IGNORED

Luke McNally : Officially signed (4 year deal)

INCRED

21 minutes ago, MythikRobins said:

Isn't it where they were trained which is important not what national team they play for? McNally came through in Ireland so he isn't homegrown however Max and Zak came through here so they still count as home-grown I'm sure.

Correct. If they've spent at least 3 seasons with an English club up to the age of 21, they're classed as homegrown, regardless of where they were born or what country they represent.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I would suggest all of the talk of TC has rather allowed approaches for other players to slip under the radar a bit. 

I can’t help thinking we will likely have a thread about another outgoing before to long!

Agreed, people seem to judge each transfer in strict isolation. Why do we need another centre half? One poster stating “as absolute fact” that we don’t without knowing what else might be occurring. There is a bigger picture to consider.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

The best teams in the division have depth in every area. McNally would certainly improve us, in an area where we have been hit with injuries in recent times.

Really liked him during his loan spell at Coventry, where he seemed very comfortable with the ball at his feet. 

To get both him and Twine, in exchange for Conway, seems almost too good a deal. 

Would you say we have quality depth in the CF region???? 🤔 I would like to see another striker come in. You can never have too many quality strikers 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Redshorts said:

Would you say we have quality depth in the CF region???? 🤔 I would like to see another striker come in. You can never have too many quality strikers 

The age profile range makes me wonder a bit.

21 and 22..34.

Perhaps it'll be fine but a prime years striker or someone like Stansfield (okay I'm dreaming) would boost matters IMO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Redshorts said:

IMO, yes you can, as you can't play them all. Hence, you end up wasting money (potentially a lot of money) on a player who will be sat on the bench, rather than addressing other weaknesses in your starting XI.

Given the number of strikers at the club, the fact we've signed 2 this window, and the fact the we generally seem to play with 1 striker, I'd be surprised if we were to buy another this summer.

That being said, I think the concerns around the rawness of Mayulu and Armstrong are very reasonable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, City Slicker said:

I'm really concerned about how raw our strikers are. I'm worried (I hope to god I'm wrong) that Fally is way off it at the moment and Armstrong isn't the finished article. 

This has been a query of mine all summer.

Both early 20s, in the case of Fally a new League and counter, in the case of Sinclair- perhaps Goals and Assists looking at him last year but he has just turned 21 as well..and his Championship record he has a lot of potential but a lot to prove. See also Fally for different reasons.

33 minutes ago, City Slicker said:

And me. I really rate Roberts. I actually rate him above Pring. 

Roberts is a class act. He plays better as a LCB rather than a LWB or LB [where he's more than adequate]. He's got a bit of the "Rob Edwards" syndrome for me. A really good footballer who can play in a number of positions & because of his stature, gets overlooked for his best position, LCB.

Its a real shame he's injured and missed some of the pre season as he would be first choice in the LCB position for me with Dickie central & A.N.Other take your pick for the RCB side.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The one spanner in the works is Tommy saying “no way am I going to Middlesbrough”. That weakens our position significantly then.

That was 1 of the reasons I was for putting him the U21s, it sends a message we will not except him running down his contract and putting himself in the shop window at the same time for a year. No ambitious player at his stage of his career could chance u21s for a season, so whilst team B or C may not be preference if that's the only bid we accept he has no real choice

Just now, sh1t_ref_again said:

That was 1 of the reasons I was for putting him the U21s, it sends a message we will not except him running down his contract and putting himself in the shop window at the same time for a year. No ambitious player at his stage of his career could chance u21s for a season, so whilst team B or C may not be preference if that's the only bid we accept he has no real choice

Yes, a Year in the U21s training would do his development no good- he is just 22, he isn't the finished article and fit or otherwise how much match fitness and sharpness do you lose if exiled in that way.

It could easily be lose-lose if it drags beyond August.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I suppose it's a game of chicken.

City can say to Conway "You can't risk being stuck in the U21's for a year"

Conway can say to City "You can't risk missing out on up to £5m"

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Redshorts said:

I would like to see one more arrive. I think we have bought very well for the future in the forward positions, but potentially leave ourselves abit short of goals for the here and now. 

