IGNORED

Coventry City League Cup: Official Matchday Thread

Jerseybean

Another decent half. Great high press, and a nice mix of style/patterns of play. Well done Mr Manning.

Just need to take our chances - although Fally looks like he could deliver - and also stop playing those occasional sloppy passes.

Remains a bit of a mystery why we don’t get, at least on one side,  to the byline and cross the ball back across the penalty box. It’s those type of balls that Wells, Sykes and I suspect Fally thrive off. 

It's an open game, the sort that sometimes does a coaches head in. We've dominated the ball and intercepted well but again some sloppy passing in the final third has let us down. I'm continuing to be impressed by Fally. It's not just when he's on the ball or his hold up but he finds space takes up some really good positions. If we can keep feeding him he will score. 

Just now, Sleepy1968 said:

He's looking better every time I see him play. His movement for closing down is very good.

Just had the best thatchers apple rolling event you'll ever see.

I missed it, went out to make my tea,  what happened?

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Some decent stuff.

Very impressed with Mayulu, Roberts one brilliant run & Sykes certainly better than at the weekend.

Naismith & Wells are two clever footballers.

Shame about Bell, particularly as it will start off the injury crisis obsession on here again, but it’s been a good watch.

I’m here watching and I thought Wells has done really well. Surprised at some of the comments 

• Like 5
  • Robin 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

To add, I enjoyed that.

Absolutely. Yes we could be better with our decision making in the final third but you can definitely see a style of play developing. We look comfortable on the ball and defensively sound. Long may it continue. 

1 minute ago, Paulton Red said:

Best half time entertainment for a long time, can’t believe they invite him onto the pitch then chuck him out 

Funniest half time entertainment for a long time .. the fact he knee slid in front of the away fans then proceeded to stand there was amusing .. 

Edited by Brann-red

Just now, Davefevs said:

I missed it, went out to make my tea,  what happened?

I nearly missed it myself. Chap left the apple on the way line and ran down to cov end and did a slide. The goaded them a bit in fun. Then when a couple of steward ran over, ran up the pitch dribbling a ball and scored in the South Stand. Ran off to celebrate as 4 stewards cornered him to boos.

• Robin 1

7 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Not a great deal of entertainment, or quality, so far.

Couple of moments where Mayulu looks good but then not on the same wavelength at other times. 

Don’t know if it’s the commentator and the atmosphere but feels a bit flat. I want to see a bit more from us. 

I think I was being overly harsh. Whilst we have played well, I still think we could have shown a bit more quality though. Especially in attack. 

1 minute ago, YorkshireSection said:

Falls test will be how he plays on a cold, wet tuesday night away at a sparsely populated, Northern ground!

He looks class, just the player we need next season in the prem!

Two out of four already is not a bad start .

Just now, Red Army 87 said:

Interesting new (well new to me anyway) stat on the sky sports coverage - ‘clear cut chances’… both 0-0 at the moment. 

It’ll be something xG 0.25 or higher.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I’m here watching and I thought Wells has done really well. Surprised at some of the comments 

It’s because most on here don’t have a clue. It wasn’t long ago post the Exeter game people were writing Mayulu off already, now he’s the best thing since sliced bread.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Nice little surprise to come home from training and find a stream available, have the rules changed in the carabao cup this year then?

Appear to have Coventry comms though on this stream unfortunately 🤣

my stream has no commentary and no replays, it's almost like being there!

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Nice little surprise to come home from training and find a stream available, have the rules changed in the carabao cup this year then?

Appear to have Coventry comms though on this stream unfortunately 🤣

Could be worse- you could have the sky+ lad

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Think they need to adjust the floodlights on the Dolman side. Bit shadowy over there!

Looks like the lights in the stand itself not the flood lights. If so, good! Does my ******* head in we leave the stand lights on. Ruins the atmosphere of night games. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, One Team said:

Looks like the lights in the stand itself not the flood lights. If so, good! Does my ******* head in we leave the stand lights on. Ruins the atmosphere of night games. 

Yea it does look the lights in the Dolman are off but on in the South Stand.

23 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Just got home (birthday meal) other than Sky is there anywhere showing the game live for those of us unable to get to AG please🤞

Be careful with some of the streams on here as I've just spent c20 minutes trying to delete some malware.