IGNORED

Derby away

NcnsBcfc

Got my 4 x general seating this morning from the sun lounger in Cephalonia.

What a response from supporters there. 2600 tickets available, with 1750 sold in 25 mins.

General seating all sold out, with only safe standing left (749 at present). It'll all be gone in the next hour or so.

No idea if they'll let us have anymore of course (unlikely), but fair play to everybody so far and an indication, that even with the new sky sports + coming, people still want to go to decent away games. 👏

• Like 1

I think the 2,600 is the full allocation.

Glad I jumped in and got our 4 early. Train tickets came in at £56 each so not too bad all round, decent day out expected. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Do we know the size of their Safe Standing Allocation Home and Away?

I am all for it fwiw, I just think ours perhaps could do with some expansion and or a 2nd Home Zone. Obviously there would need to be a proportion to Away Fans on top.

The safe standing allocation for us is 2025 with only 575 ‘regular’ seating tickets available.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The safe standing allocation for us is 2025 with only 575 ‘regular’ seating tickets available.

Thanks.

I read online that they had up to 2.34k Safe Standing in the Away End.

Whether that is ongoing Idk or if it has changed since last December. 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20240807-160308_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c3ab7b9f79e78d2cd534b1005c6c8e68.jpg

One of easier to get to games up to the end of November, slim pickings for easyish away Saturday games besides that, especially when your starting point is South Devon.

Hull, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Preston and Norwich the others, all difficult or impossible to do by train in a day.

24 minutes ago, Midred said:

No sitting tickets available? I'm passed the stage of standing for

2 1/2 hours! 🙄

Can't you still sit in the Safe Standing area ? Just stand during the game.

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Can't you still sit in the Safe Standing area ? Just stand during the game.

You can sit in the standing area, when you're not standing, but you can't stand in the sitting area except during the pre-match when standing or sitting is allowed.

I think I need to sit down!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

You can sit in the standing area, when you're not standing, but you can't stand in the sitting area except during the pre-match when standing or sitting is allowed.

I think I need to sit down!

No you need to stand up 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Already discussed on another thread,  not all 2600 tickets have been released so more will be available.

Been told that they have all been released and just 5-600 left, would of been surprised if this didn't sell out as it's the only decent away game with a reasonable KO time in the first 3-4 months

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

Been told that they have all been released and just 5-600 left, would of been surprised if this didn't sell out as it's the only decent away game with a reasonable KO time in the first 3-4 months

Poster on here yesterday said they logged in at 10am and not all tickets had been released. This makes sense because if we had sold 1750 in 25 minutes there would have been no more tickets left by now. 

7 minutes ago, redkev said:

Preferred the baseball ground great atmosphere , deffo no seats , shite pitch , very lively outside - old school football 

What an area. I can remember we parked and walked down columbo street to the ground, where we played spot the grass. Good atmosphere though. 

25 minutes ago, redkev said:

Preferred the baseball ground great atmosphere , deffo no seats , shite pitch , very lively outside - old school football 

Loved the baseball ground, i remember a particularly lively walk back to the train station one season !!! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Loved the baseball ground, i remember a particularly lively walk back to the train station one season !!! 

Was that the Sunday afternoon game? Live on TV..think we beat them, Junior Bent scored...the locals weren't happy 😁

43 minutes ago, redkev said:

My first away game in the old first division . 

Walked down the road to the ground and they had doors bolted in front of the windows as protection. I wondered what we had let ourselves in for. Always liked going there though , usually interesting , the 4-3 being my fav trip.

20 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Walked down the road to the ground and they had doors bolted in front of the windows as protection. I wondered what we had let ourselves in for. Always liked going there though , usually interesting , the 4-3 being my fav trip.

20 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Yes I remember the 4-3

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Was that the Sunday afternoon game? Live on TV..think we beat them, Junior Bent scored...the locals weren't happy 😁

No, back in the top flight in the late '70s 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BCFC1512 said:

We really are not as big as we think we are, are we. Or am I being harsh.

surely we should be selling out Derby fair quick once general sale hits! A Middlesbrough or Sheffield weds would in Minutes!!

Such a ridiculous post. 🤣

We don’t claim to be a big club and we certainly don’t compare ourselves to Sheffield Weds and Middlesbrough.

• Like 5

I think we’re quite well supported considering we’ve never done anything significant in football. Would these bigger clubs have the fanbase or the followings they get if they had our history? No trophies, No European nights, No European trips, no time spent in the Premier league….

Edited by BS3 Ark at Ee
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

I think we’re quite well supported considering we’ve never done anything significant in football. Would these bigger clubs have the fanbase or the followings they get if they had our history? No trophies, No European nights, No European trips, no time spent in the Premier league….

Absolutely.

Our home crowds have increased by % more than any Championship club since Covid despite 3 mid/lower mid table seasons with little to get excited about. Last season we averaged over 1400 away, selling out 11 matches with non sell out large followings at Stoke, Leeds and Forest on a Tuesday night.

