IGNORED

The new floodlights are rubbish

4 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Mr. Kelly needs to answer the 2nd question, explaining exactly why such bright lights must be left on at Ashton Gate while it is not the case at many other grounds.

I'm far from convinced the club could not switch off the lights in the stands, or at the very least dim them significantly during play, if there was a will from those at AG to listen to the fans and just get on and do it.

If that is not the case perhaps Mr.Kelly can tell us who exactly is saying the lights must be left on, and so brightly, what is the precise reason the the club have been given, and, knowing it is spoiling the atmosphere, and the event, for many fans, have the club regularly sought a review of the decision on behalf of the fans? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Mr. Kelly needs to answer the 2nd question, explaining exactly why such bright lights must be left on at Ashton Gate while it is not the case at many other grounds.

I'm far from convinced the club could not switch off the lights in the stands, or at the very least dim them significantly during play, if there was a will from those at AG to listen to the fans and just get on and do it.

If that is not the case perhaps Mr.Kelly can tell us who exactly is saying the lights must be left on, and so brightly, what is the precise reason the the club have been given, and, knowing it is spoiling the atmosphere, and the event, for many fans, have the club regularly sought a review of the decision on behalf of the fans? 

The document it gives an indicator but I agree, it isn't desirable as to why.

The document seems to suggest that CCTV needs a certain level of light and illumination, a question is how far can we dim the lights in order for CCTV to work effectively and see all fans/the whole stand(s) at all times.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The document it gives an indicator but I agree, it isn't desirable as to why.

The document seems to suggest that CCTV needs a certain level of light and illumination, a question is how far can we dim the lights in order for CCTV to work effectively and see all fans/the whole stand(s) at all times.

So what do other grounds do regarding CCtv? Would be nice to hear from other supporters from Sheffield Wednesday etc or other non city fans that are on here to let us know what there clubs do regarding lighting on evening games.

• Like 1

Just now, Street red said:

So what do other grounds do regarding CCtv? Would be nice to hear from other supporters from Sheffield Wednesday etc or other non city fans that are on here to let us know what there clubs do regarding lighting on evening games.

It would and I agree.

The situation isn't desirable, but that document makes me wonder how much room for manoeuvre we have- could be a cosy carve-up behind closed doors between Club and SAG too of course. I'm open minded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It would and I agree.

The situation isn't desirable, but that document makes me wonder how much room for manoeuvre we have- could be a cosy carve-up behind closed doors between Club and SAG too of course. I'm open minded.

Is there not anyway this document can be renegotiated or amended as it was 2014 also security cameras have advanced since then regards hd 4k etc and night vision.

Regarding emergency lighting at the gate I've seen people comment on spot lights during night games and I'm thinking wouldn't they be emergency lighting? And shouldn't they be off? Because I cant recall seeing any lights off (Emergency lighting)in the south stand. As it states in that document. "Normal lighting" which I take is the normal tube lights and "Emergency lighting" which is back up for power cuts etc as the extra brite spotlights.

Edited by Street red

21 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

This is the council that wouldn't allow the club to invest in a new stadium on contaminated land... It's hardly going to make an embarrassing U-turn now by being seen to allow us to change a few light bulbs.

No, it's not.  The council were more than happy for us to build and gave us permission.  It was in the High Court (I think) that the Village Green ruling was made.

18 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I keep making an annual plea for shades to be fitted to the exit lights so that they don't shine directly across and ruin my already poor eyesight.

What an utterly ridiculous statement!  I for one want to know where the exits are in the Atyeo in case of an emergency in my seat in the completely separate South Stand.  How else would I know where to go.....?!?

• Haha 1

Not content with the normal stand lights being directed back at fans (especially in the dolman) which are blinding and don’t get turned off, we’ve now got the new floodlights which don’t actually illuminate the pitch!

• Like 1

Agreed. Watching on a dodgy feed with Coventry commentary (Virgin TV not working) And it’s very obvious there’s a problem in the 5-10 Yards from the Dolman touch line. 
The Coventry commentary duo have been talking about it, and have been checking for floodlight bulbs not working. But it looks awful on TV and rather tinpot. 

• Like 1

Watching on TV the Dolman looks very dark. Thought that's what people have wanted? The SS looks as bright as ever, obviously I can't see the Lansdown

26 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Just posted in match day thread, haven't we just upgraded the floodlights so now they are able to do light shows etc before the game!?

Maybe they have only installed the Lansdown side and they are brighter than the still to be installed Dolman side 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, chowie said:

Maybe they have only installed the Lansdown side and they are brighter than the still to be installed Dolman side 🤷🏻‍♂️

If the Dolman lights are the same as they were, would the light not be as it has been previously, and if not, enchanced by the new lights?

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

If the Dolman lights are the same as they were, would the light not be as it has been previously, and if not, enchanced by the new lights?

Dunno, was just my guess, I did see a video on X the other day showing them test them out and it just seemed to be the Lansdown side which made me think it could be the reason.

1 minute ago, chowie said:

Dunno, was just my guess, I did see a video on X the other day showing them test them out and it just seemed to be the Lansdown side which made me think it could be the reason.

It's very City, just like the stadium revamp and then leaving a dreadful public address system in the Dolman.

• Like 1

Sitting in the South Stand, the middle third of the pitch running lengthways was probably the perfect brightness. Looking to the Lansdown side it was slightly dimmer but still noticeably different to the middle third, and the Dolman side of the pitch was in shadows...very poorly lit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Sitting in the South Stand, the middle third of the pitch running lengthways was probably the perfect brightness. Looking to the Lansdown side it was slightly dimmer but still noticeably different to the middle third, and the Dolman side of the pitch was in shadows...very poorly lit.

As someone said the Coventry City match commentary team commentated for Paramount. They never stopped talking about the poor pitch lighting on the Dolman side. 

It did look dark for the players. Almost certainly the reason for us being so crap I’d say! 😂 

• Haha 2

I assumed it was the dodgy stream I was on which also had crowd sound which was about 3 seconds behind. But if these are events standard lights, then they are probably very versatile in their settings, so it's probably just a case of playing with the settings and angles.

• Admin
On 13/08/2024 at 21:10, myol'man said:

Dark down the Dolman touchline. 

Just to update on this, from a meeting with the club earlier today, it was noticed there was a dark patch along the touchline / front of the Dolman Stand, this has been addressed and the lights have been "tweaked" to resolve the problem

Next game they will be used are the Bears Vs Newcastle on Friday 27th September

• Like 1