IGNORED

Willem II

7 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

You seem pretty bitter about this game, so why do you appear to have a problem with this?  

Not being funny, but just curious as to why you seem so anti about a friendly between two clubs, due to a long running and positive relationship between significant groups from both their respective fanbases.

You seem a bitter fan who has never made very many friends alas poor old “ no friends “ a lot have us have developed friendships with the boys from willem and are really looking forward to meeting up again and I’d thank the club for listening to the fans . It’s a shame your missus doesn’t let you travel further than Ashton as I’m sure you would have enjoyed Tilburg 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well me and the boy are really looking forward to this. This will be his first visit to the gate, since his back surgery in January. Glad to have him back by my side at Ashton Gate

10am the lions?.🤣🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The biggest caveat being the math! 👀

It’s not Math, it’s Maths Dave,  short for Mathematics.  If you really want to be pedantic, it’s actually Arithmetic, one of the branches of Mathematics.

Edited by Malago
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, city1983 said:

i disagree. 

this is going to be so tinpot it's unreal. 

There is no connection between the two clubs, just between a few handful of people who are making something out of nothing. Hopefully when we get an attendance no bigger than if we were to play bournemouth the this "connection" will be put to bed once and for all.

That’s the spirit - never try anything ever because @city1983 will criticise it 🙁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, City Rocker said:

What an odd thing to say. I've no connection with any Willem fans, but I'm pleased the friendship exists, and it was great to see, for example, a big group of very vocal Willem lads swelling our away numbers at Sunderland last season and making a great atmosphere.

That's a good thing, right? Why wouldn't you want that? 

odd isn’t it - I think it’s essentially that Robbored mentality of being scornful of anything they’re not involved with directly.

18 minutes ago, Malago said:

It’s not Math, it’s Maths Dave,  short for Mathematics.  If you really want to be pedantic, it’s actually Arithmetic, one of the branches of Mathematics.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow...

Not sure why that song popped in to my head.

But it's a shared problem now.

It's maths Dave, but not how you know it....

37 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

You seem a bitter fan who has never made very many friends alas poor old “ no friends “ a lot have us have developed friendships with the boys from willem and are really looking forward to meeting up again and I’d thank the club for listening to the fans . It’s a shame your missus doesn’t let you travel further than Ashton as I’m sure you would have enjoyed Tilburg 

Oops, you’ve had a bit of a mare there and quoted the wrong poster mate …. I’m all for the link with Willem II and it’s the person I was replying to (city1983) you should be addressing here.

Fwiw, me, the missus and grandaughter will be there for the Willem game and I also do have some friends!!! 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I doubt it will be a massive crowd , but it will be a good day out. I have no links to Willem II but I'm going with some mates because it's them. I don't do friendlies either, can't remember the last one I went to , so this game is bringing in fans that might not normally come, good thing I'd say.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I doubt it will be a massive crowd , but it will be a good day out. I have no links to Willem II but I'm going with some mates because it's them. I don't do friendlies either, can't remember the last one I went to , so this game is bringing in fans that might not normally come, good thing I'd say.

Last friendly I went to was when either David James played or Nicky Hunt 🙈nightmare signings 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm going for a few reasons.

One is that I fancy a day out with my mates and my son and can enjoy it without the normal stress of a City Matchday.

Next is that the same group of mates and I are planning a trip out to Holland to watch Willem II this season and it will be good to meet up with some of them for a few ciders before and after.

After Saturday it will then be back to the serious business and as such I can just enjoy Saturday as a day out with like minded people with some Hard Techno thrown in.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I'm going for a few reasons.

One is that I fancy a day out with my mates and my son and can enjoy it without the normal stress of a City Matchday.

Next is that the same group of mates and I are planning a trip out to Holland to watch Willem II this season and it will be good to meet up with some of them for a few ciders before and after.

After Saturday it will then be back to the serious business and as such I can just enjoy Saturday as a day out with like minded people with some Hard Techno thrown in.

And according to the weather it’s meant to piss down 🙈

• Confused 1

Like a lot on here I don’t usually do friendlies but as we’re away the week after and it’s new opposition with a connection I’ve decided to go.