Trying to find a CF in that mould, for a sensible fee is a tough task however. 

With that said, Armstrong has really impressed me. If we can get it to click early-on, he could tick every box. 

I think we are very well stocked in all other areas of the pitch. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Its a fair point, now we have significant values coming out, before most on here were say we would be lucky to get 1.5m for him

6 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Given the stage we appear to be at with this now there should only be a problem if Tommy thinks he can do better than BOTH Burnley and Middlesbrough.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Its a fair point, now we have significant values coming out, before most on here were say we would be lucky to get 1.5m for him

Regardless of the valuation put on him by the club a total deal of £5m seems about spot on to me. He simply hasn't done enough for clubs to pay more than that imo. If the club and any fans on here think he's really worth £8m plus, as of today, then I think they are wrong. Regardless whether you agree or disagree with the treatment of the player and the reasoning behind it, how much do people think we have lost if we do a £5m total deal? I don't think it's that much unless you work on the assumption that we should have inserted a +1 into his deal and he was guaranteed to have a good season for us.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Regardless of the valuation put on him by the club a total deal of £5m seems about spot on to me. He simply hasn't done enough for clubs to pay more than that imo. If the club and any fans on here think he's really worth £8m plus, as of today, then I think they are wrong. Regardless whether you agree or disagree with the treatment of the player and the reasoning behind it, how much do people think we have lost if we do a £5m total deal? I don't think it's that much unless you work on the assumption that we should have inserted a +1 into his deal and he was guaranteed to have a good season for us.

One big problem that I have is the level of transfer fees which is all over the place at the moment. True market values are almost impossible to measure. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

caveat being that with a 21 year old forward two seasons into his pro career you're not just buying "as of today", you're also investing in the future potential. You could probably say that Alex Scott wasn't a £25m player, but he will be a £50m player if he reaches his potential (Maybe more) therefore £25m is potentially a good fee. 

Contract and player happiness also factored in. 

I'm with you in a way, though. I'm gutted we're losing a player who could have been worth a shed load for a relative pittance but the situation we are in is the situation we are in. Now we need to make best of where we are and getting Twine and McNally improves our overall squad. So we take the positives and hope that Twine is a difference maker and McNally forms part of our defence for half a decade at least.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

As players today are more versatile as to the positions they can play, my guess is Manning does know what he is doing and sees any new players not just bolstering a position, but releasing others already here to change positions, Manning having seen them in training over an extended period.

.... who cannot but be cheered, in these deeply troubled times, by this blast of summery cheerfulness and optimism. Good on you Ivorguy. Here's to this happy state of affairs/mind lasting at least until the August Bank holiday, or maybe even September? If that’s not stretching the optimism a little too far ....

This scattergun approach to our transfer business is almost Ashton-esque. We must surely need to offload, the squad seems bloated. Why would we need 5 first team quality CB's which doesn't include Tanner and Roberts who are both more than decent there, even Pring and Mccrorie can fill a gap there. 

Even if it's a back 3, signing a winger (Yu) doesn't really make any sense to playing 3 at the back. This lack of shape or cohesion is a growing concern to me. Very confusing.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Correct. If they've spent at least 3 seasons with an English club up to the age of 21, they're classed as homegrown, regardless of where they were born or what country they represent.

Indeed, that is my understanding of the rule.

In fact, and I may have ‘misremembered’ this, wasn’t Han-Noah Massengo classed as a ‘Home Grown’ player, hence his attraction to Burnley?

As an aside, one of my early memories of watching Burnley was their centre forward, Andy Lockhead.

What a contrast in hairstyles between AL and H-NM 😂.

Yes, I have seen that H-NM changed his hairstyle recently.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

7 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

This scattergun approach to our transfer business is almost Ashton-esque. We must surely need to offload, the squad seems bloated. Why would we need 5 first team quality CB's which doesn't include Tanner and Roberts who are both more than decent there, even Pring and Mccrorie can fill a gap there. 

