IGNORED

Willem II

Tilburg game ticket info announced.

NO RESERVED SEATS

For those who are going, some a proposing creating a red wall behind the South Stand Goal, much like what our Amigos will be doing in the Atyeo. 

Thoughts?

• Haha 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Tilburg game ticket info announced.

NO RESERVED SEATS

For those who are going, some a proposing creating a red wall behind the South Stand Goal, much like what our Amigos will be doing in the Atyeo. 

Thoughts?

NO RESERVED SEATS for season ticket holders - in other words your seat isn't pre-reserved for you

BUT you will still have to choose a seat you will sit in that day

Who are proposing "a red wall"? Surely S82 will be in their usual spot?

Wouldn't imagine enough coming over from Tilburg to created anything other than lots of flags and banners - at present only 3 coaches are coming over (1 supporters club and 2 fan arranged), plus any travelling independently 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

I think the only Red wall will likely be one of empty seats for this game.

I get that a few of our fans & their fans have created a bind between them, which is nice - but beyond those involved in that, I can't imagine anyone is in the slightest bit inspired by this game & I'd be surprised if there were much more than 5k in attendance for it, maybe 10k at a push. 

I'm actually amazed that the club have embraced the idea of arranging the game, although I know there have been calls for it for a few years now - I can't help but think it's come frome a vocal & admirally passionate few, who enjoy the unofficial link up with this Dutch club, rather than anything that the majority are interested or possibly even very aware of.

Hope I'm wrong & it's a big success 🤞

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I get that a few of our fans & their fans have created a bind between them, which is nice - but beyond those involved in that, I can't imagine anyone is in the slightest bit inspired by this game & I'd be surprised if there were much more than 5k in attendance for it, maybe 10k at a push. 

I'm actually amazed that the club have embraced the idea of arranging the game, although I know there have been calls for it for a few years now - I can't help but think it's come frome a vocal & admirally passionate few, who enjoy the unofficial link up with this Dutch club, rather than anything that the majority are interested or possibly even very aware of.

Been over lots of times and their lads are great.

Agree with you though.

• Robin 1

A friendly vs a European top division club albeit none of the big hitters to round off pre season is not bad IMO. The Willem link aside.

Albeit what was our attendance v Twente in 2017 was it? I didn't make that game.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A friendly vs a European top division club albeit none of the big hitters to round off pre season is not bad IMO. The Willem link aside.

Albeit what was our attendance v Twente in 2017 was it? I didn't make that game.

5,330 (63 away).

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-bristol-city-2-0-fc-twente/

• Thanks 1

I was with one of the Willem 2 lads a couple of weeks ago whilst in Albania and he reckons a fair share of Kingside season ticket holders including all the (Amigos dos Amigos lads) will be making the journey so between 2-500, which is pretty impressive imho.

He said they have a new Director/chairman (no idea) who was keen to get the friendly sorted and that they hoped to get a return fixture sorted next year. I can't see that happening, unless it was a mini tour of Holland which would be amazing for us but maybe not for the Dutch police who I don't think would be too keen on the thought of policing city and Willem lads versus the likes of Feyenoord, Ajax & ADO, it would be absolute chaos, but a lot of fun!

Fingers crossed it's a success as I'd love a pre season tour to my motherland.

PS: Let's hope the g*s are at home same day....

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

we had 5k for twente

11k for Ajax one of the biggest names in football and they bought a few fans,

Anywhere between 5k to 10k is probably right for this sort of game. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think you are right

It's a sweetener from the club to the fans in an attempt to build bridges for all the gaffs they've made

• Like 2

11 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

The game v Rangers pre-season was good fun. National Anthem before was brilliant. Loads of Rangers fans that had come down the night before and were mashed up on Natch in the park. I'm not sure on the attendance but it was good if memory serves.

• Like 3

• Admin
11 minutes ago, jambodinho said:

Are Williem playing anyone else whilst they’re here? If so are any of the city fans going to those games with the willem fans?

Just us

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, supercidered said:

The game v Rangers pre-season was good fun. National Anthem before was brilliant. Loads of Rangers fans that had come down the night before and were mashed up on Natch in the park. I'm not sure on the attendance but it was good if memory serves.

