IGNORED

George Earthy - Season-Long Loan - CONFIRMED

jbcfc

15 minutes ago, MythikRobins said:

A bit like us not too long ago maybe? 2 big sales and then almost entirely spending what they brought in. Its certainly fun but if it doesn't pan out it hurts you big time. Their recruitment so far seems good enough, can imagine a player like Simms leaving on a big fee in a few years.

But just like it did with us that can turn, a couple who get plagued with injuries, a couple who don't work out and suddenly you're in big trouble.

Personally, I don't think they'll get promoted anytime soon. They had their best chance and blew it unfortunately, this year is another good chance, but I don't think any of their players are currently close to Hamer and certainly not Gyokeres. 

I'd love to be proven wrong though. If City can't go up I'd rather non-parachute payment clubs go up.

Yep very similar. 

It might work out for them who knows. But giving the likes of JD 4 year contracts does raise my eyebrows. 

But yea a year or two years down the line I do worry about them financially. 

54 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Wounder whats holding up the announcement? Unless another club has come in for earthy last minute ? 

Nothing is holding it up, it will be announced when we are ready

2 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

Or that's him he was definitely there tho.

20240813_210236.jpg

He's a bit smaller than I'd expected for a 19 year old, although he must be keen as he's wearing City kit just to watch the game! :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Or that's him he was definitely there tho.

20240813_210236.jpg

And that's Rob Newman sat in front of him next to Tom Rawcliffe.

Rob left West Ham in May where he'd been for while as Head of Recruitment under Moyes who poached him from Man City where he'd been part of a team rather than leading it.

Possible role for him with us??? I guess he'd have to get used to shopping at Lidl rather than Waitrose but there's no shame in that these days when you look at the Mercs & BMWs in the store car park where I get my grocery's !!😁

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Rob left West Ham in May where he'd been for while as Head of Recruitment under Moyes who poached him from Man City where he'd been part of a team rather than leading it.

Possible role for him with us??? I guess he'd have to get used to shopping at Lidl rather than Waitrose but there's no shame in that these days when you look at the Mercs & BMWs in the store car park where I get my grocery's !!😁

Great spot’ the chins a giveaway 

5 minutes ago, headhunter said:

The steward with the topknot needs sacking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I guess the suggestion would be a fit McCrorie. If what we've seen has cost us £2M, hmmm. I think there's alot more to come from Ross, at least I hope so.

I hope so too. I really hope I’m wrong about him & hope somebody can tell me what I’m missing in his game. 
I see a wing back that should be providing width but wants to cut inside & condense the pitch . Fine if you got somebody overlapping you but that’s actually his job. I also see someone who is slow to react to runners & also for a big lad gets out muscled too easily . 

• Like 1

Wounder whats holding up the announcement? Unless another club has come in for earthy last minute ? 

Well, the post says he watched last night's game, so after that abject 2nd half showing, he might have thought better of it!

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was joking btw.  Exoect an announcement.

Would not surprise me if Conway going, Earthy coming is sync’d, not that it needs to be.

The suspicious eyes emoji made me fall into that trap.

These things take time albeit surprised it’s not announced by now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was joking btw.  Exoect an announcement.

Would not surprise me if Conway going, Earthy coming is sync’d, not that it needs to be.

Maybe TC is sat in a Leeds exec box as we speak.

4 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Let’s hope so….be good to get this one done ‘n’ dusted 

Wouldn't it just, I tell my wife how much I hate soap operas then find myself following this one daily, someone please put a fork in it and tell me it's done. 

• The title was changed to George Earthy - Season-Long Loan - CONFRIMED
  • The title was changed to George Earthy - Season-Long Loan - CONFIRMED
2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

******* hell, people thinking he’d turned us down & was going elsewhere when he’d clearly signed yesterday was at the game, and Manning basically confirming it at FT yesterday, **** me 🤣🤣🤣

But, but, we were so rubbish he must have changed his mind. :) I would have thought reading the negativity on here would have been more likely a factor in that case.

• Like 2

I am a West Ham fan and am delighted he will get some experience and game time with you. First young player we have produced in a long time to not only be skill full but also have the right attacking instincts. I have high hopes for his time with you

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

But, but, we were so rubbish he must have changed his mind. :) I would have thought reading the negativity on here would have been more likely a factor in that case.

THAT's the kicker, what sort of player is he that would sign for a club that accepted that sort of tripe last night, just **** of George you waster  ! 

🤣

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

FFS pressure wash the damn roof already!

They were pressure washing the back of the Lansdown and South Stands a week or two ago.

It's probably a bit too costly to do the roof stantions (or whatever they call them), but by God, even in the gloom last night, the Lansdown roof is very, very dirty. Certainly an R18. Job for Jon?

4 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

They were pressure washing the back of the Lansdown and South Stands a week or two ago.

It's probably a bit too costly to do the roof stantions (or whatever they call them), but by God, even in the gloom last night, the Lansdown roof is very, very dirty. Certainly an R18. Job for Jon?

Another reason to have a moan at the Lansdowns  Jesus 

• Facepalm 1

Judging by what my West Ham mate has said, I'm really excited about this. He's a season ticket holder home and away so knows what he is talking about.

Absolute ******* baller, will be our player of the season. His words