 10 years has said we need more goals from midfield but it never happens.

Let’s not write him off quite yet mate 🤣 

• Like 2

Nothing like giving a new signing a chance to bed in.

I for one am glad no one is writing him off after 1 friendly...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Street red said:

If leos good enough play him like yamal in the euros showed no fear obviously you have to manage them a bit more at that age but why not let's see how he develops.

Omg, he's played half a game against Aldershot for christ sake. I don't believe he's even played for our under 18/23's yet.

Let's give the kid time

• Like 1

I think there is a decent chance that they will come good in the fullness of time. Armstrong made some decent runs today and took his goal quite well.

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Please see post above. 

1 minute ago, Cov 77 said:

Thanks, just one plea to everyone on here take a deep breath on Fally ,  just got a lot to learn new country and club etc , will take a while for him and for us to properly see what he can do , give him time 

What do you mean ? OTIB never  make rash judgements !

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You got a link to BWB Grenada?  My lad played for them up to the end of last season.

My son used to play with Leo Pecover at  Bradford on Avon and for BWB, so that’s how I know him. I chatted to him and his dad at Ashton Gate at the Milwall game and he said it’s going well at City. I hope he makes it and it’s nice to hear he had a good debut. Still very young though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Pecover, 30 goals this season

• Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Omg, he's played half a game against Aldershot for christ sake. I don't believe he's even played for our under 18/23's yet.

Let's give the kid time

Agreed.

But there is a reason he is with the first team squad tonight and not the U21s in Weston.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Well i for one have written him off. If he can't score against Aldershot who can he score against?

• Hmmm 1

9 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

It was his first friendly ffs 😂

14 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Just learned that Leo Pecover was last heard of by a former team mate as being on trial at Chelsea.  He hadn’t heard he was now at City…

That was a couple of years ago and nothing came of it. He’s been at city for a while now. Two seasons from memory.

He’s been playing U16’s for City, so think he’s more one for the future, not now. He is physically strong though, despite not being that big. 

Edited by GrenadaRed
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Nah far from writing him off, he is a young lad in a new league but we surely do need someone more established as well

I think barring Twine our front line is set now. Sincs, Fally and Wells will be the central competition. I don’t see any of them bagging 20, granted, but I can see us being a team with goals from a lot of areas. Bell and Sykes get goals from wide, Twiney from the 10. Knight, Bird and TGH can all get goals from midfield. Atkinson and Dickie from the back and hopefully Pringy and McCrorie can get in on the action occasionally. 

Then we’ve got the new dimension Hirakawa will bring. I’d love a 20 goal striker but it’s not the be all and end all to a successful season 🙂

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

To be fair, that’s pretty much what @NcnsBcfc said in the post you replied to.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Nah far from writing him off, he is a young lad in a new league but we surely do need someone more established as well

We did once spend £5m on Wells, and he is still with us. We have just signed 2 new forwards, after extensive scouting. We have Sam Bell too.  There are limits to what we can do. 

10 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

We did once spend £5m on Wells, and he is still with us. We have just signed 2 new forwards, after extensive scouting. We have Sam Bell too.  There are limits to what we can do. 

I take the point but my gut feeling for a while has been.

*Wells- Elder statesman, reliable head. Invaluable experience.

*Young striker- for both the here and now and hopefully some time.

*Prime striker- 24-28, both here and now but could evolve into an elder statesman if it goes well.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous