IGNORED

Willem II

4 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Have A&S police carried out a risk assessment for tomorrow?

Gas v Cardiff

City v Willem ll

EDL protest - 7pm

A recipe for significant disorder?

Don't worry they have it all under control..🤣

51 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Gas v Cardiff

City v Willem ll

EDL protest - 7pm

Perfect for them isn’t it, any trouble and people get banned before the season even starts 

not that there will be any trouble 

4 minutes ago, forbespm said:

I'm going with my son from gloucester on the train.park and ride isn't operating from temple meads,what number bus is the best to get to ashton gate? 

If you’re at TM, you’re better off getting a train to Parson St and walking down from there. Either that or 24 bus from Redcliffe Hill stops by the coopers 

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, redkev said:

That optimism usually disappears after about 30 minutes of the first game 🙈

By then my 'football torrettues' has normally already kicked in. It usually clears up by the beginning of the following May.

Edited by Sleepy1968

7 hours ago, HengroveReds said:

Bristol could be lively!

City vs Willem, Rovers vs Cardiff, Enough is Enough Protest, Stand up to Racism counter protest, Free Palestine bike ride.

IMG_2415.jpeg

Bloody hell.

City / Willem / Cardiff / Gas / EDL / Antifa and 200 pedal cycling pro-Palestine protesters all in the same area at the same time.

Reckon Heddlu will be sending a few over as well. 

This has the potential to be an evening of mass civil disorder. Stay safe everyone!

4 hours ago, forbespm said:

I'm going with my son from gloucester on the train.park and ride isn't operating from temple meads,what number bus is the best to get to ashton gate? 

The Metro bus is best it stops near the ground and runs ever 20mins.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Bloody hell.

City / Willem / Cardiff / Gas / EDL / Antifa and 200 pedal cycling pro-Palestine protesters all in the same area at the same time.

Reckon Heddlu will be sending a few over as well. 

This has the potential to be an evening of mass civil disorder. Stay safe everyone!

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, INCRED said:

Gas v Cardiff

City v Willem ll

EDL protest - 7pm

Just hope everyone stays safe tomorrow re the above. It’s a shame it has come to a point when I’m genuinely quite worried about the outcome of today in Bristol, that includes Horfield (just hope there is something shiny to distract that lot :whistle2:). 

• The title was changed to Willem II
On 10/08/2024 at 18:36, phantom said:

Decent point from their first game back in the Eredividie this afternoon 

Screenshot_20240810_173211_Flashscore.jpg

Not a very good game from our side. A bit like against City. Lots of defending and the opponent having the biggest chances (more than City had against us). But we scored the equalizer in the 82nd minute (also due to a fault of the keeper of Feyenoord) and we managed to keep it like that until the end of the match.

But really happy with this bonus point that we got.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, willem ii said:

Not a very good game from our side. A bit like against City. Lots of defending and the opponent having the biggest chances (more than City had against us). But we scored the equalizer in the 82nd minute (also due to a fault of the keeper of Feyenoord) and we managed to keep it like that until the end of the match.

But really happy with this bonus point that we got.

Did you go? De Kuip is a wonderful relic of a stadium. One of my favourites 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Did you go? De Kuip is a wonderful relic of a stadium. One of my favourites 

I think the Feyenoord stadium (called De Kuip) is the most beautiful football stadium in The Netherlands. The crowd there can be really loud there too (unfortunately most of the time only in European matches).

And when gaining one or three points at Feyenoord away it is also nice to be in the away end too!

• Like 2

Handpainted banner before the start of the Game. On the left side our coach and in the right side two of our players drawn in comic style. In the middle a text which freely translated says let’s start a fire in the premier league. A line which the coach said on the podium when we celebrated our promotion to the premier league last season.

• Like 10
  • Flames 2

26 minutes ago, willem ii said:

Yesterday we played our first home match in the Dutch Premier League. Stadium was sold out (14.500) and renovated last summer. For the first time with separated ends and turnstiles. As a result lots of supporters came in too late and they even opened the doors without control tinker in hundreds of supporters who were still waiting to get in after 15 minutes of the start of the match. 

