IGNORED

Sky Sports +

Ivorguy

For all Sky Sports subscribers, you get the extended Sky Sports + channel free.  For those who haven’t done so go to your Home television page which has all the steps required.

City’s match against Hull and the cup match against Coventry are scheduled to be broadcast.

In all, min of 24 of City’s  matches will be shown

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TammyAB said:

Do Virgin Media customers with a Sky Sports subscription also get Sky Sports +?

I looked at this at my Dads house the other day as he is on virgin with a sky subscription and having called virgin they said they are still negotiating on this channel with Sky but fully expecting it to be included soon

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

I think I've found the answer to my own question, with the final paragraph being relevant to me. I'm not sure exactly what "content" customers with older boxes will miss out on though?:

Sky Sports+ will be supported on Sky Stream, Sky Glass and Sky Q, although older satellite-only boxes, like the Sky+ HD box, won't work as Sky Sports+ relies on an Internet connection.

It's also been confirmed that Sky Sports+ will be made available to Virgin Media customers who have the TV 360 or Stream box sets.

However, its NOW customers who may benefit the most from Sky Sports+, with new features, including pause and rewind live TV, available on both the Sky Sports Day Membership and Sky Sports Month Membership plans for the first time.

While customers with older box sets won't be able to enjoy most of the new Sky Sports+ content, those with either the Virgin V6 or Sky+ boxes will still gain the Sky Sports+ linear channel as long as they have a full subscription to the Sky Sports pack.

49 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Yes you do you need a new remote control though , need to go through the app section on the telly and Virgin will send out new remote it’s straight forward 

45 minutes ago, miser said:

A mate who has a Virgin Tivo box has been contacted by Virgin advising he will be supplied with a 360 box free of charge to enable Sky Sports+

You have to contact Virgin (lovely experience) to request a 360 box

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

For all Sky Sports subscribers, you get the extended Sky Sports + channel free.  For those who haven’t done so go to your Home television page which has all the steps required.

City’s match against Hull and the cup match against Coventry are scheduled to be broadcast.

In all, min of 24 of City’s  matches will be shown

⬇️⬇️⬇️

26 minutes ago, eardun said:

Was hoping you’d be able to record like the red button matches but not convinced that this will be possible. 

Do the games appear in Sky Q planner?  I’m on hols so can’t check yet.  Ta in advance.

13 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Anyone know if you get access to it through the sky sports app/sky go?

The initial blurb said you could.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Do the games appear in Sky Q planner?  I’m on hols so can’t check yet.  Ta in advance.

The initial blurb said you could.

No I’m not seeing them on the planner (yet anyway - which is why I don’t think I’ll be able to record). Home page and sport seems to be the way in - or go in using the voice route. I can see our Sat & Tues matches there. Video guide on here:

Sky Sports+ Q&A: How to watch your EFL team on Sky

https://www.skysports.com/share/13130980

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, eardun said:

No I’m not seeing them on the planner (yet anyway - which is why I don’t think I’ll be able to record). Home page and sport seems to be the way in - or go in using the voice route. I can see our Sat & Tues matches there. Video guide on here:

Sky Sports+ Q&A: How to watch your EFL team on Sky

https://www.skysports.com/share/13130980

Ta, just found the same link.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ta, just found the same link.

Actually I’ve just read this on there. My channel 412 hasn’t been updated yet to sports+ so will check that again on Thursday (launch day) - may be able to access there and hopefully record. 

Which channel is Sky Sports+?

Sky Sports+ can be found on linear channel number 410 for Sky Glass customers, 412 for Sky Q customers and 416 for ROI.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks as if I have the 'wrong' Virgin Media box and would need an upgrade.

Anyone recently switched from VM to Sky (or from Sky to VM) have any opinion on which one is better?

Sky looks to be all about streaming, VM less so. Ideally, would like a 3rd TV connection internally, but not essential.

Any thoughts?

I'm with Virgin and have got the Tivo box... they sent me a new remote control and i had to run a free software upgrade which converts it to their 360 format which supports SKY Sports +

It was all very easy to sort and there was no extra charge

Sky SPorts + will kill the Caraboa cup I think . 7 days til the Coventry game  and it looks like we haven’t shifted 1000 tickets as yet ! Even if I didn’t have Sky+ I’d have no desire to go to a game in a near empty stadium and don’t particularly find a televised game attractive with no fans there . Reminds me too much of lockdown . Bloody awful decision 😡

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Sky SPorts + will kill the Caraboa cup I think . 7 days til the Coventry game  and it looks like we haven’t shifted 1000 tickets as yet ! Even if I didn’t have Sky+ I’d have no desire to go to a game in a near empty stadium and don’t particularly find a televised game attractive with no fans there . Reminds me too much of lockdown . Bloody awful decision 😡

Yes I said similar on the Sky fixture moves thread the other day. I’m surprised they decided to televise every league cup match - the early rounds had small attendances even before this. Of course, the fact our match is against Cov doesn’t help (2 home matches against them in Aug, both on TV). 

