IGNORED

Hull City away match day thread

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Unan said:

Got to watch the Blackburn Derby game tonight, Derby 31st August & then Blackburn our next game after

I'll settle for just watching them against us thanks 🙂

• Haha 1

Impossible to really know how this one will go, but it does seem the proverbial “good time to play” Hull as they don’t appear to have settled down with a reasonable turnover of players and coaching staff, and a pretty horrendous set of pre season results. To repeat the oft made point, we do seem to have a favourable start and need to make the best of it but we do appear very toothless.

The safe money says a 0-0. The “biggest bit” for me though will be whether we carry over the intent from last season or it’s a bit more reserved once again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

Well.

Love the rollercoaster. 

Could there be an easier first game if the season?

Fully expect to win this game! 

Read the post and I’m thinking what’s a Hull fan doing on our forum 👀

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Great as ever @Jerseybean. Just one thing. Was it really necessary to mention the Wembley playoff?

I know, have managed to whittle it down to just one line but can’t quite get to not including it! 

However traumatic it will forever be a memory when Hull are mentioned! 

Okay a bit of what we may face tomorrow. Hull are virtually injury free fwiw, just the one.

Screenshot_20240809-174502_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a28b2a2df6ce1cd58045724f8471d314.jpg

Hull owner wants them to attach relentlessly, it is a cited reason for sacking Rosemior.

They'll probably go 4-2-3-1..either likely Drameh and Giles at fullback or Giles will be high on one of the wings ie wide in a 4-2-3-1.

If we go a back 3, 2 v 1 could be a weak point. Not least if we our Sykes at LWB or something daft.

Otoh if Giles at full back and we play our back 4 into 3 and vice versa as at times in pre-season perhaps we can look to hone in on space behind...is he a natural LB by trade?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

24 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A Giles-Millar left side will be a bit of a challenge if they go that way..potentially very attack minded.

Tanner-Sykes on the right? Could offer opportunities on the break for sure.

Reading their forum they seem susceptible to being hit on the break. I think that’s where we will have our joy. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

Reading their forum they seem susceptible to being hit on the break. I think that’s where we will have our joy. 

Yeah I do get that impression.

If it is e.g. having looked further a..

Drameh-Omur

Giles-Millar

Threat and yet opportunity. Both can drift in...room for Sykes on the right, Pring and Bell/Mehmeti on the left.

Owner wanting a certain brand of football could assist away sides too, especially early on with all the changes there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

To repeat the oft made point, we do seem to have a favourable start and need to make the best of it but we do appear very toothless.

A “favourable start” SD?

Turn it around, those favourable teams we are playing, what do you think they’re saying about playing us? I reckon they’re probably thinking, bang average Bristol City, decent chance of 3 points there. 

So, probably good that we’ve managed to avoid Leeds and Burnley, but so have most teams and other than that, it’s no more “favourable” a start than everyone else as far as I can see 😁

Edit: I’ve just realised my pessimistic outlook is returning before we’ve even kicked a ball 🤣

Edited by Kibs

3 hours ago, Red Billy said:

It’s the same every year! We start so strong and just drop off after the first game! 🤣IMG_0679.thumb.png.dff068100d2e9d4147451d28f95b6049.png

After tonight we're out of the Automatic promotion places already :laugh:.

Edited by pillred

53 minutes ago, Maldini said:

Have we heard what the target is for this season from Lansdown? I saw Manning say “progess” is the aim.

At least they're learning from their mistakes!

Progress is a good enough target for me. At least 10% improvement. 

• Like 1

Overseas supporters can watch tomorrow afternoon’s match at Hull City (12:30pm kick off).

Robins TV will be streaming the first match of the new Sky Bet Championship season for international fans.

With multi-camera coverage, pre and post-match analysis, passes are available for just £10, or you can purchase an annual pass for £180. 

Leroy Rosenior will be in the studio, with pre-match coverage starting at 12pm. 

Other options include a monthly video pass for £45, while domestic supporters can purchase an annual and monthly audio pass for the 24/25 season with commentary from BBC Radio Bristol.