We played against Go Ahead Eagles who have reached European football last season. We are still not on full strength (we still need around 5 players) therefore not very confident before this match. The first twenty minutes the Eagles were much better until we got a penalty and scored the 1-0. Towards the 30th minute our top player Ringo Meerveld got the ball, walked to the 16 meters line and scored a beautiful goal: 2-0. After that we dominated the match and none of the teams managed to score anymore. 

4 points out of two matches and our goal is to stay in the premier League. Normally 35 points should be sufficient to reach that goal. So, 10% of our target has already been met after two games!

Next weekend an away match against Heracles Almelo who have now 1 point out of 2 matches. 

Are Go Ahead Eagles and relation to Go Ahead Deventer?

I’m pretty sure that City played Go Ahead Deventer back in the ‘60s or ‘70s.  I used to collect City programmes and the name rings a bell as one that I had a programme from - must have been a friendly. 

1 hour ago, willem ii said:

Handpainted banner before the start of the Game. On the left side our coach and in the right side two of our players drawn in comic style. In the middle a text which freely translated says let’s start a fire in the premier league. A line which the coach said on the podium when we celebrated our promotion to the premier league last season.

As always the Tifosi lads continue to impress 👏

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Are Go Ahead Eagles and relation to Go Ahead Deventer?

I’m pretty sure that City played Go Ahead Deventer back in the ‘60s or ‘70s.  I used to collect City programmes and the name rings a bell as one that I had a programme from - must have been a friendly. 

Yeah, apparently it's the same side, we played them on Aug 8 1970, a 2-0 win, I was there 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://nos.nl/artikel/2534541-willem-ii-behoudt-ongeslagen-status-na-gelijkspel-tegen-heracles

Sunday we played an away match against Heracles Almelo. Before the match I would be happy if we got 1 point. It seems getting a but common that the first twenty minutes are for our opponent. This match was not an exception. Heracles dictated the match and tactiek end of the first half it resulted in the 1-0 for Heracles. But within a few minutes Bosch made the equalizer with a beautiful kick from a rebound after a corner from 16 metres.

The second half Heracles was slightly better, but we got some nice chances to score too. Nevertheless it stayed 1-1 until the final whistle. Really happy with the point which we could thank our new keeper for. He saved this point for us as well as he did in the equalizer against Feyenoord.

We also received good news today because our best player Meerveld has signed for an extra year until summer 2026. Another year playing for us in the premier league and then hopefully sold for a large amount. Since we do not have anyone who finances the club, we really depend on the sale of players in order to have a good yearly budget.

Next Saturday we play at home against Sparta. A difficult game, since they use to end in the left side of the table. Beside that the Kingside will have no supporters in it due to a penalty because to much pyro was lit there in our championship game. I will keep you posted. I also included a link to a short vid of our match.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

https://nos.nl/artikel/2535339-neghli-bezorgt-sparta-op-valreep-eerste-zege-en-willem-ii-eerste-verlies

Last Saturday we played at home against Sparta. This is a club who will probably end between place 5-9 in the premier league. We played against them in a pre season friendly in which they lead with 4-1 at half time. So a good squad and I would be happy if we would get 1 point. Unfortunately the Kingside (singing section) had to stay empty due to too much pyro in the championship match last season. People with a season ticket for the Kingside were not able to buy one of the remaining 1.000 tickets, but many managed to get some tickets and thus there was still quite a good atmosphere in the stadium. I guess certain parts of the stadium haven’t been so loud since many, many years…

As usual the first 15 minutes were for our opponent, but the next half hour we outplayed Sparta and created several chances to score. A lot of chances, but none were successful. In the second half Sparta was the better team and after 4 minutes they scored the 0-1.  Sparta got some chances and a goal of them was disallowed due to offside. And then in the 83 minute we managed to score the 1-1. Would we get that 1 point which we hoped for? Unfortunately not since Sparta managed to score a nice goal in the 89nd minute of the match and thus took the three points with them to Rotterdam. As a result we are not undefeated anymore. 

Of course we were disappointed, but on the other side really happy with the manner in which we played against a good team. We have made progress and if we follow this line I am confident that we will stay in the premier league.