We’ve got great support, but I don’t know any of them that strut around like Gasheads claiming we’re a huge club. 

• Like 4

On 07/08/2024 at 16:38, ralphindevon said:

One of easier to get to games up to the end of November, slim pickings for easyish away Saturday games besides that, especially when your starting point is South Devon.

Hull, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Preston and Norwich the others, all difficult or impossible to do by train in a day.

Went on line to check tickets for Derby for a friend, looked Friday and 250 or more standing ones and same general, was told all available out there now but not exactly flowing , but just now 93 standing and 200 or so general left , I had booked a week or do back and friend got them this morning but obviously a bit of movement probably due to yesterday, hope fully will sell out now 

5 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Any idea how many sold so far? 

We have 2600 allocation , as far as I know all tickets on sale now , just now 50 odd standing and 210 general left so 250 odd short of allocation , 

2350 sold on that basis 

• Like 1

does anyone have or know of any safe standing spares going? was waiting for confirmation from someone and they’ve gone from 8 remaining down to 1.

there are still quite a few ‘general’ tickets left - is that more or less the same? i’ve not done pride park before so any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by jbcfc

14 minutes ago, jbcfc said:

does anyone have or know of any safe standing spares going? was waiting for confirmation from someone and they’ve gone from 8 remaining down to 1.

there are still quite a few ‘general’ tickets left - is that more or less the same? i’ve not done pride park before so any advice would be appreciated.

I'd keep on checking the OS, one has just become available.

You'll find one or two will randomly appear every now and then.

As for the general sale, I'd imagine so but perhaps it'll be harder to stand if that's your preference!

Edited by JBFC II

41 minutes ago, jbcfc said:

I think the general sale tickets are properly seated, we had something like 2100 standing seated and 500 ish seated , it’s the latter that there is couple of hundred left

NB Only showing general seats now on site 

Edited by Cov 77

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

I'd keep on checking the OS, one has just become available.

You'll find one or two will randomly appear every now and then.

As for the general sale, I'd imagine so but perhaps it'll be harder to stand if that's your preference!

49 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

I think the general sale tickets are properly seated, we had something like 2100 standing seated and 500 ish seated , it’s the latter that there is couple of hundred left

NB Only showing general seats now on site 

thanks for the advice on the general section - i’ll avoid that as i would like to stand. just need the two but there was only one left when i went to book. probably should’ve just grabbed them but will keep my eye out for any spares going. 👍🏼

Edited by jbcfc
  • Like 1

On 19/08/2024 at 20:07, jbcfc said:

thanks for the advice on the general section - i’ll avoid that as i would like to stand. just need the two but there was only one left when i went to book. probably should’ve just grabbed them but will keep my eye out for any spares going. 👍🏼

Just under 300 have been added to our allocation for the safe standing section, looks like your patience has been rewarded!

• Like 1

I'm a critic of Away Allocations but this is an example of a club who should and doubtless will get a good one at AG.

What irks me is when we give a big one while a club with a similar or larger capacity give us 2k or similar. Reciprocation is fine.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What irks me is when we give a big one while a club with a similar or larger capacity give us 2k or similar. Reciprocation is fine.

In fairness we usually take between 1000-1500 to Derby for a Saturday game. We’ve been there 12 times in the last 16 years so there’s no novelty value to boost sales like when the Gas had their first visit to Pride Park in 2 decades a couple of seasons ago. I think they pitched the initial allocation fairly based on past sales.

I don’t know why we’ve sold so many for this one? Probably a number of reasons but our away support last season was excellent. Couple that with the biggest increase in home crowds by % of any Championship club since Covid and it’s fair to say that as fans we’re doing our bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

In fairness we usually take between 1000-1500 to Derby for a Saturday game. We’ve been there 12 times in the last 16 years so there’s no novelty value to boost sales like when the Gas had their first visit to Pride Park in 2 decades a couple of seasons ago. I think they pitched the initial allocation fairly based on past sales.

I don’t know why we’ve sold so many for this one? Probably a number of reasons but our away support last season was excellent. Couple that with the biggest increase in home crowds by % of any Championship club since Covid and it’s fair to say that as fans we’re doing our bit.

COYR yes our support is better than ever and a win Saturday will see it improve again and this fixture at derby as someone said is not a novelty new ground as I’ve been there about 8 times but I see us taking over 3000 which is great support COYR 

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see if all those who want to stand have got tickets in the right area and therefore people who want to sit won't have people stood Infront of them.

First time planning to do an away game in ages this Saturday, buzzing. Website says collection only but I live in Manchester. It says I’ve missed the deadline for tickets to be sent to me. Is there no way of getting digital tickets? 

Can anyone offer any advice?

1 hour ago, E.G.Red said:

Will they be available for collection in the week? Made a mistake in that as they are normally open till 4 on a Saturday the ticket office would be open after the game on Saturday but all shut up .

They are normally available to collect from the shop on week days I believe. The shop only has limited hours though.

The ticket office is never open after the match. Staff are often in on match days really early. You can't expect them to work 10 or 12 hour days every day.