IGNORED

Sexstone Does It Again!

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

First he gets gig at the gate with music greats such as blue, atomic kitten etc, then he gets bryan adams.

Now he has got the biggest super star of them all and have attracted none other than Elton John!!!

I personally hate the bloke but no doubt about it hes a superstar and attracting to him to the Gate is a great thing for Ashton gate and Bristol City as I'm sure if this is successful (which I'm sure it will be) who knows who will come next.

Well done Sexstone another great attraction at the Gate.

Personally i think hes done a great job at the gate and the extra revenue he has brought to the club and the profile he has raised has been well worth his wages!

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Fantastic news that - Something else to put Bristol on the map.

With the stadium doing gigs and with the concert hall being built, surely Bristol will start having these massive names more often

And just a snip at £37-£60.....

...and I thought that the Bryan Adams tickets were expensive :)

Have to agree with the initial post though, I can't stand the bloke either, but it's one hell of a name to get at the Gate.

First he gets gig at the gate with music greats such as blue, atomic kitten etc,

Firstly, these people should NEVER be called musical greats! There are a million better musicians out there.

Secondly, yes I agree, Elton John at Ashton Gate is a huge coup and I thoroughly look forward to receiving next year's accounts reflecting all the extra money Colin has earned us....

Guest BTR_FTG

Firstly I'd say well done to Mr. Sexstone for getting such a high profile, if over-the-hill, performer at The Gate. Hopefully, the gig will generate much needed revenues & I hope there are many more of them.

As I STILL haven't received the accounts can't comment for sure but didn't we actually LOSE money on the Blue et al event (it rained or suchlike) & wasn't Bryan Adams a not for profit ,charity event?

BTR

FTG

As I STILL haven't received the accounts can't comment for sure but didn't we actually LOSE money on the Blue et al event (it rained or suchlike) & wasn't Bryan Adams a not for profit ,charity event?

I see your point but they were all about getting the experience and reputation required to host events such as this. I'm sure that if we knocked on Elton John's door without hosting other music gigs he would have slammed it in our faces. So that bit of expense will pay off in the future. After all, we've gone from Atomic Kitten to Blue to Bryan Adams and now Elton John. Who next year?

Personally, the return of the Rolling Stones would get me excited most :)

Guest BTR_FTG

Provided it's not the Horse Of The Year fiasco that ruined the pitch all those years ago I couldn't give a monkey's who plays at The Gate as I've an aversion to most 'stadium based' artists. In the 80's I lived in a gaff where the 'supergroups' of the day U2, Simple Minds, Pink Floyd et al used to rehearse their shows in my back garden (I kid you not) & I can assure you not one of them could hold a candle to The Pop Group playing Tiffany's.....

BTR

FTG

I can assure you not one of them could hold a candle to The Pop Group playing Tiffany's.....

BTR

FTG

Wow! I agree or the Gang of Four supported by Pere Ubu at the Locarno (or whatever it was called by then).

I must say that I would add the previso that Radiohead at the CIA ranks among the best gigs I have ever seen, there are good bands around if you are prepared to look.

Guest city fan 2

i am thinking that city have got the wrong people behind the club as we are one of the only big cities without a prem'ship club.

after all bristol people are fickle!!

Archived