Ye was a great friendly, think there was about 8-9k there. Remember it being sweltering hot 

26 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Ye was a great friendly, think there was about 8-9k there. Remember it being sweltering hot 

From memory we actually missed out on the proper rangers support for that pre season, they had all already arranged to go sheff wed where they took over half the ground 

• Like 1

• Admin
On 12/06/2024 at 16:03, phantom said:

NO RESERVED SEATS for season ticket holders - in other words your seat isn't pre-reserved for you

Wouldn't imagine enough coming over from Tilburg to created anything other than lots of flags and banners - at present only 3 coaches are coming over (1 supporters club and 2 fan arranged), plus any travelling independently 

Interesting emoji @marmite......

• Facepalm 1

On 12/06/2024 at 17:03, phantom said:

You are right. But there are quite a few travelling independently by car/plane. For example “my group” is coming with 18 people independently. But in the end I guess there will be 300-500 Willem II supporters. 

• Like 9

On 13/06/2024 at 09:21, frenchred said:

I think you are right

It's a sweetener from the club to the fans in an attempt to build bridges for all the gaffs they've made

And what’s a matter with that , how many times have you pissed the mrs off on a Saturday getting home late and drunk from football then spent all day Sunday licking ass  ( I know I have 😂

1 hour ago, redkev said:

And what’s a matter with that , how many times have you pissed the mrs off on a Saturday getting home late and drunk from football then spent all day Sunday licking ass  ( I know I have 😂

Not sure she's let me lick her ass all day! I never said there was anything wrong with it!

Mixture of fans scattered all over the ground. Willem fan heading for a wee shortly before half time, trips and lands on a young city fan. Dad of city fan squares up to Wliiem fan. Bit of pushing and shoving, suddenly all hell breaks lose. Fighting everywhere, fires start in the concourse, Atyeo statue taken back to the Netherlands as ransom. City/Wiilem goes down as one of the most hated yet random rivalries of all time…

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Mixture of fans scattered all over the ground. Willem fan heading for a wee shortly before half time, trips and lands on a young city fan. Dad of city fan squares up to Wliiem fan. Bit of pushing and shoving, suddenly all hell breaks lose. Fighting everywhere, fires start in the concourse, Atyeo statue taken back to the Netherlands as ransom. City/Wiilem goes down as one of the most hated yet random rivalries of all time…

Half Man Half Biscuits follow up to Trumpton Riots?

5 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Tinnion kidnapped, taken as Willem CEO

• Haha 2
  • Robin 1

On 12/06/2024 at 22:15, Bar BS3 said:

I think the only Red wall will likely be one

of both teams fans outside the ground but with the first time ever being red white and blue. Its going to be a great day. 

Edited by Three Lions
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Quickly looking at sales for this game its pretty poor so far.

The club ought to let local schools and  universities have loads for free as it the holiday period and who knows future fans?

It’s a pre season friendly, people are hardly going to be rushing to buy tickets.

2 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Quickly looking at sales for this game its pretty poor so far.

The club ought to let local schools and  universities have loads for free as it the holiday period and who knows future fans?

It’s 7 weeks away! It’s not selling out. I’m planning to go….but I’m not rushing to buy tickets. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, willem ii said:

I do not know how many we could buy, but there are 14 tickets left… I guess around 350 tickets sold.

I still don't think it was a penalty on Wednesday. 

Not that this has any bearing on our friendly.

• Admin
5 hours ago, willem ii said:

Apparently the away box is now “sold out”… Still think there will be around 350 supporters of Willem II.

350 was the number of tickets Willem asked for, there is lots more space available 

54 minutes ago, phantom said:

350 was the number of tickets Willem asked for, there is lots more space available 

Would we not just give them some more?

guess they will be able to sit in home end no problem should they wish 

Edited by Club and Country

• Admin
3 hours ago, Club and Country said:

Would we not just give them some more?

guess they will be able to sit in home end no problem should they wish 

If we print tickets and they don't sell them they get the costs 

Obviously plenty of space for them in the Atyeo still, not a chance they'd be allowed to sit among home fans 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phantom said:

That’s not exactly true though phantom, willem didn’t want an away end, city insisted they did. 

Willem were happy for their fans to mingle with city fans. 

If city ever played in Tilburg they 100% wouldn’t be sticking us in the corner of the stadium in their away sector. 

you say not a chance of them sitting in the home ends, why? Like I said they wouldn’t be doing that to us. 

Edited by Wedontplayinblue
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

That’s not exactly true though phantom, willem didn’t want an away end, city insisted they did. 

If city ever played in Tilburg they 100% wouldn’t be sticking us in the corner of the stadium in their away sector. 

you say not a chance of them sitting in the home ends, why? Like I said they wouldn’t be doing that to us. 

