IGNORED

Jayson Molumby

Just another example of the poor on field behaviour in the current game.

its about time the football authorities stamped out this rubbish !

from the dissent to the feigning of injury to behaviour like this, it has made the modern game an embarrassment and gives so much ammunition to the football haters.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

from the dissent to the feigning of injury to behaviour like this, it has made the modern game an embarrassment and gives so much ammunition to the football haters.

Im pretty sure he will be getting a lengthy ban for this.

Mental thing is some West Brom fans on twitter are defending him saying the Mallorca player hit him first……but they are ignoring the fact that Molumby aims a “headbutt” to begin with! Proper odd behaviour, must be something else going on with him to snap like that.

Who gives a **** what a few snobby rugby fans think? Contact sports result in occasional situations where tempers get frayed. If it’s non-contact and no bad behaviour you want played by wholesome, Christian middle to upper class lads then Chess is a good alternative.

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Who gives a **** what a few snobby rugby fans think? Contact sports result in occasional situations where tempers get frayed. If it’s non-contact and no bad behaviour you want played by wholesome, Christian middle to upper class lads then Chess is a good alternative.

Just to be clear..are you actually trying to defend/excuse the behaviour on that video?

Oh, there's bad behaviour in chess. Some of them are absolute 💯 neanderthals.

(No offence intended to our ancestors - it was a bit different back then.)

• Haha 1

If you get to see the full video, you’ll see a different Mallorca player have a really snide hack at him as he gets away, he loses balance, then get whacked by the player he then punches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Just to be clear..are you actually trying to defend/excuse the behaviour on that video?

It really is no big deal ! I just do t get all the fuss ! Two players come to blows and end up grappling on the floor . Happened for the past 100 years and will for the next , as it does in rugby with even more regularity . Really don’t get what all the fuss is about ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Oh, there's bad behaviour in chess. Some of them are absolute 💯 neanderthals.

(No offence intended to our ancestors - it was a bit different back then.)

Pedantic point, but they are not our ancestors 😜

7 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Pedantic point, but they are not our ancestors 😜

I think that current evidence suggests Homo sapiens did actually interbreed with Neanderthals. So we have genes inherited from Neanderthals.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I think that current evidence suggests Homo sapiens did actually interbreed with Neanderthals. So we have genes inherited from Neanderthals.

I get my genes in Marks & Spencer when in UK

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 1
  • Facepalm 1

You like watching grown man rolling around on the ground feigning injury do you ? Or surrounding referees contesting decisions ?

well I don’t and I think it’s pathetic, football could be a more enjoyable contact sport than it is now if the players weren’t constantly trying to win fouls through simulation 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, italian dave said:

No, I didn’t defend anything but it happens in football and rugby too for that matter. Players lose their rag and mass indignation by 20 people on here ain’t changing it. That’s the sport people pay money to watch, deal with it.

The vast majority of us on here who played the game probably got sent off at least once in their life for something they later thought “how big a **** was I?”…….luckily for us we weren’t playing at a level where people are calling for Police intervention and bollocks like that (read the replies on X).

To be clear.

You like watching grown man rolling around on the ground feigning injury do you ? Or surrounding referees contesting decisions ?

well I don’t and I think it’s pathetic, football could be a more enjoyable contact sport than it is now if the players weren’t constantly trying to win fouls through simulation 

No, I hate the feigning of injuries just as much as you. I do, however, accept that young lads lose their heads now and again under verbal or physical provocation and do stupid things.

16 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Indeed. My mate's City supporting daughter married a Gashead.

• Haha 6

33 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

It really is no big deal ! I just do t get all the fuss ! Two players come to blows and end up grappling on the floor . Happened for the past 100 years and will for the next , as it does in rugby with even more regularity . Really don’t get what all the fuss is about ! 

Someone has got the common sense meter switched on.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

No, I hate the feigning of injuries just as much as you. I do, however, accept that young lads lose their heads now and again under verbal or physical provocation and do stupid things.

Yes I’m not as bothered about that original video, these things do happen and getting to that level is rare.

My main gripe are the other issues around the game that I mentioned such as the feigning injury and dissent because they happen every game, usually multiple times.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Good point, well made 😀

Norman Hunter v Francis Lee . Watch that vid on You Tube at last once a week. Only so I can be offended by it and be thankful that we don't see that sort of behaviour nowadays of course. Disgraceful !

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

19 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Do you iron crease’s in them Tone?

My Mum used to but always down the seam so you always looked like Charlie Caroli the clown when you put them on. That and a bit of starch ....... sorted !!

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, reddoc said:

Norman Hunter v Francis Lee . Watch that vid on You Tube at last once a week. Only so I can be offended by it and be thankful that we don't see that sort of behaviour nowadays of course. Disgraceful !

Remember asking Norm about that down at the Gate, he didn't  elaborate on the subject. I do wonder how modern players would cope with the likes of Norm, Tommy Smith and Ron Harris. Different time, different gamse sadly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Yeah, I bet the likes of Vinnie Jones and Roy Keane are really upset that violence is ruining modern football.

4 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

No, I didn’t defend anything but it happens in football and rugby too for that matter. Players lose their rag and mass indignation by 20 people on here ain’t changing it. That’s the sport people pay money to watch, deal with it.

