IGNORED

George Earthy - Season-Long Loan - CONFIRMED

jbcfc

the hammers fans i know rate him highly and say he’s looked great whenever he’s played for their seniors. not sure what this means when it comes to twine but hopefully this lad can shine with us.

• Facepalm 1

Made a few fleeting appearances in the league for West Ham last season, not enough to get a grips on what he’ll be like but West Ham fans think he’s got something. 

Has cracked into the England u20s squad as well I believe. Wouldn’t be surprised if he comes in and we still look for a more experienced attacking midfielder (e.g. a Twine or similar) and someone leaves. Cornick potentially. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

I don’t think this rules Twine out either, personally. Just puts less pressure on getting in done, and allows us to get to deadline day time with an offer still on the table for him on a perm

So we’ve gone from #1 target- Twine, “down the list” to then (allegedly) sign a 19 year old on loan…. To then go and also get Twine….

FWIW- I’d have Earthy and leave Twine.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

So we’ve gone from #1 target- Twine, “down the list” to then (allegedly) sign a 19 year old on loan…. To then go and also get Twine….

FWIW- I’d have Earthy and leave Twine.

If a 10 is paramount to how we want to play, we’ll need more than one. And stokes isn’t ready. 

• Like 2

• Admin
16 minutes ago, jbcfc said:

the hammers fans i know rate him highly and say he’s looked great whenever he’s played for their seniors. not sure what this means when it comes to twine but hopefully this lad can shine with us.

He's played three games and one of those he came on in the 82nd minute and was substituted two minutes later after bumping into his own player and getting a head injury 

Would love to know how they got their opinions 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 3

If a 10 is paramount to how we want to play, we’ll need more than one. And stokes isn’t ready. 

Stokes, Ayman, Mehmeti, Wells all offer “back up” as do Knight and even Bird as we saw on Saturday…. Not having a dig at you, just my preference would be (and has been all summer) don’t go all in on Twine. 

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I don’t think this rules Twine out either, personally.

hopefully not, but we’ve got a proper player here either way. though if twine does eventually sign, i wonder where that leaves the likes of stokes and benarous.

happy that we’ve dived into the loan market; feel like we’ve not utilised it enough in recent years. opportunities to add some real exciting talent who are hungry to prove themselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Would West Ham really send us a player on loan content with him being a back up player? 

Especially one who is so highly regarded and thought of- you’d imagine they want him to get a seasons worth of minutes here…. Coming in to play second fiddle nullifies the loan for them. 

4 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Stokes, Ayman, Mehmeti, Wells all offer “back up” as do Knight and even Bird as we saw on Saturday…. Not having a dig at you, just my preference would be (and has been all summer) don’t go all in on Twine. 

Aside from Stokes who is still adjusting to a higher standard of football, none of the rest you have named are a natural 10. 
Let’s stop trying to fit square pegs in round holes and get players who are proven and are wanted for the specific position in a team 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Would West Ham really send us a player on loan content with him being a back up player? 

Clearly, yeah. Better him getting lots of minutes in the Championship, than just play lots of PL2 games again.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Especially one who is so highly regarded and thought of- you’d imagine they want him to get a seasons worth of minutes here…. Coming in to play second fiddle nullifies the loan for them. 

Yep pointless sending him here if he's just going to be back up to Twine. 

Premier league clubs insert all sorts of clauses when sending players out on loan with penalty clauses inserted if they don't play. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

wouldn’t say it’s as simple as that. can’t be overreliant on one player, especially in that 10 position that will be so important. we know how gruelling the season can be and how many injuries can pile up so rotation will be key.

and whilst he’s primarily a 10, he’s played all over the park:

IMG_1058.jpeg

Edited by jbcfc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Depends how far away from first team football he is at west ham which I imagine is still pretty far. 

Even if he was a back up he could easily make 25+ professional appearances, a lot more than he would see at West Ham. 

Clearly, yeah. Better him getting lots of minutes in the Championship, than just play lots of PL2 games again.  

Or they could send him to another Championship club who would offer him more minutes. 

It just wouldn't make sense. 

We wouldn't send a player out on loan and be content with them being back up. 

20 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I don’t think this rules Twine out either, personally. Just puts less pressure on getting in done, and allows us to get to deadline day time with an offer still on the table for him on a perm

I’ve been advised that we are absolutely still in for twine even after this loan signing.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Or they could send him to another Championship club who would offer him more minutes. 

It just wouldn't make sense. 

We wouldn't send a player out on loan and be content with them being back up. 

Other clubs don’t have our pedigree of developing young talent. It may not be much pedigree but may be enough for West Ham. 

1 minute ago, Corsham Alf said:

I’ve been advised that we are absolutely still in for twine even after this loan signing.

Course we are. We’ll want twine for the next 3-4 years, getting someone else in for a maximum of 1 won’t impact that. 

