IGNORED

Luke McNally : Officially signed (4 year deal)

INCRED

13 hours ago, MrRedRobin said:

If we had Vyner, Dickie, McNally and Atkinson that is quality choice. I think quite a few people on here have forgotten Atkinsons quality pre injury probably because of how good Dickie has been and whilst I know he could be a different player post injury if he can be anywhere near the player he was we have another quality CB to select from. 

I think with Atkinson its difficult to forecast if he can put these injury issues behind him. 

Fantastic player when fit but getting him fit and keeping him fit seems to be a big problem right now.

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

Think this opens up McNally if we wanted him. 

I think people, when talking about depth, are overlooking the fact that (IMO) if Dickie has another season like last year, I could see him going to the Prem. That + Naismith probably released, suddenly we’re light at CB in 12 months time potentially. 

46 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Think this opens up McNally if we wanted him. 

I think people, when talking about depth, are overlooking the fact that (IMO) if Dickie has another season like last year, I could see him going to the Prem. That + Naismith probably released, suddenly we’re light at CB in 12 months time potentially. 

The Chelsea CB is also signing for them today

Burnley just accepted £25m for Sander Berge from Fulham.

Having sold another player to Spurs last Friday for an identical sum.

They also have parachute payments.

We might be in the same division but they are operating on a completely different level financially.

• Like 6

Haven’t bid or anything yet, as he was seen as the obvious +1 in the Twine Conway deal, but it will be interesting to see whether we go back in for him and what that means for Naismith.

As for the right winger, nothing concrete has been put forward now as we cannot really afford another 15k pw + wage without shipping off some of the deadwood, ie Cornick (who is on a very decent wage btw)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Haven’t bid or anything yet, as he was seen as the obvious +1 in the Twine Conway deal, but it will be interesting to see whether we go back in for him and what that means for Naismith.

As for the right winger, nothing concrete has been put forward now as we cannot really afford another 15k pw + wage without shipping off some of the deadwood, ie Cornick (who is on a very decent wage btw)

Let’s see on deadline day what happens. I’d expect one or two more in and a few exits. 

13 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Think it was initially a bargaining chip for a swap deal (even though each deal would be separate) to try and get closer to each other’s valuations.  Obviously that ship has sailed.

That's not to say a separate deal could be invoked.

My guess is that we’d need to trim the squad first, and I can’t see that happening in defence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Let’s see on deadline day what happens. I’d expect one or two more in and a few exits. 

I got the feeling after recent interviews with people within the club that there could still be some incomings and outgoings before the window closes. I would be surprised if we aren’t keeping a few options available just in case we need to back fill positions 

There could be a few players unhappy at being out of the starting line up as well as being aware there are 2-3 others ahead of them 

Whilst we brought in Twine & Earthy as 10s I have a feeling LM would like another RW to compete with Sykes as Hirikawa will play LW and compete with Mehmeti

I still think McNally is possible as whilst we have 4 CBs, Atkinson is a risk and Naismith may be one that might go before the window closes 

Hopefully our established players are not targeted and sold but you never know 

2 hours ago, INCRED said:

I got the feeling after recent interviews with people within the club that there could still be some incomings and outgoings before the window closes. I would be surprised if we aren’t keeping a few options available just in case we need to back fill positions 

There could be a few players unhappy at being out of the starting line up as well as being aware there are 2-3 others ahead of them 

Whilst we brought in Twine & Earthy as 10s I have a feeling LM would like another RW to compete with Sykes as Hirikawa will play LW and compete with Mehmeti

I still think McNally is possible as whilst we have 4 CBs, Atkinson is a risk and Naismith may be one that might go before the window closes 

Hopefully our established players are not targeted and sold but you never know 

Are we sure Yu will play on the left? I wouldn't go by where he may play for Japan. I thought he was brought in as a 7.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bristol red said:

I am expecting a right sided attacker and a central defender to sign before the deadline. Also expecting a couple of departures. Cornick and Stokes out on loan plus possible interest in Vyner

Because you know something based on sound info?

Or because you're barking mad?

35 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Odd one this, if we do play 4 at the back, I would’ve thought Vyner Dickie Atkinson Naismith Roberts would be good enough cover, maybe someone is off?

I think the worry is that, 4/5 have basically only played left-sided centreback for us. Vyner is our only right-sided centreback, Dickie can probably do it but just hasn't while at the club and has looked immense as a left-sided centreback. Also, Atkinson and Naismith have been less-than reliable while at the club.

44 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Nixon also said we paid £3.75m for Twine which diverges slightly from the £3.2m reported.

That’s likely to be more in line with the ball-park figure I was trying to tease out of a mate.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Find it eye watering and shuddering to think we’ve paid that for Twine, personally. 

