IGNORED

Tinnion divulges info to Ian Gay

I know we’ve discussed BT in several threads but I heard earlier on that he invited Ian Gay into his office today at our HPC. Why?

He’s the main source of leaks at pretty much every opportunity. His lack of any ability to keep info within 4 walls is staggering. 

I understand today he disclosed Player contract info, transfer fees, player targets offers etc, tactics etc. 

I was always a fan of Tins as a player /academy coach  but I genuinely feel this current role is way beyond his abilities. 

Edited by Corsham Alf
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Facepalm 7

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sack him or Demote him if true.

Back to the Academy, he is grossly unprofessional if this is true.

I genuinely wish it wasn’t true but sadly it is. It’s so bad it really is. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I mean it has been chatted about for a while for about 6 months but this feels a new level, a new low.

Yes agreed. I’m actually quite angry right now. Genuinely feels like we are a Mickey Mouse club in our behaviours. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

I know we’ve discussed BT in several threads but I heard earlier on that he invited Ian Gay into his office today at our HPC. Why?

He’s the main source of leaks at pretty much every opportunity. His lack of any ability to keep info within 4 walls is staggering. 

I understand today he disclosed Player contract info, transfer fees, player targets offers etc, tactics etc. 

I was always a fan of Tins as a player /academy coach  but I genuinely feel this current role is way beyond his abilities. 

I am sorry, I am not normally someone would ask this, but this is so important.....

How do you know this? and How do you or anyone else know what was discussed in a 1-1 meeting?

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Corsham Alf said:

Yes agreed. I’m actually quite angry right now. Genuinely feels like we are a Mickey Mouse club in our behaviours. 

My annoyance is just rising tbh.

Manning and Hogg I like, those above much more varied. I'm sure these 2 didn't join to work in a scenario whereby a member of the top brass was selectively leaking to leaking like a sieve.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 2

12 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

How many were in the office to back up your claims? 

Why the hell would anyone in his position discuss everything you have listed as it makes no sense whatsoever. I'd sort of get it if he let slip the odd thing, but to invite someone in to tell them absolutely everything he knows about contracts, targets, offers, tactics, transfer fees, I'll put this out there and have a guess that it is complete BS.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

You had me on board until you used the word “behaviours”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

My annoyance is just rising tbh.

Manning and Hogg I like, those above much more varied. I'm sure these 2 didn't join to work in a scenario whereby a member of the top brass was selectively leaking to leaking like a sieve.

I’m with you there 100%. It’s just so amateurish. Words fail me. 

• Like 1

Even for Tinnion (if all the comments on here are to believed) just brazenly inviting someone to his office to discuss sensitive contractual, legal, and club related things like tactics and transfer targets would be idiotic isn't it?

It's just utterly nonsensical to me. Unfortunately though given the last few months I'm not sure whether I actually believe it or not though!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Even for Tinnion (if all the comments on here are to believed) just brazenly inviting someone to his office to discuss sensitive contractual, legal, and club related things like tactics and transfer targets would be idiotic isn't it?

It's just utterly nonsensical to me. Unfortunately though given the last few months I'm not sure whether I actually believe it or not though!

Well I don’t want it to be true either but unless my reliable source (do not ask me who) is lying then sadly it’s 150% true 

• Hmmm 1

Just now, Corsham Alf said:

Well I don’t want it to be true either but unless my reliable source (do not ask me who) is lying then sadly it’s 150% true 

Would never ask anyone who told them something, and I appreciate you posting it whether it turns out to be true or not! Madness if it is though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Corsham Alf said:

Ian Gay must be the only one who can relay what was said, unless Tinnion has asked in multiple people to discuss all of these club issues?

I will happily say with 100% confidence that it is BS and there is an agenda going on here.

• Like 11

35 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

I know people have accused Tinnion of being too open with our business so it’s not completely unrealistic but this breaks a lot of GDPR rules with players contracts surely and why would he invite him out of everyone into his office? Can’t really believe this for those reasons there

Edited by Charlie BCFC
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Okies do has Mr. Gay posted this on OTIB so as we can discuss?

He used to post on here but fell out with another poster who’s no longer uses otib. He got the hump and left and took up on the now defunct Ziderheads with the modest username of TTO - the trusted one………….:cool2:

He was very active and particularly critical of Nige and I challenged him once or twice and he simply bleated on about  ‘facts’ all completely without context.

Now it seems he spends much of his time on Twitter. Thankfully I’m not on it.

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, 42nite said:

If so, what has Ian Gay done to be thought of so highly by Tinnion?

Has he ever been part of the Bristol City staff?

My remote thinking there is that Ian Gay for whatever reason has followers and is a voice among the fanbase.

He was highly critical of many aspects.

Invite him inside the tent and you neutralise a critic and his profile grows that bit more into the bargain. His criticisms and critique are sharply neutralised.

Otherwise I'm confused, the only real thing I can think of.

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

What a load of tosh… I hope this little nugget of a tip off didn’t cost you too many beers..

