IGNORED

NEXT SAT

Topper 123

9 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Coventry will sell their allocation for sure 

That they will.

What is their allocation is the question, think it was 2.5k in the Cup. Atyeo holds 4.2kish but is only permitted to sell 3.4k or thereabouts for football.

Maybe more like 22.5-23.5k.

It wasn't a great attendance yesterday by our standards and reflective of a pretty apathetic fanbase after last season plus mundane opponents. (Most other opening games have been better attended in recent seasons before anyone mentions holidays)

Expecting at least 24k next week though with more away fans and its a big game for us to showcase play off ambitions against a direct rival 

Edited by cidercity1987
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

It wasn't a great attendance yesterday by our standards and reflective of a pretty apathetic fanbase after last season plus mundane opponents. (Most other opening games have been better attended in recent seasons before anyone mentions holidays)

Expecting at least 24k next week though with more away fans and its a big game for us to showcase play off ambitions against a direct rival 

Millwall brought about 900 maybe.

Official sold about 19.8k/22.8k in Home Areas.

(Yes I know Sold vs showing up difference).

For the record this is our 2nd Highest for Tickets Sold Attendance v Millwall since they came back up..only higher was New Years Day 2024.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I think from our point of view it was about average. Millwall had about 1k , if it was next Saturday's opponents that extra 1500 for a sell out takes the attendance to 22,200 . 

With luck next week should be nearer 24k.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think from our point of view it was about average. Millwall had about 1k , if it was next Saturday's opponents that extra 1500 for a sell out takes the attendance to 22,200 . 

With luck next week should be nearer 24k.

12:30 KO and on Sky+ though.

• Like 1

They've been allocated 3k apparently, nothing to say whether that's an initial allocation although it reads like thats all they're going to get.

They haven't sold out yet but would be very surprised if they didn't 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

12:30 KO and on Sky+ though.

True , but I don't think that will effect too many. 
Cov will still sell out , then we just have to hope the entertaining win and goals make a difference. 

• Like 2

School holidays and lots of people away, you could see that yesterday up in the family area add this to a 12:30 kick off , this will be around an announced figure of 20,000 including Coventry, people actually there close to 17,000z

Just on another note. How full did the South Stand look from either side stand? In my row, the 5 seats next to me that , last season, were taken as Season cards by a lad on his own who admitted he sits in the Dolman with his mates , and only joins us for the sell outs and a father with 4 kids, some of whom hardly came, were obviously not renewed due the price hike, and were sold to 5 guys as matchday tickets. Hard to tell if it looked any more full than normal after the pricing initiative to get more POTD.

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Trouble is, we never seem to produce two good performances on the trot at AG. No doubt there are examples but that is how it feels these past few years...

Think that’s been happening for years rich , the Saturday/ Tuesday scenario nine times out of ten we generally win on the Saturday then if you been going to the gate for years you know what’s coming on the Tuesday unfortunately 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bcfccity said:

School holidays and lots of people away, you could see that yesterday up in the family area add this to a 12:30 kick off , this will be around an announced figure of 20,000 including Coventry, people actually there close to 17,000z

There will be comfortably more than that considering Coventry will bring 3k

22k minimum I would say, with less than that actually there

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

They've been allocated 3k apparently, nothing to say whether that's an initial allocation although it reads like thats all they're going to get.

They haven't sold out yet but would be very surprised if they didn't 

Since there resurgence with the new chairman playing back at the Ricoh and robins being there there fans have really got on board with the club , like you I will be very very surprised if they don’t sell out 

• Like 1

If there are more games like yesterday and fally getting rave reviews along with Bird and Yu yet to play ( and a lot of people eager to see him play ) I can see attendance’s growing a fair bit , obviously results will be key 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Just on another note. How full did the South Stand look from either side stand? In my row, the 5 seats next to me that , last season, were taken as Season cards by a lad on his own who admitted he sits in the Dolman with his mates , and only joins us for the sell outs and a father with 4 kids, some of whom hardly came, were obviously not renewed due the price hike, and were sold to 5 guys as matchday tickets. Hard to tell if it looked any more full than normal after the pricing initiative to get more POTD.

I sit in the back row of block 22. Normally there are easily blocks of 2,3,4 seats empty in the rows in front of me.

However yesterday I think there was literally the one or two empty odd seats.

• Like 1

12.30 KO will have a massive impact, on TV too adult price £25+

a lot of fans yesterday on mates rates codes won’t return next week because of ££

A lot of kids games on Sat mornings etc & last weekend of school hols

will be 22kish, expect cov to sell full allocation. 15 coaches booked at Avonline 👍🏼

Edited by HengroveReds
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Trouble is, we never seem to produce two good performances on the trot at AG. No doubt there are examples but that is how it feels these past few years...

You might be in luck. I'd say for 60% of the game yesterday it was far from a good performance.

• Admin
2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

It wasn't a great attendance yesterday by our standards and reflective of a pretty apathetic fanbase after last season plus mundane opponents.

Assume you saw season ticket sales are up? 

Hardly an apathetic fan base 

Difference in the past there's been a better away following 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Assume you saw season ticket sales are up? 

Hardly an apathetic fan base 

Difference in the past there's been a better away following 

No I didn't, where's that? As far as I was aware 15k last season 14k this season 

2 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Without the mates rates offer - it could have been one of our lowest league attendances yesterday - it’s a worry having that many seats free (especially in The Lansdown) when tickets are only £15 - despite the holiday season!

They weren't £15 in the Lansdown though

13 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I thought Coventry were the loudest away following at Ashton Gate last season- they were very good

Trouble is that "We will never lose" song they always sing is absolute dirge. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Millwall brought about 900 maybe.