Next weekend no match of Willem II. The weekend after that we play against RKC Waalwijk. A club 15 Miles from Tilburg, and probably one of the clubs that might relegate. Therefore an important match and if we gain three points then we make a great step stay in the premier league.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, willem ii said:

https://nos.nl/artikel/2535339-neghli-bezorgt-sparta-op-valreep-eerste-zege-en-willem-ii-eerste-verlies

Last Saturday we played at home against Sparta. This is a club who will probably end between place 5-9 in the premier league. We played against them in a pre season friendly in which they lead with 4-1 at half time. So a good squad and I would be happy if we would get 1 point. Unfortunately the Kingside (singing section) had to stay empty due to too much pyro in the championship match last season. People with a season ticket for the Kingside were not able to buy one of the remaining 1.000 tickets, but many managed to get some tickets and thus there was still quite a good atmosphere in the stadium. I guess certain parts of the stadium haven’t been so loud since many, many years…

As usual the first 15 minutes were for our opponent, but the next half hour we outplayed Sparta and created several chances to score. A lot of chances, but none were successful. In the second half Sparta was the better team and after 4 minutes they scored the 0-1.  Sparta got some chances and a goal of them was disallowed due to offside. And then in the 83 minute we managed to score the 1-1. Would we get that 1 point which we hoped for? Unfortunately not since Sparta managed to score a nice goal in the 89nd minute of the match and thus took the three points with them to Rotterdam. As a result we are not undefeated anymore. 

Of course we were disappointed, but on the other side really happy with the manner in which we played against a good team. We have made progress and if we follow this line I am confident that we will stay in the premier league.

Next weekend no match of Willem II. The weekend after that we play against RKC Waalwijk. A club 15 Miles from Tilburg, and probably one of the clubs that might relegate. Therefore an important match and if we gain three points then we make a great step stay in the premier league.

How is the rivalry with Waalwijk? Very similar distance away as your the enemy NAC I can see 

18 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

How is the rivalry with Waalwijk? Very similar distance away as your the enemy NAC I can see 

With distance you are right. In their view we are their biggest “enemy”. We couldn’t care less. Our rival is NAC Breda and we laugh at RKC with their rivalry against us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, willem ii said:

With distance you are right. In their view we are their biggest “enemy”. We couldn’t care less. Our rival is NAC Breda and we laugh at RKC with their rivalry against us.

Sounds like Swindon for us 

• Like 3

https://nos.nl/artikel/2537228-willem-ii-zet-succesvolle-rentree-in-eredivisie-voort-thuiszege-op-rkc

Yesterday we played at home against RKC Waalwijk. A club 20 kilometers from our city, but in our view not a real derby with rivalry (from their point of view it surely is). RKC did not have a good start of this season with 0 points out of 4 matches. But with the interland weekend in between we were not sure what to expect.

For a chance we started the match quite well. After 6 minutes a player of our team got a body check in the 16 meters area which even ice hockey players would be proud of. Still wondering why this body check was not awarded with a yellow card, but at least we got a penalty which was scored by our number 9. 1-0 up. RKC was not playing very good (they played awefull) but Willem II didn’t push to hard to score a second goal. It lasted until the 30th minute when our top player Meerveld made a great solo and scored a beautiful goal (just watch the video added in this message). We had some good opportunities to score the 3-0 before half time, but were not able to score.

RKC started the second half with three new players and tried to get the initiative back, but 5 minutes into the second half we scored a lucky goal which resulted in the 3-0. Quite a luxury to be in front with such a score in the premier league. Willem II was happy with the score and thus ended the match in a 3-0 win.

We have now 8 points out of 5 matches (almost 25% of the points we need to stay in the premier league). But this means that we are currently 5th in the premier league! Of course there are some clubs who have played less than 5 matches, but still quite happy with the position we are in now. It is probably also necessary since the next two matches will be difficult against two teams without a loss this season. Next weekend an away match against FC Utrecht and the weekend after that a home game against PSV Eindhoven. Hoping for a “bonus” point against those teams like we did earlier this season against Feyenoord. Fingers crossed…

BTW still hoping for a pre season return match against Bristol City next summer! 

• Like 1