IGNORED

Coventry City League Cup: Official Matchday Thread

Jerseybean

Just now, TRL said:

I see no reason why Mayulu could not be our number 10, in his sub appearance and on 3 or 4 occasions tonight, ball played to feet back to goal, turns and pushes accurate balls into runners around the box.  Too early to tell, but he has the attributes from initial viewing

Him and Armstrong would be a real handful.

• Like 1

Mayulu looks very tidy.  I do enjoy watching Naismith too. The midfield two are not playing well. TGH needs to buck his ideas up otherwise he’ll be struggling to get in the squad at this rate. 

• Like 1

Just now, YorkshireSection said:

Gutted to see Bell and no Nelson, poor lad does well in preseason, seems the answer to a few of our problems and gets rewarded by not even a place on the bench!

Bell did well too and his place is justified.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, eardun said:

Hope Naismith stays fit. He plays some really good forward passes.  

I also like Roberts as he gives us something extra on the left as well as Naismith being able to ping balls around from the back 

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Him and Armstrong would be a real handful.

I was thinking the same, would need to have Armstrong in and around to pick up the subtle little lay offs but woukd be a formidable pair 

Just now, Monkeh said:

Fally isn't going to stay with us for long.......

Don’t be such a miserable bastard…….there was me thinking he might fire us to a promising season and you go and say that 😂

Just now, Jose said:

Don’t be such a miserable bastard…….there was me thinking he might fire us to a promising season and you go and say that 😂

Hahaha, he is looking like the real deal so far,

I'd like to see him up top with Armstrong, we'd have pace power and skill in those 2 

Just now, Monkeh said:

Hahaha, he is looking like the real deal so far,

I'd like to see him up top with Armstrong, we'd have pace power and skill in those 2 

Where will David Silva play? 

Just now, Super said:

HT. Yet again we've done a lot of good things just without the goal. Decent half.

Yep decent enough. Midfield two need to do better. Knight hasn’t got going yet. Naismith i would have in the squad every time. Defence nice and tidy.

Just now, Super said:

HT. Yet again we've done a lot of good things just without the goal. Decent half.

Agree with that, although we have actually created a good deal more in terms of chances than we did at Hull.

20 minutes ago, Jose said:

Mayulu looks very tidy.  I do enjoy watching Naismith too. The midfield two are not playing well. TGH needs to buck his ideas up otherwise he’ll be struggling to get in the squad at this rate. 

Players move with Naismith on the pitch, they think they’ll get a pass, even if through an eye of the needle.

And it is a midfield-2 Becayse it’s pretty much 442 so different roles that 4231 per se.

Mayulu is lovely isn’t he.  A skilful big-man, nice.

• Like 6

An enjoyable watch, 2 teams playing football the right way. Really impressed with Mayulu and Roberts, who is at his best when driving with the ball. Knight and Sykes better than Saturday but still a bit loose on the ball. TGH and Bell both struggled, hopefully his injury isn’t serious but I can’t help but feel a loan to a good L1 side would be beneficial for him. 

Not a great deal of entertainment, or quality, so far.

Couple of moments where Mayulu looks good but then not on the same wavelength at other times. 

Don’t know if it’s the commentator and the atmosphere but feels a bit flat. I want to see a bit more from us. 

Decent half. Fairly even but we have had more chances. A bit slow in taking a shot or making a final decision.

Mayulu looks really good. Strong in the air, hold up play, quick feet and seems comfortable either on his left or right. Wells has been ok. 

Not nice to see Bell off injured but he was really poor. Honestly would rather have seen Nelson or Pecover play. 

Defence solid. Tanner had a wobbly start but is doing quite well Vs a good player in Wright. Roberts composed and skillful. Naismith is soooo calm on the ball, but always worry he will do something crazy!

Knight/TGH decent together. Bajic not really had much to do. 

These floated corners or short corners are frustrating and easy to defend!

This game will probably be decided by subs as both teams have a good bench. Coyr

• Like 1

Just now, David Brent said:

Not a great deal of entertainment, or quality, so far.

Couple of moments where Mayulu looks good but then not on the same wavelength at other times. 

Don’t know if it’s the commentator and the atmosphere but feels a bit flat. I want to see a bit more from us. 

I disagree I think it has been entertaining with some good quality. 

• Like 11

Some decent stuff.

Very impressed with Mayulu, Roberts one brilliant run & Sykes certainly better than at the weekend.

Naismith & Wells are two clever footballers.

Shame about Bell, particularly as it will start off the injury crisis obsession on here again, but it’s been a good watch.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

HT 0-0

Fally looked good, some neat play by Knight, Sykes working hard, defence solid.

Bell, before injury, offered nowt, Wells not much. TGH caught dallying a couple of times. 

Would like to see Armstrong on for Wells.

Bit harsh for bell, there were small snippets of decent play from him, the follow up, and when he drifted in centrally,

He isnt a wide man and that is hindering him,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saborios Socks said:

I disagree I think it has been entertaining with some good quality. 

I think it’s been a bit sloppy from both sides. To be fair, with a bit more quality and conviction we could be a couple of goals up. We have looked good but I just want to see more 😂

Edited by David Brent
  • Like 1

A lot to like in that performance. Thought Naismith looked composed apart from the time he tried to scythe down 3 Cov players in quick succession. Thought Sykes also did ok and Mayulu - wow!

Mayulu looks really good. What a first touch he has, seems it can be pinged to him anywhere and he traps it everytime.

Knight is causing them real issues IMO big part of why they can't hold onto the ball.

Not been impressed by TGH on multiple occasions he has passed it a couple feet behind Sykes when there has been a decent looking break on.

Roberts slightly frustrating I think, more than once showing great skill to bring the ball out then hitting a long ball too early that ends up losing posession.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Bit harsh for bell, there were small snippets of decent play from him, the follow up, and when he drifted in centrally,

He isnt a wide man and that is hindering him,

I really think a league 1 loan would be beneficial for him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Mayulu is lovely isn’t he.  A skilful big-man, nice.

He's looking better every time I see him play. His movement for closing down is very good.

Just had the best thatchers apple rolling event you'll ever see.