IGNORED

Tinnion divulges info to Ian Gay

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Tbh I’d rather they didn’t. Maybe it’s just me, but publicly putting it out there creates a “why are they more of a fan than us” “super fans” “in with the club” shite that I think we could all do without!

I think that comes across stronger if the first people hear of it is you/FBC/anyone else staying on a podcast that you had a meeting with the club and discussed X, Y, and Z.

I can only speak for my own perception but I'd rather the club were transparent about it. Pitch it as a "fans media day" or something. 

Reasonable people know that a) you and the other podcasters (yes even Mr. Gay) put in effort and hard work, b) are known to the club, and c) aren't in it for the fame. You are in with the club, yeh kind of are a bigger fan - maybe not bigger, but harder working, more engaged I guess.

You're not getting priority tickets for a cup game, brown envelopes, or anything (I hope!). 

I don't know, you tell me if you've been accused of that kind of shite before, but I think it could be pitched correctly to avoid things like the first few pages of this thread.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I think the issue is that unless your reliable source was in the room then the "info" is at best second or third hand.  Which means they either know Ian Gay or knows someone who knows him, which takes the information even further from the source.  Now your source may well be telling the truth as they understand it, but by the time the information has dripped down to them you're in "purple monkey dishwasher" territory.

I guess I'm in the "I highly doubt it to be true but would not be massively surprised if it was" frame of mind.

Thank you so much for that……….it reflects how messages go around my place of work.  I work with idiots so I'll be incorporating this phrase into my response to stupid questions!  Much appreciated, guv'nor.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

This kind of modern fan engagement is a positive thing, whoever is in the room.

Up to a point. But only the SC&T has any legitimate claim to represent the fan base. Giving privileged access to podcasters is not the same as formal meetings with the SC&T and is likely to come across as an attempt to influence their content whatever the intention.

Is anybody going to gaze into Liam's baby blues and tell him his style of play is utterly boring? Is anybody going to ask Brian when we can expect to see the aggressive front football we were promised?

Unless any of us can turn up at the HPC and ask for a meeting perhaps we could have fans forums, Senior Reds meetings etc. where questions are not censored. Actual engagement not special favours in other words.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

But only the SC&T has any legitimate claim to represent the fan base.

Ha, tell that one to Steve and see the answer you get.

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Giving privileged access to podcasters is not the same as formal meetings with the SC&T and is likely to come across as an attempt to influence their content whatever the intention.

No it's not, and I'd not suggest that meetings with fan media/podcasts replaced things like the SC&T meetings, senior reds dinners, or fans forum(s). Absolutely not. 

@petehinton will correct me but I'd not considered that this was really an opportunity to quiz the club. More of an informal chat so that the podcasts can be a bit more informed when they discuss the club.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I said they had a legitimate claim. I didn't say the club took any notice of them! 😁

No it's not, and I'd not suggest that meetings with fan media/podcasts replaced things like the SC&T meetings, senior reds dinners, or fans forum(s). Absolutely not. 

I didn't think you were, more that the club should not seek to control what can be asked in any of those forums.

@petehinton will correct me but I'd not considered that this was really an opportunity to quiz the club. More of an informal chat so that the podcasts can be a bit more informed when they discuss the club.

Informed or informed with what the club wants them to say? I'm not imputing motives but it creates a perception and perceptions matter.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Informed or informed with what the club wants them to say? I'm not imputing motives but it creates a perception and perceptions matter.

Well yes, of course they get what the club gives them. It's then down to each podcast to decide how editorially independent they wish to be and how they communicate that to their listeners. That's no different to "traditional" media.

26 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

No id say this was definitely one that fell into the ‘quizzing’ and challenging column personally 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

I can't help but think that some people have their own agendas and are happy to spread BS against Tinnion because they want rid of him come what may. I can understand the upset if confidential matters are being disclosed without the sanction of the club, whether openly or not, but nobody as far as I can see has yet provided evidence that this is true.and I can't see that BT has been sanctioned by the club for transgressions. If the club are happy to have matters discussed and disclosed where is the axe to grind. Am I upset that one or some supporters may have more information than me, not really. That's life. Mountains out of molehills spring to mind. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I can't help but think that some people have their own agendas and are happy to spread BS against Tinnion because they want rid of him come what may. I can understand the upset if confidential matters are being disclosed without the sanction of the club, whether openly or not, but nobody as far as I can see has yet provided evidence that this is true.and I can't see that BT has been sanctioned by the club for transgressions. If the club are happy to have matters discussed and disclosed where is the axe to grind. Am I upset that one or some supporters may have more information than me, not really. That's life. Mountains out of molehills spring to mind. 

