IGNORED

Sky Sports +

Ivorguy

1 minute ago, PAPA650 said:

thats where im watching it

If I hit the red button then the information button to get the list of available games (which is what I have always done) it is showing 8 to choose from, nothing to do with ch 46. 

1 minute ago, PAPA650 said:

go to your sky sports + listing 46 is city game

I have a list of 8 games, not 46 though.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

The intermittent pausing/buffering on the sky coverage is getting really annoying now 

it's similar coverage to what you get on dodgy sticks 

I’ve had no issue (watching via Sky Q)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

The intermittent pausing/buffering on the sky coverage is getting really annoying now 

Thought it was my internet :laugh: 

58 minutes ago, eardun said:

I’ve had no issue (watching via Sky Q)

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

Was like the camera operator had a dodgy connection on his camera everytime he panned too far left.

+++++

Am I right in thinking on Sky Q it’s coming via the dish / satellite rather than broadband per se?

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

I had that as well mate, bloody annoying, used to get it on the Red Button games as well, thought this channel would be better. I have Sky Stream, too many trees in the way for a dish. 150MB line so it can't be that surely.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Was like the camera operator had a dodgy connection on his camera everytime he panned too far left.

+++++

Am I right in thinking on Sky Q it’s coming via the dish / satellite rather than broadband per se?

I thought I read that it’s via your internet and that’s why unconnected older Sky HD boxes can’t get it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sniper said:

I had that as well mate, bloody annoying, used to get it on the Red Button games as well, thought this channel would be better. I have Sky Stream, too many trees in the way for a dish. 150MB line so it can't be that surely.

Could be your wi-fi, most systems run at 2.4G, if someone else in the house is streaming a movie and your TV hasn't got a strong signal, or it could be one of your neighbours using the same channel and causing interference?

• Like 1

You can pause on Sky Q red button feed (plus+ and Sky football channel). This means you can sync with Radio Brizz.

I was able to use the new BCFC app and for the first time ever, was able to pause their Radio Brizz feed. Normally it would bounce straight back to live-time and syncing was unavailable through  RTV.

Not now, whichever is ahead in proper live-time, you can now pause and sync. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

You can pause on Sky Q red button feed (plus+ and Sky football channel). This means you can sync with Radio Brizz.

I was able to use the new BCFC app and for the first time ever, was able to pause their Radio Brizz feed. Normally it would bounce straight back to live-time and syncing was unavailable through  RTV.

Not now, whichever is ahead in proper live-time, you can now pause and sync. 

Oooh that’s good.  I tried pausing on Saturday, and it froze and I had to restart.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Coverage is fine, but wish they could have some crowd noise as hearing solely the commentator is a hard watch

Worked fine for me throughout. No buffering, good pictures and a ok/decent commentary.

On the crowd noise. Could only hear the Cov fans, apart from a couple of bursts from us, so just be grateful on whichever platform you were watching that it was silent. Had to turn my sound off after they scored when they started their truly woeful Beatles song on repeat, repeat, repeat ….

4 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

TBF to Sky it been great on Now TV, apart from last nights boring commentator and Lee bloo dy Hendrie on Saturday.

Out of interest what is the picture like on Now? Do you need to pay for the boost or is it ok without that and does it buffer at all?

I’ve had Sky for decades but feel I’m never far away from cancelling, to get a new good deal they want me to sign a two year contract which I’m not keen on doing as they usually whack the price up within months of signing it. 

Bit late now, but I had it on 508 (Virgin) and then the red button gave a list of northern and southern section games. I tried to talk my mum through it for my dad, but they said they couldn't find it and gave up (although quite possibly user error there...)

When I was there at the weekend, I had to use the info button to bring up a list of live games for Hull. They do have an older box than me so don't know if that's the difference, but does seem to me (at the moment anyway) that it's either the red button or info button to get match selection.

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Bit late now, but I had it on 508 (Virgin) and then the red button gave a list of northern and southern section games. I tried to talk my mum through it for my dad, but they said they couldn't find it and gave up (although quite possibly user error there...)

When I was there at the weekend, I had to use the info button to bring up a list of live games for Hull. They do have an older box than me so don't know if that's the difference, but does seem to me (at the moment anyway) that it's either the red button or info button to get match selection.