17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Giles and Millar left hand side Could be a challenge.

If in time he is easily their best option for that position.

Will be interesting to see if Giles is included…still talk that he’s off to Boro.

45 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

For anyone planning to take the train from London, all trains from Kings Cross are cancelled due to overhead line problems so seek an alternative route 

Never , when the drivers aren’t on strike the equipment is , why can not get a decent rail service , for what they charge it should run much better than it does 

I think anything less than a point today is going to be disappointing. Compared to Hull we have a settled squad, better depth and less gaps left to fill. Quite excited to see how Hull approach the game. By all accounts Tim Walters sides are very aggressive. Having had a quick read of the Hull forum their fans seem in a similar position to ours, hoping for the playoffs but with the understanding that that needs quite a lot to go right. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Masked Man said:

I think anything less than a point today is going to be disappointing. Compared to Hull we have a settled squad, better depth and less gaps left to fill. Quite excited to see how Hull approach the game. By all accounts Tim Walters sides are very aggressive. Having had a quick read of the Hull forum their fans seem in a similar position to ours, hoping for the playoffs but with the understanding that that needs quite a lot to go right. 

It’s the first game of the season, we need to be level, not get on our high horse our new players still need time to gel, Hull will still be a danger to us and still got a fairly decent side, if we win great if we lose there’s still another 45 games! 

Edited by HengroveReds
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Overseas supporters can watch tomorrow afternoon’s match at Hull City (12:30pm kick off).

Robins TV will be streaming the first match of the new Sky Bet Championship season for international fans.

With multi-camera coverage, pre and post-match analysis, passes are available for just £10, or you can purchase an annual pass for £180. 

Leroy Rosenior will be in the studio, with pre-match coverage starting at 12pm. 

Other options include a monthly video pass for £45, while domestic supporters can purchase an annual and monthly audio pass for the 24/25 season with commentary from BBC Radio Bristol.

Currently in Australia and considering this...might stay awake until half time depending on how many Tasmanian ciders I've had by then👀

• Like 1

Bristol Live predicting Bell as a starter. Based on pre season line ups, that's probably what will happen but I don't get it. 

Manning must see something in training that I don't see in matches. 

I think it really is now or never for Sam to show if he had what it takes at this level. 

Or does it say more about the lack of real competition in the wide areas?

Really hoping I have to eat my words in a few hours.

Otherwise, can't wait for the game and to see if a stable side and a full pre season can start to bring in consistent results. 

COYR!!!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jimbo76 said:

Bristol Live predicting Bell as a starter. Based on pre season line ups, that's probably what will happen but I don't get it. 

Manning must see something in training that I don't see in matches. 

I think it really is now or never for Sam to show if he had what it takes at this level. 

Or does it say more about the lack of real competition in the wide areas?

Really hoping I have to eat my words in a few hours.

Otherwise, can't wait for the game and to see if a stable side and a full pre season can start to bring in consistent results. 

COYR!!!!

I don’t rate Bell at all. I just see a lower league player who is only there because of Mickey Bell. Hope im wrong. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 2

I think there is an argument that we're playing Hull at a good time.  As ever, 1st goal really important,  if we get it, it will reaffirm their fans fears they've had a bad preseason & haven't replaced enough talent.

Personally, I'd be happy with a point, but you can bookmark this & use it for pretty much any away game in this league.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I don’t rate Bell at all. I just see a lower league player who is only there because of Mickey Bell. Hope im wrong. 

Before his unfortunate injury he had just started to blossom. Let’s hope he can breakthrough this season. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

27 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

He seems to pop up with goals and seems a bit of a good fox in the box, but his all round play doesn't feel good enough. He has bulked up a bit this summer so see if that might make a difference.

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Before his unfortunate injury he had just started to blossom. Let’s hope he can breakthrough this season. 

And his very calm lob in preseason suggests he's feeling confident. Would be delighted if him, Fally or Sincs can get one today.