IGNORED

Millwall at home match day thread

Jerseybean

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I haven’t read this thread but I bet one or two or ten look like right ******* 😂😂😂😂

In fairness neither have I - but we did let a 2 goal lead slip in no time so I wouldn't be too harsh on anyone that wasn't impressed at that. 

No one in the ground around us were. 

1 minute ago, Malago said:

It’s not for now, now is for going out and getting bladdered, but tomorrow/Monday we need to talk about  how we blew a 2-0 lead and in general our game management.

It's not for now but tomorrow/Monday we need to talk about losing 3-2 to come out 4-3 winners with the goals from his two subs and game management.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Malago said:

It’s not for now, now is for going out and getting bladdered, but tomorrow/Monday we need to talk about  how we blew a 2-0 lead and in general our game management.

Agreed.

Also worth adding the context that the Millwall team we've scraped past today are expected to struggle this season.

Happy to come away with 3 points after a very dramatic game though!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

This is why I’m bald 

Best post of the day.

Then... errr...

14 minutes ago, prankerd said:

I give no credit for manning, its clearly the players that won this game as he couldn't even get them to hold a 2 nil lead

COME ON CITY!!

TIME TO GET DRUNK!!!!!

1 minute ago, Red said:

The game should never have gotten to the point of losing. Half time there should have been changes. Yeah easy to say that now but this is where Manning was pussy footing about. 

True, it should have been 2-2 without the ridiculous penalty decision.

Enjoy the 3 points tonight, we certainly wouldn't have won that match in the past, so that's a positive at least!

2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I know we moan about boring, mid-table City but I don't think my heart can survive the season if our games are all gonna be like that.

were up to 5th wtf wake me up :laugh:

1 minute ago, westonred said:

There was so much online hate for him last week so heres a shout out to Joe Williams who had a great game today

That's because he knows he could lose his place now, with all the new competition.

4 minutes ago, Randy Marsh II said:

In fairness neither have I - but we did let a 2 goal lead slip in no time so I wouldn't be too harsh on anyone that wasn't impressed at that. 

One of them was a penalty that should never have been given as it hit Tanners chest, that then seemed to knock us even more. I am not saying we would have held on without the penalty but it was a shocking decision.

• Like 6

Just now, PortInTheMorning said:

Redemption for Joe. What a cross! Thought he had a brilliant game.

Williams and Sykes, 90 and 86 minutes. Clearly Manning likes them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I give you August 1970

Bristol City 4-3 Sunderland 

I think the scoring went the same way too....I can't quite remember ! ( I of course mean can't remember this one )🤣

1-0,-1-1, 2-1, 3-1 HT. 3-2, 3-3, 4-3,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheReds said:

One of them was a penalty that should never have been given as it hit Tanners chest, that then seemed to knock us even more. I am not saying we would have held on without the penalty but it was a shocking decision.

Was it his chest? In the south stand it looked like his hand and all the arguments were how far his arm was?

14 minutes ago, redkev said:

How big is tonight’s humble pie going to be to feed all the earlier comments - oh dear 

Those posters wont eat humble pie

They will still think they are right 

The manager - subs  Tactics everything else was just luck

But what is nice is they will be hating  the rest of their weekend

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh II said:

Was it his chest? In the south stand it looked like his hand and all the arguments were how far his arm was?

No way that was his arm - saw it on Robins TV - couldn't believe it was given.

12 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Bird was outstanding. I was expecting him to be good but he surpassed it. Wow, what a player.

Thanks to fifa career mode back in the day, I have been a fan of bird and Knight for ages. Delighted when we got knight and Bird is a great addition also. Hope they can be a midfield for us for many years to come. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

I will shoveller i love humble pie

14 minutes ago, prankerd said:

The manager sets up the team and gives instructions...he messed up in the 2nd half clearly by the team letting in 3 goals in 10 mins...

You can't praise the manager for us coming back to win 4-3.. 

You’re not very good at thinking, are you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Maltshoveller said:

It's almost as if they want us to lose mate.

Find it really strange....and boring.

But they won't ruin my evening - and the majority of us on here.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

True, it should have been 2-2 without the ridiculous penalty decision.

Enjoy the 3 points tonight, we certainly wouldn't have won that match in the past, so that's a positive at least!

Well let’s hope the team see they can win games and to see many more of them this season 

11 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I give you August 1970

Bristol City 4-3 Sunderland 

I think the scoring went the same way too....I can't quite remember ! ( I of course mean can't remember this one )🤣

So what you're saying is, Manning is going to take us up in 6 years time?

