IGNORED

Fally Mayulu

Red Army 75

There's a trick that Snowboarders and Surfers use to find out which of your feet is more dominant.

You stand behind the person, who is stood still with his feet together.

You push them.

Whatever foot they put forward first, to stop themselves falling over, is their dominant foot. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Why is the writer talking market value if selling in January????

3 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

That article is quite speculative followed by a rehashed quote from Manning.  

I think if Fally meets what looks to be his potential then £5m is a stupid number.  If he bangs in 15 this season it gives him a fairly hefty price tag.  Conversely he might struggle at this level and only be worth a fraction of what we paid.  It all depends on what happens over the next few weeks.

I've got high hopes of him and Armstrong playing together.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

On 03/09/2024 at 10:32, spudski said:

There's a trick that Snowboarders and Surfers use to find out which of your feet is more dominant.

You push them.

Whatever foot they put forward first, to stop themselves falling over, is their dominant foot. 

Poor old Marley Watkins would just face-plant the floor.

• Haha 4
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Stop it...:laugh: you said his right was a swinger which infers his right was weaker....however I am sure you know your right from your left unlike some on here.😃

No I didn’t!

I did infer his left is stronger than his right, with I stand by.

i scored thunderbastards with my left, I took corners with either foot, but it was still a tad weaker than my right.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No I didn’t!

i scored thunderbastards with my left, I took corners with either foot, but it was still a tad weaker than my right.

Those clips tell me a different story, but ain't gonna argue with a goal scoring centre half that scores ' thunderbastards.'😱

Best ask him when you see him Dave

• Haha 1

You push them.

When my wife pushes me from behind , it’s usually my head I land on , so does that make me right or left footed 🤷

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No I didn’t!

Why were you, a centre half taking corners? Poor tactics if you ask me. 🤣

23 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Why were you, a centre half taking corners? Poor tactics if you ask me. 🤣

I didn’t play centre half for every team I played for, I played up-top a fair bit after my ACL too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I didn’t play centre half for every team I played for, I played up-top a fair bit after my ACL too.

Who was the best player you played with or against in local football Dave ,

I would say mine was a lad called Gary Bell ( really quick even quicker feet and knew where the net was ) and now and again Micky Tanner would turn out for us on a sunday , hard as nails in the tackle and got up for a header higher than anyone I have seen in amateur football 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, redkev said:

Who was the best player you played with or against in local football Dave ,

I would say mine was a lad called Gary Bell ( really quick even quicker feet and knew where the net was ) and now and again Micky Tanner would turn out for us on a sunday , hard as nails in the tackle and got up for a header higher than anyone I have seen in amateur football 

As a kid, Julian Dicks was best opponent (lost 11-0 he scored 8…no I wasn’t marking him, I was in midfield).  He was brilliant.  Best teammate as a kid, Chris Greenman, he went on to play for Coventry.

As an adult, that’s tougher to answer.  Brad Haynes, at Bris, or Mark (Blobsy) Brown at Odd Down were the most talented teammates.  Sorry @Shuffle you didn’t quite make the list!

Opponents, even tougher. I do remember playing against Martin Grimshaw, and I went through the back of him, and he just laughed at me and ran me ragged all game after that! 😀😀😀

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As a kid, Julian Dicks was best opponent (lost 11-0 he scored 8…no I wasn’t marking him, I was in midfield).  He was brilliant.  Best teammate as a kid, Chris Greenman, he went on to play for Coventry.

As an adult, that’s tougher to answer.  Brad Haynes, at Bris, or Mark (Blobsy) Brown at Odd Down were the most talented teammates.  Sorry @Shuffle you didn’t quite make the list!

Opponents, even tougher. I do remember playing against Martin Grimshaw, and I went through the back of him, and he just laughed at me and ran me ragged all game after that! 😀😀😀

Yep remember some of them names , Martin grimshaw and Brad Haynes I remember and obviously Julian Dicks 

my equivalent to David Kelly of Walsall always scoring against city was Keith paice who always scored against any team I was playing for 

also forgot played against Garry Smart on a Sunday tbf gashead or not he was decent 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You've got a good memory Julian Dicks he was playing for West Ham when my housemate a West Ham fan idolised him as a London boy.  I was what was Dave doing playing youth football in London.  I'm now educated Dicks was a Bristol boy.