• Like 2

Twine & Earthy ticks the box for 2 players for every position! 

if we go end up with both then there is no way Twine plays 90 mins every game so Earthy could quite conceivably get some decent game time on loan 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

He's played three games and one of those he came on in the 82nd minute and was substituted two minutes later after bumping into his own player and getting a head injury 

Would love to know how they got their opinions 

probably from him scoring within minutes of his debut and being one of the standout players in PL2.

i trust their judgment.

Wow exciting one! Mentioned it before, my dad is a WHU fan, and I said earlier in the summer to him that if City could loan an academy player from them, I'd pick Earthy! He would undoubtedly be sought after by clubs for a loan, so a great coup.

Technical player, good with both feet, can score and assist. Good vision and skilfull. One of their best up and coming players, standing out in their U18s and U21s. 

He did break through last season, and had a lovely welcome on his debut Vs Fulham getting knocked out by his own player 😅 

If true we are still in for Twine, then it is probable Stokes goes out in loan as another poster mentioned. Slightly biased, but happy with this if it happens - I'm sure my dad will enjoy coming to the Gate more now if he plays!

Edited by HOZDA
  • Like 6

Well, I’m sold!  Okay, overreaction.

Just watched 60+ clips of him, doing all sorts.

He is a bundle of energy, does everything with purpose, but composed on the ball.

Being serious though, can’t really judge on what I’ve seen.  Just have to wait and see.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 7

Just now, Davefevs said:

He is a bundle of energy, does everything with purpose, but composed on the ball.

Being serious though, can’t really judge on what I’ve seen.

Sounds like Liam Walsh when we signed him. Earthy doesn't play golf does he? 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

My word we needed that on Saturday!

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Very much like the composed close control with that low centre of gravity. He’s got an eye for a run as well from what I saw. 

Hard to compare PL2 to the championship but hopefully he can step up if he does come in. 

Edited by George Rs

A lot of West Ham players saying this lad is the real deal and former manager Moyes likened him to David Silva 

Ok, don’t want to build the lad up too much but they really do rate him highly so we may be very fortunate to have such a talent albeit on loan 

• Like 1

This is actually a bit of a coup for City. Earthy is very highly rated at West Ham, in particular by Mark Noble. 

Earthy is arguably their next academy star. He’s known to have a fantastic attitude, and is said to complete additional training sessions to improve his game.

I personally haven’t seen enough of him to comment on his playing style, but all the noise from the West Ham end is very positive.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Sounds like we could be back to Mannings 3-4-2-1 formation if this lad is coming in as well as still targeting Twine

I'm not sure I'm very enthused at the return of the back 3..Sykes to wingback or the bench? Saturday notwithstanding.

McCrorie or bust or whom at Wingback?

• Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm not sure I'm very enthused at the return of the back 3..Sykes to wingback or the bench? Saturday notwithstanding.

McCrorie or bust or whom at Wingback?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him taking the Mehmeti type free role. According to my WHU mates he won’t be coming to be a sub. I know more WHU fans than City fans, he is very much their modern day Joe Cole. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, INCRED said:

A lot of West Ham players saying this lad is the real deal and former manager Moyes likened him to David Silva 

Ok, don’t want to build the lad up too much but they really do rate him highly so we may be very fortunate to have such a talent albeit on loan 

Probably take what they say over some on here

Understand some of the apprehension over a prem youngster loanee, after some poor ones in the previously, but I genuinely believe this will be a good one. 

His best position 100% is a 10/Attacking mid but can play CM. Will create chances but also break the line, make runs, like a shadow striker. 

Perhaps we showcased ourselves well in our FA cup run Vs the hammers last year 😉next home game Vs Millwall too, he (and them) will love that if can play in time!

Edited by HOZDA
Home league game

2 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Think the 4 at the back is how we best shape up. Yu coming in too, wasnt signed to be a wing back 

Yeah I'd go with that.

At a push if we had McCrorie and Pring fit and perhaps Naismith in the back 3 we could seamlessly play in some games..but I'd rather we didn't!

I'd be happy with this loan from what I've heard from friends about him. If we can get Twine too, that'd be awesome. Both will get minutes with rotation and subs. Both *should* push each other, if Earthy is as good as I've heard.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

This place is still as toxic and negative as ever🤣

The pathway. We don’t have anyone coming through who can play the position as well as Twine or as good as this guy if they are indeed bringing him in. Also, pretty much all teams across the world rely on loans. Usually more than 1. This would be 1 and doesn’t seem like more on the horizon. 

Would WH loan him here if he wasn’t a starter. They would loan him here hoping he is good enough to break in. They have decided championship is the right next step for his career. Perhaps loaning him to a team with a HC that they are comfortable with. The expectation from us would be to give him real opportunity to develop and make himself a regular part of the squad. 

Just always a complaint these past 12 months. Nothing is ever good enough. The club has done all it can to identify young upcoming talent with the money seemingly available(substantial but not pushing ffp). We are giving a platform to young hungry players who we can develop and either sell on or have a good year with some luck and push promotion. Most clubs and fans would he ecstatic about that. Especially fans who have never had PL football. Not BCFC fans though. What a miserable existence for a lot of you. 

Well said, Joe. 

• Like 1