If the Club are happy for it then the rot is deep. Deeper than I thought.

It's a dysfunctional and poorly run Club and wider Organisation if so. Especially disclosing Undisclosed Fees in the public domain.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 4

40 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Is anybody going to gaze into Liam's baby blues and tell him his style of play is utterly boring?

There might be one person who might tell Liam how he’d do it, who he’d pick and in what formation.  Most others would be humble enough to admit that it’s not their place, and maybe think of a different way of approaching it / asking a question. 🤣

12 minutes ago, Olé said:

To save me scrolling through all 5 pages have we signed this Ian Gay guy or not and what position does he play?

He’s 5’4”, left winger, doesn’t like a challenge, high percentage of blocks when being defensive. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It was improving under Richard Gould or is that a myth?

He seemed very pro fan. I rated him and see him as a big loss for us (albeit in Cricket he is perhaps facing challenges).

100% yes. The previous Head of Comms was very guarded and defensive. Was all about protection and not outwardly looking 

• Like 2

If Ian has an inside line or if there is scope for greater engagement I'd love the chance to at least pitch the idea of Stoke possibly fiddling the Rules again to the Club as an issue for us to take up with the League. We do things totally by the book in this respect and it can't be right at this juncture.

The question is do I have an outlet apart from moaning online- perhaps Ian can take it up.

45 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Up to a point. But only the SC&T has any legitimate claim to represent the fan base. Giving privileged access to podcasters is not the same as formal meetings with the SC&T and is likely to come across as an attempt to influence their content whatever the intention.

Is anybody going to gaze into Liam's baby blues and tell him his style of play is utterly boring? Is anybody going to ask Brian when we can expect to see the aggressive front football we were promised?

Unless any of us can turn up at the HPC and ask for a meeting perhaps we could have fans forums, Senior Reds meetings etc. where questions are not censored. Actual engagement not special favours in other words.

Do they? No criticism but the SC&T leadership seem to be the same people as they were when I was a child. Without paying into it how do I influence who represents me? I for one don't like the idea of some of those who do "represent" the fanbase being the people who do. 

Do they pass the Tony Benn 5 questions for the entire fanbase?

The SC&T have a legitimate claim to represent the membership of the SC&T. Nothing else. 

9 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

If the club are happy to have matters discussed and disclosed where is the axe to grind.

If it is ok to be disclosed then why not put it in the public domain directly instead of doing it via a favoured, self-selecting group of fans?

On the other hand if it's confidential it shouldn't be shared with anyone.

Seems straightforward to me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's right to have a varied approach. If all they do is fans fora in Bristol pubs then that only serves one part of the fanbase. 

The podcasts have their own audiences and can potentially reach other fans, particularly those not based on Bristol.

I will always criticise the Club if I feel it is appropriate, but I'll also welcome new ideas, and give them the time to consider if they are effective.

I think the meeting that @petehinton describes sounds really positive - to the point that I think it's odd that the club aren't publicly talking about it (to my knowledge).

Think they plan to put something out. But it was only last night and probably not major enough of a deal for a whole post 

• Thanks 1

Just now, chinapig said:

If it is ok to be disclosed then why not put it in the public domain directly instead of doing it via a favoured, self-selecting group of fans?

On the other hand if it's confidential it shouldn't be shared with anyone.

Seems straightforward to me.

I don't understand the Club Strategy if this is an approach or it is their preferred approach, Chinapig- any ideas?

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's hard to keep track. Dave Barton?

Do you mean it was a myth or it was improving under RG?

Gould was excellent. He was open, engaging and everyone I’ve spoken to at  the club says his good he was.

Barton was the issue 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Exiled Robin said:

Gould was excellent. He was open, engaging and everyone I’ve spoken to at  the club says his good he was.

Barton was the issue 

Thank you. I thought he was very good from afar, only heard positives. 

