IGNORED

Hull City away match day thread

People will say it’s a robbery, but that’s what happens when you’re absolutely terrible in the final third. 

we’ll feel hard done by, but Hull have come out of this with more shots on target than us, and forced Max into two excellent saves, which is much more than we can say

• Like 6
  • Confused 2
  • Flames 3

2 minutes ago, OJ009 said:

Poor decision. 50/50 challenge. Unlucky Max, went the right way. 

We have some poor takes on here. But bemused how it's a poor decision. Went for it. Didn't get it. Pen.

• Like 1

Gutted. Feels like a loss.

Williams should go to each of his team mates - who put so much energy and left it all out on the pitch - and apologise. Just totally rash and beyond stupid challenge.

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

So he has a new 3 year contract that everyone was worried that he wouldn’t sign and now he’s a liability ? 
:dunno:

I never rated him and thought we never have offered him a new contract.  He’s a liability whichever way you look at it

• Like 1

Penalty shouldn’t have mattered, we should have been out of sight by half time. The good news is we are creating chances, the bad news is it looks like Manning is counting on Twine being part of the team, and we’re scared of shooting

• Like 3

Just now, MythikRobins said:

Frustrating but enjoyable game of football. If we play like that we will certainly win more games than we draw or lose. 

Depends. Our decision making in and out of possession at time is diabolical.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

A point away from home in this league is always hard fought- but felt three were their for the taking today, we looked poor in the final third bar that moment of quality from Fally

2 points dropped, yet again. When will they learn!

• Like 1

Just now, Saborios Socks said:

Drop him. Simple as that.

Agree. I wasn’t really a fan of his contract being renewed. I was hoping TGH was going to come on and replace him, especially as he was on a yellow. For me her is a Pack type player, good enough, but slows us down, speed of thought is too slow and offers nothing going forward. I’m not saying he is a bad player, just does not support the way I’d like to see us play. 

• Like 1

Joe Williams - amusing but ill disciplined. How utterly unprofessional was that challenge?

Hey ho. Some good signs. Cracking goal and some lovely controlled build up play. 

Williams can warm the bench for a few weeks. Let the side down today.

• Like 2

City are 11th. This will be as good as it gets for the season. City is a “don’t” team - don’t concede many, don’t score many, don’t threaten relegation or promotion. 

(It’s always best to start the season a bit pessimistic as things can only get better) 

• Like 2

Absolutely scandalous from Joe Williams, which really took the shine off a decent away performance. 

Abit more quality required in the final third, which we knew before the game but it was nice to see us take the game to Hull as often as we could.

Real positive is the two forwards (Armstrong and Mayulu) who were both very good in different ways. 

• Like 2

Very frustrating. Sadly Joe gave our friend Mr Stroud, the opportunity to give a soft pen, silly boy.

Lovely goal by Fally but we've left 2 points up there tbh, the better side by some margin IMHO.

The high press looked good tho.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

So he has a new 3 year contract that everyone was worried that he wouldn’t sign and now he’s a liability ? 
:dunno:

I didn’t say he was a liability overall. I said it was a ludicrous challenge, which it undeniably was. 

Just now, RedRock said:

Gutted. Feels like a loss.

Williams should go to each of his team mates - who put so much energy and left it all out on the pitch - and apologise. Just totally rash and beyond stupid challenge.

I like Joe, but in some ways we saw the worst of him today. Didn’t have a great game overall, but the low points, obviously, were the totally unnecessary yellow card early in the game and the awful, awful challenge for the penalty. Typical of him, I’m afraid.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

People will say it’s a robbery, but that’s what happens when you’re absolutely terrible in the final third. 

we’ll feel hard done by, but Hull have come out of this with more shots on target than us, and forced Max into two excellent saves, which is much more than we can say

Fair point.

For all the promising situations we found ourselves in, we created very few quality clear cut chances.

I would have settled for that result before KO, I would love to know how many times we have thrown points away late as opposed to rescuing them as to me it seems it's us that end up throwing away the win most of the time.

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Very frustrating. Sadly Joe gave our friend Mr Stroud, the opportunity to give a soft pen, silly boy.

Lovely goal by Fally but we've left 2 points up there tbh, the better side by some margin IMHO.

