IGNORED

NO Japen v Paraguay today.

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

I snapped my ankle ligaments in three places playing. Tried to carry on playing but no good.  They didn’t get fixed for over 2 years mind as the doctors didn’t believe me and said I just needed physio. Until I had a scan finally!  Luckily our man won’t have that issue but it didn’t look good.  Hopefully just tearing but it was a ‘ing awful tackle.    

It was a shit tackle , but I'm really trying to think positively . I am hoping it was studs on ankle that caused the problem . 

No real point in thinking anything really I guess, not until there is some proper news.

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

It’s early days as we don’t know the damage, but christ we don’t have much luck with overseas players do we?

Either injuries or duds.

Would argue not very well used by a certain manager in some cases too. As indeed the case for varied domestic players.

Some duds too of course.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

So was it a red card for the tackle? And they let him play on for 5 minutes before he finally went off?

I read he likes to try and play through the pain barrier, especially for minor injuries.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It was a shit tackle , but I'm really trying to think positively . I am hoping it was studs on ankle that caused the problem . 

No real point in thinking anything really I guess, not until there is some proper news.

Indeed.  You’d think we would hear something pretty soon. 

34 minutes ago, INCRED said:

We can cancel the loan I’m sure if it a long term one as he’s not officially our player and still find another No7 

he is officially our player. 

We cannot cancel the loan in the first 30 days of the contract

we cannot cancel the loan outside of a window. 

we will need to have negotiated a loan termination clause. If money has changed hands then some of those clauses aren't allowed too. 

If this is a season ender, we may have the ability to cancel it before our window closes; however it could also be a requirement that the registration window be open in both countries, and I'm not sure when the Japanese mid season window closes...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

Indeed.  You’d think we would hear something pretty soon. 

Whenever we have had these sort of injuries, the Club normally announce something about Tuesday morning. 
wait for swelling, then have a scan , I'd guess we will know at the weekend maybe. 

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Yes, although it took VAR to intervene.

I don't think the Ref gave a free kick did he? 
I was watching on the Laptop with the sound down , so wasn't sure. One of the Japanese players seemed to kick the ball out to stop play.

5 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

we will need to have negotiated a loan termination clause. If money has changed hands then some of those clauses aren't allowed too. 

If this is a season ender, we may have the ability to cancel it before our window closes; however it could also be a requirement that the registration window be open in both countries, and I'm not sure when the Japanese mid season window closes...

We shouldn't jump the gun and hope for the best. But if it is a season ender we probably won't cancel the loan but buy him instead. 

If it is bad, the club should consider sending him home for recovery. Being banged up on crutches for several weeks, in a country he doesn't know, with little support network. I know where I'd want to be. Pay for his medical fees and physio in Japan with his loved ones. 

• Like 5
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Hopefully yes, but it’s ankle ligaments . Even if it’s not serious it may well be the end of the olympics for him . 

Hopefully , and back to Bristol tomorrow 

Normally our new signings get crocked on their debut for us, but this really takes the biscuit - getting crocked before even playing a game for us!

We're cursed I tell'ee.:grr:

You really couldn't make it up!!!!

Edited by downendcity
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

If it is bad, the club should consider sending him home for recovery. Being banged up on crutches for several weeks, in a country he doesn't know, with little support network. I know where I'd want to be. Pay for his medical fees and physio in Japan with his loved ones. 

I like the thought. Just playing devil's advocate, is there an argument for keeping him around to get used to the culture both in and out the club, facilities, getting to know the half of the squad that will inevitably get crocked etc. Anyway, hope it's not as bad as feared 🤞

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bcfcape91 said:

I like the thought. Just playing devil's advocate, is there an argument for keeping him around to get used to the culture both in and out the club, facilities, getting to know the half of the squad that will inevitably get crocked etc. Anyway, hope it's not as bad as feared 🤞

Definitely for learning the language 

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Normally our new signings get crocked on their debut for us, but this really takes the biscuit - getting crocked before even playing a game for us!

We're cursed I tell'ee.:grr:

You really couldn't make it up!!!!

Ross McCrorie managed to pick up a virus before kicking a ball for us

6 hours ago, BobBobBobbin said:

Is he? 

I thought he was on loan with a view to buy? 

Usually when a player suffers a serious injury they return home to their parent club for treatment. 

It all depends on what is in the contract between us and his club of which none of us really know. This eventually 'should' be covered in the contract between the clubs. 

I thought Japan's number 10 (kit number, not position) Koki Saito stood out massively yesterday until I turned it off when Yu went off. Googled him and he only plays for Lommel

49 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

I thought Japan's number 10 (kit number, not position) Koki Saito stood out massively yesterday until I turned it off when Yu went off. Googled him and he only plays for Lommel

It's definitely a market to keep an eye on and build links in. As I said earlier in the thread, I really like Kota Takai, the left sided Centre back. Only 19, 6ft 2in and has played 20 games for Kawasaki Frontale. He looks really quick, reads the game well and his passing is really slick and accurate.

I don't know if @Davefevs has data from that league, but I would be interested to know if his stats match my impression of him from two games.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Interview with him after the game that seems to imply nowhere near as serious as some of the outlandish posts on here about cancelling the loan implied, let’s hope so..

Can’t seem to paste a link to it but he walked to and from the press conference & talks about focusing on the next match (which seems somewhat optimistic to me) & it being his decision to come off.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

image.thumb.png.d0eb2757fbcea473711cea5e61973981.png

i haven’t updated data since 8th July.

I am now wondering if I have the right guy? It says he is right footed there but he was definitely pinging passes out with his left in the games I saw.

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am now wondering if I have the right guy? It says he is right footed there but he was definitely pinging passes out with his left in the games I saw.

I wouldn’t rely overly on that bit of the data

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

Why is the story being covered by the G@s reporter? Did he win a competition for the day? 

Please use his proper title in future:

Promotion Chasing Bristol Rovers Correspondent.😉

• Haha 4