IGNORED

New Hospitality

CTRed

I might be completely wrong but from where I sit right next to the Lansdown hospitality seats last season numbers seemed well down on previous seasons.

A few that used to sit along from me had chucked it in after prices rose so much it just wasn’t good value.

This looks interesting and I look forward to seeing how it goes.

• Like 1

I find the price of the executive box interesting - £3001.25. Twelve people @ £250 = £3,000 so what is the extra £1.25 for? I guess that someone has counted the number of crisps each person will eat and decided that it’s absolutely essential to add a bit more to the price 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I find the price of the executive box interesting - £3001.25. Twelve people @ £250 = £3,000 so what is the extra £1.25 for? I guess that someone has counted the number of crisps each person will eat and decided that it’s absolutely essential to add a bit more to the price 

"Booking fee" ? 🤔

• Haha 5
  • Facepalm 1

Ive have had a season ticket in the Lansdown Suite since the stand opened, there was previously ten of us in my party but its dropped to four in recent seasons.

Its never been great for the money you pay, they pull out all the stops for big fixtures (when you pay extra), Man City etc but the service in general is poor for a normal fixture. The whole room has had issues since it was created with things that have never worked, youll be shocked to hear the built in PA for the room wasnt man enough so they have had a cobbled together one pretty much since it opened. For an area where we should be trying to show off / bring extra money into the club it is so poorly managed and because of this there has been a steady decline in people in the space on a matchday. At times last year they shut the Heineken lounge and moved people to the suite because they didnt sell enough packages to have both open. 

For the past few seasons the room was split into two sides with one end being slightly more expensive than the other, both would have the same food etc but the more pricey one has table service etc and some other add ons so they could charge more. 

They told us at the end of last season they were creating new plans but left it so late that the season tickets in other areas of the stadium had already been on sale so if you didnt want the new packages you had little to no choice on moving to other seats, quality comms.

Anyway, heres the info we got, basically one end of the room is slightly cheaper now with no tables and a bar type feel and the other is pretty much how it was previously but more posh / expensive.

The business is embarking on a 3-year strategy to redefine our hospitality offerings, which means some changes for this year and in the future.

The Bridge - An exclusive fine dining area,  which will provide the ultimate matchday experience. We are creating this restaurant as a private exclusive area with your premium seating in W14. Upon arrival you will be shown to the bar for drinks, canapes, to mingle with other guests or just take in the atmosphere. You will then be shown to your own private table with food throughout and drinks included*. 

The Crossbar  Offering a casual space with a mix of seating, standing and opportunities to mingle. With a focus towards a club house, bar feel with access to buffet, bowl, and street style food throughout your visit. A tailored welcome drink upon arrival for each match. The room will also include music, games/quizzes with a sociable , fun atmosphere to share with friends, family, or colleagues. Centrally located premium seats. 

Not that is particularly bothers me but one big issue they have is that they struggle to police the seats, there is no natural divide, its hard for people to justify buying the package when people who have not paid for them can walk up and sit in the 'Premium seats'. It might haved changed with there being less tables in the room this year but in previous years they have had more 'Premium seats' than they are able to have seated people in the suite, meaning unless the remaining tickets are sold without packages (like they did toward the end of last season during the stadium sell outs) it wont ever sell out. 

Edited by Benneythered
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

40 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

"Booking fee" ? 🤔

Exactly, which shows how tinpot City are. You pay £3,000 and City add on £1.25 for the privilege. 

• Like 2

• Admin

As a comparison you can get a ticket at Villa where you get the same price and times, but the big difference is that it is unlimited food and drink in that time period

I have been a guest of Heineken on a number of occasions in their box next to the Directors and hate to say after that nothing seems worth doing, especially at the costs

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

I know loads of people who have moved away from corporate for various reasons

am I right in saying Josh Eggleton is no longer involved in the food and it's gone downhill (massively) over the past few seasons?

Prior to last season the food had gone downhill but it got much better last year, they tried to start a streetfood style bowl system at the start of the season but it very quickly failed and they resorted back to the self service buffet that was there before.

They made a mistake when it opened and there wasnt enough between the two levels to make it worth it, they slowly started to take things away from the cheaper end season after season and thought nobody would notice, at one point people from the cheaper end had the desserts removed when they came back at the start of a new season so they would walk up the other end and take it from there, that was until everyone got an email telling them to stop, it was quite funny to watch.

I think they might have realised that lots of people just want the bar, the seats in the stadium and arnt that fussed about food and thats what they are trying to offer.