Dave Barton he had his Twitter Private for one iirc which is ironic for a Head of Comms?

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I can confirm 100% that there were a number of fans at the training ground yesterday. 
They had a chat with Manning and also with the COO Tom Rawcliffe. 

What was discussed is not known to me, but there were definitely a group of fans who had a private chat. Nothing major, or controversial, just a chat. 

I am aware that Ian Gay was definitely there. And he was definitely having a chat with Tinnion. 
Again, what was said in that meeting is completely unknown to me and to the other fans who were there yesterday. So we have no idea if they were talking about transfers, contracts etc unless Gay himself has come out and told someone else. 

So yes - Gay was definitely having a private chat with Tinnion yesterday. 
But what was discussed is complete speculation, unless Gay himself has shared this with someone. 

The club (or at least Tinnion) are clearly happy with him being the unofficial mouthpiece of the club. 
Whether you think that’s right or wrong is entirely everyone’s own opinion. Me personally - it doesn’t bother me. 

It doesn't bother you that they chose an idiot or that they want an unofficial mouthpiece in general?

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Part of the discussion with Tom & Sheridan was around wider fans engagement and speaking to more people, more often. Definitely a push on this side but obviously lots of other things to do too

8 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

Do they? No criticism but the SC&T leadership seem to be the same people as they were when I was a child. Without paying into it how do I influence who represents me? I for one don't like the idea of some of those who do "represent" the fanbase being the people who do. 

The SC&T have a legitimate claim to represent the membership of the SC&T. Nothing else. 

Their meetings are held monthly and open to all to have a say

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

I’m mindful of this snowballing a bit here, and lots of accusations/assumptions being thrown about unnecessarily, so going to stick my head above the parapet for those of us who were there yesterday. 

As Harry mentioned, there was a very informal, no agenda meeting with myself, Paul B, the 3 peaps boys, Dan the Bristol live journo, Dave from FBC and Ian at the HPC yesterday afternoon. We met with Liam, Tom, and Sheridan the new head of comms. It was confirmed to us that the club are happy for it to be known publicly that this meet happened, I.e we can say we were there on the respective podcasts and it’s not some hush hush dirty secret. 

In all honesty, it was an incredibly discursive chat that had no minutes or structure, we were just allowed to chat openly about thoughts/feelings on anything club related, and ask Qs to Liam & Tom and then there were just natural builds and themes that came up. I think they’re very aware that fan & club/manager relationship & engagement needs to be improved, so how can we all collectively get to that point. They put stuff to us too, so was very much a two way thing. 

More informal chat settings is no doubt one of those, as each of our pods have had incredibly enlightening, funny, informative content we’ve been able to share with the wider fanbase with the powers that be as guests. That became (from an osib perspective, anyway) massively gatekept to the max over the last few years, to the point where it felt like not even worth doing, but the hope is with a new team and structure in place that that will ease and that becomes more accessible & frequent to the fans again. 

What was said will stay in the room largely (basically, we’re all grown ups, if stuff comes out it’ll be obvious where it came from, well a 1 in 6 chance anyway!) but tbh there wasn’t anything too mad anyway. 

Liam & Tom were very open and honest about things, as were we, and if anyone has watched any pre season content will see a real shift in Liam. I said even just from the fixture release day content, you can see that he’s almost finally feeling like it’s his club and doesn’t have the shadow of previous regime here him anymore. 

Overall, hopefully this is all pointing toward greater access to seeing the human side of Liam et al on a more regular basis, in a far more relaxed setting that isn’t on radio Bristol or on club socials that everyone will (understandably) moan isnt authentic etc.

Most important takeaway, Liam’s piercing blue eyes. Wowza. You could really swim in them!

Thank God.

@petehinton can we ask Sheridan to ban Tinns from Twitter and that any communication go via herself going forward to avoid all this speculation? - Plus stop him doing interviews.

Ever again.

Period.

At least with people who are not the press.

Ideally just take his phone from him and only allow him to use a club landline in the HPC that can only be used to talk to other clubs and agents would be good really.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I have to admit I'm for full disclosure. I believe there should be a rule change that does not allow undisclosed fees and that all transfer fees and length of contract should be fully disclosed. 

Thats not always up to us however - some clubs ask for ti their end so as to not come under heat from their own fans.