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, Floatn Over said:

If true, it’s highly unprofessional but given the leaks it’s worryingly believable.

IF it's true, it's also illegal due to GDPR, unless the players discussed have given their consent, which won't have happened.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2

IF a couple of blokes met in an office with no one else there, unless one of those blokes tells a third bloke what they were talking about no one else has a clue 

I’m looking forward to the next FBC! 

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

My remote thinking there is that Ian Gay for whatever reason has followers and is a voice among the fanbase.

He was highly critical of many aspects.

Invite him inside the tent and you neutralise a critic and his profile grows that bit more into the bargain. His criticisms and critique are sharply neutralised.

Otherwise I'm confused, the only real thing I can think of.

He is the most talked about person associated with the club these days! It’s the Ian show. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

He is the most talked about person associated with the club these days! It’s the Ian show. 

Maybe he's regarded as being good to have around.  Taking some of the heat from Son Of and Tinnion.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Corsham Alf said:

The fact he is leaking info that’s obviously come directly from someone at the club, and yet people are still meeting privately with him suggests they’re not worried about the bits that he is making public

Edited by The Exiled Robin
Duplication
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, The Exiled Robin said:

The fact he is leaking info that’s obviously come directly from someone at the club, and yet people are still meeting privately with him suggests they’re not worried about the bits that he is making public

It is just bizarre though.

Too many fans seem to be blinded by Tinnion the player really. Possibly the Lansdowns are too though, or lingering guilt as to how his managerial career ended here.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Too many fans seem to be blinded by Tinnion the player really. Possibly the Lansdowns are too though, or lingering guilt as to how his managerial career ended here.

No idea really why he is in this role. I wouldn’t have brought him back after his disastrous spell as a manager. He had his chance and didn’t deliver. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

No idea really why he is in this role. I wouldn’t have brought him back after his disastrous spell as a manager. He had his chance and didn’t deliver. 

Well, they’re two different roles. If you had not done well at a job would you expect to be stopped from doing a totally different job? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I was fine with him as Youth tbh.

There was general, perhaps unanimous oodwill and warm wishes when he was appointed to this role in late 2022. It is genuinely a shame how it has played/is playing out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Clearly Ian has info, that was obvious. Without trying to jump on any bandwagon against him, I do wonder if it’s actually wise him sharing as much info as he does

1 hour ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I know people have accused Tinnion of being too open with our business so it’s not completely unrealistic but this breaks a lot of GDPR rules with players contracts surely and why would he invite him out of everyone into his office? Can’t really believe this for those reasons there

To be fair to Corsham.

Tinns has already leaked confidential transfer information in his own car crash of a rebutted press conference.

He's invited Ian in twice before, and now Ian has potentially leaked Yu's diagnosis ahead of any announcement by the club (thereby arguably weakening us by giving Hull a clue with regards to selection info.

It's a 2+2 etc situation. Problem is, Tinns track record on said front with regards to what should be confidential is nonexistent.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Lingering guilt? The guy got pumped 7-1 in the third division ffs.

And now appears as equally incompetent in his new role.

• Flames 2

6 hours ago, The Exiled Robin said:

Well, they’re two different roles. If you had not done well at a job would you expect to be stopped from doing a totally different job? 

In the same organisation - yes !

You changed from using the word role to job. He had a role at Bristol City and failed so I would not expect ordinarily to see somebody return to the same organisation in a different role.

Edited by Meh
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Corsham Alf said:

IF that's true, then that's gross misconduct, right there. And laws such as GDPR would surely come into it? He's disclosing private information. That's a very serious offence.

However, this is also a very serious accusation, and I would hope that the OP has more than just 'someone ITK' who can back this up. Also, why not report it to the club, rather than on here? 

Edited by SecretSam
Nuance
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

People on here quick to judge someone on hearsay, like a lynch mob in a kangaroo court 

I’m totally willing to do that. For me, once “Pure and Simple” came out with its pop by numbers formula then the members of the group had no way back artistically, and the Shentall debacle sealed the deal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Facepalm 2

Ian Gay living rent free in the heads of half of this forum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

If Tinnion wanted to leak information wouldn’t it normally be to a professional journalist ? 

Don't think he likes the critique he had from Percy or BBC Radio Bristol. Hence him inviting Ian in for an interview in the first place. Imo.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

IF that's true, then that's gross misconduct, right there. And laws such as GDPR would surely come into it? He's disclosing private information. That's a very serious offence.

However, this is also a very serious accusation, and I would hope that the OP has more than just 'someone ITK' who can back this up. Also, why not report it to the club, rather than on here? 

That's why I said very early on in this thread that this isn't the kind of information that you can put on a public forum, and then withhold the source.

The players and their agents are aware of information that appears on here, how are they going to react to the suggestion that their private information is potentially being released to some complete no mark stranger, who has all the restraint of a toddler with diarrhoea?

This needs to dealt with by the club right now, a firm rebuttal of the story hopefully.

• Like 2

You need to be careful what you put in writing as a fact. Allegedly, not fact. That’s all I’ll say. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why is everyone getting wound up about something that we didn't know happened & if it did, then we have no idea what was said.?

