IGNORED

Armstrong debut video

1960maaan

8 minutes ago, mozo said:

Such a good contribution and several times not helped out by his teammates! 

He certainly didn't look remotely like "Bas Savage", that's for sure. There is 100% something to work with there. A goal or two early on would help him immensely.

• Like 1

He's a right handful. Definitely reminds me of Semenyo before it all started to click for him if a little less tricky and more direct in style.

Still a bit raw but a lot of potential there. Physically he's got it.

Such a shame he didn't slide in Anis after a great bit of play there but the early signs are promising.

Thanks for making these, wasn’t able to watch at the weekend so it’s great to be able to see the contributions they made. He looks a right handful! We’ve had a few guys that can hold a ball up but not sure many that can then roll the defender and get away, he should get us on the front foot a lot more. 

Really encouraged by this. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roadyred said:

Thanks for making these, wasn’t able to watch at the weekend so it’s great to be able to see the contributions they made. He looks a right handful! We’ve had a few guys that can hold a ball up but not sure many that can then roll the defender and get away, he should get us on the front foot a lot more. 

Really encouraged by this. 

If he can start doing that closer to the edge of the box as well as 30-40 yards from goal we'll be in business. Haven't seen that from a City forward for a long time.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

After I did the Fally one I thought it was only fair to do this one for Armstrong , Youtube would play last night. 
While Mayulu is more of a cameo , few good bits, few not so good , but punctuated with a debut goal, this one gives a little more insight to what we have brought in. Explosive and powerful , quick off the mark , can hold the ball under pressure (something that Conway was criticised for ) , very good presser and seemed aware of who was around him. I think we could have a good player on our hands that will compliment the other, very different strikers here.

Really appreciate this but in future could you highlight the player like they do on the BBC. Thanks

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, east sussex red said:

Really appreciate this but in future could you highlight the player like they do on the BBC. Thanks

I'll shine a torch on my PC screen next time 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Was phenomenal I thought on Saturday, stuff that won't get picked up on that video is he willingness to actually move & run channels, could see defenders didn't know to go to him or stand off after he had bullied them the entire first half, I am looking forward to seeing more of him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CityFarAndWide said:

Was phenomenal I thought on Saturday, stuff that won't get picked up on that video is he willingness to actually move & run channels, could see defenders didn't know to go to him or stand off after he had bullied them the entire first half, I am looking forward to seeing more of him. 

We have to make sure he actually gets decent service, and how he wants it. It’s amazing how quick a willing runner stops being one when he knows his team mates can’t find him. Hopefully a decent 10 will help, but really encouraged by that first 60 mins. 

3 hours ago, Gazred said:

He's a right handful. Definitely reminds me of Semenyo before it all started to click for him if a little less tricky and more direct in style.

Still a bit raw but a lot of potential there. Physically he's got it.

Such a shame he didn't slide in Anis after a great bit of play there but the early signs are promising.

You can't coach pace and that, combined with his power, will unsettle most defenders.

Yes he might be raw,  as you say reminiscent of Semenyo when he first appeared in the first team, but hopefully coaching can address this and I suspect that as his confidence grows he will create lots of problems for opposition defences.

• Like 3