IGNORED

NEXT SAT

Topper 123

26 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

22-23k I reckon. Whether that's the overall in the ground , different again.

How many are Coventry likely to bring.

Sold 2800 as of this afternoon.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Attendance was crap today compared to recent seasons. Only 18k or so home fans for a big game? I really cannot believe we have sold more season tickets this season compared to last as @phantomtold me 

Many people away on holiday may be the main reason….

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Attendance was crap today compared to recent seasons. Only 18k or so home fans for a big game? I really cannot believe we have sold more season tickets this season compared to last as @phantomtold me 

Bank holiday August weekend at 12.30.

That’s what I put it down to anyway. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Bank holiday August weekend at 12.30.

That’s what I put it down to anyway. 

26000 at Norwich, 40,000 at Sunderland, 26,000 Boro, 24000 Stoke, 15000 QPRs and Preston: pretty much regular crowds at those grounds. In fact, a bumper crowd at the latter two. Maybe it's just us that goes on holiday?

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Speaking as someone who was there when our attendances really were crap, I disagree.

What were you expecting? Because I can't see us getting more than about 1,500 more for more than a few games this season unless we're making a tilt for the top.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

26000 at Norwich, 40,000 at Sunderland, 26,000 Boro, 24000 Stoke, 15000 QPRs and Preston: pretty much regular crowds at those grounds. In fact, a bumper crowd at the latter two. Maybe it's just us that goes on holiday?

Stoke v WBA is a derby of sorts.

Norwich have a Waiting List for Season Tickets I believe, Sheffield United will travel in good numbers.

Sunderland and Middlesbrough well we all know what crowds they can attract, Portsmouth I expect may travel in decent numbers given their first time back at this level since..well who knows, 2012?

Preston had a new manager to welcome and Ryan Lowe gone- many of their fans were very happy that Lowe went.

All of the above were 3pm kick-offs too.

QPR v Plymouth is the only oddity.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

47 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Speaking as someone who was there when our attendances really were crap, I disagree.

What were you expecting? Because I can't see us getting more than about 1,500 more for more than a few games this season unless we're making a tilt for the top.

Fortunately we aren't that club anymore

Last season v Coventry 23k

Last seasons equivalent game on a similar date which happened to be against Birmingham, 1k more than today. 

I was expecting 24k for this important game today (21k home fans) but as it is we are 5% or more down on last seasons attendances, which is a shame. And probably directly due to the fanbase being unhappy with the board and boycotting season tickets as discussed at renewal time

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

And if you compare those with average 23/24 attendances: ours was 22500 (21500 today); Norwich 26,000, Sunderland 41,000, Boro 27,000, Stoke 23,000, QPR 16,500, Preston 16,700.

Apart from the latter two being 1500 down on last season, there’s no more than 1,000 either way in any of them.

And, of all of them, we’re the only ones kicking off at 12.30.

I don’t think we’re that much different to anyone else.

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, italian dave said:

And if you compare those with average 23/24 attendances: ours was 22500 (21500 today); Norwich 26,000, Sunderland 41,000, Boro 27,000, Stoke 23,000, QPR 16,500, Preston 16,700.

Apart from the latter two being 1500 down on last season, there’s no more than 1,000 either way in any of them.

And, of all of them, we’re the only ones kicking off at 12.30.

I don’t think we’re that much different to anyone else.

We're not the only ones going on holiday when there's football to watch then? Good news. And people up and down the country able to buy a season ticket and go away on holiday - even better news. 

33 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Fortunately we aren't that club anymore

Last season v Coventry 23k

Last seasons equivalent game on a similar date which happened to be against Birmingham, 1k more than today. 

I was expecting 24k for this important game today (21k home fans) but as it is we are 5% or more down on last seasons attendances, which is a shame. And probably directly due to the fanbase being unhappy with the board and boycotting season tickets as discussed at renewal time

You're possibly not factoring 3pm vs 12.30pm or some of the circs around some of the games you list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

We're not the only ones going on holiday when there's football to watch then? Good news. And people up and down the country able to buy a season ticket and go away on holiday - even better news. 

Yep! Indeed. In news that will disappoint the gloom merchants on here, we’re no different to clubs and supporters everywhere. Our early attendances are holding up as well as anyone’s. And far from seeing smaller crowds because of “boycotting season tickets” - we’ve sold more than last year. 

• Like 1

Just now, italian dave said:

Yep! Indeed. In news that will disappoint the gloom merchants on here, we’re no different to clubs and supporters everywhere. Our early attendances are holding up as well as anyone’s. And far from seeing smaller crowds because of “boycotting season tickets” - we’ve sold more than last year. 

You got any proof that we've sold more season tickets? One person has said it but doesn't mean its right , and attendances suggest otherwise

2 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

So am I understanding the argument here is that QPR & Preston’s “bumper crowds” being 6000 fewer than ours means that our support is shit?

21,500 seems very decent to me, far better than loads of sides in this division manage.

14,000 at Blackburn, 1500 fewer than ours at Hull, too..

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

You got any proof that we've sold more season tickets? One person has said it but doesn't mean its right , and attendances suggest otherwise

I’m just going by what was said on here: the club aren’t really too forthcoming - at least not in a way that makes comparisons at the same point in time easy.

It’s obviously 14k+ at the moment - and I’m pretty sure I remember a similar 14k announcement early last season - so at the very least it’s no worse - and certainly there’s no evidence of a ‘boycott’.

But the basic point is that I just don’t get the need to constantly look for negatives! Our crowd today held up just as well as others - better than some. Compared to the Birmingham game you mentioned: 940 fewer today, but Birmingham brought a couple of hundred more than Coventry today, it wasn’t played on the bank holiday weekend, and as I recall it kicked off at 3pm. So all in all today really holds up pretty well against that too. 

