IGNORED

NO Japen v Paraguay today.

There’s 22 players on the pitch. OF COURSE the one to go off on a stretcher is our player.

We can never have nice things and I was always worried he’d get injured during these Olympics before actually playing for us

Paraguay look really dangerous opponents, several nasty challenges and little off the ball bits in that 20 minutes. Hopefully they only took Yu off as a precaution, but he didn't look happy at all.

Get him back to the club now and recover in Bristol

I must admit, when I saw Japan were playing them I jokingly thought I bet they start kicking our player off the pitch - hey presto!

Mystic Meg 😂

• Like 1

you've got to say, for all the effort we go to as fans holding the club to standards, complaining when things aren't going well etc etc... there's not really anything the club can do about the obvious curse that afflicts us. Laugh or cry? ffs

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Yu really haven't.

Dammit, first thought in my head on hearing the injury was 'yu hate to see someone carried off on a stretcher', too slow 

• Haha 1

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Don't think he'd be walking around trying to run it off after that tackle if he'd done his ligaments.

Nasty, but hopefully its not too serious.

I was just going to say similar.

Hopefully it was more the impact of studs on ankle , maybe bruising . A nasty one but one I think with some ice and rest will hopefully prove to be nothing serious .  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

I was just going to say similar.

Hopefully it was more the impact of studs on ankle , maybe bruising . A nasty one but one I think with some ice and rest will hopefully prove to be nothing serious .  

Cheers doc 

1 minute ago, HomerRed said:

Just hoping the stretcher was more precautionary. He seemed to be moving okay before sitting back down. 

Typical of our luck though. 

Sometimes you can do an injury and it seem nothing too bad at the time due to shock and adrenaline. 

I'm not a medical professional tho so not allowed to comment on these things. 

6 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

We can only hope it’s nothing too serious and wish him a rapid and full return to fitness, it was a horrible challenge.

Hopefully yes, but it’s ankle ligaments . Even if it’s not serious it may well be the end of the olympics for him . 

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Hopefully yes, but it’s ankle ligaments . Even if it’s not serious it may well be the end of the olympics for him . 

Has that been confirmed ?

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

If Yu has suffered a serious injury and needs to have maybe an operation and rehabilitation etc, then where does that take place? With us? Or in Japan with his club? 

We can cancel the loan I’m sure if it a long term one as he’s not officially our player and still find another No7 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, Benneythered said:

Lets not start making numbers up for the length of time hes going to be out when its not even confirmed, im not saying it wont be but throwing numbers out is pointless.

Thanks for telling me what to do mate 👍

• Facepalm 1

A while back I did my ankle , I was in agony and XRay showed nothing but was told it was a rupture . I've also had a sprain ( same ******* ankle years apart ) , you ain't getting up and trying to run it off if it's that serious.
Not saying it might not be a long term fix, but just the lad trying to carry gives me hope it isn't long term. 
Obviously impossible to tell from TV pics , they wont know until it's scanned after a period to allow any swelling to go down. 

All we can do is hope .

2 minutes ago, Benneythered said:

Lets not start making numbers up for the length of time hes going to be out when its not even confirmed, im not saying it wont be but throwing numbers out is pointless.

Yep. Likewise worrying about loan agreements and replacements.

Cross that bridge if we come to it.

• Like 2

Just now, 1960maaan said:

A while back I did my ankle , I was in agony and XRay showed nothing but was told it was a rupture . I've also had a sprain ( same ******* ankle years apart ) , you ain't getting up and trying to run it off if it's that serious.
Not saying it might not be a long term fix, but just the lad trying to carry gives me hope it isn't long term. 
Obviously impossible to tell from TV pics , they wont know until it's scanned after a period to allow any swelling to go down. 

All we can do is hope .

I snapped my ankle ligaments in three places playing. Tried to carry on playing but no good.  They didn’t get fixed for over 2 years mind as the doctors didn’t believe me and said I just needed physio. Until I had a scan finally!  Luckily our man won’t have that issue but it didn’t look good.  Hopefully just tearing but it was a ‘ing awful tackle.    

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. Likewise worrying about loan agreements and replacements.

Cross that bridge if we come to it.

It is probably ankle ligaments but let’s wait and see before guessing how long he could be out for and cancelling loans 🙄