Should I get in touch and break my old house mates heart?  

• Haha 1

You push them.

Same test for weightlifting in the split jerk but actually it’s usually your non-dominant foot that goes forward. In snowboarding you’d use your dominant foot at the back to steer and generally your non-kicking foot is better for balance, which would be at the front.

53 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Same test for weightlifting in the split jerk but actually it’s usually your non-dominant foot that goes forward. In snowboarding you’d use your dominant foot at the back to steer and generally your non-kicking foot is better for balance, which would be at the front.

You must’ve played against some ballers?

1 hour ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

You've got a good memory Julian Dicks he was playing for West Ham when my housemate a West Ham fan idolised him as a London boy.  I was what was Dave doing playing youth football in London.  I'm now educated Dicks was a Bristol boy.

Wait until you find out Darren Peacock wasn’t a Geordie! 😂😂😂

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Wait until you find out Darren Peacock wasn’t a Geordie! 😂😂😂

That whole period I do struggle with but he's definitely Scottish.  What I didn't realise with him though was, he signed for Man City for 500k flopped and was shipped out to us for 600k.  That was some good business considering they had just taken the Goat off us, *******!

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

That whole period I do struggle with but he's definitely Scottish.  What I didn't realise with him though was, he signed for Man City for 500k flopped and was shipped out to us for 600k.  That was some good business considering they had just taken the Goat off us, *******!

I take it you mean Lee Peacock.

I was referring to this guy:

IMG_1602.jpeg

13 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

He was and a right dirty barsteward too, Novers Lane 'educated', and his Dad was a fork Lift driver for Courage, what's not to like?

17 hours ago, redkev said:

Yep remember some of them names , Martin grimshaw and Brad Haynes I remember and obviously Julian Dicks 

my equivalent to David Kelly of Walsall always scoring against city was Keith paice who always scored against any team I was playing for 

also forgot played against Garry Smart on a Sunday tbf gashead or not he was decent 

Great lad is Keith and ST holder in the Lansdown.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Tyning for me, explains a lot 😃😃😃

On my first day at hengrove, because I didn't come from petherton road, but hareclive.

They quite literally had no place for me, I spent my whole first morning waiting for them to find me a space.

Panic, panic... Finally a space 🤣

29 minutes ago, The turtle said:

On my first day at hengrove, because I didn't come from petherton road, but hareclive.

They quite literally had no place for me, I spent my whole first morning waiting for them to find me a space.

Panic, panic... Finally a space 🤣

They’d probably expelled someone by first break!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Those of us educated within a mile of Ashton Gate (Ashton Gate Primary, Ashton Park) would disagree. :)

From your profile, you're 6 years ahead of me, but I'd hope you might recognise Mr Jones, Mrs Dash or Mr Searle from Ashton Gate, or maybe Mr Cleaton or Mr Jarvis from Ashton Park?

4 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

From your profile, you're 6 years ahead of me, but I'd hope you might recognise Mr Jones, Mrs Dash or Mr Searle from Ashton Gate, or maybe Mr Cleaton or Mr Jarvis from Ashton Park?

Mr Jones the big rugby fan (not surprisingly) :)

Mrs Dash yes

Mr Woods as well?

I once won 50p off Mr Searle for the being the first pupil to beat him at chess. He played to county standard and arranged for me to play for Bristol Schools after. I played 3 times before I was 11. 

We also had a teacher who was jailed for running in the pitch at Twickenham and throwing tacks to disrupt the South African tour match. :)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Mr Jones the big rugby fan (not surprisingly) :)

Mrs Dash yes

Mr Woods as well?

I once won 50p off Mr Searle for the being the first pupil to beat him at chess. He played to county standard and arranged for me to play for Bristol Schools after. I played 3 times before I was 11. 

We also had a teacher who was jailed for running in the pitch at Twickenham and throwing tacks to disrupt the South African tour match. :)

Yep, remember Mr Woods. Mr Thompson ran the chess club when I was there. I never managed to get to #1 on the chess ladder (#2 or #3, no problem). I played for Avon Schools (Primary) as did a couple of my classmates. I wouldn't know one side of a rook from the other now.