I have a new box (360 or something) , I had to Red button and then info to get the list. 
It took me a while as I used to get a screen come up ( it did ) then it would list the games (it didn't) .
Not figured how to do it through "on the go" App .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I don`t know if it`s my setup on Sky but with the constant cumulative effect of the buffering I ended up 8 minutes behind! when the game ended I was still on 86 minutes!

If there isn't a timeline you can call up and then select or ffwd to 'live', maybe exit the stream and then go back in to it to force 'live' (it's always gonna be 30s-a minute or so behind true live).

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Taz said:

Using the info button (same box I am guessing), it only listed 8 games on Virgin, 3 on the first page and then click on "more" and another 5 games were options. It just wasn't an option to have the City game whatsoever on the box I have. My Dad had exactly the same issue and he has the same box as far as I'm aware. There was no links to North and South games.

I will assume there will be issues with Virgin all season as there has been previously with red button games. A stick is more reliable than Virgin red button in my experience.

Edited by TheReds
Addition
  • Like 2

• Admin
11 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Makes sense. Really looks like the south stand corner. Having said that, when it shows what would be the Atyeo Stand the Lansdown stand is on the wrong side which made me doubt it

To be fair to you there are parts of the The Valley that easily look like part of AG8

• Like 2

On 14/08/2024 at 10:02, phantom said:

Coverage is fine, but wish they could have some crowd noise as hearing solely the commentator is a hard watch

Noticed that in the Hull match, no microphones located around the crowd.

On 14/08/2024 at 12:46, ralphindevon said:

Out of interest what is the picture like on Now? Do you need to pay for the boost or is it ok without that and does it buffer at all?

I’ve had Sky for decades but feel I’m never far away from cancelling, to get a new good deal they want me to sign a two year contract which I’m not keen on doing as they usually whack the price up within months of signing it. 

Picture is fine on Now without boost and no buffering issues 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

If there isn't a timeline you can call up and then select or ffwd to 'live', maybe exit the stream and then go back in to it to force 'live' (it's always gonna be 30s-a minute or so behind true live).

Thanks mate, I`ll give it a go if it happens again

• Like 1

With Virgin the issue seems to be the box you have. You need to have a 360 box for this to work fully or it will be a limited service (I assume this is why the option of only 8 games showed up). 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Sky-Sports/td-p/5519825/page/3

To avoid any further confusion; Sky Sports+ will only be available on Virgin TV 360 and Stream at launch.

There is an existing red button functionality on the older boxes with reduced functionality, that will continue to be available but it wont have the full amount of streams available to customers with Sky Sports+

• Admin
12 minutes ago, TheReds said:

With Virgin the issue seems to be the box you have. You need to have a 360 box for this to work fully or it will be a limited service (I assume this is why the option of only 8 games showed up). 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Sky-Sports/td-p/5519825/page/3

To avoid any further confusion; Sky Sports+ will only be available on Virgin TV 360 and Stream at launch.

There is an existing red button functionality on the older boxes with reduced functionality, that will continue to be available but it wont have the full amount of streams available to customers with Sky Sports+

Have a read back through from the start of this thread, this was already highlighted.

There may be other queries people have that has already been shared

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Have a read back through from the start of this thread, this was already highlighted.

There may be other queries people have that has already been shared

TBF In clicked on here on Saturday as it wasn't showing close to kick off and then it was fine, so only read the thread from that point on, and then seen the same issues as me with Tuesdays game so went looking for an answer. My fault for not starting to read it at the beginning.

On 14/08/2024 at 18:30, 1960maaan said:

I have a new box (360 or something) , I had to Red button and then info to get the list. 
It took me a while as I used to get a screen come up ( it did ) then it would list the games (it didn't) .
Not figured how to do it through "on the go" App .

Not sure if anybody commented on this but couldn’t see it. I have virgin and so I have “on the go” but I also have sky sports app and that is so much better for sports channels than “on the go” and the latest update works just like sky/virgin 360 with every game easy to find on the “watch” screen from about 10/15 mins prior to kick off.

Anybody that has a TiVo box that has not been configured to 360 need the sky sports app and an iPad and they cannot go wrong 👍🏻

• Thanks 1