IGNORED

Luke McNally : Officially signed (4 year deal)

INCRED

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think he is a nonsense rumour btw.

Top 5:

Jamie Knight-Lebel

Raph Araoye

Josh Campbell-Slowey

Archie Taylor

😉😉😉

Charlie Hughes just went to Hull unfortunately, he was top. 

Fevs ain't taking the bait!

Right you are, squire.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Parry85 said:

Suggestion- Harry Darling from Swansea he’s in the last year of his contract and also played some of his best football under Manning at MK Dons

Captain material 

IMG_2565.jpeg.bded11f046d844f908b46ff2ad1acb18.jpeg

Edited by glynriley
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Parry85 said:

Suggestion- Harry Darling from Swansea he’s in the last year of his contract and also played some of his best football under Manning at MK Dons

Just signed Ash Phillips on loan, although guess that might cover Wood who went to Southampton.

@Merrick's Marvels if you think I don’t rate McNally, wait til you read my opinion on Darling, although perversely I’d have said he’s a better replacement for Vyner, if Vyner was to go.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just signed Ash Phillips on loan, although guess that might cover Wood who went to Southampton.

@Merrick's Marvels if you think I don’t rate McNally, wait til you read my opinion on Darling, although perversely I’d have said he’s a better replacement for Vyner, if Vyner was to go.

Phillips signed for Stoke

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Christ alive. You're making Vyner sound like Bobby Moore at this rate!

4 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Christ alive. You're making Vyner sound like Bobby Moore at this rate!

Bobby Moore?  Don’t get me started, always tackling that donkey Pele with his front foot, stealing bracelets… 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

On 22/08/2024 at 07:25, 42nite said:

Will he take his designer clothing with him?

No, in the event of him going, he’d leave it all here and just go in his underpants

What on earth persuaded you to post this?

• Facepalm 1

On 22/08/2024 at 08:25, 42nite said:

Will he take his designer clothing with him?

Weirdly, jumped on a bus in Cala Millor last night, and there was a bloke in an Onyego T-shirt. Never seen anyone wearing one before, but pitch up in Majorca and bobs yer uncle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Weirdly, jumped on a bus in Cala Millor last night, and there was a bloke in an Onyego T-shirt. Never seen anyone wearing one before, but pitch up in Majorca and bobs yer uncle. 

Probably a fake, cheap material, printed funny….oh, that’s the real one! 😉

• Haha 1

Just now, Toffee dog said:

Interestingly starting for Burnley tonight against Wolves.

Just saw that , can’t rule anything out but if a move near not sure selling or buying club would want to risk injury 2 days out 

Not sure Ben Nelson  on the bench last night was  the same as bar injuries he was not coming on I think 

Hearing Sykes’ in the Derby pre match press conference, he’s definitely talking about McNally when asked about the growing Irish contingent, right? The way he talks…it sounds to me like this is close. 

Edited by Hartleysbeard
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Hartleysbeard said:

Hearing Sykes’ in the Derby pre match press conference, he’s definitely talking about McNally when asked about the growing Irish contingent, right? The way he talks…it sounds to me like this is close. 

I assumed that he was referring to Knight, Murphy, Armstrong & perhaps O'Leary?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hartleysbeard said:

And the bit about “and who I’ve played with before”, cough, cough!!!  Played with McGuane too, and of course knows Twine.

I think we will try and get this over the line today / tomorrow.  He’s our no1 target, I’m sure.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And the bit about “and who I’ve played with before”, cough, cough!!!  Played with McGuane too, and of course knows Twine.

I think we will try and get this over the line today / tomorrow.  He’s our no1 target, I’m sure.

Agreed @Davefevs - with all the signings Burnley have made and therefore the cover they have at CB, surely he will be surpass to requirements.

I would imagine that if they drop their asking price to closer to £2m, we will sign him.

I do wonder if this is why LM was “coy” in yesterdays presser re Dickie’s injury - if he’s going to be out for a sustained period, other clubs will know that we will be desperate to sign someone. Sense we won’t hear the extent of RD injury until after the window has closed.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Agreed @Davefevs - with all the signings Burnley have made and therefore the cover they have at CB, surely he will be surpass to requirements.

I would imagine that if they drop their asking price to closer to £2m, we will sign him.

I do wonder if this is why LM was “coy” in yesterdays presser re Dickie’s injury - if he’s going to be out for a sustained period, other clubs will know that we will be desperate to sign someone. Sense we won’t hear the extent of RD injury until after the window has closed.