2 minutes ago, eardun said:

Yes I said similar on the Sky fixture moves thread the other day. I’m surprised they decided to televise every league cup match - the early rounds had small attendances even before this. Of course, the fact our match is against Cov doesn’t help (2 home matches against them in Aug, both on TV). 

Football is starting to turn in to a song by The Buggles.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

If we’ve only sold around 1000, we might be outnumbered by Coventry fans then! 

• Haha 1

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Hang on last week people were saying they weren't aware of games being televised etc so now everyone isn't going because it's on TV? 

Let's be honest it's not really that much difference to the old red button games 

• Like 3

• Admin
3 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

I looked at this at my Dads house the other day as he is on virgin with a sky subscription and having called virgin they said they are still negotiating on this channel with Sky but fully expecting it to be included soon

Worrying advice, it was all sorted a long time ago 

• Admin
1 hour ago, eardun said:

Was hoping you’d be able to record like the red button matches but not convinced that this will be possible. 

As above I've just seen it as glorified red button 

1 hour ago, eardun said:

Actually I’ve just read this on there. My channel 412 hasn’t been updated yet to sports+ so will check that again on Thursday (launch day) - may be able to access there and hopefully record. 

Sky Sports+ can be found on linear channel number 410 for Sky Glass customers, 412 for Sky Q customers and 416 for ROI.

412 is showing as sky arena on my tv 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hang on last week people were saying they weren't aware of games being televised etc so now everyone isn't going because it's on TV? 

Let's be honest it's not really that much difference to the old red button games 

League cup wasn’t on red button though  that’s the point - early rounds of league cup weren’t on TV before, and even when you couldn’t watch the match on TV, the attendance was poor.

1 minute ago, LoyalRed said:

412 is showing as sky arena on my tv 

Yep me too. Not updated yet. 

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Worrying advice, it was all sorted a long time ago 

Have to say, I only looked at the VM website today as a result of this thread and discovered I don't have the latest edition of their television box so if I have read correctly, I won't be able to get Sports +.

• Admin
1 minute ago, eardun said:

League cup wasn’t on red button though  that’s the point - early rounds of league cup weren’t on TV before, and even when you couldn’t watch the match on TV, the attendance was poor.

Doesn't explain Coventry selling out their allocation 

Season ticket sales are up, not sure why people suddenly assume attendances will be impacted 

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Have to say, I only looked at the VM website today as a result of this thread and discovered I don't have the latest edition of their television box so if I have read correctly, I won't be able to get Sports +.

See above for solution 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Season ticket sales are up, not sure why people suddenly assume attendances will be impacted 

We don’t seem to have sold many cup tickets though which was his original point - poss less than Cov! 

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

See above for solution 

Did the new remote require you to sign up for an extended contract?

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Did the new remote require you to sign up for an extended contract?

No, i am half way through my latest 18 month contract and that hasn't changed.

It may depend what contract you are on, as to whether the new remote/software upgrade is free?

As i've got the full Sports pack, they emailed me to advise what i had to do. It is optional, as the new software upgrade wipes any recording history from your box, but to receive SKY Sports+ via Virgin, you must have their latest 360 software.

On 06/08/2024 at 21:06, eardun said:

I now have sports+ on channel 412 as expected, but (unlike with the red button matches) it doesn’t seem that there is the ability to pull up our match to record it - it is only giving the option to record the match showing on the planner on 412 (Leeds v Portsmouth).

1 hour ago, temp said:

Talktalk offering all sky sports £20 per month min 12mths; Now tv all sky sports offer sky sports £26 per mth min 12 months, suppose they both include sky plus?

Now do (and so should talktalk). You need to add boost to Now for a decent picture, or simultaneous use on 2 (£6) or 3 (£10) devices.

Last season I did Sky Sports on Now for £26 inc boost for 3 devices. I'm not paying £36* for the same this season.

(*and it's a 12m contract on my offer, so includes the close season which is money wasted for me as I'm only interested in football)

• Admin
2 hours ago, eardun said:

I now have sports+ on channel 412 as expected, but (unlike with the red button matches) it doesn’t seem that there is the ability to pull up our match to record it - it is only giving the option to record the match showing on the planner on 412 (Leeds v Portsmouth).

I thought the recording of red button matches was only available during covid 

Certainly not recently as highlighted in discussions before 

42 minutes ago, phantom said:

I thought the recording of red button matches was only available during covid 

Certainly not recently as highlighted in discussions before 

Yes I was able to record them - of course, red button matches dried up in second half of last season. 

11 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Now do (and so should talktalk). You need to add boost to Now for a decent picture, or simultaneous use on 2 (£6) or 3 (£10) devices.

Last season I did Sky Sports on Now for £26 inc boost for 3 devices. I'm not paying £36* for the same this season.