If it was solely up to us - agreed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Thank God.

@petehinton can we ask Sheridan to ban Tinns from Twitter and that any communication go via herself going forward to avoid all this speculation? - Plus stop him doing interviews.

Ever again.

Period.

At least with people who are not the press.

Ideally just take his phone from him and only allow him to use a club landline in the HPC that can only be used to talk to other clubs and agents would be good really.

I think this is probably one of her biggest challenges tbh. 

• Haha 4

If BT cannot be trusted to keep quiet on sensitive issues, then he shouldn't be in the Role. For me it is that simple.

He is getting indulged waaaay too much, I dunno you could restrict his duties and access to certain info or offer a shift back to his prior position.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BobBobBobbin said:

As the only properly constituted body formally recognised by the club they do indeed have a legitimate claim whether you like the individuals or not.

Fair enough if you don't want to participate but the SC&T at least seek our input on here and report back on meetings, in addition to the other good work they do.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

It doesn't bother you that they chose an idiot or that they want an unofficial mouthpiece in general?

Just doesn’t bother me either way. 
The bloke blocked me on Twitter years ago anyway so I don’t get to see his delightful insights. 
Never met the bloke but according to many reports, he’s a self-important gobby little opinionated know-it-all narcissist. 
Except now he’s a self-important gobby little opinionated know-it-all narcissist with a hotline to Tinnion and a freedom to post on social media. 

So be it. I don’t much care. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

Never met the bloke but according to many reports, he’s a self-important gobby little opinionated know-it-all narcissist. 
Except now he’s a self-important gobby little opinionated know-it-all narcissist with a hotline to Tinnion Ian and a freedom to post on social media. 

Tinnion or Ian? 😃

I see why they get on.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Olé said:

To save me scrolling through all 5 pages have we signed this Ian Gay guy or not and what position does he play?

You have to be ITK to have access to this information

• Flames 1

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

Just doesn’t bother me either way. 
The bloke blocked me on Twitter years ago anyway so I don’t get to see his delightful insights. 
Except now he’s a self-important gobby little opinionated know-it-all narcissist with a hotline to Tinnion and a freedom to post on social media. 

So be it. I don’t much care. 

Weren't you invited to the magic circle inner sanctum Harry?

My own view is that some dismiss it in here bit

QPR with Dickie

To a lesser degree Cornick with Luton given he was a fringe player.

Would not be amused by the potential Disclosure of Undisclosed Fees by a Senior Counterpart at a Championship indeed Fellow Club.

1 hour ago, Fuber said:

Thats not always up to us however - some clubs ask for ti their end so as to not come under heat from their own fans.

If it was solely up to us - agreed.

Agreed.

I should add Stoke defended a claim by Barnsley in respect of Disclosure of Liam Lindsay fee in 2019..Barnsley argued that it affected their Sales Price for Pinnock who went to Brentford but it seems very reckless.

I wonder if QPR and Luton are aware of the potential Dickie and Cornick fee discloure(s)?

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed.

I should add Stoke defended a claim by Barnsley in respect of Disclosure of Liam Lindsay fee in 2019..Barnsley argued that it affected their Sales Price for Pinnock who went to Brentford but it seems very reckless.

I wonder if QPR and Luton are aware of the potential Dickie and Cornick fee discloure(s)?

That's why I advocated a change in EFL rules to make disclosure compulsory. There are many things about the running of football clubs that need to be kept classified but I don't believe transfer fees is one of them. I don't see why as supporters we shouldn't be made aware of club spend and length of contract on transfers in and the amount received (if any) on transfers out.

• Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

It is good to know Brian and co are keeping their word in actively trying to restore a decent level of communication with fans. 

Having Bcfc podcasts in the loop is a very interesting step to take though. Will be intriguing to see how that decision plays out. 

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

That's why I advocated a change in EFL rules to make disclosure compulsory. There are many things about the running of football clubs that need to be kept classified but I don't believe transfer fees is one of them. I don't see why as supporters we shouldn't be made aware of club spend and length of contract on transfers in and the amount received (if any) on transfers out.

Yes I agree but that would require a majority of clubs.

Could propose it but who knows if it passes.

Dunno whether they are Regulations aligned with the PL, UEFA, FIFA etc.