Which would make sense from a negotiating point of view for sure. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Hoping discussions are far enough down the line that Dickie’s injury isn’t of any relevance.

Just to add a bit of positivity to this proposed signing….could be seen as future proofing any players leaving next summer, e.g. Naismith.

FWIW I don’t think he’s awful, just I think the combo of Vyner and Dickie is superior to a combo with McNally in it.  At 24 he’s a good age too, coming towards his peak years.  

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Hope you’re right , Dave. Would be a very good signing.

1 minute ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Yep, 90% sure this deal was done yesterday, irrespective of the Darling talks.

Believe he is in Bristol today.

Pleased with this, rounds off a pretty good summer albeit some questionable negotiations throughout… over to you Manning and Co. And Paul Tanner, please try and keep at least some of our players fit 🤷

2 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Strange that he played last night if the deal was done yesterday though 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Deal was done yesterday so Burnley let him play the full 90 minutes?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Good news, however probably confirms that Dickie’s hamstring is a bad one (had heard the other day it wasn’t sounding good)

we was after another centre back anyways even before Dickie got injured, think it was always bound to happen anyways 

4 minutes ago, Stockwood redss said:

we was after another centre back anyways even before Dickie got injured, think it was always bound to happen anyways 

We were, but I think dickie’s diagnosis puts more emphasis on this to get done, and more than likely a bit more of a “okay, let’s put a bit more budget behind this one as it’s now more important than it was last week”

• Like 3

Would love to know the volume of phone calls/emails between Ashton Gate & Turf Moor this transfer window!

Aa Dickie didn't appear to pull up really sharp & walked off ok(ish) I was hoping we were more at the minor end of a hamstring injury.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cheddarwedlocker said:

Mate with respect, you’re always quick out with the ITK stuff once it’s been published and out there…

• Like 9
  • Hmmm 1

So Burnley wanted 3 million originally, I can’t see them asking for much less than that? If he does come in surely that isn’t for competition. Thats a starting fee for us at CB. Think he’d cost more than Vyner, Dickie, Roberts, Naismith and Atkinson combined no? Would much rather we got the Nelson lad in on loan for a season for that price. Has to hit the ground running and somehow keep Dickie and Vyner out. Take some doing. 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Good news, however probably confirms that Dickie’s hamstring is a bad one (had heard the other day it wasn’t sounding good)

He didn't look too bad when he went off. A slight limp but nothing more. I'm going to have a wild guess and say he'll be out for 2 months. 

Edited by Fat Cigar

1 minute ago, Negan said:

So Burnley wanted 3 million originally, I can’t see them asking for much less than that? If he does come in surely that isn’t for competition. Thats a starting fee for us at CB. Think he’d cost more than Vyner, Dickie, Roberts, Naismith and Atkinson combined no? Would much rather we got the Nelson lad in on loan for a season for that price. Has to hit the ground running and somehow keep Dickie and Vyner out. Take some doing. 

Well , Dickie is out soooo

2 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

He didn't look too bad when he went off. A slight limp but nothing more. I'm going to have a wild guess and say he'll be out for 2 months. 

He went straight down the tunnel and they’ve had to have third party follow up scans, both of which aren’t great signs. Weimann was able to run off a torn ACL!

3 minutes ago, Negan said:

Cost more than the 5 players you’ve named combined ? Is that what you meant to write or have I misinterpreted you ?

51 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

Would love to know the volume of phone calls/emails between Ashton Gate & Turf Moor this transfer window!

Aa Dickie didn't appear to pull up really sharp & walked off ok(ish) I was hoping we were more at the minor end of a hamstring injury.

Bit like back in the day and getting that itemised bill in work and your boss asking who’s been phoning City Clubcall!!!

6 minutes ago, Negan said:

Gut feel is it will be a chunk less than that.  I’m basing that on the potential “swap” deal that could’ve manifested had Conway gone to Burnley.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Bit like back in the day and getting that itemised bill in work and your boss asking who’s been phoning City Clubcall!!!

Would kinda suck if you were the only City fan in the office!

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Or, trying to persuade your parents that the 0898 no on the bill IS Clubcall & nothing else! 

Obvs happened to a friend, not me, but he's on a different forum, you don't know him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

I think he might have the longest neck I have ever seen.

In which case, we'll have to give him the same  nickname as Jack Charlton - the"Giraffe".

Doesn't sound right in these days though.

Anyway, Lew - wind yer neck in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Now imagine that scenario, but this fool was dialling 0898 121176 from the new fangled BT Ruby car phone!

If I recall, it was for regular updates/news on the Rob Newman transfer to Norwich.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1