IGNORED

Mehmeti

1 minute ago, spudski said:

How many flair players have actually consistently played well for us over the years?

Mehmeti for me is our weakest link.

Have to agree. Nowhere near consistent enough for us is his biggest problem. Very rarely goes past the fb on the outside as lacks that burst of pace to make room for a cross, plus his crossing is usually hit and miss. It must be a nightmare for Pring playing behind him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

At the time he signed, from the videos of his performances at Wycombe I get the feeling that he was a bit like Trundle at Swansea before he came here.

It felt like Swansea built their team around Trundle and this allowed him to utilise his skill and undoubted flair because other players compensated for what LT didn't do. IN GJ's more workmanlike team LT was expected to put in the hard yards , like everyone else, and this suppressed his flair somewhat and although there were glimpses of his ability it was nothing like his performances at Swansea.

Under Manning , and previously with Pearson, there isn't and wasn't room for a "luxury" player - as that is what he now appears to be - as I get the feeling that Manning expects players to perform their role in the team, and that includes tracking back, hard work  etc. i wonder whether that is in AM's make up?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Has a poor appearance as a sub, write him off.

He’s only 23, has had some decent games for us & this sort of thinking perpetuates why some keep posting on here about signing a new player every single day.

Coach him, work with him, then make a decision next summer.

Personally I don’t think he offers enough in the final third and I don’t feel confident in a break away 3 v 2 scenario as an example he’d pick the right ball/shoot.

However, what you’ve said is more than fair and every game I think that this is the one he’ll prove me wrong so I want him to succeed as with any player for us. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

I think at any given point in time about a 3rd of our 1st team squad are a poor performance away from "needing a League 1 loan".

Only a third?

Max used to get this posted after every goal he conceded, Zak too..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Only a third?

Both players have improved immensely, there were points in time when both were really struggling.

• Hmmm 1

8 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Both players have improved immensely, there were points in time when both were really struggling.

Sort of proves my point.

Plenty on here were in the “get rid” camp, that would have been a really good idea, eh?

• Like 3

I think he’s improved as a player under Manning, looked excellent in pre season and started the season off pretty well too. Didn’t have a great game off the bench but neither did Fally and I don’t think Twine was much better from the start either.

Appears him and Williams are the new scapegoats now O’Leary has got better and James has left 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Only a third?

I like Anis because he's different, he's also the only player of his ilk we have.  I think he's getting chastised at the moment off the back of a bad game for city.  I think you need players like him to unlock certain defences, a well drilled 4 or 3 will cancel out good supply from the wings, sometimes you need a player who can run with the ball at their feet, and here is the key, draw in a the centre backs and release it to a Fally type to have a more direct shot on goal.  Anis just needs to figure out his relationship with Fally and I think he could be really useful squad player in trying to unlock certain defences.

• Like 10
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, TDarwall said:

I think at any given point in time about a 3rd of our 1st team squad are a poor performance away from "needing a League 1 loan".

Agreed. Mehmeti has had a decent last 6-12 months under Manning, did well in pre-season, and had a largely positive opening few games to this campaign.

1 underwhelming appearance off the bench (in a game we won) and suddenly we need to dump him out the first team squad ASAP. Unfortunately, I think Mehmeti plays with a target on his back for some of our fans.

1 hour ago, Clutton Caveman said:

For me the performance against Coventry should be the last appearance for some time.

I think this is a bit dramatic - partly because we don't have many better options, if nothing else.

When you look at our options in attacking midfield and wide areas, Twine is the only one who you can really be confident about having a better game than Mehmeti. Otherwise you're choosing from:

• Sykes (generally been a more reliable option, but has struggled for consistency recently, much like Mehmeti)
  • Earthy (a teenager with very little experience of men's first team football. Jury's out on what he can offer us)
  • Cornick & Bell (both have probably had a worse 12 months than Mehmeti has)
  • Yu (injured)

I think our issue is a general case of quantity over quality in those areas.

• Like 1

If we want to compete in the championship and be taken seriously as genuine challengers we have to be brutal and ship out the players like Mehmeti who only have 1 good game in 10.  Bell, Naismith and Cornick also fall in this category of players we need to upgrade

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

I think he's lacking consistent confidence, when his head is up he's very good...makes the runs and can pick his pass, a good example was away at Sunderland when we ended the penalty drought, he was causing them no end of problems. However, when he's not on it he tries the impossible or just fades into the hoardings. There's a lot of potential there and he needs careful management to realise it, which could involve a loan.

27 minutes ago, adamski said:

I think he's lacking consistent confidence, when his head is up he's very good...makes the runs and can pick his pass, a good example was away at Sunderland when we ended the penalty drought, he was causing them no end of problems. However, when he's not on it he tries the impossible or just fades into the hoardings. There's a lot of potential there and he needs careful management to realise it, which could involve a loan.

As he was widely regarded as one of the hottest prospects in league 1, im failing to see how a loan possibly helps anyone  He offers something different to our other attacking players & to my eyes, since Jan he's been pretty decent.