Even if it's a back 3, signing a winger (Yu) doesn't really make any sense to playing 3 at the back. This lack of shape or cohesion is a growing concern to me. Very confusing.

The squad has needed beefing up for years, it's definitely not bloated imo. Agree the signing of a winger is a bit off-piste, but it'll be about giving us options, alternative ways to problem solve. I wouldn't be worried 👍

• Like 7

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

The squad has needed beefing up for years, it's definitely not bloated imo. Agree the signing of a winger is a bit off-piste, but it'll be about giving us options, alternative ways to problem solve. I wouldn't be worried 👍

That post was like a Hot Chocolate on a winters day, cheers for that, I am reassured!

I must admit, Yu is the one I cant wait to see play, I just hope Manning doesnt over complicate us tactically.

• Like 2

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Couldn't Conway wreck all of these plans and carry on 'seeing his contract out' to get his move to Glasgow? 

He could..but no football for a year can damage development especially as he is in his early 20s, and to wait it out would be a very risky strategy on his part. IMO anyway.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He could..but no football for a year can damage development especially as he is in his early 20s, and to wait it out would be a very risky strategy on his part. IMO anyway.

I totally agree Mr P, purely hypothetical on my part.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

That post was like a Hot Chocolate on a winters day, cheers for that, I am reassured!

I must admit, Yu is the one I cant wait to see play, I just hope Manning doesnt over complicate us tactically.

Just to take the wind back out of your sails….. this has a nasty whiff of “clubs in the bag” about it. 
loads of wingers and centre halves, one number 10/messiah (assuming he signs) and no out-and-out proven goalscorer (assuming Wells doesn’t have 46 games in him). 
But… we could be a decent all round outfit and push on a bit, I hope! We shall see…. soon! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

See I do agree with you here.  He was never as low a value of £1.5m.  City did have an English FA Compo “ace” up their sleeve, even if there was a Scottish compo “joker” in the pack somewhere.

As I’ve always insisted I saw his current value around £3m transfer fee (no feel for add-on / sell-on) because of the circumstances.  Which was far less than club wanted a couple of weeks ago.  Boro and now Burnley have confirmed that it was unrealistic.

Under the circumstances we look to be getting an amount in the region of what I thought.  It’s still disappointing in the grand scheme, but it hopefully means everyone moves on.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed, that is my understanding of the rule.

In fact, and I may have ‘misremembered’ this, wasn’t Han-Noah Massengo classed as a ‘Home Grown’ player, hence his attraction to Burnley?

As an aside, one of my early memories of watching Burnley was their centre forward, Andy Lockhead.

What a contrast in hairstyles between AL and H-NM 😂.

Yes, I have seen that H-NM changed his hairstyle recently.

Han was classed as “club developed” at City after 1 year and you have to have one in your match day squad.  But you are also correct re the home-grown bit too.

Han’s braids are no more, wedding / honeymoon “trim” only.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Puckle_red said:

From the outset, reinforced by Tommy going/gone, it was a top-drawer striker that we needed. With the returnees we looked strong at the back, decent in midfield, but poor upfront. 

To use a supermarket analogy, we needed to purchase someone upfront from Waitrose, not a couple from the middle isle of Lidl…. and, seemingly, now we keep topping up our shopping basket collecting more players in playing units that are already well populated. Is Manning, LJ in disguise? 

4 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I really don’t understand what our strategy is here, are we really needing another CB on a decent wage? Are we just collecting players for the sake of it? We want wingers one minute, then we want potentially another right winger, then a CB who best plays in a back 3 which likely neglects wingers…..I honesty am not convinced Tinnion and Manning have a plan here! Feels like championship manager. Hope I’m wrong but feels like the LJ and Ashton era is repeating itself after Nige brought some stability and sensible management. 

get your cv in early mate, you can see how this is panning out👍:clapping:

4 minutes ago, RedRock said:

From the outset, reinforced by Tommy going/gone, it was a top-drawer striker that we needed. With the returnees we looked strong at the back, decent in midfield, but poor upfront. 