The witch hunt & jumping on every little thing that sounds like it discredits the people in charge of our club is pathetic.

It's like playground bullying & alot of people on here really don't show themselves in a very good light in jumping on board with it!

When something factual is open to criticism, then fill your boots - but this thread is embarrassing..!

Evidence points towards it being possible. Which doesn't help things.

Problem Tinns has made is that Ian's now positioned himself as mouthpiece of the club.

The ramifications of which is that unless the person is trustworthy, you need controls to at least review statements made by Ian before they're put out. As you've indirectly given weight to a person's opinion that may or may not align with the institution, in thus case, Bristol City FC.

He should never have invited Ian to the HPC in the first instance. Should have been a rented Studio.

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That's why I said very early on in this thread that this isn't the kind of information that you can put on a public forum, and then withhold the source.

The players and their agents are aware of information that appears on here, how are they going to react to the suggestion that their private information is potentially being released to some complete no mark stranger, who has all the restraint of a toddler with diarrhoea?

This needs to dealt with by the club right now, a firm rebuttal of the story hopefully.

We know that Ian has firmly position himself as a liaison for information between the Hirakawa injury layoff and stuff like the below - sl it's whether they can publicly rebutted legally without Ian getting possibly investigated then getting into the realm of possible libel.

Edited by Fuber

9 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Over several seasons I’ve spent hours in his company and he’s definitely his own biggest fan.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Because the person it would be reported to would be.....

Tinnion.

4 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Evidence points towards it being possible. Which doesn't help things.

Problem Tinns has made is that Ian's now positioned himself as mouthpiece of the club.

The ramifications of which is that unless the person is trustworthy, you need controls to at least review statements made by Ian before they're put out. As you've indirectly given weight to a person's opinion that may or may not align with the institution, in thus case, Bristol City FC.

He should never have invited Ian to the HPC in the first instance. Should have been a rented Studio.

We know that Ian has firmly position himself as a liaison for information between the Hirakawa injury layoff and stuff like the below - sl it's whether they can publicly rebutted legally without Ian getting possibly investigated then getting into the realm of possible libel.

Just for clarity what is the "evidence" that makes this likely? 

The Hirakawa injury period is not "evidence" @TammyAB among others posted a similar time period which I don't think he would claim was anything but guess work, so even if that turns out to be accurate I don't see it as evidence. 

We need to be absolutely certain on this because I do think that if it turns out to be true, Tinnions position is untenable and will cause issues around the club and the team.

2 minutes ago, Andrew_V1 said:

I think the bigger point here is the fact that this allegation is in anyway believable shows just how amateur we are set up.….

Or how desperate people are to put the knife into either Tinnion or JL given the opportunity.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

People on here quick to judge someone on hearsay, like a lynch mob in a kangaroo court 

If someone on here said Tinnion was behind the Ukraine war 25% on here would take it as gospel 

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fuber said:

To be fair to Corsham.

Tinns has already leaked confidential transfer information in his own car crash of a rebutted press conference.

He's invited Ian in twice before, and now Ian has potentially leaked Yu's diagnosis ahead of any announcement by the club (thereby arguably weakening us by giving Hull a clue with regards to selection info.

It's a 2+2 etc situation. Problem is, Tinns track record on said front with regards to what should be confidential is nonexistent.

2 = tins said something in on record interview. 

2= person on internet says something pretty vague that is context and substance free, that gets picked up and imbued with a bunch of additional entirely imagined extras and worst possible interpretations. 

Yep. Seems to equal 4 to me. Case closed. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Andrew_V1 said:

I think the bigger point here is the fact that this allegation is in anyway believable shows just how amateur we are set up.….

I think it's more a case of this:

57 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why is everyone getting wound up about something that we didn't know happened & if it did, then we have no idea what was said.?

The witch hunt & jumping on every little thing that sounds like it discredits the people in charge of our club is pathetic.

It's like playground bullying & alot of people on here really don't show themselves in a very good light in jumping on board with it!

When something factual is open to criticism, then fill your boots - but this thread is embarrassing..!

To me if you're angry about this with no proof it happened it's because you want to be angry - It's all people who already have issues with the board + BT that are jumping on this. It's more a case of partly wanting it to be true and happily lapping up any piece of info that might fuel how they feel. 

• Like 12
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

I think it's more a case of this:

To me if you're angry about this with no proof it happened it's because you want to be angry - It's all people who already have issues with the board + BT that are jumping on this. It's more a case of partly wanting it to be true and happily lapping up any piece of info that might fuel how they feel. 

That’s a fair comment and there is no doubt pre built bias one way or the other.

It doesn’t help though that we have had a constant stream of well at best confused decision making e.g open chequebook to austerity with no middle ground for a number of years now which has caused a general mistrust in the fan base.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BristolGit said:

Ian Gay living rent free in the heads of half of this forum.

Well lots of people dislike him. You can argue that’s his angle, but I’m not sure being Nigel Farage with a red and white scarf is all that positive.