IGNORED

Millwall at home match day thread

Jerseybean

15 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Those who have played for for both clubs include Gerard Lavin, Marvin Elliott, Brian Clark, George Saville, Benik Afobe and Joe Bryan.

Lets not forget Dean Horrix

• Like 3
  • Robin 8

Neil Harris will not be able to call upon the services of Murray Wallace, Billy Mitchell, Adam Mayor and Zian Flemming for the trip to Ashton Gate, with Japhet Tanganga also missing as he serves the final match of his three-match suspension following a red card at Swansea City on the final day of the 2023/24 season.

The Head Coach must decide how many of the side to be victorious at Fratton Park will keep their places in the starting XI; he made six changes in midweek, with Liam Roberts, Wes Harding, Danny McNamara, Alfie Massey, Aidomo Emakhu and Macaulay Langstaff all coming into the side. Kevin Nisbet, meanwhile, is also available should Harris wish to freshen things up in attack.

• Thanks 1

It’s the first home league match of the season so what to expect? This is a very good question and topicold. Are you all sitty comftybold two-square on your botty? Then I will begin. 

Who has that spare cashey in the pock to escape to the delighty of the footy? Pre match make sure you’re not in hungry mode in your tum so stock up on a Pie of Clarks. It is used very much among the supporter people in a kind of Loblolly of hotchpot which they do eat, called splodge

It will be warm. Dehydration can make you go  falolloped down the steps so keep the fluid in, but not too much cider as Haze puts you in a daze and woozy woo you go. Try 3  PG Tips in the potty. The clappy happers in Area 51 will woozle you to bouncy bouncy around the ground of deep joy,  but don’t clop your kneecabbers on the seats. Oh yes! 

So off you go trittly down the path to the stadium of footy and if you’re late because of too many pints of the panty dropper cider then oh, folly, folly 

One last dollop with the alignment of the cosmos. Have you heard it’s in the stars, next July we collide with Mars? Well did you ever? Deep joy

(With apologies to Stanley Unwin)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Heading to the gate for the first time for a while tomorrow, buzzing! 

Does the sports bar fill up early? Was going to head in early and watch the Ipswich v Liverpool game but didn't know what pubs on North Street would show it or just head to sports bar... 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, !james said:

Heading to the gate for the first time for a while tomorrow, buzzing! 

Does the sports bar fill up early? Was going to head in early and watch the Ipswich v Liverpool game but didn't know what pubs on North Street would show it or just head to sports bar... 

best bar to watch footy in bemmy Is colliers proper boozer but you have choice of about 20 bars 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

Looks like not many tickets left. Could be a great crowd and the sun will be shining. Anyone know how many Millwall have sold.

Looking forward to it personally.

Don’t think they sold that many less than 1500 don’t think they fancy it down here :laugh:

• Like 1

I always remember going to Cold Blow Lane in Autumn 1971, City were on motd and played some lovely football but went down 3-1 after scoring two own goals (Dickie Rooks scored one of them). I can't find the match video anywhere so I guess it must have been lost.

• Robin 1

7 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

I always remember going to Cold Blow Lane in Autumn 1971, City were on motd and played some lovely football but went down 3-1 after scoring two own goals (Dickie Rooks scored one of them). I can't find the match video anywhere so I guess it must have been lost.

I was there, didn't Barry Bridges get one ? Memory plays tricks but we either took the lead or equalised because I got excited and cheered, not a wise thing to do as I was on the famous "Half way line " !

Lots of city fans on a very full train coming up from Bridgwater this morning, great to see people you know for first time since last season, to think there will be be a great atmosphere today, got a feeling we are going to get a win today

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I was there, didn't Barry Bridges get one ? Memory plays tricks but we either took the lead or equalised because I got excited and cheered, not a wise thing to do as I was on the famous "Half way line " !