To use a supermarket analogy, we needed to purchase someone upfront from Waitrose, not a couple from the middle isle of Lidl…. and, seemingly, now we keep topping up our shopping basket collecting more players in playing units that are already well populated. Is Manning, LJ in disguise? 

I really think we are going to enjoy Armstrong as a CF. No idea on Mayulu yet, can't figure him out at all. But I do disagree re: collecting players; Nige wanted another Right footed CB with the same defenders we have now. McNally takes us to 6 actual CB's; two for each role in a 3. (Rcb: Vyner & McNally, CB: Dickie & Atkinson and LCB: Naismith and Roberts). We can also play a narrow back 4 when we need to. I'm happy with an additional CB. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Here is my hope (was) fwiw.

7, 9, 10 as stated. TC going makes that 2 strikers.

However one of these 2 strikers needed to be a bit more here and now. Either that or you sign a 3rd striker who is more here and now to add to the two younger ones who may take time to develop.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Here is my hope (was) fwiw.

7, 9, 10 as stated. TC going makes that 2 strikers.

However one of these 2 strikers needed to be a bit more here and now. Either that or you sign a 3rd striker who is more here and now to add to the two younger ones who may take time to develop.

Armstrong is gonna be brilliant. Might not bang in 20 goals, but he's going to help us put the opposition on the back foot often. 

• Hmmm 1
  • Robin 1

11 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Thing is though, players at the top end of the pitch cost far more & we simply don’t pay those sums any more.

There’s a reason why we have ended up with Mayulu & Armstrong, people can keep suggesting strikers on here but most will be out of our price range & others we can afford (like Kulenovic) don’t want to join us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I hope so too.

Not expecting 20 Goals but he has been compared to Semenyo so that would be great.

He's going to have a lot of subtle influences on our play, much like Ivan Sproule did under GJ. Opposition defences will sit off 10 yards just out of fear. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Thing is though, players at the top end of the pitch cost far more & we simply don’t pay those sums any more.

There’s a reason why we have ended up with Mayulu & Armstrong, people can keep suggesting strikers on here but most will be out of our price range & others we can afford (like Kulenovic) don’t want to join us.

So we adopt a strategy of buying in loads of ‘cheap’ players rather than one of quality that will make a difference and turn us from a mediocre mid-table side to one that can put a challenge in. We’ve been here several times before and then have to get a ‘Nige’ in to sort out the bloated squad with disaffected, marginalised players. 

Our Academy is producing several players that can populate the defence and midfield and the wings. We might have a couple of central strikers out on loan but neither, realistically, is ready to lead the line this and quite possibly next season. 

I find it all a bit baffling tbh. Anyhows, here’s to us being the league’s top scorers come next May. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

True. Unfortunately for us, lads from ex-Eastern Bloc countries like Kulenovic know as much about Bristol City as I do about Locomotiv Moscow (I await the forum expert who knows the Club of the October Revolution story back to front)..........may have heard our name in passing and that's literally it.

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

True. Unfortunately for us, lads from ex-Eastern Bloc countries like Kulenovic know as much about Bristol City as I do about Locomotiv Moscow (I await the forum expert who knows the Club of the October Revolution story back to front)..........may have heard our name in passing and that's literally it.

Zan Celar to QPR for £2-2.5m could be a shrewd acquisition- prime age, lots of goals Swiss League- but does the London factor help there I wonder.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Zan Celar to QPR for £2-2.5m coild be a shrewd acquisition- prime age, lots of goals Swiss League- but does the London factor help there I wonder.

You've might have hit the nail on the head there.......for some foreign lads England = London.

• Like 2

Just now, Numero Uno said:

You've might have hit the nail on the head there.......for some foreign lads England = London.

Yeah advantage I reckon. Flemming to Millwall I was surprised cost only £1.7m- absolute bargain. Again London albeit a perceived less salubrious part.

