IGNORED

Willem II

Really looking forward to this one, my first game as a BCFC member and my first since returning to Bristol! 

Anyway, which kits will the sides be wearing, as there's a kit clash - it kind of might be nice for Willem II to wear their home kit, as our guests? Plus, I much prefer our away kit to the home kit this season...

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

Just quickly adding up ticket sales for this it don’t seem as there will be am many at all

Ill go 5k tops

Well I'm going, and I haven't even thought of buying tickets yet. It's pre-season ffs. Add at least a couple more thousand, I should think. 

12 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Just quickly adding up ticket sales for this it don’t seem as there will be am many at all

Ill go 5k tops

The pay on the day take up will likely be a lot higher than usual.

Although with some of the local pubs rolling out the red carpet, there may be a few who start their day with the intention of going but end up staying in the boozer.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Although with some of the local pubs rolling out the red carpet, there may be a few who start their day with the intention of going but end up staying in the boozer.

Sorry for the silly question, but how does pay on the day work with digital tickets?

Looking forward to this one with the boy, reminds me of summer nights against some great European opposition teams, Ajax, Liverpool, Real Mallorca, when Monchengladbach dicked us, which was also on the 3rd August which is my birthday, so yea gonna enjoy this one 

3 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Looking forward to this one with the boy, reminds me of summer nights against some great European opposition teams, Ajax, Liverpool, Real Mallorca, when Monchengladbach dicked us, which was also on the 3rd August which is my birthday, so yea gonna enjoy this one 

I reckon it will be a good day out before the real business starts the week after. A few of us Coming up on the train from Devon for a Cider Beano.

The Hard Dutch Techno at the Miners Arms from 6:30pm and the before and after party at the 3 Lions should be a good laugh as well.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

• Admin
35 minutes ago, David Woody said:

Sorry for the silly question, but how does pay on the day work with digital tickets?

The only thing I can assume is that they will be printed tickets, which of course will mean a higher charge

56 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I reckon it will be a good day out before the real business starts the week after. A few of us Coming up on the train from Devon for a Cider Beano.

The Hard Dutch Techno at the Miners Arms from 6:30pm and the before and after party at the 3 Lions should be a good laugh as well.

Be well up for this but my 7 year old son maybe not so much 😂 have a blast!!

• Haha 1

On 12/06/2024 at 22:15, Bar BS3 said:

I think the only Red wall will likely be one of empty seats for this game.

I get that a few of our fans & their fans have created a binding between them, which is nice - but beyond those involved in that, I can't imagine anyone is in the slightest bit inspired by this game & I'd be surprised if there were much more than 5k in attendance for it, maybe 10k at a push. 

I'm actually amazed that the club have embraced the idea of arranging the game, although I know there have been calls for it for a few years now - I can't help but think it's come frome a vocal & admirally passionate few, who enjoy the unofficial link up with this Dutch club, rather than anything that the majority are interested or possibly even very aware of.

Hope I'm wrong & it's a big success 🤞

The i-talians have a word for this - gemallagio - and if you type it in i-talics - gemellagio - it looks like yer really inter-lectual and you read La Gazzetto Dello Sport on a Monday, sipping a cappuccino, like that James Richardson on C4 in the '90s 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, supercidered said:

At my age I might just slip off into Town and try and find some Taylor Swift :travolta:

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

On 27/07/2024 at 08:31, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Bought 3 tickets yesterday, think it will be like the Rangers friendly, 8-9k but with a cracking atmosphere. Fair few coming from over the bridge 🍺🍺

Bedminster or Prince of Wales Bridge

Just purchased 2 tickets for my son and I.

When I try to tap on download to Google wallet it tells me the site is not secure has happened on my sons phone too.

Also we have had no confirmation of membership which we purchased last month!

Can anyone advise please,thanks

24 minutes ago, forbespm said:

Just purchased 2 tickets for my son and I.

When I try to tap on download to Google wallet it tells me the site is not secure has happened on my sons phone too.

Also we have had no confirmation of membership which we purchased last month!

Can anyone advise please,thanks

If you log on to bcfc and click on your name/drop down, you will see a 'history' option. Filter to 'Memberships' to see membership purchases.

Alternately or for confirmation try to purchase 'member' tickets for you and your son for a city game without finalising payment. If you get to the payment screen then you are a member.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Any idea on ticket sales for this ?

Quickly scrolling through each bloke there seems thousands still available 

I can’t be arsed to add them up 

How about the away following ? 

Think there are around 450 away tickets sold currently. 

15 minutes ago, Lucky Red said:

Hi, I've bought tickets for a couple of friends but cannot work out how to transfer them to their Google Wallets,is anyone able to point me in the right direction, thanks.

Forward the email to them, tell them which seat number to use and there should be an add to wallet button next to each seat.

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Surely it is? Haven't seen it published though 

I'd assume there would be a cut off time to ensure electronic tickets get received in time 

15 hours ago, phantom said:

I'd assume there would be a cut off time to ensure electronic tickets get received in time 

I have mine (4) purchased them last week when in Oz. Arrived in the UK on Sunday morning. Can’t wait to get down too Ashton Gate on Saturday, coyreds

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

Peter Maes WILHELM COACH

investigation

[edit]

In October 2018, Maes, coach of the Belgium national football team K.S.C. Lokeren, was arrested for corruption in Belgian football. After Ivan Leko, Maes is the second coach to be imprisoned in this case[12][13][14]

In July 2023, Maes reached a settlement with the federal prosecutor's office, agreeing to pay a fine to the tax authorities and to the public prosecutor's office as well as repaying any money shown to have been unlawfully earned.[15] This concluded his portion of the investigation and cleared the way for his return to managing football

On 26/07/2024 at 09:42, Bristol Rob said:

i disagree. 

this is going to be so tinpot it's unreal. 