Edited by Benneythered

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

As a comparison you can get a ticket at Villa where you get the same price and times, but the big difference is that it is unlimited food and drink in that time period

I have been a guest of Heineken on a number of occasions in their box next to the Directors and hate to say after that nothing seems worth doing, especially at the costs

Last season the cheaper end of the suite you can get food as much as you like you just buy drinks, I think the other end is all included.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Benneythered said:

Last season the cheaper end of the suite you can get food as much as you like you just buy drinks, I think the other end is all included.

Thank you, I never knew that.

Certainly never seen it advertised other than a free bottle of Heinkeken

60 years at AG ,many as season ticket holder, 10 years with a debenture seat package , and then 5 years on a Landsdown Club package…..when we came back after the Covid lockdown having missed the last year of our package ,they removed age discount although that is available for all other seats in the stadium,removed seats up cup quarter finals, and increased the price by 70o/o…….have not been back since and neither has 6 out of the 10 on our table. Standards had already started to drop and getting worse. The consensus was that the club really only wanted corporate in the Landsdown and that they could fill it . !!!!!!!  At the time 21/22 season  it was costing over £1200 a season. 

Look at the hospitality seats every week now at £2700 a seasons ,probably the least supported in the stadium ,(SL must cringe at all the empty seats and lost revenue ),some of the most loyal supporter alienated and will probably never come back or find alternative ways to watch games. Hospitality at away matches ,many superior in offer and lower in cost.

Time the club woke up to the fact that there is completion out there for the supporters cash and mediocre service and inflated prices may attract a few corporates who dont actually splash out for their day,but it will not wash with those who turn up every week and actually pay .

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

Thank you, I never knew that.

Certainly never seen it advertised other than a free bottle of Heinkeken

Not sure about the food in the Heinkeken as ive not been in there, the free bottle is just for people in there, we dont get any free drinks in the cheaper end of the Landsdown Suite unless something special has happened. (Edit: Ive just seen we do get it this season) It might all change this year with the new set up but will report back when all becomes clear, I dont think they will be able to stop people having multiple bowls of food so I imagine it will remain largely all you can eat!

Edited by Benneythered
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, vicky10 said:

60 years at AG ,many as season ticket holder, 10 years with a debenture seat package , and then 5 years on a Landsdown Club package…..when we came back after the Covid lockdown having missed the last year of our package ,they removed age discount although that is available for all other seats in the stadium,removed seats up cup quarter finals, and increased the price by 70o/o…….have not been back since and neither has 6 out of the 10 on our table. Standards had already started to drop and getting worse. The consensus was that the club really only wanted corporate in the Landsdown and that they could fill it . !!!!!!!  At the time 21/22 season  it was costing over £1200 a season. 

Look at the hospitality seats every week now at £2700 a seasons ,probably the least supported in the stadium ,(SL must cringe at all the empty seats and lost revenue ),some of the most loyal supporter alienated and will probably never come back or find alternative ways to watch games. Hospitality at away matches ,many superior in offer and lower in cost.

Time the club woke up to the fact that there is completion out there for the supporters cash and mediocre service and inflated prices may attract a few corporates who dont actually splash out for their day,but it will not wash with those who turn up every week and actually pay .

They are also their own competition in so much that if you decide to take out 2 or 3 memberships in a hospitality area, you can either do that for 2nd division football, or Premier standard rugby.

So for every ticket they sell for the football, the same customer might have thought that their clients would have a preference for rugby. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-men-news/new-2024-25-hospitality/

New 2024/25 hospitality

26 July 2024

Bristol City is pleased to announce its executive boxes and brand new hospitality packages for the 2024/25 season.

box-box-edited-1014x570.png

EXECUTIVE BOXES

Entertain up to 12 guests in one of our exclusive private boxes – the ultimate private dining experience. With a range of exquisite menus, dedicated host/hostess, balcony seating, VIP access and private members bar all combining to make it a first-class service for you and your guests. Sit back, relax and enjoy the action on the pitch in style.

All matches now available.

bridge-cocktail-edited-1014x570.png

BRIDGE BAR AND RESTAURANT

Available to book for the season only, The Bridge delivers an intimate dining space in a new luxurious setting of the Lansdown Stand.

Combining informal drinks at the Bridge Bar with exquisite fine dining at your private table, it is the perfect place to entertain clients, friends, and family.

Enjoy direct access to luxury padded seats in a central location and an inclusive range of drinks.

Additionally, benefit from on-site car parking, with one space per four guests, ensuring convenience and comfort throughout your time in The Bridge.