3 hours ago, City Slicker said:

And me. I really rate Roberts. I actually rate him above Pring. 

I remember a recently departing member having the same opinion 👀

As I said to them before, they are different players who do different jobs. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedRock said:

So we adopt a strategy of buying in loads of ‘cheap’ players rather than one of quality that will make a difference and turn us from a mediocre mid-table side to one that can put a challenge in. We’ve been here several times before and then have to get a ‘Nige’ in to sort out the bloated squad with disaffected, marginalised players. 

Our Academy is producing several players that can populate the defence and midfield and the wings. We might have a couple of central strikers out on loan but neither, realistically, is ready to lead the line this and quite possibly next season. 

I find it all a bit baffling tbh. Anyhows, here’s to us being the league’s top scorers come next May. 

Not really baffling, the “one of quality” will want wages of more than £20k a week, we won’t pay that.

I have plenty of criticism of Jon Lansdown but his comment about needing to look in different markets to others was spot on, we will always be outbid by a parachute payment club or the likes of Middlesbrough, picking up players from the Austrian league or Japan is the way forward for us.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not really baffling, the “one of quality” will want wages of more than £20k a week, we won’t pay that.

I have plenty of criticism of Jon Lansdown but his comment about needing to look in different markets to others was spot on, we will always be outbid by a parachute payment club or the likes of Middlesbrough, picking up players from the Austrian league or Japan is the way forward for us.

Boro already beat us to that market 🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, David Brent said:

I remember a recently departing member having the same opinion 👀

As I said to them before, they are different players who do different jobs. 

I am surprised that no one seems to mention Pring as being a potential target, he seems an ideal player for lower level prem clubs. 

• Like 2

Just now, Port Said Red said:

I am surprised that no one seems to mention Pring as being a potential target, he seems an ideal player for lower level prem clubs. 

Think his groin / hernia-injury held him back second half of the season, and possibly clubs are hanging fire.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think his groin / hernia-injury held him back second half of the season, and possibly clubs are hanging fire.

Yes, that makes sense although he doesn't appear to have any hangover from that. If he hits the ground running in August we might see something happening, maybe the club are thinking that too?

It might also be why they seemed to take a long look at both Morrisson and Campbell-Slowey this pre season.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That’s fine, although I suspect the salary costs of 3-4 English punts combined would equate to around that figure. However, that ‘other markets’ strategy relies on a scouting network that identifies top talent. I stand to be corrected, but was not our scouting network dismantled after Mervyn Day left? Indeed, have we ever had a foreign one?

11 minutes ago, RedRock said:

That’s fine, although I suspect the salary costs of 3-4 English punts combined would equate to around that figure. However, that ‘other markets’ strategy relies on a scouting network that identifies top talent. I stand to be corrected, but was not our scouting network dismantled after Mervyn Day left? Indeed, have we ever had a foreign one?

To be fair if we spent the combined wages for Fally and Sinclair (£5m & £30k a week maybe?) on one stand out striker who then doesn't adapt, or gets injured you'd be straight on here moaning about a lack of squad depth!

I'm much happier that we've bought two younger physical players who can cause a nuisance, some pace, put it about a bit rather than looking to the bench and seeing Cornick warming up.

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe but he may also see Burnley as the best route to the PL.

Which leaves this deal which is of an unclear structure.

Out of Boro & Burnley I would think the latter would be his preferred option and for City getting 2 players in return wouldn’t be a bad deal 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BobBobBobbin said:

caveat being that with a 21 year old forward two seasons into his pro career you're not just buying "as of today", you're also investing in the future potential. You could probably say that Alex Scott wasn't a £25m player, but he will be a £50m player if he reaches his potential (Maybe more) therefore £25m is potentially a good fee. 

Contract and player happiness also factored in. 

I'm with you in a way, though. I'm gutted we're losing a player who could have been worth a shed load for a relative pittance but the situation we are in is the situation we are in. Now we need to make best of where we are and getting Twine and McNally improves our overall squad. So we take the positives and hope that Twine is a difference maker and McNally forms part of our defence for half a decade at least.