7 minutes ago, George Rs said:

It is good to know Brian and co are keeping their word in actively trying to restore a decent level of communication with fans. 

Having Bcfc podcasts in the loop is a very interesting step to take though. Will be intriguing to see how that decision plays out. 

Restoring it to the position that it perhaps should be anyway then?

Some of the Fan Engagement Plan, well there will be a minimum level expected under EFL Regulations- not all but some.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

As the only properly constituted body formally recognised by the club they do indeed have a legitimate claim whether you like the individuals or not.

Fair enough if you don't want to participate but the SC&T at least seek our input on here and report back on meetings, in addition to the other good work they do.

Fair points, 

as a counter, the OTIB forum is not the totality (nor majority) of our fanbase. The topic of this very thread is not a member here, likewise the thread on X linked in Mr P's topic is a demonstration that many are not and do not want to engage with this forum (More fool them imo). More than that, this place isn't accessible. The forum has been turned off to non-members and what of those who have been banned?

I am on the SC&T Mailing list and a quick check reveals I haven't had an email since April (EOS Awards, before that I had an update about coach travel for a womens game in November '23.)

Not for one minute saying it's an easy job successfully representing anyone, by the way. Just pointing out that there are gaps. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

My annoyance is just rising tbh.

Manning and Hogg I like, those above much more varied. I'm sure these 2 didn't join to work in a scenario whereby a member of the top brass was selectively leaking to leaking like a sieve.

This is just tittle tattle to allow those who have an agenda to get off on this sort of thing.

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, cotswoldred2 said:

This is just tittle tattle to allow those who have an agenda to get off on this sort of thing.

You may say that. Maybe.

However Yu Hirakawa as Manning confirmed in the Press Conference 5his afternoon is out for 4-5 weeks.

Ian proclaimed it last night on Twitter.

Somebody is or some people are leaking info. Selectively or more persistently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If the Club are happy for it then the rot is deep. Deeper than I thought.

It's a dysfunctional and poorly run Club and wider Organisation if so. Especially disclosing Undisclosed Fees in the public domain.

What the hell is wrong with you? You need a break from here P getting concerning now.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Even for Tinnion (if all the comments on here are to believed) just brazenly inviting someone to his office to discuss sensitive contractual, legal, and club related things like tactics and transfer targets would be idiotic isn't it?

It's just utterly nonsensical to me. Unfortunately though given the last few months I'm not sure whether I actually believe it or not though!

Wavering? Don't fall for it, B.S.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've signed NDAs at work before. Sure loads have. Surely Tinnion has in such an important position??

It just seems bizarre, I dunno what they are trying to achieve through it one thing let alone Professionalism, dysfunctional etc.

But the more I read your replies.....YOU ARE ASSUMING IT IS ALL TRUE. This was made for you, and you ran with it.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 2

59 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Restoring it to the position that it perhaps should be anyway then?

Some of the Fan Engagement Plan, well there will be a minimum level expected under EFL Regulations- not all but some.

Yes it should’ve never of got to the point it did tbf but progress is progress and hopefully they continue to work on it even more. 

3 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Yes it should’ve never of got to the point it did tbf but progress is progress and hopefully they continue to work on it even more. 

Well let's okay let us hope they build on something.

Richard Gould was I understand moving in the right direction.

That said two Fans Forums- the 2nd one Away- and Open Training Sessions, that is a positive step.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If BT cannot be trusted to keep quiet on sensitive issues, then he shouldn't be in the Role. For me it is that simple.

He is getting indulged waaaay too much, I dunno you could restrict his duties and access to certain info or offer a shift back to his prior position.

Spot on Mr P.

Whilst we will never know the precise & finer details that he discussed with IG yesterday, it’s clear that he has on several occasions disclosed details that should be kept in-house. Maybe it is a genuine attempt by him to communicate more with supposedly knowledgeable fans but for me he lacks the professionalism required for the position he’s now in.

I was totally onboard with him in his Director of our Academy role, but now he’s been upgraded to a role calling for an entirely different skill set. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

30 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

Spot on Mr P.

Whilst we will never know the precise & finer details that he discussed with IG yesterday, it’s clear that he has on several occasions disclosed details that should be kept in-house. Maybe it is a genuine attempt by him to communicate more with supposedly knowledgeable fans but for me he lacks the professionalism required for the position he’s now in.

