IGNORED

Bristol Derby Incoming!

I genuinely can’t recall the last time we played Rovers at any kind of level approaching senior football, so the GFA Cup draw today is interesting news.

Good practice for when our U23s enter the pizza cup (or whatever it is now) - and more pertinently, do we think this might be played at Ashton?

6 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Why would our 21's enter the EFL Trophy? 

However its good thing we kept our u18's together last season then :fear:

I think that’s what it’s all about. We haven’t won a trophy with this group and we need to focus on that as opposed to anything else.

9 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Gloucester cup every pre or end of season guaranteed lively back in the day...... 

Very lively, i remember being on Stapleton Rd in the mid '70s after the game one night as a twelve year old with my City scarf stuffed down my trousers thinking what the **** am i doing here and how do i get back to KW !!! They could actually raise a mob in those days

33 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think that’s what it’s all about. We haven’t won a trophy with this group and we need to focus on that as opposed to anything else.

There was some criticism of the way the team was kept together last year, but I quite like it. 

I know some professional players feel the U21/U23 set up doesn't prepare youngsters for proper competitive football, it's all geared to the individual and their pathway into the first team. I feel that giving our lads a goal in trying to win their cup last season, builds a better team ethic and encourages players to play for each other. 

3 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Very lively, i remember being on Stapleton Rd in the mid '70s after the game one night as a twelve year old with my City scarf stuffed down my trousers thinking what the **** am i doing here and how do i get back to KW !!! They could actually raise a mob in those days

Not as exciting as being chased as an early teen around that time - with a few others with City scarfs tied around our wrists - down the Tote by some knife wielding maniacs when we arrived at the back of the stand at KO time not realising that segregation had been introduced and everyone else was at the opposite Muller Road end. 

Stood our ground, despite being sussed, on the Grange Town End around that time of following City but that evening on the Tote was definitely one for the ‘flight, not fight’ mode. Try to erase that memory and replace it with the Glos Cup ‘Tulips on The Tote’ 5-0 night, but that incident still qualifies as my biggest ‘oh shit’ moment in visiting away grounds. 

• Haha 2

• Admin
4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I genuinely can’t recall the last time we played Rovers at any kind of level approaching senior football, so the GFA Cup draw today is interesting news.

Good practice for when our U23s enter the pizza cup (or whatever it is now) - and more pertinently, do we think this might be played at Ashton?

Play it at AG8, £5 entry and fill the ground 😁

5 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Couldn’t raise a flag nowadays 

So it appears there is no U21 fixture today, obviously no comms to contradict the last info available apart from the fact it has disappeared off the fixture list

Next up, the Young Robins welcome Millwall to the Robins High Performance Centre on Monday, October 14th at 2pm. 

There is however a new fixture been added - Is this the Glos Cup Final ?

image.thumb.png.3849a72437321d76f42752a35073b420.png

1 hour ago, BCFC1512 said:

Ffs why isn’t this at AG and an evening kickoff 

Probably because they know even a first round under 21 game would attract idiots and ********* from both sides. You wanna subject young teenage players to that?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Probably because they know even a first round under 21 game would attract idiots and ********* from both sides. You wanna subject young teenage players to that?

I went to the Under 18 cup game against Swindon at Ashton Gate and there were definitely idiots there and Police in attendance.

Hardly what you want to see at a game like that 

Edited by Back of the Dolman
  • Flames 1