Contact us now on hospitality@ashtongate.co.uk  

CROSSBAR_PINT-570x570.jpg

THE CROSSBAR

Available for the season or on a match-to-match basis, The Crossbar in the Lansdown Stand offers a casual space with a mix of seating, standing and opportunities to mingle.

With a focus towards a club house-bar feel, enjoy access to buffet, bowl, and street style food throughout your visit.

Receive a tailored welcome drink upon arrival for each match, while the room will also include music, with a sociable, fun atmosphere to share with friends, family, or colleagues. Seats are premium and centrally located.

All matches now available.

HEINEKEN LOUNGE

We will soon be announcing Heineken Lounge hospitality for 2024/25 so please look out for the exciting new packages.

On 23/07/2024 at 10:23, vicky10 said:

I used to be a member of the Landsdown club but the club got greedy around the time we drew Man United and Man City at home in the league cup. Because they were able to sell premium packages at an inflated price those they referred to as the “legacy” supporters were treated poorly. I therefore gave up my hospitality package and I know of others who did the same. Surprise, surprise, many years later we are still in the Championship, those who were clamouring for Man United and Man City tickets are nowhere to be seen and long-standing supporters have been forced out. Well done Mark Kelly. 

• Like 11
  • Flames 2

Evidently struggling to fill it as they are advertising it all over insta. Apparently options have ‘now launched’. Seems strange not to have ‘launched’ them earlier in the summer?!

A few of the corporate box holders haven't renewed this year so the club are thinking of other ways to fill them on a match by match basis. 

Have been in the boxes lots of times’ a firm I subcontracted off used to have 1 ‘ not overly impressed’ the boxes were looking a bit tired and in need of a spruce up ‘ food not great’ got to say the staff were really good.

52 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Have been in the boxes lots of times’ a firm I subcontracted off used to have 1 ‘ not overly impressed’ the boxes were looking a bit tired and in need of a spruce up ‘ food not great’ got to say the staff were really good.

I felt exactly the same

Just a direct reflection of our club, and how it's run

• Like 1

On 23/07/2024 at 10:23, vicky10 said:

Excellent post - I couldn't have written any better as it reflects my situation over recent years.

Could afford it but don't on principle.

• Like 4

On 22/07/2024 at 21:27, CTRed said:

Interesting to see this as can’t remember anything being announced;

IMG_0100.jpeg

IMG_0101.jpeg

Is there any Bars or bar in the upper lansdown that can be used pre match for season ticket holders similar to supporters club bar 

17 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just on Hospitality, it would be interesting to know how their Offerings compare but Birmingham increased Prices post relegation to League One.

It's counter-intuitive?

I would imagine they have at least maintained last year's numbers if not exceeded them

Fans tend to ride a wave of hope and anticipation and with what they have spent on new players I imagine it would impact numbers directly

50 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I would imagine they have at least maintained last year's numbers if not exceeded them

Fans tend to ride a wave of hope and anticipation and with what they have spent on new players I imagine it would impact numbers directly

Their general season ticket sales are up 46% I read a while ago post relegation which is perhaps unprecedented so wouldn't surprise.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

17 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just on Hospitality, it would be interesting to know how their Offerings compare but Birmingham increased Prices post relegation to League One.

It's counter-intuitive?

They completely refitted and improved the lounges in the summer, ours have had issues since opening that still haven’t been fixed. 

I’d be interested to know if they are operationally better on a matchday than us, we like many have lots of temp staff and seem to have tons of matchday managers but none of the seem to be able to execute a plan consistently, it always feels like it’s a shock the game is on and they’ve had to cobble everything together last minute, the structure of a game largely remains the same throughout the year and there should be procedures to follow.

• Thanks 1

Just thought I’d follow up from this after the first home game, the experience in the crossbar section of the lounge was much improved from last season and I’m hoping they can maintain it.

They have redecorated and now made the suite into two rooms on matchday, whilst ‘The Bridge’ is a more formal sit-down experience ‘The Crossbar’ end was unassigned seating (more seats than people) and has a more lively feel this year. If you have ever been in the Heineken lounge in previous years it is very similar to that experience with the addition of upgraded seating in the middle of the main stand.

Here are the main points:

- Drink on arrival (Likely a promotional company) this week was ale in a can or gin, if you want a soft drink you can get a half pint at the bar.

- Tea and coffee available on various tables in the room throughout.

- Entertainment included a quiz where you can win free drinks, a live performer and an interview from a speaker (This game was Keith Millen).

- Food was four separate stations that included food from around the world including Jamaican, Asian and other things like pulled pork burgers with wedges etc, you can revisit these stations as many times as you like. They have also added back the desserts in this side of the room, it was a chocolate fountain and cheesecakes this week.