I was totally onboard with him in his Director of our Academy role, but now he’s been upgraded to a role calling for an entirely different skill set. 

Sorry mate, you’ve started this thread saying he was told transfer fees, targets, contracts, wages and all sorts… now we/you don’t know finer details of what was said? 🤔

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

"Bit more informed"?

Or less critical?

The proof will be in the pudding but it's very easy to become compromised once you've been given a bit of access.

Canny move by the club I'd say.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, BCFC K said:

Are Peterborough a poorly run club? Darragh McAnthony regularly discloses confidential content. 

Anyone who discloses Confidential Info just isn't fit for it.

Peterborough could do better frankly, Rotherham and their Yoyoing put them to shame a bit. Otoh they have a strong Player Trading Model but Barry Fry and Darragh McAnthony aren't exactly brilliant leaders.

2 minutes ago, BCFC K said:

I’m not sure what the relevance is of Rotherham, I find it quite strange that a poster on a forum is saying that a successful owner isn’t up to the job. 

Rotherham achieve better bang for their buck than Peterborough probably. Better run.

I find it quite strange that you appear to think nothing of the Gross Professionalism and Stupidity of a Senior Exec at a Football Club disclosing confidential info in the public domain!

The Undisclosed Fees for one.

• Like 1

Ah this MacAnthony?

From Spring 2010.

Screenshot_20240807-182312_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cf07a6bd2e19306f18b6f34b62224de9.jpg

Yeah great Owner..there are good and bad points about his Ownership at Peterborough but it's a non-sequiter if ever one existed.

If Tinnion signed an NDA as part of his Employment he shouldn't be telling Ian stuff if indeed he is.

15 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

"Bit more informed"?

Or less critical?

The proof will be in the pudding but it's very easy to become compromised once you've been given a bit of access.

Yep Captured Interests basically.

A bit like Regulatory Capture if people aren't careful.

18 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

"Bit more informed"?

Or less critical?

As I said above, it's up to the podcasts and the individuals on them to resist going native and maintain their editorial independence. Likewise the club have to accept that those they speak to may still be critical. This is not new as it's the same as in traditional media.

Some are going to be better than others.

Listeners will also decide. It's common opinion that 3 peaps is pretty pro-club, FBC has drifted that way, and OSIB went a little that way a few years ago before quite firmly reasserting itself. 

I don't think that Robins and the club are so machiavellian as to think they can control everyone. Can they control some people, of course, but I think that OSIB in particular has demonstrated it's resistance to becoming a mouthpiece.

Alternative opinions are available.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BCFC K said:

“If” being the key word. 

Well someone is clearly leaking.

Tinnion stated on the Radio or a Podcast the fee for Dickie and Cornick.

Ian the other day seemed to state the Hirakawa injury ahead of Manning confirming. 4-5 weeks he said.

He also stated one or two things about Conway this week.

Just now, BCFC K said:

Every club has leaks, no need to get so het up about it.

Confidential info like Transfer Fees being disclosed is misconduct at best.

If it's no big deal, let's email QPR and Luton and ask what they think.

Actually let's not but I've a feeling they won't appreciate it.

47 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Of the 3, OSIB strike me as the best hope to show fierce Independence.

Somewhere in the middle FBC.

3 Peaps, it is good for getting a club message out there once in a while but the most aligned definitely.

3 peaps 24/25 season preview is now out in case it hasn't been mentioned. I'll listen tomorrow and see how it aligns with osib and fbc.

• Thanks 1

I know the theory behind it, I'm just sceptical as to whether I entirely trust the Club with the Podcasters brought in to continue to let the robust analysis of certain Pod(s) continue and receive the same level of access.

Surely the Club should post something about it in the interest of transparency etc.

Mr P, not everything is a conspiracy.  Every club isn’t trying to cheat their way through FFP.  Not everything City do is divisive.

As cynical as I am on some areas / processes of the club, you have to let things play out.  This is a new venture, we should let those who attended decide first of all whether it’s a success, a good start or a cynical attempt to “onside them”.  Pete and Paul seem positive “early doors”.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

"Bit more informed"?

Or less critical?

Yep!

• Like 2