(*and it's a 12m contract on my offer, so includes the close season which is money wasted for me as I'm only interested in football)

Talktalk is offering to existing customers sky sports channels for £20.00 per month for 12months (thats less than a fiver a week, £240.00), so yes you lose 2mths, as the season goes on till May 2025 ....10mths of footie for £24 per mth and a lot of games...thinking about it seems a good offer

On 06/08/2024 at 22:14, phantom said:

I think it's too early to judge. 
After a few months , maybe by Christmas , the time and day changes will have time to take affect on peoples routines. `Then , after people have missed games or have had to juggle work or home life they may have to take stock.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I think it's too early to judge. 
After a few months , maybe by Christmas , the time and day changes will have time to take affect on peoples routines. `Then , after people have missed games or have had to juggle work or home life they may have to take stock.

Main Reason I didn’t renew . I just knew it wouldn’t be the best option financially as I would have probably missed 10 home games at least. I can see this being more of a problem next season , especially if we finish midtable again . Also across the three leagues I wouldn’t be surprised if the overall attendances drop. I hope the clubs have been compensated adequately by the tv deal , because they’re tied into it for 5 years . 

• Admin
12 hours ago, eardun said:

Yes I was able to record them - of course, red button matches dried up in second half of last season. 

Fair enough, I know I haven't had the option on Sky+ for a long time now

2 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Love that song. I heard it on the wireless, back in '79

I listened to audiobook of Trevor Horns autobiography a while back. Can highly recommend, and it's free to borrow digitally from Bristol libraries/borrowbox.

5 hours ago, temp said:

Talktalk is offering to existing customers sky sports channels for £20.00 per month for 12months (thats less than a fiver a week, £240.00), so yes you lose 2mths, as the season goes on till May 2025 ....10mths of footie for £24 per mth and a lot of games...thinking about it seems a good offer

👍

I just got a £20 offer from nowtv via email, and anyone who has cancelled recently should have the same offer. Boost is free for a month (2 devices/HD).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

👍

I just got a £20 offer from nowtv via email, and anyone who has cancelled recently should have the same offer. Boost is free for a month (2 devices/HD).

Done as well £20 for a month x 12 = loads of games for 10months :mafia:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Remember it's 'cancel any time' on NOW so you only need to do up to May.

I think this deal has a minimum term of 12 months - I know mine does! They were offering 6 months at £26 a month earlier in the week, but held off till today. I’m sure I can find something in the off season on there. That cricket where every team is a pack of crisps for example

32 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

I think this deal has a minimum term of 12 months - I know mine does! They were offering 6 months at £26 a month earlier in the week, but held off till today. I’m sure I can find something in the off season on there. That cricket where every team is a pack of crisps for example

The £26pm deal did, but the email offer is cancel anytime. Yours might be different, but see here for evidence of the offer I got

https://www.hotukdeals.com/share-deal/4394137?utm_source=copy_url_mb&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=2024-08-09&utm_content=4394137

12 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

The £26pm deal did, but the email offer is cancel anytime. Yours might be different, but see here for evidence of the offer I got

https://www.hotukdeals.com/share-deal/4394137?utm_source=copy_url_mb&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=2024-08-09&utm_content=4394137

Ah yeah, you’re right! Doubly glad I held off now then. I assume they might offer something else when I go to cancel at the end of the football season- don’t think I’ve paid full price for anything on Now for literally years

On 06/08/2024 at 22:12, Bristol Rob said:

Correct , I have the same issue, VM have said I need their new control which includes updating my box, other VM users have done this and now untold number of problems 

2 minutes ago, Oldland2 said:

Correct , I have the same issue, VM have said I need their new control which includes updating my box, other VM users have done this and now untold number of problems 

and @Bristol Rob

Did you both have a sky sports sub on VM, because that seems a bit naughty of them if so. (Unless they've told you to upgrade and you missed the comms.)

After fighting off the ‘Sky Monster’ ever since football began - so they tell me - I’ve relented. Couldn’t resist being able to watch (nearly) every second of our promotion-winning season and next Season’s breakthrough Premiership year. 

Set up for £22/month on a 2 year contract. Quite impressed so far, can get it remote on the iPad too with access to all sports channels (ex TNT).

Over to you Mr Manning, 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

and @Bristol Rob

Did you both have a sky sports sub on VM, because that seems a bit naughty of them if so. (Unless they've told you to upgrade and you missed the comms.)

I do have Sky/TNT Sports.

That said, the account is set up to an email address the Doris has, so she might have received something not read it, or read it and decided not to tell me! 🤣

• Haha 1

Disappointed there’s no red button option on Sky Sports Plus for V6 Box customers like myself. I can only watch Preston vs Sheff Utd on there tonight and not Barnsley or Chesterfield.

It means I won’t be able to watch City tomorrow.

• Like 1

On 06/08/2024 at 21:49, 22A said:

Having got rid of Sky, will  games still be available via http://www.fawanews.com/ as they were last season?

OK it's working tonight; http://www.fawanews.com/Blackburn Rovers vs Derby County.html

http://www.fawanews.com/Barnsley vs Mansfield.html

http://www.fawanews.com/Preston vs Sheffield Utd.html

Problems though with Chesterfield v Swindon

• Thanks 1