IGNORED

Millwall at home match day thread

Jerseybean

Jesus that was such a ride, I'm still majorly frustrated with our performance as a whole but at least we saw a bite towards the end that got us the 3 points.
I don't see us getting away with that as much in future games but it shows we can create and score goals at least.

• Like 2

FT!!

Well it wasn't pretty and there's clearly a lot of work to be done, but to come back to win that speaks volumes.

Millwall had won 4 of their last 5 at ours, so always good to get a win over them.

Still just as many questions as answers, but that's a match we would have lost 12 months ago, fair play to Manning, the coaches and the players for picking up those three points

• Like 4

Just now, prankerd said:

I give no credit for manning, its clearly the players that won this game as he couldn't even get them to hold a 2 nil lead

So the players are responsible for coming back but not responsible for losing a 2 goal lead and the opposition played no part at all OK we get it you don't like Liam Manning.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I switched off after Millwall scored their first. Knew exactly what was going to happen.. check the score 15 minutes later and surprise surprise ! What an absolute steaming turd of a football club we are.

Oops… What I meant by that was…. Um…. Ummmmm. You know….

Well I guess I got what I deserved there! Gobsmacked honestly. Things like this just don’t happen at Bristol City. 

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

So you think we should just accept decisions like that?

The thing is we do if it is against us, yet if it was for us the same poster would be telling us all how lucky we were and it shouldn't have been given. It's the same few posters on every match thread with the same lines every single time.

• Flames 1

My mum and dad have got the kids for the weekend. The wife and I have thrown the tent into the back of the car and sodded off camping for the weekend. I'm sitting in the warm sunshine drinking Blackthorn Reserve listening to 5 Live. 

The lads win 4-3

My adopted home of Walsall smash Swindle 4-0 and Albert scores

If this Saturday could get any better I want to know how. 

🤣

• Like 4

Fally is a very good player, next season he won't play for us anymore. He can shoot with boot feet, decent technically, looks strong also. I like him more than Armstrong but Armstrong can play wide also.

• Like 1

Just now, Mihai said:

Fally is a very good player, next season he won't play for us anymore. He can shoot with boot feet, decent technically, looks strong also. I like him more than Armstrong but Armstrong can play wide also.

I beat you to it I said virtually the same last week after one game, completely agree we'll struggle to hold on to him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

So the players are responsible for coming back but not responsible for losing a 2 goal lead and the opposition played no part at all OK we get it you don't like Liam Manning.

The manager sets up the team and gives instructions...he messed up in the 2nd half clearly by the team letting in 3 goals in 10 mins...

You can't praise the manager for us coming back to win 4-3.. 

• Confused 6
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, prankerd said:

The manager sets up the team and gives instructions...he messed up in the 2nd half clearly by the team letting in 3 goals in 10 mins...

You can't praise the manager for us coming back to win 4-3.. 

I can and I will because I don't have an axe to grind

• Like 2

Need to see the goals back, and whether they were great goals or shit defending Milwall got into the box far too often.

That being said, we played some excellent football at times. Bird, Twine and Earthy all look like major improvements on the side from last season, Armstrong was excellent too. Pring overlapped very well. 

Just now, ORANGE500 said:

stupid comment really mate when he brought to subs on and they scored the goals that won the game

Yep it must be a tough decision to bring on subs when you are desperate, after blowing a 2 goal cushion..

Im pretty sure half the forum were saying Millwall were knocking at the door before half time.. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

My mum and dad have got the kids for the weekend. The wife and I have thrown the tent into the back of the car and sodded off camping for the weekend. I'm sitting in the warm sunshine drinking Blackthorn Reserve listening to 5 Live. 

The lads win 4-3

My adopted home of Walsall smash Swindle 4-0 and Albert scores

If this Saturday could get any better I want to know how. 

🤣

For a second there I thought you’d gone camping in Walsall 😂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

His changes which turned the game in our favour?

The game should never have gotten to the point of losing. Half time there should have been changes. Yeah easy to say that now but this is where Manning was pussy footing about. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2