11 hours ago, italian dave said:

I’m just going by what was said on here: the club aren’t really too forthcoming - at least not in a way that makes comparisons at the same point in time easy.

It’s obviously 14k+ at the moment - and I’m pretty sure I remember a similar 14k announcement early last season - so at the very least it’s no worse - and certainly there’s no evidence of a ‘boycott’.

But the basic point is that I just don’t get the need to constantly look for negatives! Our crowd today held up just as well as others - better than some. Compared to the Birmingham game you mentioned: 940 fewer today, but Birmingham brought a couple of hundred more than Coventry today, it wasn’t played on the bank holiday weekend, and as I recall it kicked off at 3pm. So all in all today really holds up pretty well against that too. 

I think it’s sensible to compare (like you have) that season ticket sakes are on a par with sales at this point last season.  You could argue that all season ticket holders at the end of last season should be the comparison, but we know some people will buy a half season one.  The club might want to try to analyse how many hakf season did indeed buy a full one, and conversely how many full ones didn’t buy at all.

But numbers generally good imho, especially with the Sky stuff.  I do think a lot of clubs, ours included, made no mention of the Sky deal, and it will be next season’s number across the EFL that take a hit.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Tell that to the 3100 odd that are travelling next sat to derby 

• Like 1
  • Robin 2

15 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

And probably directly due to the fanbase being unhappy with the board and boycotting season tickets as discussed at renewal time

What a load of rubbish, there is no boycott, our fanbase isn't unhappy where have you dreamt this nonsense from? 

You are the only person who for some odd reason is oblivious to all the explanations above 

57 minutes ago, Down Town said:

What a load of rubbish, there is no boycott, our fanbase isn't unhappy where have you dreamt this nonsense from? 

You are the only person who for some odd reason is oblivious to all the explanations above 

The fanbase was extremely unhappy winter last season and there was a huge amount of talk of people not renewing. Whether that happened or not I don't know but my best guess is we are down 700 down on season tickets comparing August 2023 to August 2024.

Your post is nonsense and it's lies or revisionism to suggest otherwise.

• Like 1

I think the 12.30 kick off + sky + bank holiday + the time people leaving there houses yesterday for the 12.30 kick off it was pissing down ( admit dried up by kick off time ) all factors 

I watched the mancs against Brighton on motd last night - an extremely well run club with a new manager punching above there weight first home game of the season against probably the biggest club in the Uk ( probably world ) 

on sky 1230 kick off & pissing down plenty of seats to be had in the home end - sky 1230 and shite weather effects even the biggest clubs 

except the gas who  travel in there hoardes home and away regardless of anything👀

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

The fanbase was extremely unhappy winter last season and there was a huge amount of talk of people not renewing. Whether that happened or not I don't know but my best guess is we are down 700 down on season tickets comparing August 2023 to August 2024.

Your post is nonsense and it's lies or revisionism to suggest otherwise.

No it wasn’t, there were a handful of people on here who through their toys out of the pram, there was no mass unrest so why lie? 

It's even funnier you are mentioning last winter, what relevance is that to this summer and renewing? 

1 minute ago, Down Town said:

No it wasn’t, there were a handful of people on here who through their toys out of the pram, there was no mass unrest so why lie? 

It's even funnier you are mentioning last winter, what relevance is that to this summer and renewing? 

Season tickets go on sale February/March each year. That's winter.

Cheers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Down Town said:

You are pure comedy 

So now you're saying our fanbase was unhappy in February and March, what a load of rubbish 

I do agree to a certain degree what cidercity says , there was a level of negativity around the club mainly due to the way Pearson was sacked / not backed and the style of football under manning was generally rather uninspiring to watch ( bar a few games where we really did play well Watford away soton + Leicester at home where we were very good ) but extremely unhappy as cidercity says a little harsh I say 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The season ticket sales are similar, the website or X announced 14k recently. I would say the issue atm is we are a bit down on POTD. If there is any reduction on ST’s it’s a mix of a few disillusioned by the Board and the clubs policy on South Stand sales.

The atmosphere so far has been largely positive in the ground.

36 minutes ago, redkev said:

I do agree to a certain degree what cidercity says , there was a level of negativity around the club mainly due to the way Pearson was sacked / not backed and the style of football under manning was generally rather uninspiring to watch ( bar a few games where we really did play well Watford away soton + Leicester at home where we were very good ) but extremely unhappy as cidercity says a little harsh I say 

Sales don't back your theory 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/season-tickets-set-for-members-sale-tomorrow/#:~:text=A limited number of 2024,loyal fans for their commitment.

40 minutes ago, Down Town said:

Fake news

Season ticket sales were capped in the South Stand

But thanks for sharing a link that shows season ticket sales were 13,000 this season. I believe they ended up nudging 14,000 but still down on last year which was almost 15,000

47 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Fake news

But thanks for sharing a link that shows season ticket sales were 13,000 this season. I believe they ended up nudging 14,000 but still down on last year which was almost 15,000

Wasn't that after the half Season Tickets were sold ?
Still time to get to that if we have a good season.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Fake news

This 👇

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Wasn't that after the half Season Tickets were sold ?
Still time to get to that if we have a good season.

Or a top cup draw 

10 hours ago, phantom said:

This 👇

Or a top cup draw 

If we’re doing well at Christmas I can see a good uptake on half season tickets in the fear that if and it’s a big if we did get promoted then people would be afraid of not getting a season ticket the following season 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

37 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

If we’re doing well at Christmas I can see a good uptake on half season tickets in the fear that if and it’s a big if we did get promoted then people would be afraid of not getting a season ticket the following season 

I’ll certainly be getting 3 in that scenario- as much as I hate the new timetable, ensuring the kids don’t miss out is more important.

• Like 3