IGNORED

Coventry City League Cup: Official Matchday Thread

Jerseybean

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I didn't think it was allowed? 3 at once I thought. 

Here's from the EFL website

8.1 Subject to Rule 8.3, in all Competition Matches, each Club is permitted to name up to nine substitutes on the Team Sheet, of whom not more than five may take part in the Competition Match. Each Club is only permitted a maximum of three opportunities to make substitutions during the Competition Match. Clubs may make substitutions at half time and any substitutions made will not count towards the maximum of three opportunities. A Club may make more than one substitution at each of its three opportunities.'

• Thanks 2

I'm not just saying this now, I've said it for ages, Naismith is a liability. Tries to be too clever on the ball or just generally too casual. Believes he's the whole 'ball playing centre back' a bit too much. I can't relax when he's on the pitch.

• Like 3

Just now, Jimbo76 said:

I'm not just saying this now, I've said it for ages, Naismith is a liability. Tries to be too clever on the ball or just generally too casual. Believes he's the whole 'ball playing centre back' a bit too much. I can't relax when he's on the pitch.

Seems to be at fault for a goal Every time he’s on the pitch 

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Naismith asleep for the goal there. Joe Williams looks like a player that’s just signed a lovely new deal…

I mentioned this on here he played for a new contract last season. 

6 minutes ago, Saborios Socks said:

I think you can tell that Manning seeing this as a bit of a training exercise. Taking Knight off at HT, Cornick on for Bell. No Armstrong.

He shouldn't be treating it like a training exercise results build momentum and confidence especially in the cup. 

Have we come out if the changing rooms for the 2nd half yet?

This is just becoming a training exercise for Coventry they don't look like they've gotten out of second gear this half.

I don't want to be too much of a downer but I feel like we'll struggle this season if we continue like this.

I think certain players have played their way out of a possible starting place on Saturday, the likes of Naismith, Roberts and Williams haven't done themselves many favours tonight

Edited by JBFC II

1 minute ago, Jose said:

Disappointing as there were positive signs in that first half. A bit of a mess this second half. 

Yes, we looked the more likely in the first half. Shows how important Knight is to us.

Bringing on Cornick was pointless, he has been as anonymous as Bell was.

• Like 2