IGNORED

Luke McNally : Officially signed (4 year deal)

INCRED

Blimey Manning really has been backed he’s almost been bought a new team.

Let’s hope he can be a success. 

If we end up round mid table again it must be classed as a failure. 

He was meant to have been brought in to improve what we had. Hope our squad isn’t too big now and Manning has the skill set to keep everybody both motivated and happy

Edited by Red Army 79
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Has anyone noticed that we've signed a really good player or is every bloody thing about a previous manager who did a great job but got sacked for going as far as he was able to?

Luke McNally- welcome to BCFC . Welcome to New Ireland -by- the- gert Severn Beach.

It seems no thread is allowed to be about it's topic at the moment unless at some point it eulogises about the late, great Nigel.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, Red Army 79 said:

Blimey Manning really has been backed he’s almost been bought a new team.

Let’s hope he can be a success. 

If we end up round mid table again it must be classed as a failure. 

He was meant to have been brought in to improve what we had. Hope our squad isn’t too big now and Manning has the skill set to keep everybody both motivated and happy

And if we fall at the first hurdle in the play-offs that will be classed as a success? Is reaching the play offs somehow transformative without promotion? Was Danny Wilson a success- he got us to the play off final final after all.

surely- success is promotion or a Cup, average season is mid table and failure is relegation particularly for a Manager in his first full season?

So our net spend this summer (after sales) is approx £2-3m. This can hardly be described as ground breaking and there's a massive step between us and those clubs who have parachute payments and will easily buy one player for the cost of our squad. L1 Birmingham have just spent £15 million on one player.

What is your definition of a successful season if failing to be top 6 is a failure?

• Hmmm 1

52 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

And if we fall at the first hurdle in the play-offs that will be classed as a success? Is reaching the play offs somehow transformative without promotion? Was Danny Wilson a success- he got us to the play off final final after all.

surely- success is promotion or a Cup, average season is mid table and failure is relegation particularly for a Manager in his first full season?

So our net spend this summer (after sales) is approx £2-3m. This can hardly be described as ground breaking and there's a massive step between us and those clubs who have parachute payments and will easily buy one player for the cost of our squad. L1 Birmingham have just spent £15 million on one player.

What is your definition of a successful season if failing to be top 6 is a failure?

Success would be progression. If we lose in the play offs I see that as progression as we haven’t made it to the Championship play offs for 16 years we would have competed with the top teams in the league. 

If our team has to be ripped apart again at the end of the season due to us not competing or progressing on last season and having to get rid of an oversized squad having to trim the salary budget this would be a failure.

I was more than happy with Wilson I enjoyed his style of play we were competitive.  

Manning has been given the tools he required and now he needs to prove he is up to the role. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

This is the biggest load of nonsense I think I've read in years!  What does that even mean? The games changed too much for Pearson to change along with it, and good managers adapt. That's the biggest load of agest shite I think I've read. There are a load of teams in that list that are yoyo teams that have a propensity to appoint young managers.

Only ageist if you make it so, and don’t deal on stats and facts. Can agree he was abit old school though wasnt he? There has to be a correlation between progressive (younger) managers getting teams out of the league in the last 5 years surely? Parachute clubs or not is irrelevant (and suggests we might as well stop trying given the high percentage of them in that list)

Championship has evolved to be one of the most technical in Europe. We didn’t exactly fight off other clubs to land him did we and id be shocked if he got another job in the championship - unless it’s someone in a similar position to where we were. He’s going to be a firefighting manager now, if he is even going to manage again at all.

Edited by Fjmcity

3 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Bit old school though wasnt he? There has to be a correlation between progressive (younger) managers getting teams out of the league in the last 5 years surely? Parachute clubs or not is irrelevant (and suggests we might as well stop trying given the high percentage of them in that list)

Championship has evolved to be one of the most technical in Europe. We didn’t exactly fight off other clubs to land him did we and id be shocked if he got another job in the championship - unless it’s someone in a similar position to where we were. He’s going to be a firefighting manager now, if he is even going to manage again at all.

I'd be surprised if he took another job tbh, I think from all accounts he's essentially retired now.

It think if you look at the players he's sold on after developing them with the first team, it answers your question, if you're making products that are consumed in the premier league then you're doing something right.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of discipline either.

Edited by Lorenzos Only Goal
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I'd be surprised if he took another job tbh, I think from all accounts he's essentially retired now.

It think if you look at the players he's sold on after developing them with the first team, it answers your question, if you're making products that are consumed in the premier league then you're doing something right.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of discipline either.

Agreed agreed and agreed. Wasn’t going to get us promoted though. 

Edited by Fjmcity

There are a lot of rich but football thick sheep club owners, a new breed.

"I'll appoint a new manager and he's young because they do it and they do it on and he coached at a certain club".

It's laughable. Scott Parker really irks me. I'm not saying they are all poor managers in the above list even it Parachure clubs but..

A) It helps a great deal. It isn't offen a true reflection.

B) NP was tactically and technically flexible if you look at his time here. He was pro a 4-3-3 from early but wasn't convinced we has the right personnel and squad blend until January 2023.

4 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Agreed agreed and agreed. Wasn’t going to get us promoted though. 

How do you know that though. How do any of us know.

For a start, 2/3 clubs over a given Period who have got Promoted are Parachute clubs. The odds are diminishingly rare if you aren't.

Brentford had a great unique model, Ipswich hit the magic in a bottle 1/20 type season, Nottingham Forest spent quite a lot in that Cooper season and possibly failed FFP that year with retrospective analysis.

Luton did a wonderful job, however readjusting as favourites could pose an issue. I actually think they got up just in time as the squad would've started to break up then IMO.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous