IGNORED

George Earthy - Season-Long Loan - CONFIRMED

jbcfc

Few people getting excited with this loanee.

Just to put a hand brake on it, the lad has 3 EPL appearances (32 minutes), 1 Europe (4 minutes), 8 EFL Trophy (606 minutes).

Lets see how he does in the Championship before going overboard.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Just to put a hand brake on it, the lad has 3 EPL appearances (32 minutes), 1 Europe (4 minutes), 8 EFL Trophy (606 minutes).

Might as well not bother.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Doc Savage Dive GIF by Warner Archive

me!

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

It's important to remain grounded with any singing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 12/08/2024 at 23:04, George Rs said:

Made a few fleeting appearances in the league for West Ham last season, not enough to get a grips on what he’ll be like but West Ham fans think he’s got something. 

Has cracked into the England u20s squad as well I believe. Wouldn’t be surprised if he comes in and we still look for a more experienced attacking midfielder (e.g. a Twine or similar) and someone leaves. Cornick potentially. 

If Cornick is on his way why still on the bench ?

On 12/08/2024 at 23:20, jbcfc said:

wouldn’t say it’s as simple as that. can’t be overreliant on one player, especially in that 10 position that will be so important. we know how gruelling the season can be and how many injuries can pile up so rotation will be key.

and whilst he’s primarily a 10, he’s played all over the park:

IMG_1058.jpeg

As he has played right and left wing - is he two footed ?

Because that's a big bonus 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, One Team said:

So we have a new buzzword bingo entry: “the project”! 

Appropriate game to play given how buzzing George is about life in general :D

4 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Appropriate game to play given how buzzing George is about life in general :D

Oh he’s buzzing alright! 😂

Can’t wait to see what he can do, must have something about him to be rated so highly. 

10 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

As he has played right and left wing - is he two footed ?

Because that's a big bonus 

I have been reliably informed that he does indeed have two feet. 

• Haha 6
  • Robin 1

44 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

No chance of all the miserable *uckers on here getting anywhere near exited 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

But as we are moving towards 2 for ever position. It gives good changeability from the bench 

To me yes to a degree, but Tanner and McCrorie are a different profile of player. Tanner is Idk a very good 1 v 1 defensive fullback and can slot in at CB...Wingback? Nope.

McCrorie seems a better fit for Wingback and Fullback.

Pring over Roberts ditto on the left for this.

Who else but Naismith can spot between a back 3 and Defensive or deepest Midfield say.

5 minutes ago, southside said:

No chance of all the miserable *uckers on here getting anywhere near exited 😀

Yes keep clapping us along to 10th-14th indefinitely. That'll work.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

To me yes to a degree, but Tanner and McCrorie are a different profile of player. Tanner is Idk a very good 1 v 1 defensive fullback and can slot in at CB...Wingback? Nope.

McCrorie seems a better fit for Wingback and Fullback.

Pring over Roberts ditto on the left for this.

Who else but Naismith can spot between a back 3 and Defensive or deepest Midfield say.

Happy Clapper alert.

Why is it happy clapper alert to state the blindingly obvious that this place is full of miserable ( people) 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Cov 77 said:

Why is it happy clapper alert to state the blindingly obvious that this place is full of miserable ( people) 

Well I changed my tune a little but either way I wouldn't say it is full of miserable people.

I'd call it critique, analysis, vigorous debate personally.

• Like 3

Maybe I’m old fashioned but a bit crap that he has the number 40 shirt.

10, 15 & 25 are still all vacant, just seems silly seeing players with numbers that high on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

10, 15 & 25 are still all vacant, just seems silly seeing players with numbers that high on the pitch.

Was that his West Ham number ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Was that his West Ham number ?

Good knowledge!

Just looked it up, it was.

Still don’t understand why you wouldn’t want a number nearer to the first 11, but as I said, maybe I’m behind the times.

Maybe 

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

maybe more old fashioned than you,but 1 to 11 should be on the players shirts.

Anyway so hope he starts Saturday,scores  against Millwall insant hero with us and West Ham.

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Why not allow yourself to get excited by a highly rated unknown quantity? It could be the missing part of the jigsaw.  Is there any harm in being excited? Go on, I dare you!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Why not allow yourself to get excited by a highly rated unknown quantity? It could be the missing part of the jigsaw.  Is there any harm in being excited? Go on, I dare you!

Where have you been ?

Twine is the missing part of the jigsaw - ask Manning.

Earthy will get minutes and I sincerely hope he lives up to the hype on here.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

West Ham won the Football League War Cup Final in 1940....their first victory at Wembley.

Could that be the reason? If not.....it should be .....😀

Good luck young man. From all the comments, he certainly sounds like a great prospect and major talent. 

We are a good platform for players who want to play in the Prem, and we have assisted Chelsea, Leeds, Burnley, Bournemouth, Brighton and maybe now West Ham United. 

I'm not as hyped as many with this one, I want to know if there is any view to making it permanent. If that option isn't there then I just see it as a lose lose, I mean if he's not that good we take an L, if he is that good and we can't make him permanent it's an L. 

Maybe I'm just a miserable old git but he's here now so now it's happened I hope all the hype about how good he is will pay off, I'm still not sure about it, fat too many fans get carried away with potential future stars. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I think one of the Dynamo Kyiv players was wearing 76 last night against Rangers!

17 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'm not as hyped as many with this one, I want to know if there is any view to making it permanent. If that option isn't there then I just see it as a lose lose, I mean if he's not that good we take an L, if he is that good and we can't make him permanent it's an L. 

Maybe I'm just a miserable old git but he's here now so now it's happened I hope all the hype about how good he is will pay off, I'm still not sure about it, fat too many fans get carried away with potential future stars. 

Okay I'm not getting carried away but one or two potential upsides..

1) Perhaps he could propel us to the Top 6 and when in there who knows. You never know eh..

2) Even if not, more likely is that if it goes notably well it moves us up the pecking order for PL Loans a bit, yes I'll still cost but the Development aspect can give an edge.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Spike said:

If he's really good we might make the playoffs or get promoted? Then attract an even higher level of player?

• Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Okay I'm not getting carried away but one or two potential upsides..

1) Perhaps he could propel us to the Top 6 and when in there who knows. You never know eh..

2) Even if not, more likely is that if it goes notably well it moves us up the pecking order for PL Loans a bit, yes I'll still cost but the Development aspect can give an edge.

I've addressed 1 below, and with 2, I keep seeing people say this but there is no loan pecking order. 

Any self respecting club will have no influence from previous loan deals when they're looking to loan out a player. The focus will be on a few things, the first being will the player get the playing time they need from the club? The second will be "What does the club offer that the player will benefit from?". We may have fantastic facilities and have developed some great players but we've also had a lot of failures too, we've also had a lot of injuries, all of these factors will come into the planned loan. Then you have the finances involved and above all, the players choice. If a player is offered a move to Leeds, Coventry, Burnley or us I would be amazed if they chose us and their current club is hardly going to force them to come to us because another of their players came here and had a good experience.

I get that people want to see the positives in these kinds of deals but in our circumstance I don't see Earthy turning this team into a promotion chasing team, and he's very much unproven other than scoring a goal from 3 yards against Luton. 

I'll be interested to see if all the hype is real but if it is I don't expect to see him here next season, West Ham will either use him or he'll be sold off to a team with a lot more money than us if he had a good season and they chose to cash in, hell we seem to be struggling to get the Twine deal done so I don't see us competing financially for him if he has a great season. 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

If he's really good we might make the playoffs or get promoted? Then attract an even higher level of player?

The only way we'll attract a higher caliber of player than we currently do is through getting promoted or having more money to spend on wages, which both in my personal opinion go hand in hand. With the changes in how we play and what I've seen in the opening two games he would have to be an outstanding talent to get us into a play off position. We're definitely playing more attractive to watch football but both Hull and Coventry looked dangerous when they hit us with pace on the counter, our defensive record won't be so good in this new style, that's inevitable, so we're looking likely to rely on us sorting goals, something in the opening two games we've looked unlikely to do, despite creating chances.

Earthy may turn out to be a great player, but he's not going to propel us into a promotion spot or help us to a play off win, the team as a whole needs a lot more work if that is to happen. 

• Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 3

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I've addressed 1 below, and with 2, I keep seeing people say this but there is no loan pecking order. 

Any self respecting club will have no influence from previous loan deals when they're looking to loan out a player. The focus will be on a few things, the first being will the player get the playing time they need from the club? The second will be "What does the club offer that the player will benefit from?". We may have fantastic facilities and have developed some great players but we've also had a lot of failures too, we've also had a lot of injuries, all of these factors will come into the planned loan. Then you have the finances involved and above all, the players choice. If a player is offered a move to Leeds, Coventry, Burnley or us I would be amazed if they chose us and their current club is hardly going to force them to come to us because another of their players came here and had a good experience.

I get that people want to see the positives in these kinds of deals but in our circumstance I don't see Earthy turning this team into a promotion chasing team, and he's very much unproven other than scoring a goal from 3 yards against Luton. 

I'll be interested to see if all the hype is real but if it is I don't expect to see him here next season, West Ham will either use him or he'll be sold off to a team with a lot more money than us if he had a good season and they chose to cash in, hell we seem to be struggling to get the Twine deal done so I don't see us competing financially for him if he has a great season. 

The only way we'll attract a higher caliber of player than we currently do is through getting promoted or having more money to spend on wages, which both in my personal opinion go hand in hand. With the changes in how we play and what I've seen in the opening two games he would have to be an outstanding talent to get us into a play off position. We're definitely playing more attractive to watch football but both Hull and Coventry looked dangerous when they hit us with pace on the counter, our defensive record won't be so good in this new style, that's inevitable, so we're looking likely to rely on us sorting goals, something in the opening two games we've looked unlikely to do, despite creating chances.

Earthy may turn out to be a great player, but he's not going to propel us into a promotion spot or help us to a play off win, the team as a whole needs a lot more work if that is to happen. 

**** it, let's just write off the season now.

We won't be going up or down so let's just tell the league to stick us on 60 points and let everyone else play their games.

Let everyone else experience the highs and lows of a season. 

In fact, let's just tell the EFL to do this every year to save us ever getting our hopes up or getting excited by potential signings.

After all, what's the point in allowing yourself to enjoy your hobby if there's a risk of it not going exactly how you want it to?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spike said:

The dilemma is this ; if he does well we’ve got little to no chance of signing him but if he flops then we probably won’t want to sign him but possibly could. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 42nite said:

I have been reliably informed that he does indeed have two feet. 

But in a freak accident on the way to training he fell over a kerb and one just fell off!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Agree 100% we already had a better midfielder in A Scott we sold him off and having learned nothing we are about to do the same with Conway. This newbie from Whu maybe a decent footballer but will only cost us money and wont be here this time next year.

The only thing that will propel us to the top of this league is for us to stop cashing in on our best assets and build around them, Coventry and Blackburn have each 2 of our "rejects" and both are likely top 6 finishers, Conway seems likely to be set for Boro another club destined for top six.

We are sold hope in the shape of our unproven newbies if any do make their mark you can be assured we will cash in on them and start again next season, can folk not see a pattern to "the project, plan" round and around we go.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

23 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The dilemma is this ; if he does well we’ve got little to no chance of signing him but if he flops then we probably won’t want to sign him but possibly could. 

Or he could do okay and we could end up signing him for a few million. I don't look too fondly (in retrospect) to that time we signed Kalas, Dasilva, and Palmer.

However, we look back on Tammy's year with us fondly, equally Caulker (despite what happened to his career).

One and done loans aren't inherently bad, but I think the volume of them is important. 1 or 2 can really bolster a squad. Any more can block pathways and too much squad turnover (by necessity).

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What a horrible situation if he turns out to be so good we can’t sign him! No benefit at all 🙄

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, temp said:

Agree 100% we already had a better midfielder in A Scott we sold him off and having learned nothing we are about to do the same with Conway. This newbie from Whu maybe a decent footballer but will only cost us money and wont be here this time next year.

The only thing that will propel us to the top of this league is for us to stop cashing in on our best assets and build around them, Coventry and Blackburn have each 2 of our "rejects" and both are likely top 6 finishers, Conway seems likely to be set for Boro another club destined for top six.

We are sold hope in the shape of our unproven newbies if any do make their mark you can be assured we will cash in on them and start again next season, can folk not see a pattern to "the project, plan" round and around we go.

What?

Are you saying we should have kept hold of our 'rejects'? Kasey Palmer, Jay Dasilva, Szmodics and Weimann? You'd probably only say Szmodics would improve our squad, however that's off the back of his golden season last year. After he left us he had to drop to League 1 where he didn't set the world alight and had two season in the champ before his goals last year. Are you suggesting we keep hold of every play for a minimum of 5 years in case they have a stand-out season?

Conway doesn't want to play for us, so what do we do? Keep an unhappy, unmotivated player in the squad and he leaves on a free (or tribunal), or get up to £4.5-£5m for him now to reinvest the squad. If he did the first and got another 5-10 goals this year and leaves to Boro for free, you would be straight on here moaning the club should have made money on him.

Scott wanted to leave to play Premier League football. We sold him for a record transfer which has almost completely cleared us from FFP. The 'lack' or 'type' of reinvestment is a different question to have, but the fact we actually sold him for so much rather than keep him hostage until his contract expires and goes for free is not the stick to beat the club with.

The size of club we are, the sort of players we can attract, we are more than likely never going to have a team that every position will be the best in the league. In order to stay competitive and in business, we have to almost tread water until the stars align and we have enough players that have an amazing season to be able to get promoted, like Luton last year.

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

47 minutes ago, 95red said:

So our season  expectations  are on a 19 Yr old probably  5th choice transfer option, well done Manning 👏 & he'll probably  put him out on the wing .

What are you talking about ?

1 hour ago, 95red said:

So our season  expectations  are on a 19 Yr old probably  5th choice transfer option, well done Manning 👏 & he'll probably  put him out on the wing .

When you go to parties, are you fun?

1 hour ago, Jose said:

Does he start Saturday? He’s had a pre season, played some games. Massive ask for a young lad but we really need something in that final third.

I think he does start. See if he can go in fresh, with no fear and have an impact.

1 hour ago, 95red said:

Haha. You'll enjoy the After 15 Games thread where people are fantasising about sacking Manning.