- There was a virtual game for children and bigger children if you fancied it, you put goggles on and trying to complete challenges.

- Half time tea and coffee was again available with the addition of a posh sausage roll, not sure how but if you were still hungry you could get several of them if you wanted.

All in all, a much better match day experience for the space and hopefully they can maintain it over the season.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Benneythered said:

Just thought I’d follow up from this after the first home game, the experience in the crossbar section of the lounge was much improved from last season and I’m hoping they can maintain it.

They have redecorated and now made the suite into two rooms on matchday, whilst ‘The Bridge’ is a more formal sit-down experience ‘The Crossbar’ end was unassigned seating (more seats than people) and has a more lively feel this year. If you have ever been in the Heineken lounge in previous years it is very similar to that experience with the addition of upgraded seating in the middle of the main stand.

Here are the main points:

- Drink on arrival (Likely a promotional company) this week was ale in a can or gin, if you want a soft drink you can get a half pint at the bar.

- Tea and coffee available on various tables in the room throughout.

- Entertainment included a quiz where you can win free drinks, a live performer and an interview from a speaker (This game was Keith Millen).

- Food was four separate stations that included food from around the world including Jamaican, Asian and other things like pulled pork burgers with wedges etc, you can revisit these stations as many times as you like. They have also added back the desserts in this side of the room, it was a chocolate fountain and cheesecakes this week.

- There was a virtual game for children and bigger children if you fancied it, you put goggles on and trying to complete challenges.

- Half time tea and coffee was again available with the addition of a posh sausage roll, not sure how but if you were still hungry you could get several of them if you wanted.

All in all, a much better match day experience for the space and hopefully they can maintain it over the season.

I was in The Bridge area against Millwall, first time in there, while all the staff were top drawer it did feel a bit flat. When it was remarked there was music next door it caused a few mumbles. 

The food was faultless and the free drinks certainly helped, but I couldn't quite work out who it was aimed at, there were people of all ages in there. 

I mentioned before about the equivalent to the crossbar at Villa, this is for Everton for £149 see below, I wonder why we can't promote something similar? 

FB_IMG_1724265892091.jpg

FB_IMG_1724265895855.jpg

FB_IMG_1724265864032.jpg

FB_IMG_1724265867281.jpg

FB_IMG_1724265870419.jpg

Screenshot_20240821_063231_Instagram.jpg

Had two tickets for hospitality through work for the rugby having never been in hospitality before. Long story short it wasn’t very organised and we ended up sat on the wrong side of the pot plant. Blagged ourselves the free upgrade and thoroughly enjoyed it as a one off but not sure I’d spend the money week in week out. (Unless I won the lotttery). 🤣

• Like 1

• Admin
13 hours ago, Red Billy said:

Had two tickets for hospitality through work for the rugby having never been in hospitality before. Long story short it wasn’t very organised and we ended up sat on the wrong side of the pot plant. Blagged ourselves the free upgrade and thoroughly enjoyed it as a one off but not sure I’d spend the money week in week out. (Unless I won the lotttery). 🤣

Completely agree, I'd get bored of it very quickly if I did it regularly, but a couple of times a season it's OK 

I was gutted I wasn't among our fans during the Millwall game

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Completely agree, I'd get bored of it very quickly if I did it regularly, but a couple of times a season it's OK 

I was gutted I wasn't among our fans during the Millwall game

And that's it in a nut shell.

I've done the corporate thing on several occasions and sat in with the Directors. If we score, most guests clap enthusiastically albeit that they may not even be a City fan.

I want to jump up and down and hug a complete stranger when we score. I want to be able to  vocally point out errors to the Ref and highlight ungentlemanly challenges by opposition players or a polite critique of their hair-do.

These are not available options in the posh seats despite the langoustine three ways with lavender infused jus.

Surely the best fan moments for loads of us were in the East End or Open end ( or possibly on the pitch after a momentous win)?

Would be interested in the views of those who know more, how these 2 would compare and contrast, Price, Offerings and Quality of Opposition all weighted in.

https://bcfchospitality.seatunique.com/sport-tickets/football/birmingham-city-fc-tickets/d53a0751#ff35f3d7

https://www.bcfc.com/news/all/2024-25-seasonal-matchday-hospitality-now-on-sale

Bear in mind that is Third Tier Football too.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

With these new offerings are there discounts for season card holders? I know I’ve had it in the past but not always.

If it’s the seats in the Heineken corner I usually go and sit in my own seat anyway, which makes it even less of a good deal. The centre Lansdown seats are great though and so far this season 3/4 empty.