IGNORED

Ticket issues email update

If you are having trouble using your phone wallet to access the season ticket, there was an email sent with an "update wallet" button on it for both Apple and Android. 

Check your deleted items and junk mail.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

If you are having trouble using your phone wallet to access the season ticket, there was an email sent with an "update wallet" button on it for both Apple and Android. 

Thanks. My ticket didn't work today, it's saying 2425 season but vs is blank instead of vs Millwall

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Thanks clicking on that email link worked, now showing Coventry 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MattWSM said:

Thanks. My ticket didn't work today, it's saying 2425 season but vs is blank instead of vs Millwall

That was the problem a lot of us were having, I queued up at the ticket office with a load of others, when someone said there was an email link that would update it.

It did, but then the wallet app crashed and I had to restart my phone.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

Lessons learned I suppose.

Fell into the same trap, thought my season ticket had updated automatically because in my wallet it said 24-25 season, so didn't pay too much attention to the email and junked it, thinking it was for new season tickets only. Oh well never mind, missed the first goal but happy I witnessed another six!

Big up to @Port Said Red for the heads up.

Edited by McNasty Filth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dr Balls said:

Also told a number of the physical cards didn’t work or hadn’t turned up in time for today’s game. Unfortunately  seems very like BS organisation - or lack of!

I had this issue. 
The steward literally just waved me thru and opened up the turnstile. 

They sent the email before they updated the system, I followed the instructions and the expired passes i had kept reappearing after deletion, this morning I was able to delete the expired passes and my wallet was updated seconds later. 
I find it hard to believe that there is anyone that knows what they are doing in the IT department.

Edited by Wrongagain

15 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

I had this issue. 

They wouldn’t let me and my dad through with the same issue, had to queue up at the ticket office on the other side of the ground. I get it, but the lack of common sense was a bit frustrating

• Like 1

Just now, Harvey86 said:

They wouldn’t let me and my dad through with the same issue, had to queue up at the ticket office on the other side of the ground. I get it, but the lack of common sense was a bit frustrating

Yup- the steward looked pretty fed up, and a load behind me were shouting hurry up- so maybe that aided my case! 

It’s not ideal tho- and needs sorting 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

I had this issue. 

Same’ there were a few people just getting waved through’ think the stewards started to panic a bit because the queues were getting big 

Its a fairly common feature for passes in apple wallet that (not the senders fault, sometime apple), if your pass is not showing for the next home game, simply click on the three little dots in a circle at the top of the pass in wallet, click on pass details, slide the slider on automatic updates to off and then back on.  The pass will then update.

I sometimes think its not the technology at fault but maybe some of our ticket holders don't use passes like this on a regular basis in their phones and simply defer to passing blame back to BCFC?

• Thanks 1

I have both my own season ticket and my foster son’s in my Apple wallet. Mine was showing but had not updated so I turned notifications off and then on again. It then updated for next Saturday but the other one was not visible at all. I then went back to the email and downloaded his again which appeared and then disappeared immediately. After another failed attempt to add it I found it in expired passes and clicked on un-hide. Both now okay.

• Like 1

I haven’t received my pass for Coventry yet, is that normal? After the Millwall game there were two expired passes for some reason so I deleted both, I wonder if I’ve done something to disable my season card on my iPhone as it isn’t there in Wallet. Any suggestions? I’ve emailed BCFC but no response yet. I haven’t still got the email that went out about updating the wallet.

As someone returning to AG from exile, the entry system as a whole is a shambles.

This is a process and technology used on trains, tube, etc. Why it's such a mess at AG is beyond me.

They also need more staff at the turnstiles to clear issues.

So far, everyone seems okay to wait, but as season goes on and the weather worsens, patience will run thin.

2 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

As someone returning to AG from exile, the entry system as a whole is a shambles.

This is a process and technology used on trains, tube, etc. Why it's such a mess at AG is beyond me.

So far, everyone seems okay to wait, but as season goes on and the weather worsens, patience will run thin.

It worked for us.  Tickets in wallets, very little delay at the turnstiles, bosh.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

It worked for us.  Tickets in wallets, very little delay at the turnstiles, bosh.

Well, Saturday at the South Stand there were queues of people. I'm going on what I observe.

11 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

I've had a smooth process using Google Wallet since the club introduced it. Not helpful for others, just strange that there is such a wide range of experience.

Which may be the problem - it may be that (say) the South Stand tends to see a lot of late arrivals, as people congregate near the bar and food stands - more so than say in the Dolman or Lansdown. So more of a last minute rush?

1 hour ago, Richard Head said:

I haven’t received my pass for Coventry yet, is that normal? After the Millwall game there were two expired passes for some reason so I deleted both, I wonder if I’ve done something to disable my season card on my iPhone as it isn’t there in Wallet. Any suggestions? I’ve emailed BCFC but no response yet. I haven’t still got the email that went out about updating the wallet.

Mine still hadn’t updated last night: I just turned notifications off and on again and that did the trick.

However, unlike yours, it was still showing as a current pass - just with the Millwall game still showing.

Sounds like you might be right that you’ve deleted the season card from the wallet. Hopefully you’ll hear from the club. But I wonder if it’s worth going into your Bristol Sport account, finding your season ticket, and seeing if you can download it into your wallet again??

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

In fairness, it’s the same process and technology that they used last season, largely problem free. Apart from a small number of issues at the start (when it was brand new) last season seemed to all work pretty well.

I’m not sure why the new season seems to have come with a hiccup - but if last season is a guide then I’d be confident they’ll get any glitches sorted and it won’t go on into the season. 

48 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Mine still hadn’t updated last night: I just turned notifications off and on again and that did the trick.

However, unlike yours, it was still showing as a current pass - just with the Millwall game still showing.

Sounds like you might be right that you’ve deleted the season card from the wallet. Hopefully you’ll hear from the club. But I wonder if it’s worth going into your Bristol Sport account, finding your season ticket, and seeing if you can download it into your wallet again??

Thanks Dave. I called supporters’ services and they resent the email regarding downloading, so I’m happy now!

• Robin 1

7 hours ago, Richard Head said:

Scroll to the bottom of the wallet and go to expired passes. You should find it there. Chose the unhide option and then you may need to toggle the auto update off and on.

These are all standard things with wallet passes and I don’t get why everyone is quick to put this all on BCFC, when it’s just as likely to be an Apple issue!

On 21/08/2024 at 16:08, David Woody said:

Scroll to the bottom of the wallet and go to expired passes. You should find it there. Chose the unhide option and then you may need to toggle the auto update off and on.

These are all standard things with wallet passes and I don’t get why everyone is quick to put this all on BCFC, when it’s just as likely to be an Apple issue!

I wasn’t putting it all on BCFC (or Apple), in fact I spoke to the club and they helpfully resent me the email so I could reinstall my card. All sorted.

On 17/08/2024 at 19:35, Vespa Red said:

The transferred tickets didn't work either.   Spent the first 10 minutes of the game queueing to get a physical ticket.  usual new season teething cock up.

Had a call from a mate I forwarded mine to saying he did not get the email is this the same for you? Was too late to do anything about it

• Like 1

Had a problem today as this week's ticket showing correct game etc wouldn't register. Turnstile supervisor tried to no avail and swiped me through advising ring the club let them know and they will send a new email. Also adding there have been others like this today.

Just checked ticket and it's already updated to the next home game in a month's time. The mind boggles.