The high press looked good tho.

It wasn’t a soft pen.  

• Like 5

Glad my sky + wasn’t ready to use, fear I may have smashed screen in total frustration.  But after over 70 years of support should be used to City by now, but every season believe the puff put out by the club

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Not sure where your stats are from, but from Flashscore;

Hull attempts at goal 9

Hull attempts on target 4

City attempts on goal 17

City attempts on target 4

Goalkeeper saves 3 each

https://www.flashscore.co.uk/match/2meCcXHP/#/match-summary/match-summary

• Like 1

Did I mention ‘roller coaster’ in the opening line of the MDT!?

Welcome back everyone to those gut-wrenching feelings that only watching City can generate!

on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 = utterly) how frustrating a result was that? I’ll give it a 8.5 based on the unnecessary foul by JW, the 91st minute and our general control of the game overall.

To be clear I’m referencing the result not the performance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Williams let the team down there. Cost us 3 points. Reckless and off the pace. Awful.

What's cost us, is the fact he's changed the shape after 90 mins, of which they didn't really threaten. It takes a little time to adjust, meaning people may not be in their original positions, hence why the penalty was given away. Gutted

• Like 3

Same old story we cant kill off teams when we are on top Hopefully the board will finally realise we need more firepower a 10 and another striker fox in the box type. It also goes to show Memheti and Bell are not championship quality yet and should be sent out on loan

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

Just now, Barrs Court Red said:

It wasn’t a soft pen.  

Williams is a disgrace. He cost us the game. Never rated him so no surprise. I’d sooner have kept Bird on and played him in his correct position. Williams does not need to attack that ball. Makes you wonder also will we weren’t in for Millar, put our abysmal wide players to shame 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Penalty shouldn’t have mattered, we should have been out of sight by half time. The good news is we are creating chances, the bad news is it looks like Manning is counting on Twine being part of the team, and we’re scared of shooting

We have been scared of shooting pretty much since Jimmy Mann left the team! Which unfortunately corresponds with most people on here’s experience of watching us play…

Edited by Dr Balls
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

That’s what I initially thought, but definitely a pen, you go in like that you absolutely have to win the ball, anything less then you clatter the player in the box. That said Williams should have been much closer to him in the first place, so 2 mistakes.

Our issue remains the final 3rd still, shit decisions and poor crossing. Does Scott Twine have some dark magic about him that enables our wide players to actually get a decent cross in? Else he’s not going to be our saviour. Decent crossing and we perhaps should have had 2 or 3

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Can we just have Joe Williams on a contract that’s always about to expire, the only way we’ll see the best of him.

Williams the apparent dressing room joker?....with his Liverpudlian banter?   Lets hear the phecker make a joke about that?    Had to get that off my chest!  Ha!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Glad my sky + wasn’t ready to use, fear I may have smashed screen in total frustration.  But after over 70 years of support should be used to City by now, but every season believe the puff put out by the club

In fairness we played quite well but...The final third leaves something to be desired.

The penalty was a brainless challenge too.

Just now, Shauntaylor85 said:

He does. Armstrong is not a striker. Play him wide. Sell Sykes and Cornick and get another powerful wide player in and an ACM. 

Disagree on Armstrong. He pushes defences back 5-10 yards with his pace on the last defender which gives our midfield more space. I thought he played ok.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

Joe Williams doesn’t take you forward as a club.

no idea why he was offered a new contract. 

Certainly not his biggest fan, but i can understand why he was given the deal - King was retiring, Matty James wasn’t wanted by the club and then we have Williams. Losing all 3 of those experienced players would of been very worrying & Williams made the most sense to keep. 

Not as bad as many are making out. The approach play was a definite improvement on last season, the final most important bit was as bad (not worse) imo.

Get a Number 10 in and we’ll cause teams problems and score more often. Armstrong put in a very good shift and Fally is up and running. Back four pretty solid overall.

Let down by a couple of poor decisions, particularly Williams who should be given £100 cash and told to get the train home!! Bird is a very good replacement for James but overall our recruitment is not screaming top 6.

The hierarchy must be able to see that some quality incoming will make the difference. Over to the TD to do his job rather than reposting shite on X……….

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 7
  • Flames 3