IGNORED

Willem 11 pre-season friendly

Jerseybean

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No surprise Tanner over McCrorie for me...more so with an away game to start with next week.  Expect a good share of minutes between the two of them.

Big chances for Bell and Mehmeti, if indeed this is an audition.

Got to fit Twine into the line-up yet @Davefevs 🤷‍♂️😂

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Midred said:

Paid rhe £5 for streaming but nothing else showing up apart from Robins tv showing the match starting at 3.00! Anyone else noticed this? Will the club release  the team line up early or will it remain a mystery until kick off? 😂

Keeps taking us in and out of the page and we keep needing to sign in again. Very frustrating. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Could someone tell me, how good are Willem? I know the division they play in but how comparable are they with us? mid to upper champ or lower prem?

They're a newly promoted top flight club in the Netherlands. That's all I know.

8 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Down again for me, must have been all you lot refreshing 😠

The whole site went for a minute but it's back now. I have switched to my VPN which usually gives a more stable connection.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Any updates from those watching?

Dominating opening 20 mins. Not really created anything. High pressing and we look mobile. Need a bit better quality in the pass. 

AM looks lively.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

How are we looking? Much goal action?

Not really. Armstrong had a half chance over the bar. Little else so far.

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Any updates from those watching?

Not much goalmouth action so far.

Best chance fell to Armstrong, who did well to create some space for himself but then put it comfortably over the bar - should have hit the target.

Defence looking solid. Knight and Bird impressing in the centre. Mehmeti with a few nice touches to go past players on the left hand side.

Lacking a little bit of quality with our final (or penultimate) ball.

3 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Not much goalmouth action so far.

Best chance fell to Armstrong, who did well to create some space for himself but then put it comfortably over the bar - should have hit the target.

Defence looking solid. Knight and Bird impressing in the centre. Mehmeti with a few nice touches to go past players on the left hand side.

Lacking a little bit of quality with our final (or penultimate) ball.

Nothing we didn’t already know I’m afraid 

9 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Remain concerned around the quality of our forwards to take us to the next level. 

100%.

Hirakama will help.

As would Twine.

We basically need 2 or 3 quality creators who can set up chances Armstrong cannot miss.

Here's hoping.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Can’t tell if he’s hit a cross way to hard there or missed the goal with a shot by about 15metres 

Cross I think. Whatever it was it was dreadful.

Mostly us in possession. But they seem to be more than a match for us at the moment. Playing Feyenoord away next week apparently. We haven’t created many clear cut chances but we’re still warming up. Looking like a good pre season test so far

1 minute ago, real_bristol said:

Mostly us in possession. But they seem to be more than a match for us at the moment. Playing Feyenoord away next week apparently. We haven’t created many clear cut chances but we’re still warming up. Looking like a good pre season test so far

They look a decent side IMHO.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Does our team look a decided improvement on last season’s?

Imo no. There's been a couple of times there's been space in the midfield and everything is just a bit slow and I thought "if Matty is here he's seeing this space and running the midfield like he did last season" but Bird and Knight have looked good.

Our front line again is a concern. Mehmeti has been decent, Armstrong has got into good positions but he is Semenyo at the beginning his decision making is a bit suspect. Not heard Wells' name much.

Defence has looked good and Max hasn't really been tested.

It's just a bit too slow for my liking.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, redkev said:

Let’s hope so but unfortunately at the mo 

1 is unproven whilst the other plays for Burnley 🤷

Yes, hence use of "would" to indicate "hypothetically" regarding Twine.

As for Hirakama, from the bits I've seen, he looks a level above most, if not all, our wide forwards. His challenge, I think, will be settling in off the pitch, not on it.

• Like 2

Shame they added on a minute 😴

2 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Still not convinced by Bell. Doesn’t really offer much going forward. Still seems more league 1 than champ.

Cue he’ll score in a mo 😁

He needs a trick.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ashton Fete said:

Bird looks a cracking signing. Barely ever loses the ball or has a misplaced pass and creates opportunities as well. 

Agreed. He looks to play on the front foot. (If there is such a thing.)

So far a bit like watching England at the Euros, which I thought was quite like City last season, without the occasional flashes of inspiration. Lots of possession and running but very little end product. Need a bulk buy of shooting boots before next Saturday!

• Like 1