Typical City this is 🙄

• Admin
11 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Simple answer is that any side visiting us would always be put in an away section, I'm sure the SAG and Police would demand this, yes there are a number of us that have friends at Willem but equally there will be a larger number of City fans with no affiliation to them

Numbers are what was discussed in comms, and up to now seem pretty accurate of the numbers coming over

I personally think it will be better to be split during the game as flag displays will be easier to see, lets be honest we're spending Friday and Saturday with those that want to mingle so no big deal for 90 minutes in the afternoon

2 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

They sit in the home end usually......

Who does?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, phantom said:

If we print tickets and they don't sell them they get the costs 

Obviously plenty of space for them in the Atyeo still, not a chance they'd be allowed to sit among home fans 

Serious question - Why not? Fulham had it in their away end, small section with home and away fans. 

The fans have wanted this game due to the relationship we've got with them. Going to be brotherly love, not fighting like neanderthals in the stands! Doesn't make much sense to me, especially given the name given to this game... A 'Friendly'. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, willem ii said:

Apparently the away box is now “sold out”… Still think there will be around 350 supporters of Willem II.

Liking this very Dutch use of "box". Here we dont have an away box we have away ends and for those who might not know there is a big difference the Dutch away sections really are like boxes.  

Edited by Three Lions
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Liking this very Dutch use of "box". Here we dont have an away box we have away ends and for those who might not know there is a big difference the Dutch away sections really are like boxes.  

Ha, you beat me to it. They are usually penned in behind Perspex screens and netting, much like a lot of European grounds. 
Many will  have already been to the Gate and those regulars who visit will undoubtedly not be in the “Away box”. 

55 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Some fans. This myth around William is ludicrous. 

what myth what ludicrous?

Hopefully we can go over there for friendly as well. it would see the biggest turn out of City fans for friendly abroad ever (not hard) or we can carry on with friendlies that are attended by city fans in the tens to a a hundred. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Simple answer is that any side visiting us would always be put in an away section, I'm sure the SAG and Police would demand this, yes there are a number of us that have friends at Willem but equally there will be a larger number of City fans with no affiliation to them

Numbers are what was discussed in comms, and up to now seem pretty accurate of the numbers coming over

I personally think it will be better to be split during the game as flag displays will be easier to see, lets be honest we're spending Friday and Saturday with those that want to mingle so no big deal for 90 minutes in the afternoon

Who does?

I’m sorry phantom but that’s rubbish, they are guests of ours regardless if people know of a connection or not.

If any city fans were to give them grief, I’d expect the club to step in and go “hang on, these are guests of the club pack it in”

It’s a pre season friendly, not an at risk game 

Again, without risk of repeating myself they would never do that to us in Tilburg. 

I doubt the sag or police would insist on it, maybe you could ask the club on the next trust meeting?

You mentioned “who does” above, the poster clearly meant when willem fans come over to city games they sit in home ends. 

Edited by Wedontplayinblue
  • Like 4

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

I’m sorry phantom but that’s rubbish, they are guests of ours regardless if people know of a connection or not.

If any city fans were to give them grief, I’d expect the club to step in and go “hang on, these are guests of the club pack it in”

It’s a pre season friendly, not an at risk game 

Again, without risk of repeating myself they would never do that to us in Tilburg. 

I doubt the sag or police would insist on it, maybe you could ask the club on the next trust meeting?

You mentioned “who does” above, the poster clearly meant when willem fans come over to city games they sit in home ends. 

This is all about opinions, we know we'd both welcome Willem fans and vice versa, but not every City fan buys into the association between clubs and will only take one sniffed up idiot to ruin it 

It's a bit different sitting with us supporting City to sitting with us as opposition, I'd not expect either fan to cheer a goal etc from the opposite team that afternoon 

You do raise a valid point about why it has been segregated, sadly had our mini meeting with the football club last week so not for another month now, but I will ask the question

• Like 2

Having been over to Tilburg a few times, their fans are incredible. There's a couple of posters in this thread who seem resistant towards having a club/fan relationship with a team abroad. Why? 

Having abuse at you every game from away fans, makes a nice change to have away fans chant your teams name, and having that mutual respect, I think it's great, and really hope we play them again in Tilburg. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Three Lions said:

You are right about the “away boxes” in The Netherlands. But could also be related to my lack of the English language….

• Like 1

11 hours ago, phantom said:

Who does?

I think you are right phantom. There are pros and cons of being segregated. But in the end the most important thing is meeting each other and have fun together in the usual pubs before and after the match. I am looking forward to that!!!

• Like 6