IGNORED

Hull City away match day thread

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Armstrong is a bad call, he's the reason Hull are panicking at the back a lot, he's working damn hard and causing problems. Sykes hasn't played bad, he's just playing the tactics he's been told to, only reason to take him off would be a few bad crosses. Mehmeti isn't playing bad either, just gets the ball very wide and you can see he wants to come into the middle which is why I said I'd give him a chance there. Williams... yeah he needs to go off, worst player on the pitch by a considerable amount atm.

I like Williams as a player but I can’t help feeling there is a contradiction in that Manning wants us to control games but then picking Williams as well as Knight and Bird suggests more of a containment strategy than a “control” strategy. There is more of a risk to having two midfielders and then either Wells or Mehmeti behind Armstrong but it is a risk I feel we should take.

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

I like Williams as a player but I can’t help feeling there is a contradiction in that Manning wants us to control games but then picking Williams as well as Knight and Bird suggests more of a containment strategy than a “control” strategy. There is more of a risk to having two midfielders and then either Wells or Mehmeti behind Armstrong but it is a risk I feel we should take.

Bird is the technical player of those 3..control can come in different ways.

Not read any of this thread but we have had numerous chances to take advantage of them being sloppy in possession and our final ball has been woeful. Looking great on the press but unless we improve the quality it will really cost us. 

13 minutes ago, SydneyCity said:

Get Naismith on. Tell the players to stop overthinking it in the final third. Loosen the rigid structures by pinging some longer, hopeful, balls in towards or in front of Armstrong.

Replace Williams with Naismith,, couldn't be any worse.

We're too rigid and imo constrained by team orders- bloody frustrating to watch!!

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bird is the technical player of those 3..control can come in different ways.

Yeah - I worded that badly but meant I think a midfield of Knight and Bird should be able to control games and adding a third midfielder suggests a lack of full confidence in them to do so. 

10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Putting aside the fact Williams has had a shocker, who do you drop to fit Twine in? 

But ultimately he's not our player and he didn't make a huge difference when on loan here. 

Bird alongside knight creates the space for Twine 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Conway never looked fully at home on his own up-front. That said, whilst I understand him not being involved pre-season, I would be using him in the squad for competitive games for as long as he remains here.

Jury out IMO...

I still see him as our best striker. Still the hierarchy can't back down?

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

Yeah - I worded that badly but meant I think a midfield of Knight and Bird should be able to control games and adding a third midfielder suggests a lack of full confidence in them to do so. 

I just think it is how the Championship goes..2 v 3 in midfield, hmm. Can depend on Home or Away, opposition strength etc.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

How are we not winning this? Many promising things. Pity one of them isn’t finishing! 

Same sh1t as last year. Horrific quality around the box. Not even any individual flair. 
We should be 2 or 3 clear here comfortably.