You won't be saying that when he's notched his 20th goal of the season to match his 20 assists... :dance:

Admittedly, I'm an optimist...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

I would think if we get McNally Naismith will be on his way, this is the last year of his contract in any case and plenty of L1 clubs would be interested, could be a loan initially. 

I’m with you, I can see Naismith going out either permanent or loan and McNally coming in 

2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

I would think if we get McNally Naismith will be on his way, this is the last year of his contract in any case and plenty of L1 clubs would be interested, could be a loan initially. 

Weren't Wrexham apparently interested at one point?

• Like 1

Overheard someone asking LM today at the training session over can we sign another winger please and sure he said something like that question needs to be asked to Steve etc with a smile. Have to say came across like a nice, open guy.  

Edited by Shauntaylor85

14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

We’re not interested in him

Not first preference I hear but is an option at right fee. I have heard that we are defo in for a right sided winger and likely to be a loan with view to buy for a prem player not a youngster but who really knows!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bristol red said:

Not first preference I hear but is an option at right fee. I have heard that we are defo in for a right sided winger and likely to be a loan with view to buy for a prem player not a youngster but who really knows!

McNally?

Josh Bowler?

36 minutes ago, bristol red said:

That will be it. A couple of outgoings. And a top 6 finish will be very much expected by all.

Nice one. Would be great if we can pull off a couple more quality signings but fear the outgoings may be tricky to arrange in the time available. Fingers crossed. Would dertainly put us in a strong position squad-wise.

2 minutes ago, bristol red said:

Not sure about Naismith but there is interest in Vyner

If Vyner was sold it would be a bit of a shock. He's gradually developed into a reliable, regular starter and at 27 is approaching prime. It would be pure profit though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

If Vyner was sold it would be a bit of a shock. He's gradually developed into a reliable, regular starter and at 27 is approaching prime. It would be pure profit though.

The only interest at present is in Vyner. That may change before deadline day.

11 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Whispers today went around for Southampton and Palace eyeing Vyner. Not quite sure that’s true however. Would take a few million. 

I have heated this too unfortunately

Just now, bristol red said:

I have heated this too unfortunately

Heared even

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Whispers today went around for Southampton and Palace eyeing Vyner. Not quite sure that’s true however. Would take a few million. 

Southampton were interested at the time of his last contract renewal so he's definitely on their radar, Palace also sold Andersen to Fulham so will be looking for a CB you would think. How much would Vyner cost? £4 - 5m?

Ok, I’ve had a few beers and am gonna upset a few people now but getting used to that.. my understanding is McNally in to replace Vyner if he goes and Bowler in and there will be outgoings or were before Bell got injured. 
Cornick, Bell, out on loan. Vyner out perm if valuation met.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, bristol red said:

Ok, I’ve had a few beers and am gonna upset a few people now but getting used to that.. my understanding is McNally in to replace Vyner if he goes and Bowler in and there will be outgoings or were before Bell got injured. 
Cornick, Bell, out on loan. Vyner out perm if valuation met.

That’s it! Not getting anything more out of me! Probably all bulls@@t anyway.. interesting though..

8 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Southampton were interested at the time of his last contract renewal so he's definitely on their radar, Palace also sold Andersen to Fulham so will be looking for a CB you would think. How much would Vyner cost? £4 - 5m?

If we can get 4-5m for Vyner then McNally for 2.5-3m that would be quite good I think 

• Hmmm 1

8 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Palace want Lacroix from Wolfsburg who has played for Glasner before. Though if Guehi goes as well...

Just now, Fpcity said:

If we can get 4-5m for Vyner then McNally for 2.5-3m that would be quite good I think 

I think that is possibly the plan but LM reluctant to let Vyner go and don’t think Vyner want a to leave either so all a bit odd

• Like 1

Just now, bristol red said:

I think that is possibly the plan but LM reluctant to let Vyner go and don’t think Vyner want a to leave either so all a bit odd

Good that he's reluctant to leave I guess even if someone like palace comes in for him. Could it be confidence issue with him? 

First couple of season with us were a bit shaky so now he's more confident he doesn't want disrupt that with a bit leap to the prem which could set him back if he doesn't perform straight away. 

If the valuation is met, then surely he'll be persuaded?

13 minutes ago, Fpcity said:

Good that he's reluctant to leave I guess even if someone like palace comes in for him. Could it be confidence issue with him? 

First couple of season with us were a bit shaky so now he's more confident he doesn't want disrupt that with a bit leap to the prem which could set him back if he doesn't perform straight away. 

Possibly but what would they oay him?? £40k a week? He'd be set for life even if it doesn't work out

• Like 1