IGNORED

Ephraim Yeboah

36 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Can`t find the old thread about the lad but he came on after 75 for Donny today at the same time as Billy Sharp. Playing a bit with someone like that has to be a good experience for a young striker.

Old enough to be his dad 

• Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Can`t find the old thread about the lad but he came on after 75 for Donny today at the same time as Billy Sharp. Playing a bit with someone like that has to be a good experience for a young striker.

That’s the exact thing I was going to say, can do no more learning from someone like Sharp.

Hes been a consistent scorer throughout his career and has clearly looked after himself due to his longevity so could be a good role model 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

That’s the exact thing I was going to say, can do no more learning from someone like Sharp.

Hes been a consistent scorer throughout his career and has clearly looked after himself due to his longevity so could be a good role model 

Just as long as he doesn’t learn too much of Sharp’s attitude towards City fans! 

• Like 1

So is he not as good as the West Ham lad we've brought in on the right side? Always seemed well able to cope when our Nige brought him on late in games. His pace and aggression lifted both the team and fans. But I suppose getting someone from West Ham sounds a bit more exciting.

Edited by WECANDO
Spelling errors.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Facepalm 7

5 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

So is he not as good as the West Ham lad we've brought in on the right side? Always seemed well able to cope when our Nige brought him on late in games. His pace and aggression lifted both the team and fans. But I suppose getting someone from West Ham sounds a bit more exciting.

I don’t remember him the way you do - I thought he sometimes struggled to do anything with the ball - rather like Mehmeti - he had a tendency mostly when receiving it centrally to pass it back. He needs a run in a team as a regular starter - he won’t get that with us, or a Championship team. A loan is much better than our bench.

Completely different player to Earthy so strange comparison!

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Earthy is the real deal, Yeboah is still raw and needs to learn a fair bit!! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, WECANDO said:

Probably not, no.

3 hours ago, WECANDO said:

A Completely erroneous comparison...........one is a striker, who is playing in Div2,   the other a midfielder who has played at England U-20 Level, and is on loan from the Prem, and playing 2 leagues above in the Championship?.  There is also a 2 year age difference which at this stage in their career's is significant?   By the way "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" George!     Who is 20 Tomorrow

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, WECANDO said:

Our Nige ?

😂

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, WECANDO said:

I'm not even sure there's a comparison to be made there as they're both completely different types of players.

But I struggle to see how anyone can say Yeboah should be in our first team squad right now based on his appearances last year. He looked incredibly raw and in terms of an attacking threat offered very little. He did however, work incredibly hard and think that won people over more than his actual performances.

Getting 20-30 games of men's football under his belt will be so beneficial and will really allow us to see what his ceiling is and where he currently fits in.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

I'm not even sure there's a comparison to be made there as they're both completely different types of players.

But I struggle to see how anyone can say Yeboah should be in our first team squad right now based on his appearances last year. He looked incredibly raw and in terms of an attacking threat offered very little. He did however, work incredibly hard and think that won people over more than his actual performances.

Getting 20-30 games of men's football under his belt will be so beneficial and will really allow us to see what his ceiling is and where he currently fits in.

I agree, but I would be happier to have our academy backfilling injuries than have 9 senior subs and 2 or 3 other seniors not even getting into the 20, which could happen soon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I agree, but I would be happier to have our academy backfilling injuries than have 9 senior subs and 2 or 3 other seniors not even getting into the 20, which could happen soon.

I agree with you there but it's probably a different conversation and more reflects our recruitment for this season than anything else!

Really tough balancing act and often the best scenario for the club short term isn't the best for the players long term. As a fan, I think its so rewarding when a young academy lad gets their chance though and think we're going to see a huge drop off of this for a number of reasons.

• Robin 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I see what you’re saying but is that what’s really best for their development?

or is going out for a loan at the right time and getting game time week in week out better for them ?

I’d of thought first team exposure and game time is best.

With Yeboah he’s getting to work alongside Billy Sharp who has longevity and experience in the game and that could be of great help to him.

9 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I see what you’re saying but is that what’s really best for their development?

or is going out for a loan at the right time and getting game time week in week out better for them ?

I’d of thought first team exposure and game time is best.

With Yeboah he’s getting to work alongside Billy Sharp who has longevity and experience in the game and that could be of great help to him.

It is a tough balancing act, I accept that, but I guess the simplistic answer depends on whether there would be any intention to use those players if required.  I would. I would take the early opportunity to see if they can sunk or swim.  I don’t think Manning would though, hence why he’s done what he has.  His choice backed by the Board.

Devil’s advocate on Yeboah, he’s got Nahki Wells here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It is a tough balancing act, I accept that, but I guess the simplistic answer depends on whether there would be any intention to use those players if required.  I would. I would take the early opportunity to see if they can sunk or swim.  I don’t think Manning would though, hence why he’s done what he has.  His choice backed by the Board.

Devil’s advocate on Yeboah, he’s got Nahki Wells here.

Some might say that if you throw them in too early they may sink, but with exposure to game time and experience they’d swim.

But I know fans like to see home grown youngsters play but for me we have to think about what is best for them and not what’s best for us.

And like you, I don’t think LM would use the youngsters in a meaningful way that would develop or benefit them.

I did consider the Nakhi influence as I know that he has been a good influence on our youngsters in the past.

But would that happen now ? Would Yeboah be in a position to learn much from Nakhi.

Are the first team squad mixing as much with the youngsters as they used to ? I’m sure I read a post on here that suggested the first team squad was kept to that for training.

8 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Some might say that if you throw them in too early they may sink, but with exposure to game time and experience they’d swim.

But I know fans like to see home grown youngsters play but for me we have to think about what is best for them and not what’s best for us.

And like you, I don’t think LM would use the youngsters in a meaningful way that would develop or benefit them.