There is no connection between the two clubs, just between a few handful of people who are making something out of nothing. Hopefully when we get an attendance no bigger than if we were to play bournemouth the this "connection" will be put to bed once and for all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 5

2 minutes ago, city1983 said:

i disagree.  

There is no connection between the two clubs, just between a few handful of people who are making something out of nothing. Hopefully when we get an attendance no bigger than if we were to play bournemouth the this "connection" will be put to bed once and for all.

Bournemouth the very established Premier League club? 

12 minutes ago, city1983 said:

i disagree. 

Is there a bell end emoji anywhere?

• Like 11

• Admin
51 minutes ago, johnbytheriver said:

Peter Maes WILHELM COACH

investigation

[edit]

In October 2018, Maes, coach of the Belgium national football team K.S.C. Lokeren, was arrested for corruption in Belgian football. After Ivan Leko, Maes is the second coach to be imprisoned in this case[12][13][14]

In July 2023, Maes reached a settlement with the federal prosecutor's office, agreeing to pay a fine to the tax authorities and to the public prosecutor's office as well as repaying any money shown to have been unlawfully earned.[15] This concluded his portion of the investigation and cleared the way for his return to managing football

Not sure what the relevance of sharing something so old, are you advising us not to place any bets on the game

15 minutes ago, city1983 said:

i disagree. 

As I have always said, there are hundreds of people connected with both clubs who have an affiliation with each other that in many situations goes further than watching football together

But also it should be recognised that there are those that have no interest in the connection, but it is very wrong to imply there isn't any connection

Perhaps you should come down on Saturday get to chat with a football fan from another country and enjoy the opportunity of seeing a side live that you many never get the chance to see again

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

45 minutes ago, city1983 said:

i disagree. 

There’s always one 🙈

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, city1983 said:

i disagree. 

That's harsh, certainly more than a handful involved. I'm not involved personally but I would certainly go over there for a friendly if it happened and I think several hundred others would aswell. I reckon if we were playing Bournemouth the gate would be 5-7k I think there will more than that on Saturday.

• Like 3

Should be.

Willem II are a yoyo club in Netherlands. Obviously Wolves behind closed doors aside but I expect of the games we knew about it will be our strongest test so far yes.

Winnable but challenging- which is ideal all told

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, city1983 said:

i disagree. 

You seem pretty bitter about this game, so why do you appear to have a problem with this?  

Not being funny, but just curious as to why you seem so anti about a friendly between two clubs, due to a long running and positive relationship between significant groups from both their respective fanbases.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, city1983 said:

i disagree. 

What an odd thing to say. I've no connection with any Willem fans, but I'm pleased the friendship exists, and it was great to see, for example, a big group of very vocal Willem lads swelling our away numbers at Sunderland last season and making a great atmosphere.

That's a good thing, right? Why wouldn't you want that? 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I am absolutely gutted to be missing this due to work.I reckon it is going to a really good day.Would love to be part of it.

Hopefully next year during the return match in Tilburg….

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, willem ii said:

That would be great. As I messaged you a while back myself and a couple of mates are going to come over and watch a league as well this season.

4 hours ago, city1983 said:

i disagree. 

OTIB is such a strange place at time 

1 hour ago, willem ii said:

I think that would probably be an even better day to be honest. I hope you and everyone else that comes over has a fantastic time. I am sure you will. I will be thinking of you all on Saturday. 

5 hours ago, city1983 said:

i disagree. 

Even if it is tinpot, it's hopefully a happy tinpot full of joy and fraternity.

I have no care for Willem II myself, and I don't personally know anyone who does. 

But in a world where bad people do bad things I am all for an event that brings people together and maybe brings a bit of cheer to some part of society. If it's tinpot then that's fine. 

I wish safe travels to all the Dutch who are travelling for this, I hope the day is enjoyable for all, and here's to more real Friendlies in football.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, city1983 said:

i disagree. 

The equivalent attendances over the last 8 years or so that I could find:

Portsmouth 5,317

Twente 5,330

Villa 8,589

Final pre season games at AG. When has it ever not been a tinpot occasion? But that isn't the point

If we get 7,000 then that would be great

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Middlesbrough got 14k for their Home Pre Season v Marseille a couple of years ago. Otoh Preston got 5,516 v Fiorentina Saturday 

Do we ever sell reasonably well for Friendlies?

Apart from the "friendly" against that lot up the road I can't recall anything that high, obviously in the days when the Merseyside teams visited it was different but that is a very long time ago in footballing terms

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, city1983 said:

i disagree. 

Your 1983 indicates, a fan of not so many years.

Nothing would indicate nothing. 

I will be out in West Street on Saturday, and I will see? Something between fans of Bristol City and another foreign club that has not existed in my four decades plus support of Bristol City

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, supercidered said:

Assuming 1983 is a year of birth being a virgin at age 31 would take some doing. 

I guess there plenty of caveats to my comment above. 😆

The biggest caveat being the math! 👀

• Like 3
  • Haha 9