The vast majority of us on here who played the game probably got sent off at least once in their life for something they later thought “how big a **** was I?”…….luckily for us we weren’t playing at a level where people are calling for Police intervention and bollocks like that (read the replies on X).

To be clear.

I don’t do X - party because if you do then that sort of bollocks is what you’ll get.

I don’t think it’s the worst thing that’s happened in the world this week. But equally I don’t get people seeing that and then just trying to brush it off as ‘part of the game’. It ain’t. 

4 hours ago, Andrew Horsman said:

Every set piece etc players are going to wind him up now, step on his toes, elbows etc. The full range of dark arts to wind him up. As for the refs…….

Sounds like we have the perfect man for this in Joe Williams!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

it's handbags compared to Norman Hunter, Billy Bremner.....Batty, Viera, Et Al?..........and even Bradley Orr,            Get over it ?       

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

The game these days the game is much safer and much less violent than it was in the 70s with the likes of ‘dirty’ Leeds, ‘Chopper’ Harris, Norman ‘bite yer legs’ Hunter - the list of ‘hard men’ was as long as your arm.

I can’t remember the last time I witnessed a player punching an appointment. 

That said - whats got significantly worse is the feigning injury and time wasting.

• Like 2

If players want to square up to each other I am fine with that.At least it is honest. It is the blatant cheating,time wasting,feigning injury and trying to con refs that I can't stand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

The game these days the game is much safer and much less violent than it was in the 70s with the likes of ‘dirty’ Leeds, ‘Chopper’ Harris, Norman ‘bite yer legs’ Hunter - the list of ‘hard men’ was as long as your arm.

I can’t remember the last time I witnessed a player punching an appointment. 

That said - whats got significantly worse is the feigning injury and time wasting.

Especially the feigning injury incidents?.....at times it is pathetic and embarrassing ? Without naming names,  there are serial offenders who need to be booked and shamed............. and of     course this is after they have ceased rolling around screaming for the 6th or 7th  time?   Ha!                

• Like 1

11 hours ago, italian dave said:

I don’t do X - party because if you do then that sort of bollocks is what you’ll get.

I don’t think it’s the worst thing that’s happened in the world this week. But equally I don’t get people seeing that and then just trying to brush it off as ‘part of the game’. It ain’t. 

Of course it's part of the game because it's happened before, it's happening now and it'll happen again - guaranteed. An unsavoury part but a part nonetheless. These young lads generally learn their lesson by being banned for matches and then in some cases taking a month or two to get back into the side. That type of things tends to increase the maturity levels and the associated discipline on the pitch but let's not pretend that some young lads playing a professional sport at a high level that requires an aggressive mindset won't make a bad rick now and again. Let's not be daft and think that ALL young lads can be easily coached to maintain control and discipline under all provocation. It's not Crown Green Bowling and these things happen whether they are right, wrong, badly wrong, disgraceful or indifferent.

A lot of things are said and done on a football pitch as the game is unfolding that you or I sat in the crowd aren't party to and whilst most players have it under control some need to learn that control. Sometimes you have to explain to a young kid that the opposition Centre Half ISN'T REALLY shagging his missus and that he could have ignored that particular comment rather than going in studs up next tackle.................I've seen it, heard it etc. along with many others on this forum.

13 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Ok, I'll start. Chess Piece 11.

Knight

Rook(s)

King

Marley BISHOP-Wisdom (youth player of long(ish) ago)

er ...

I thought you were going to say, Marley ***KING Watkins.

Edited by Curr Avon

27 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Ok, I'll start. Chess Piece 11.

Knight

Rook(s)

King

Marley BISHOP-Wisdom (youth player of long(ish) ago)

er ...

Peter Styvar…. Our Check Mate 😎🤞

• Flames 1

51 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Especially the feigning injury incidents?.....at times it is pathetic and embarrassing ? Without naming names,  there are serial offenders who need to be booked and shamed............. and of     course this is after they have ceased rolling around screaming for the 6th or 7th  time?   Ha!                

As we saw in the WC FIFA have introduced adding on time when the referee thinks that players are feigning injury and/or deliberately time wasting - long overdue in my view.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

As we saw in the WC FIFA have introduced adding on time when the referee thinks that players are feigning injury and/or deliberately time wasting - long overdue in my view.

It's something at least RR but I think with multiple camera angles available at so many games,incidents should be reviewed retrospectively and bans should be handed out where appropriate.Not a big fan of VAR but would like to see action taken after the game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slacker said:

It's something at least RR but I think with multiple camera angles available at so many games,incidents should be reviewed retrospectively and bans should be handed out where appropriate.Not a big fan of VAR but would like to see action taken after the game. 

We suffered from it a few times!

*Bailey Wright- Alleged simulation, 2 Games.

*Diedhiou- Alleged spitting at an opponent- 6 Games.

*Sykes copped a 4 game ban post Swansea Away in Spring 2023.

He was also unfortunate that only him out of him and Freeman went in August 2022 v Luton that same year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

A weird one

Surely even the player would want the ban over and done with 

He`ll never actually serve it though. Ridiculous decision - sends out the message that you can do what you like in a friendly and get away without being punished apart from losing a week`s wages.

• Like 1