There is nothing stopping the club adding a sell on fee to any deal for Conway just in case he does develop further and is sold on for a decent fee

2 minutes ago, INCRED said:

There is nothing stopping the club adding a sell on fee to any deal for Conway just in case he does develop further and is sold on for a decent fee

well, there is something stopping it... the buying club have to agree!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

They don't get him, then .

This of course is the salient point.

It will be lose-lose but we don't have to sell for FFP unlike Semenyo for sure, and as such if we do choose we could make him taking commerce out of it play in the U21s or train with them until next Summer.

Now that would be a crazy decision commercially and I can't support it in general, on balance but it is ballsy..it is a statement.

8 hours ago, INCRED said:

Yeah, quite possible that LM wants something different to Naismith who appears to be a liability regards availability albeit a good player 

Didn’t see it coming but if there is a swap deal for Conway to bring in both of these players from Burnley then it makes sense

Naismith is way better in a more advanced role. His range of passing is spot on. He's made lots of mistakes at centreback, and he's had a very all-over-the-place career playing in many roles; I don't know why we see him first as a centreback.  

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Puckle_red said:

Why don’t you just wait & see what the squad looks like when window closes, how we set up & how we perform before wetting yourself about transfer strategies.

• Like 3

If McNally is a target, that’s seven who can do a decent job at centre-back (him, Dickie, Vyner, Roberts, Atkinson Tanner, Pring). Surely, one of those has to be on their way.

Also, if we want to play with a back three why not go for a specialist wing-back who can play on either side? That’d provide back up for Pring and McCrorie, who I’m not sold on. 

It feels to me that we are going down the clubs-in-the-bag route well trodden by LJ and MA. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, tin said:

If McNally is a target, that’s seven who can do a decent job at centre-back (him, Dickie, Vyner, Roberts, Atkinson Tanner, Pring). Surely, one of those has to be on their way.

Also, if we want to play with a back three why not go for a specialist wing-back who can play on either side? That’d provide back up for Pring and McCrorie, who I’m not sold on. 

It feels to me that we are going down the clubs-in-the-bag route well trodden by LJ and MA. 

That’s my concern too, unless someone is leaving eg Naismith.  

1 hour ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Naismith is way better in a more advanced role. His range of passing is spot on. He's made lots of mistakes at centreback, and he's had a very all-over-the-place career playing in many roles; I don't know why we see him first as a centreback.  

Not having a dig, but surely Nige brought him in as a centre back? (on very decent wages).

3 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

That’s my concern too, unless someone is leaving eg Naismith.  

Don’t necessarily think this is the case - need to be mindful that Naismith and Atkinson have both been out long-term and so probably need to be eased back in.

Whilst the likes of Tanner and Pring can play as a CB, it’s not their natural position.

If we are to play 3 at the back, it won’t be the end of the world to sign another Championship ready CB for what we know is a long, competitive season.

If City pull this swap deal off, it will be a great deal for us…..

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Don’t necessarily think this is the case - need to be mindful that Naismith and Atkinson have both been out long-term and so probably need to be eased back in.

Whilst the likes of Tanner and Pring can play as a CB, it’s not their natural position.

If we are to play 3 at the back, it won’t be the end of the world to sign another Championship ready CB for what we know is a long, competitive season.

If City pull this swap deal off, it will be a great deal for us…..

Playing 3 at the back..

Again this is questionably aligned, given

A) Pre-season

B) That we last year had the first team solidly in a shape or variations of it, plus multiple Academy sides in a similar one.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I was thinking we need to get rid of a CB especially with Roberts as cover, not buy another one. What's going on here 

At present we have a decent number of senior defenders (8) not too few, not too many.

If we did sign McNally we are probably carrying one too many.

Logic would dictate one is probably on the move if that’s the case.

As Tanner & McCrorie are our RBs & Pring is our LB with Roberts as cover, it wouldn’t make sense if it was any of them.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2