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Malago said:

Penalty decision that wasn't, heads went down....poor defending x 2 - Next pint please. 🤣

#ThreePoints 

• Like 1

I was nervous about going 2 up, and quite right too, but 3 points and weirdly for once it's at the back we were 'different' but a bit concerned about about defence, at least we can juggle there.

Off for a well deserved beer...

Love City xxxx

13 minutes ago, Randy Marsh II said:

I’ll give you that. What I’m not having is idiots claiming the players don’t care and weren’t trying. Yes, we were shambolic for 15-20 minutes but that can be analysed another day. Lack of effort had **** all to do with it. More like misguided effort.

What we wanted was entertainment and we got it in spades. Armstrong was a beast, Bird was immense and Fally class. The link up with Bird and the finish had Premier League written all over it. Tonight is about a few beers and enjoy a brilliant comeback win playing some real quality football AT TIMES.

• Like 13
  • Flames 2

Great performance from max bird today and happy for sinc and his performance also ,total game of emotions which is why imo you can't knock the championship whomever you support, it just throws up these type of games regularly. Lots of happy faces coming out the ground   I hope it continues 👍 

• Like 2

What I love about that game is we've seen so many times City give up a lead at home and just be totally frustrated by shithousery and lack of belief.

Today we flipped the script, stood tall and showed our quality.

Sometimes in football, the best team just wins

• Like 7

Best most entertaining game I seen down the gate in a long time, 

So great to hear the whole ground loud and behind the boy at the end what a atmosphere,

other that 20 mins at start of the 2nd half we played really well, and really happy with our new players 

what a day

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Red said:

The game should never have gotten to the point of losing. Half time there should have been changes. Yeah easy to say that now but this is where Manning was pussy footing about. 

So easy in hindsight but I don’t think it really needed any subs at HT, just a bit of a wake up call - would have preferred that came from the manager’s talk than from Millwall’s 3 goals though

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Randy Marsh II said:

Yes 100%, I seen a replay and the Millwall comms even said that hit his chest. His hand was out though but no way the ref could have seen it hit his hand because it didn't, he reacted to the Millwall appeals. The worst thing about it is Tanner didn't even complain about it whatsoever from what I seen, he should have went mental. Then it seemed our heads dropped even more.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I’ll give you that. What I’m not having is idiots claiming the players don’t care and weren’t trying. Yes, we were shambolic for 15-20 minutes but that can be analysed another day. Lack of effort had **** all to do with it. More like misguided effort.

What we wanted was entertainment and we got it in spades. Armstrong was a beast, Bird was immense and Fally class. The link up with Bird and the finish had Premier League written all over it. Tonight is about a few beers and enjoy a brilliant comeback win playing some real quality football AT TIMES.

Well bloody said sir!

13 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

I really don't know why they bother as nothing about the club ever  gives them any joy just constant moaning and groaning. I bet they didn't  even celebrated the winning goal,sad really to waste your time with something that makes you miserable.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Spot on. Get behind the lads, we’ve got a good squad with some real quality in places.

The maddest match I've ever seen at the gate.

Didn't look a pen for 2-2.

Substitution's absolutely changed the game.

Fally looks a steal,,perfect start for Twine,,George looked class- his movement was excellent.

We would no way have won a game like this last season.

I'm exhausted 😆

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm glad we aren't pissing around in respect of a back 3, credit to Manning there too.

Two of goals we conceded, brilliant for their 3rd and Penalty probably shouldn't have been.

Our numbers are not bad. We are 4 Goals and 3 Points up on the equivalent fixtures last season, with 2 more conceded. Absolute joy to win like that though, Spirit never say die.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

I really don't know why they bother as nothing about the club ever  gives them any joy just constant moaning and groaning. I bet they didn't  even celebrated the winning goal,sad really to waste your time with something that makes you miserable.

It’s totally the opposite,it’s no good just flinging on subs when he could of done things to see a game out at half time,if you think that’s sustainable then Jesus but anyway my heart is still racing because the city won dispite you thinking everyone who doesn’t agree with you don’t want them to 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'd love to see the penalty again.

However buzzing at the result, the spirit..the start wad electric too.

These early goals will do the strikers a lot of good. Both are relatively raw or new so this will be great for confidence.

Atmosphere last 10-15 especially..🔥

Wasn't even close to a pen Mr P. Glad you had a good day!

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Wow. What a game. I missed two of thir goals so in my mind we won 4-1 🤣🤣

Don't even know where to begin with unpacking that so I won't and will instead enjoy a few beets to sooth the throat.

Haha, sometimes analysis isn't necessary :city:

• Like 1