IGNORED

Steven Caulker interview on Talksport

5 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

Still one of the best center backs we have ever had play for us mind.

Yes, one of those young players that just have an aura about them and you know they’re destined for the top level. Such a shame how things worked out for him. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, brady bunch said:

i wrote a letter to harry redknap at spurs asking if we could keep him for another year, 

he never replied 🙁

• Robin 1

There are a handful of players that have graced the turf of Ashton Gate in my life time(45) who just looked like they didn’t belong here. Abraham, Caulker, Cole spring instantly to mind where you felt lucky/honoured to have them play for you. I’ll throw Jacki into that group as well but will divide opinion. Anyone want to raise me on these names? I actually thought Bikey was close to be included - I’m sure I’ll be shot down

Edited by Red Billy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I know I've said this before on here, so forgive the repeat, but we had him on a season long loan at Yeovil as his first loan away from Spurs.

He was 17, not 18 till Christmas of thet season, and was pretty much ever present. Won every POTY award except top scorer and no one that watched him that season will ever forget seeing him.

Probably be in most people's all time Yeovil Town XI (that's a big claim, ha ha!) 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Red Billy said:

There are a handful of players that have graced the turf of Ashton Gate in my life time(45) who just looked like they didn’t belong here. Abraham, Caulker, Cole spring instantly to mind where you felt lucky/honoured to have them play for you. I’ll throw Jacki into that group as well but will divide opinion. Anyone want to raise me on these names? I actually thought Bikey was close to be included - I’m sure I’ll be shot down

Paul Hartley was in that bracket in my eyes but caulker ooozzzed class

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

i wrote a letter to harry redknap at spurs asking if we could keep him for another year, 

he never replied 🙁

Should have stuck a couple of fivers in the envelope. Allegedly. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, brady bunch said:

5 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Yes, one of those young players that just have an aura about them and you know they’re destined for the top level. Such a shame how things worked out for him. 

Agree. I thought he might be England captain one day when I saw him play for us. Shame. 

2 hours ago, Fpcity said:

Didn't we have Danny Rose on loan at the same time? 

Unfortunately.

Still don't understand how he ever had the career he managed with Spurs for so long before getting found out,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Red Billy said:

I'm 48 and sad to say I'm really struggling to add a name to that list, Super Bob for his shear ability to score goals. Goater,  Akinbye, Alison, Brooker all players who at times got you out of your seat but pretty depressing for 40 years of football.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

I'm 48 and sad to say I'm really struggling to add a name to that list, Super Bob for his shear ability to score goals. Goater,  Akinbye, Alison, Brooker all players who at times got you out of your seat but pretty depressing for 40 years of football.

Maynard for abour a year and a half?

Some of the Goals he scored and created himself pre injury were fantastic. Pre injury, pre attitude of course.

18 hours ago, Red Billy said:

Alex Scott

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Red Billy said:

Too young for Cole & Jacki but I’d agree with the other two.

There have been plenty of players that I (and most of us) expected to move onto the Prem & did do such as Reid, Brownhill, Semenyo & Bryan.

Then there’s the ones you think will go on and play for England like Webster & Scott. I think it might be too late for the former but still plenty of time for the latter! 

It might’ve just been me, but I felt like Christian Ribeiro would end up a Premier League player when I was watching him during Millens stint as caretaker manager in 2010. It’s a shame about the injuries!

Edited by Carey 6
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Red Billy said:

If you're talking players that didn't belong here, Bas Savage, Gerard Lavin, Gary Stanley to name but 3?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Alex Scott

Think he’s a great player but similar to Webster in that he’ll go on to have a great career and thought he was very good for us but the others were another level.