Plus it’s my first match since qualifying for a senior railcard, so I can avoid the rammed M5 with a cheapish train ticket. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, city1983 said:

For the record I'm neither bitter nor a virgin

I misread biter ,

Just just once, but 4 times

I was like, a declaration of down the Middle sexual preference and action, make it make sense 🤣

I'm going and though I've not got any connection myself to Willem II or any of the fans from there am quite looking forward to it. Quite keen to make a bit of a day of it because it'll be my last city game in a while because I'm moving to, amusingly (for me) the Netherlands. I've never been all that brave with trying to get involved with stuff, don't want to be super duper involved with stuff really, but it would be nice to pop along + figure out how to watch a Willem II game whilst I'm here (a home one as I have actually been to a game where they were playing in before,,, I shan't mention the opposition though!). 

• Robin 1

20 minutes ago, underover said:

I'm going and though I've not got any connection myself to Willem II or any of the fans from there am quite looking forward to it. Quite keen to make a bit of a day of it because it'll be my last city game in a while because I'm moving to, amusingly (for me) the Netherlands. I've never been all that brave with trying to get involved with stuff, don't want to be super duper involved with stuff really, but it would be nice to pop along + figure out how to watch a Willem II game whilst I'm here (a home one as I have actually been to a game where they were playing in before,,, I shan't mention the opposition though!). 

Best person to speak with would be @willem ii , I’ve now been to watch them twice in Tilburg with many more future trips coming! 

5 minutes ago, Red94 said:

Best person to speak with would be @willem ii , I’ve now been to watch them twice in Tilburg with many more future trips coming! 

Of course always willing to help you with getting tickets and if wanted guide you during matchday, to get the full experience!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 31/07/2024 at 12:45, ralphindevon said:

Like a lot on here I don’t usually do friendlies but as we’re away the week after and it’s new opposition with a connection I’ve decided to go.

Plus it’s my first match since qualifying for a senior railcard, so I can avoid the rammed M5 with a cheapish train ticket. 

Welcome to the Railcard!

Just bought mine 👍

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Welcome to the Railcard!

Just bought mine 👍

I live in Devon and have been using my UK Forces Veterans Railcard for about 3 years now. Brilliant value and my son can travel with me for the same reduced fare as I get. Brilliant value and avoids the f@cking M5 traffic lottery.

• Like 3

Willem II pronunciation …..

it’s not Will ‘Em, its Vill ‘em 

try saying villain, change the end to vill ‘em

II is Tway. try saying tray, change the r to a w, tway

Put it together and you have. Vill’em Tway

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sugarwray said:

Willem II pronunciation …..

it’s not Will ‘Em, its Vill ‘em 

try saying villain, change the end to vill ‘em

II is Tway. try saying tray, change the r to a w, tway

Put it together and you have. Vill’em Tway

Nah, it's will 'em two innit.....

• Haha 1

On 30/07/2024 at 20:44, 1960maaan said:

Same here matey 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, supercidered said:

I live in Devon and have been using my UK Forces Veterans Railcard for about 3 years now. Brilliant value and my son can travel with me for the same reduced fare as I get. Brilliant value and avoids the f@cking M5 traffic lottery.

Agreed @supercidered - I certainly don’t miss the M5 as I travel up from Devon on the train for City games, especially at this time of year!

• Like 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Bristol City missing a money making opportunity?  Surely not .......

Even if they had the forethought to produce such a scarf, they’d have massively miscalculated the demand and it would have been out of stock within hours.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bowlegchicken said:

Willem tway to be correct that’s how you pronounce it  see you all Tomorrow ,,,,,    Angus

2 hours ago, Bowlegchicken said:

Willem tway to be correct that’s how you pronounce it  see you all Tomorrow ,,,,,    Angus

Think twee which is the dutch number for 2 if pronounced with the w sounding more like a v.  So phonetically more like tvay.

On 29/07/2024 at 09:55, Dolman Block B said:

Any idea on ticket sales for this ?

Quickly scrolling through each bloke there seems thousands still available 

I can’t be arsed to add them up 

How about the away following ? 

Got four tickets last week before leaving Australia. Taking my son, grandson and brother in law while over here on holiday. Hear for four weeks so hopefully get another game in as well.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I’ll be interested in City’s starting 11. The final warm up match indicates the line up for the first Championship match at Hull.

The game is also likely be played out over 90 minutes. With 11 players starting for each side. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

The rumour on North Street is there's also gonna be someone attempting to enforce the laws of the game called a referee. Mad stuff.

We have someone called a Referee that attempts to enforce the rules of the game every Saturday but they rarely seem to succeed mind.

For Reference:

Keith Stroud for further examples of this.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

First friendly I'm going to since Bath away before Cotterill's promotion season. Mixture of interest in the club links, good weather, nothing else on and - god help - optimism ahead of the new season. 

That optimism usually disappears after about 30 minutes of the first game 🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1