I did consider the Nakhi influence as I know that he has been a good influence on our youngsters in the past.

But would that happen now ? Would Yeboah be in a position to learn much from Nakhi.

Are the first team squad mixing as much with the youngsters as they used to ? I’m sure I read a post on here that suggested the first team squad was kept to that for training.

I guess it’s all about selling that pathway to each player, and selling it honestly too.  There’s no one way either, certainly not a perfect answer.  But if I was in charge I’d rather keep a slightly slimmer first team squad if I had JKL, SPH, etc, ie be reflective of what is in the academy pipeline.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

And the goal he scored was hardly a clinical finish- a rebound off his own poor one on one attempt.

Earthy oozes class and ability - at present Yeboah doesn’t!

I got shot down for saying this on a thread a couple of weeks ago, but I'm amazed that people are so convinced by Earthy already.

He's played 16 minutes of football for us across 2 appearances.

Earthy may turn out to be great, but I really don't think we have enough evidence to draw any meaningful conclusions about how good/bad he'll be for us as of yet.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I got shot down for saying this on a thread a couple of weeks ago, but I'm amazed that people are so convinced by Earthy already.

Earthy may turn out to be great, but I really don't think we have enough evidence to draw any meaningful conclusions about how good/bad he'll be for us as of yet.

Two words say the Premier League isn't always better....... Jordon Spence.

36 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

This, with bells on. He may turn out to be the second coming but it's way too early to say.

He looked decent v Millwall, but in that spell everyone looked decent.  He got instantly crocked v Coventry so anyone can really make a judgement based on that is beyond me.

I thought the lad from Belguim looked decent against Soton, but he didn't v QPR!

Hopefully Earthy is a real gem but I think lots are seeing premier league & going weak at the knees.

• Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`ve just spotted that Harrogate v Doncaster is the only game on Thursday this week so I presume (?) it might be on Sky+.

Not on Sky+ but, according to my Sky TV guide, it is on Sky Main Event and Sky Football channels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Would imagine so, they aren't slaves. But equally you would guess they follow the advice the club give them.

Yes,they can (and do) refuse loans (has certainly happened here)- and no,they don't always follow club advice/recommendation.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I’m a bit confused by what you mean ?

If he wasn’t being loaned out then he wouldn’t be getting any senior football experience.

This is the point, for me not all senior minutes are good minutes.

He had 12 minutes of a very physical game, 1 shot, Harrogate's centre half must have been the most mentioned player.  He looked good when he came on, and when he got the ball.

Doncaster had 70% of the ball, Harrogate packed the box, he should be playing at league one imho his game would suffer if every week was like that.

Ultimately players adapt to the game they're playing and we don't need him to be a league two player.

12 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

This is the point, for me not all senior minutes are good minutes.

He had 12 minutes of a very physical game, 1 shot, Harrogate's centre half must have been the most mentioned player.  He looked good when he came on, and when he got the ball.

Doncaster had 70% of the ball, Harrogate packed the box, he should be playing at league one imho his game would suffer if every week was like that.

Ultimately players adapt to the game they're playing and we don't need him to be a league two player.

Any senior minutes are better than no minutes.

Not every game will be like the one he was in last night either, we’d have to be watching every minute of every match to see that.

Bearing in mind the club see him day in day out so they will be best placed to decide at which club and at which level he goes on loan.

Think on something like this we just need to trust the process 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Not every game will be like the one he was in last night either, we’d have to be watching every minute of every match to see that.

Bearing in mind the club see him day in day out so they will be best placed to decide at which club and at which level he goes on loan.

100%.

Manning didn’t even include him as a starter for the 21s.

If he’d stayed here he’d have got 0 minutes of first team football.

Whatever his future holds he’s getting his name known in senior football, which cannot do his career any harm at all.

6 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

He's behind Ironside and Sharpe, so his appearances will be limited to impact sub.  I don't trust the process some loans are better than others, this one looks like a bad one.

21 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

He's behind Ironside and Sharpe, so his appearances will be limited to impact sub.  I don't trust the process some loans are better than others, this one looks like a bad one.

You don’t think what he can learn from an experienced player like Billy Sharp might not be invaluable to his development?

It’s very early in the season and he is unproven so why would he be ahead of them at the moment ? They are proven pros.

You said that you think he should have a L1 loan but if he isn’t starting in a L2 side then how would he start in a L1 team ?

It’s far too early to say that this move won’t benefit him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

They signed Sharpe after Yeboah joined , things change. 

If he gets some game time and can learn from Sharpe it can only do him good. That said I wouldn't be surprised if he was recalled and sent somewhere else in January .

2 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

You don’t think what he can learn from an experienced player like Billy Sharp might not be invaluable to his development?

It’s very early in the season and he is unproven so why would he be ahead of them at the moment ? They are proven pros.

You said that you think he should have a L1 loan but if he isn’t starting in a L2 side then how would he start in a L1 team ?

It’s far too early to say that this move won’t benefit him.

I didn't say he should be ahead of them, he's not getting a look in, hence its not a good loan.

18 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I didn't say he should be ahead of them, he's not getting a look in, hence its not a good loan.

He’s had 228 minutes in 7 appearances this season.

I’d be interested to know where you think he’d be a first choice and getting lots more minutes as an unproven 18 year old.

I’d imagine if there’d of been any teams offering that then he’d of probably gone there.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

He’s had 228 minutes in 7 appearances this season.

I’d be interested to know where you think he’d be a first choice and getting lots more minutes as an unproven 18 year old.

I’d imagine if there’d of been any teams offering that then he’d of probably gone there.

Not a bad return of minutes really. He’s getting the opportunity to get on the pitch. He just needs to prove himself when he’s on. 

• Like 1