IGNORED

Fally Mayulu

Red Army 75

Being able to rotate him and Armstrong is going to be massive for us this season.

To have the luxury to take one off after 60 minutes and bring another quality striker on is something we haven't been able to do in a long time. All very exciting

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Henry said:

I’ll be absolutely amazed if he doesn’t get a red card this season. I can not wait for it!

Yeah does look a bit fiery, looked like he tried to take Bryan down the back of his leg, 

Saying that, this does look like an inspired signing 

13 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

Yeah does look a bit fiery, looked like he tried to take Bryan down the back of his leg, 

Bryan started it, but Bryan went straight over to Fally at FT to hug it out.

12 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Eh?

I like a bit of fire in a player who plays on the edge. We’re been too nice for too long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

We appear to have some very classy players in this team.

Very early days but could be an interesting season in a good way once the new players are bedded in.

And managed effectively 

Whoever doesn’t start next Saturday of Sincs and Fally can feel exceptionally hard done by. Both have made phenomenal starts to their City careers - and deserve all the plaudits. 

Now, can we put Sincs right-wing and play both…

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

That goal was sublime, I should imagine that for Liam Manning that must be the closest you can get to all your work during the week manifesting itself on the pitch. 

What looked like a slow build suddenly switches in 3 passes, Fally lays it off to Bird spins in behind and sweeps the perfect through ball into the far corner. 

I can't wait to see it again, I hope they show the whole if it on the highlights.

It also looks like Fally has really taken to the crowd, and vice versa.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, MythikRobins said:

He’s unbelievable. I knew he was good from watching replays and seeing his finishing but he’s clearly improved since then. Won’t be here long…

We could, in theory, find a buyer and move him on before September. Turn a profit. Tidy. Build that nest egg/bide our time?

• Haha 3

Really impressed, got an excellent first touch, appears equally adept with both feet & seemingly every shot hits the target.

Liked that he wasn’t averse to getting involved in a bit of nonsense with Joe Bryan near the end.

Brilliant start by him.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The thing I've noticed about Fally is that he always gets his shot off.  Like a lot of us, I would love to see Fally and Sinclair play together.

It must be the relief and joy of winning but your post seems so wrong on so many levels. 

@Rudolf Hucker is such a bad influence.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

54 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Two super strikes . Looks class. Armstrong is a real handful as well. Would love to see if they could play together. 

Not sure if I follow obsession of playing them both together. Thought he had more than enough quality playing on top on his own and this allowed us to dominate midfield. 

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Whoever doesn’t start next Saturday of Sincs and Fally can feel exceptionally hard done by. Both have made phenomenal starts to their City careers - and deserve all the plaudits. 

Now, can we put Sincs right-wing and play both…

Start Fally - and if not going to plan let Sincs smash them last 25.

Really want to see Hirakawa.

Main critique of today was Mehmeti was woeful again (goal aside)

Get another winger in to rotate with Sykes/Anis and I think we can be quite optimistic.

Edited by Fuber
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Certainly found the g spot!

13 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Scoring a goal is a bit like making love to a beautiful woman. 

8 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

How so?

The answer was in the post above

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Haha, don't get me started on Swiss Tony jokes....... Erecting a tent is very muck like making love to a beautiful woman 😂

16 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I wouldn’t know 👀

6 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Start Fally - and if not going to plan let Sincs smash them last 25.

Really want to see Hirakawa.

Main critique of today was Mehmeti was woeful again (goal aside)

Get another winger in to rotate with Sykes/Anis and I think we can be quite optimistic.

How long until our kamikaze winger is fit 

1 minute ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Feels harsh on Armstrong who was incredible today but think Maylulu should be starting striker. What a find he’s been

What a great dilemma!

• Robin 1

6 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Feels harsh on Armstrong who was incredible today but think Maylulu should be starting striker. What a find he’s been

Think what we’ve done so far works, Armstrong battering the defence for an hour, tiring them out and then Mayulu using his pace to take advantage of tired legs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Red Billy said:

When you compare him to Armstrong he has that kind of lazy look to him. But boy does he know where the back of the net is. Unlucky today to not have at least two.

Very Very calmly placed it in the corner today. Indication of a proper striker 👏 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I think we'll see them rotated, which to be fair is no different to what we had most of last season with Conway and Wells.

1 hour ago, Henry said:

I’ll be absolutely amazed if he doesn’t get a red card this season. I can not wait for it!

Yep, we were chatting pre-match and saying the same, he’ll elbow a CB in the mush I’m sure before the season is out.  Got a bit of Kodjia temperament in him I reckon.

1 hour ago, BarnzFM said:

I thought Bryan started it, but probably a bit of both.

55 minutes ago, Henry said:

Bryan started it, but Bryan went straight over to Fally at FT to hug it out.

I like a bit of fire in a player who plays on the edge. We’re been too nice for too long.

Probably conversing in French.  Maybe that’s what started it!

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

Oh, i thought some dissatisfaction when everyone realises it wasnt actually in.

Are we still talking about making love to a beautiful woman?

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Armstrong and Mayulu already look like inspired signings.

Bird is brilliantly and Twine might be too.

Throw in Yu and Earthy (assuming they are a a similar level) and that is a very tasty set of attacking players.

1 minute ago, NDW4CITY said:

Throw in Yu and Earthy (assuming they are a a similar level) and that is a very tasty set of attacking players.

Thought Earthy looked very neat and tidy with the ball when he came on. Didn’t have much time to make an impression but equally didn’t make a bad impression. 

• Like 1

All 4 goals we scored today were really good. No scuffing in from 2 yards or undeserved penalties. If this is “front foot football” bring it on!

And yes Fally does look the real deal. His shooting ability, particularly how many are on target, is what marks him out as special. And I agree if we don’t get promotion this season (and that is the most enormous “if”) I can see a PL club coming in for him, because those skills are extremely valuable at even the highest levels.

Edited by Dr Balls

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Being able to rotate him and Armstrong is going to be massive for us this season.

To have the luxury to take one off after 60 minutes and bring another quality striker on is something we haven't been able to do in a long time. All very exciting

For my money that should be the tactic. Sinclair to press, bully and run CH’s ragged for 60 mins, then bring Fally on against knackered defenders. I think Armstrong will get quite a few ‘uncredited assists’ this year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Two super strikes . Looks class. Armstrong is a real handful as well. Would love to see if they could play together. 

Was disappointed Manning didn’t keep Armstrong on over Sykes. I thought those first two changes were very strange. He got away with it today, team selection and also subs suspect. Excellent last 10 mins and first 12 mins, however was shocked at how open and sloppy we were in between. Starting to think Atkinson is needed sooner than we think. 

• Facepalm 2

49 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

He’s tall, strong, quick, good hold up play, good feet, scored with two great finishes in two games. He’s gonna do well with Bird at Bournemouth next season.

Look we were talking at this stage of the season a few years ago about how Massengo was gonna be our first £30m player 😂

Let's just see how it pans out, but on current,  limited evidence we stand to make a hefty profit on 1 or 2 players all going well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mozo said:

Look we were talking at this stage of the season a few years ago about how Massengo was gonna be our first £30m player 😂

Let's just see how it pans out, but on current,  limited evidence we stand to make a hefty profit on 1 or 2 players all going well.

Massengo did nothing in those first appearances, my unrivalled talent ID suggests Mayulu is the one!