After scoring an early OG we then dominated and Peter Spiring scored a deserved leveller. Unfortunately soon after we scored a second OG and when pressing for a second goal got caught on the break and Gordon Bolland scored a late goal for Millwall thumping a shot from at least 20 yds out past Cashley.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

After scoring an early OG we then dominated and Peter Spiring scored a deserved leveller. Unfortunately soon after we scored a second OG and when pressing for a second goal got caught on the break and Gordon Bolland scored a late goal for Millwall thumping a shot from at least 20 yds out past Cashley.

Manning out !

:protest:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

What a memory you've got :clap:I knew it was Spiring , but couldn't remember how the scoring went , I also remember that our goal must have meant something at the time otherwise I'd have kept schtum !:boxing:

First league game season…interesting to see how LM calls this and the side he picks.. for sure some quality pros will not even make match day squad…

Millwall is normally a hard fought dour game…hope for an early goal to raise spirits.

Earthy or Twine to start….🙈 or both

Excited for today! Get a good result and this will be a decent start and hopefully generate enthusiasm for the season.

Said it in the Twine thread (somewhere buried!) that a quality he does bring is quality set pieces, and for a change we have players that can capitalise (i.e Dickie, big Rob, Fally).

I don't think we will see Twine and Earthy start together (much). Only formation that makes sense is a 3421, and playing that kind of nullifies the wingers we have. Then again, we have been quite fluid in shape so far and some one like Earthy is confident in CM or wider role. Let's wait and see.

I personally think they will alternate - it's a long season - sort of like Fally and Sincs up top. Both giving a different outlets and qualities that should cause oppositions problems throughout the game. I do hope with the players at our disposal, we will find a way to break through these deep sitting, low block teams. Has been a crux for many seasons, especially at home. 

Enjoy all - COYR 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, old_eastender said:

I presume as it’s 3pm KO it’s not on Sky, but will be on Robins TV?

Only on RobinsTV for non-UK viewers where foreign countries are not showing the game, due to the agreements with Sky and foreign TV companies.

54 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Millwall fans at TM this morning, not very nice are they! Come on city. 

There were a fair few on the train I was on coming from London. Thought it was a   London cab drivers day out :)

Edited by Reigate Red
  • Haha 1

Just now, HOZDA said:

Twine and Earthy on the bench! Don't think many predicted that 😯

Twine only signed yesterday and wasn't involved in training this week - tactics, game plan, etc - and Earthy hasn't yet played a game for us u21's or Even a 11 v 11 training match. No surprise l.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, David Brent said:

Let’s see how Williams responds 

Well he cost us 2 pts last Saturday with his needless challenge that gifted Hull the penalty, and was really poor when he came on an HT against Coventry. Really had hoped Twine or Earthy would start with Williams being kept on the bench. Very disappointed.

• Like 1

Just now, CodeRed said:

Twine only signed yesterday and wasn't involved in training this week - tactics, game plan, etc - and Earthy hasn't yet played a game for us u21's or Even a 11 v 11 training match. No surprise l.

Never expected Earthy or Twine to start, I expect them to get some minutes 2nd half but as expected 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

It makes sense, Earthy joined a few days ago and Twine only yesterday.

That side worked well v Hull in patches, hopefully we'll see similar today with some real quality to come on if needed

Surely the last time we see this line up though!!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Earthy you can kinda maybe understand. 

But Twine should have just been thrown in. He's familiar with us and our players and Manning. 

• Like 3

Shocking from Manning there. Hope he doesn’t regret it. 

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Earthy you can kinda maybe understand. 

But Twine should have just been thrown in. He's familiar with us and our players and Manning. 

Bottle job from Manning. Is he another Southgate? 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 4

2 minutes ago, HOZDA said:

Great substitute options mind! Think they will play a big part today

I expect to see Twine at some point especially if we go behind ! Earthy I think only gets on if we are at least 2 goals up.

• Like 1

Whilst I understand the not chucking twine or earthy in or changing the side , I do feel manning has a touch of the Southgate’s about him , 

he’s got the tools he now needs to use them unlike Southgate at the euros 

also feel there’s a few who now really need to up their game 

Williams / memehti and Sykes hopefully they do then obviously that benefits the team 

• Like 1