IGNORED

Luke McNally : Officially signed (4 year deal)

INCRED

5 minutes ago, Hocca said:

Loan according to Pete O’Rourke. I’m sure we’ll have some sort of option on him.

I thought it was gonna be perm, unless something changed late on?

edit: Piercy v O’Rourke showdown!

Edited by Davefevs

10 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I’m pretty sure that was the Major.

As @Major Isewater has now confirmed - in his inimical manner 😉.

apologies to major,used to amuse me every game for the last ten minutes. also apologies to tone,fancy me thinking he was manufacturing squeaky bum oil in his retirement

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I thought it was gonna be perm, unless something changed late on?

edit: Piercy v O’Rourke showdown!

Piercy now confirming in a comment he still thinks it’s a permanent 

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Loan with Obligation or is it simply Loan vs Permanent?

This could be the nuance to it because loan with obligation with no conditions is basically a permanent anyway and o’rouke could still be right

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

I also said he was at the HPC yesterday, as has been reported, but some people naming no names still thought I was chatting out my arse

No disrespect & I get you’re just passing on info . You did say though it was a done deal even though he had just played a full 90 for Burnley during the week . There’s no chance it was done to come to us & then he played for Burnley . Plus you said twine was done about 20 times 😂 . Thanks for passing on what you hear though 

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No disrespect & I get you’re just passing on info . You did say though it was a done deal even though he had just played a full 90 for Burnley during the week . There’s no chance it was done to come to us & then he played for Burnley . Plus you said twine was done about 20 times 😂 . Thanks for passing on what you hear though 

I do find it strange that he played on Wednesday - but he was definitely at the HPC yesterday and the deal was concluded (even if the ink wasn't dry until today!)  :)

16 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

The issues are with the transfer window lingo we use! 😆

I always look at it as more like:

1. deal agreed with player and clubs
  2. time lag, medicals, etc - anything can go wrong between 1. and 3, inc player playing for his club (!)
  3. done deal, everything signed
  4. Announced

I believe 1. was done at least as early as early Tuesday evening.

So when people say “it’s done” inc our own TD (who now seems to have reined himself in on this thankfully), it’s probably at 1. - at best. 😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Burnley journalist saying perm - 4 year deal. Think he’s coming in to replace Naismith when his contract runs out at the the end of the season. 

Yep

Screenshot2024-08-30at10_42_39.png.5cdc755d462d4956555a4c8f366343af.png

And if you doubted that one , well .....

Screenshot2024-08-30at10_43_14.png.4ddebce704724dabc49f2ef6967fa7f9.png

• Haha 6
  • Facepalm 1

46 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Did you mean to say Twinety times?

18 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Burnley journalist saying perm - 4 year deal. Think he’s coming in to replace Naismith when his contract runs out at the the end of the season. 

And a year after that, Knight-Lebel has developed enough for Vyner to be sold = in 2 years time, our CBs are McNally, Dickie, Atkinson, Knight-Lebel (Tanner/Roberts emergency cover. Araoye/Campbell-Slowey champing at the bit, muttering "pathway, pathway").

In theory. Injuries permitting and with a fair wind.

Which means it'll never happen.  

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, westonred said:

Ron Walker

@ronnabe

·

3m

Luke McNally’s move to #BristolCity from Burnley is not a loan - understand will sign a four-year deal. #twitterclarets

Four years!!!?

That’s a pretty long sentence.

Quite a long (neck) stretch.

Max will help him do his Bird.

Don’t do the crime if you don’t want to serve Twine.

I hope he gets more than just a Lukewarm welcome.

Welcome Luke McNally. Glad we got you. Now get out there, show us what you’ve got and, for God’s sake don’t get injured!

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

• The title was changed to Luke McNally : Officially signed (2 year deal)

Easily into 8 figure spending this window I think, closer to 15 if you include Max Bird. Didn’t think we’d take this big of a swing tbh. 

Obviously recouping some of it with the Conway deal but a big summer either way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedM said:

4 years, hands up I didn't expect that. They took a hell of a gamble by playing him then!

Unless there was an agreement between both clubs that McNally got minutes before being in the squad for Saturday?

Maybe not, but from the outside it looks a weird move to play him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bcfc24 said:

It’s 1.75 million 

Fair play I thought Ron W said £3m? EDIT looks like I’ve maybe mixed up 3 minutes with 3mill.  My cock up. As you were! 

Edited by lenred

5 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Easily into 8 figure spending this window I think, closer to 15 if you include Max Bird. Didn’t think we’d take this big of a swing tbh. 

Obviously recouping some of it with the Conway deal but a big summer either way. 

Blimey…15 figures??

That’s up there with Chelsea…unless we put a full stop in? 

Edited by redsontour
  • Haha 5

So with the signings & spending, surely this now makes it a season from "improve from last year" to "play-offs is the expectation"? For me, anything lower than 8th has to be classed as unsuccessful - before the Twine signing  would of said 12th-9th is reasonable, but has to be an aim for top 6 now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Unless there was an agreement between both clubs that McNally got minutes before being in the squad for Saturday?

Maybe not, but from the outside it looks a weird move to play him.

Good point. Could well be as we do need him with the Dickie situation. But just as important he hasn't had much time with his teammates though.

• The title was changed to Luke McNally : Officially signed (4 year deal)
1 minute ago, Selred said:

And how many ex Oxford? 5?

We are to Oxford like Bournemouth are to us, with the exception none of our managers have ever managed Bournemouth. Add in the Burnley links too and it's getting a bit incestuous 😀

3 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Nige and Gould paved the way for this summer of spending, a good time to remember their great work as we support the new manager

💯

good video here by Second Tier Podcast suggesting this, also:

• Thanks 2

Can't be bothered to read the earlier comments in this thread but I'll fill you all in about what I know……...

I've been told (won't reveal by who) that the McNally deal is definitely going to happen.  I'm told it's a permanent signing with a contract offered of around 4 years. 

Sorry I can't reveal the source of my information but I'm feeling really pleased to finally be ITK on matters BCFC.  You're welcome!

• Haha 9

19 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

For Christ's sake! Don't let him stand in the middle of the road - we've got enough injuries already...

Probably better for him to train on Palmyra Road than on the HPC with it's injury record mind!

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

We are to Oxford like Bournemouth are to us, with the exception none of our managers have ever managed Bournemouth. Add in the Burnley links too and it's getting a bit incestuous 😀

Sean O'Driscoll managed Bournemouth. 

9 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Nige and Gould paved the way for this summer of spending, a good time to remember their great work as we support the new manager

@Fjmcity why the laughing emoji at tammy’s post . If you can’t see what he’s said is true , then you’ve either been in a coma for 4 years or have no grasp as to what’s been happening at the club. Pearson & Gould have 100% laid the foundations for this summers rebuild . 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 3