Official sold about 19.8k/22.8k in Home Areas.

(Yes I know Sold vs showing up difference).

For the record this is our 2nd Highest for Tickets Sold Attendance v Millwall since they came back up..only higher was New Years Day 2024.

Seemed to be a very poor turnout from the visitors, surely they usually bring more than that ,perhaps they were all banged up in the riots ?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

I can see this near sell out , fans were great yesterday COYR 

In terms of early season momentum, this would be a very good game to win. 

I don't expect it. I'd predict 1-1, but will undoubtedly be a tough game with chances at both ends.

But if we could win it, by any means necessary, the feelgood factor would be, to quote George Earthy, buzzing!

• Like 1

3462 tickets available in home end! Let’s make this another fortress. Atmosphere on Saturday was the best I’ve heard down there in a while for a Saturday 3pm.

Club should defo do more mates rates deals maybe 1 a month to draw more fans in 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HengroveReds said:

Club should defo do more mates rates deals maybe 1 a month to draw more fans in 

It’s swings and roundabouts with mates rates. More of them would bring in more fans increasing income. The downside would be supporters who only occasionally attend might just chose the mates rates matches instead of playing the full price, decreasing income. It would also be a disincentive for season ticket holders who are uncertain about renewing, as a season ticket has to have a cost advantage over ad hoc paying 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

It’s swings and roundabouts with mates rates. More of them would bring in more fans increasing income. The downside would be supporters who only occasionally attend might just chose the mates rates matches instead of playing the full price, decreasing income. It would also be a disincentive for season ticket holders who are uncertain about renewing, as a season ticket has to have a cost advantage over ad hoc paying 

Spot on

For instance let’s say a season ticket is £460

(I know this varies in certain areas)

£460 divided by 23 home games = £20 quid a game 

Mates rates are £15

The more mates rates per season will see less season ticket being purchased as they are worse off 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Spot on

For instance let’s say a season ticket is £460

(I know this varies in certain areas)

£460 divided by 23 home games = £20 quid a game 

Mates rates are £15

The more mates rates per season will see less season ticket being purchased as they are worse off 

I think the way kick off times are being affected by TV will probably have an impact on season ticket sales for most clubs next season.

All a bit of a joke in my opinion 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

I think the way kick off times are being affected by TV will probably have an impact on season ticket sales for most clubs next season.

Hard to say isn't it, Birmingham post Relegation up 50% for ST Sales.

WBA hit 20k for the first time in some time?

Coventry sold an Away Allocation of 2.5k for a Carabao Cup game, also 20k Season Tickets sold.

Time will tell though, once the impact is fully felt.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

25 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

Which is why I've not renewed.

Got membership instead.

Like you lads I’m surprised we haven’t sold out, guessing people didn’t want to travel to you twice in quick succession.

I think you will beat us comfortably, we are in poor form and missing our best player. We are leaking goals and our only hope will be that Simms and Wright get us out of trouble again. 

2786 tickets remaining in home end, assume plenty of empty seats given the bank holiday 

On 19/08/2024 at 12:11, HengroveReds said:

3462 tickets available in home end! Let’s make this another fortress. Atmosphere on Saturday was the best I’ve heard down there in a while for a Saturday 3pm.

13 minutes ago, Boosh said:

I think you will beat us comfortably, we are in poor form and missing our best player. We are leaking goals and our only hope will be that Simms and Wright get us out of trouble again. 

I'm not sure about that..how many chances did Coventry have v Oxford. 

Close game, could be high scoring..think we can win but could be anything.

I'd say Coventry look good Top 6 contenders on paper. Robins said your goal is Promotion iirc?

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm not sure about that..how many chances did Coventry have v Oxford. 

Close game, could be high scoring..think we can win but could be anything.

I'd say Coventry look good Top 6 contenders on paper. Robins said your goal is Promotion iirc?

Creating chances isn’t the problem, conceding too many goals is. Another 2 conceded at home to Oxford is quite a worry.

We’ve had 3 different cb partnerships in 3 games and I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a 4th on Saturday.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Boosh said:

Creating chances isn’t the problem, conceding too many goals is. Another 2 conceded at home to Oxford is quite a worry.

We’ve had 3 different cb partnerships in 3 games and I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a 4th on Saturday.

We conceded 3 at Home to Millwall in a mad 20 minute spell albeit they were growing into the game well before then. Their penalty was a joke.

I think it could be an Open Game. Not sure what to predict beyond that. We are changing style a bit by the looks or intent anyway.

On 18/08/2024 at 15:58, 1960maaan said:

True , but I don't think that will effect too many. 
Cov will still sell out , then we just have to hope the entertaining win and goals make a difference. 

It will. 

Watch on TV or spend £35 plus beers...  I will pick and choose games and this is one to miss

• Like 1

We need the fans behind us from the start as Coventry are very loud in their support, so come on you reds let’s get behind this team and cheer them on to another 3 points let’s hear the fans from all 3 sides COYR 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Bard said:

It will. 

Watch on TV or spend £35 plus beers...  I will pick and choose games and this is one to miss

I hope I'll never choose to watch a City game on TV rather than be there in person.

Of course, sometimes it's handy back up when getting to a game isn't possible - but if never choose it as a preference. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, rogerf said:

Has anybody had the Coventry game loaded to their season ticket in google wallet yet.

Mine is still showing the millwall

Open the wallet and click on the 3 dots on the top right . Then click on notifications and then turn off automatic notifications . Turn the notifications back on again and it’ll then update for the next game 👍