A team ideally needs artisans & artists to be successful. Within our budget we are unlikely to find a creative player who is super consistent.  Once Yu is fit, we can see what he has to offer but I doubt if it will be the panacea we're hoping for.

2 hours ago, TDarwall said:

I’ll never forget “Semenyo is League 2 at best”😂😂. Anyone watch him play on Sunday? Tore Newcastle’s back four apart. Must be some ******* quality players in League 2…………

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I’ll never forget “Semenyo is League 2 at best”😂😂. Anyone watch him play on Sunday? Tore Newcastle’s back four apart. Must be some ******* quality players in League 2…………

We've got a very strange way about some of our fans, grass is always greener and really disparaging about our products chances.

• Like 1

anis is alright, better than anything else we got for up on the left, i dont rate bell and pring seems to have lead in his boots nowadays. need to keep him on the left though, no good swapping him with sykes,takes away sykes best position

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Sort of proves my point.

Plenty on here were in the “get rid” camp, that would have been a really good idea, eh?

Exactly this. With our budget we can’t just sign “quality” in every position. You are talking about bringing in half a dozen players at £4-£6m EACH plus accompanying wages (say £750k per annum EACH) if you want guaranteed Championship quality all over the park. That’s circa £10m extra outlay plus per year (assuming you can just sack off the players not deemed good enough) over three years……

For us it is a numbers game and getting more out of certain players like Max, like Zak, like Sinclair, like Tanner, like Roberts, like Anis, like Sykes (who was decent on Saturday). They have to step up and complement the quality we can afford to sign.

Bristol City under current budgetary restrictions will never have 18-20 genuine quality players in a 26 man squad. Not happening.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I think he’s improved as a player under Manning, looked excellent in pre season and started the season off pretty well too. Didn’t have a great game off the bench but neither did Fally and I don’t think Twine was much better from the start either.

Appears him and Williams are the new scapegoats now O’Leary has got better and James has left 

Actually thought goal aside he was hopeless against Millwall. Passing, and general link up was hopeless, too much head down not looking.

We looked much improved when Twine came on.

Et tu Hull. Thought he was poor.

Can't recall the last game I would've given him a 7/10, to be honest.

Not one to slate player(s) in general, but don't think he's up to this level. Okay as rotation, but never as a starter, similar to Pato - who I'd argue was a better player in that he positionally was smarter but both lack end product consistency.

Exact kind of player we need to improve upon if we want playoffs imo. One of those with not enough end product overall as it stands to keep his place.

Expect Hirakawa and Twine to give him a rough time for his spot in the team.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Actually thought goal aside he was hopeless against Millwall. Passing, and general link up was hopeless, too much head down not looking.

We looked much improved when Twine came on.

Et tu Hull. Thought he was poor.

Can't recall the last game I would've given him a 7/10, to be honest.

Not one to slate player(s) in general, but don't think he's up to this level. Okay as rotation, but never as a starter, similar to Pato - who I'd argue was a better player in that he positionally was smarter but both lack end product consistency.

Exact kind of player we need to improve upon if we want playoffs imo. One of those with not enough end product overall as it stands to keep his place.

Expect Hirakawa and Twine to give him a rough time for his spot in the team.

I have to agree with you on all of this Fuber.

I've got no axe to grid with him and I like players with something a bit different which is why I thought it was a good signing. It still may turn out to be a good signing.

However, I don't think I'm being overly harsh when I say that his passing is bloody dreadful at times. A slide rule pass that goes astray I can forgive. However, some basic non pressurised 10 yard passes can only be described as poor at best. Again, I'm not talking about the odd occurrence, it happens a lot more often than that.

In addition, LM seems to keep the faith with him more often than not. I'm just hoping that at some point Mehmeti kicks on a bit and soon because even LM will have to think again at some point.

3 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I like Anis because he's different, he's also the only player of his ilk we have.  I think he's getting chastised at the moment off the back of a bad game for city.  I think you need players like him to unlock certain defences, a well drilled 4 or 3 will cancel out good supply from the wings, sometimes you need a player who can run with the ball at their feet, and here is the key, draw in a the centre backs and release it to a Fally type to have a more direct shot on goal.  Anis just needs to figure out his relationship with Fally and I think he could be really useful squad player in trying to unlock certain defences.

I posted more or less the same thing on another forum. 
I get the frustration with him - - I thought it was wrong to play him vs Coventry - but I do think he could be a useful player when we come up against teams that ‘park the bus’ - the type of team we’ve traditionally struggled against. 
He runs at the defence and causes all sorts of panic. He could be a ‘Jack Grealish’ for us - drawing a lot of fouls and penalties in that type of scenario. 
Coventry did NOT park the bus - they tried to attack - plus we were 1-0 up - and so Mehmeti’s skills were inappropriate to use in that game. 
My opinion of course. 

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
Spelling

3 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

How can you compare his performance with that of Twine is a mystery to me

3 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

When was the last time he made a run, beat his man and delivered a telling pass?

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

Amazing stats has Mehmeti 😂😂😂

Anis Mehmeti Characteristics

+ Strengths

Finishing
Strong

- Weaknesses

Holding on to the ball
Weak
Aerial Duels
Weak
Crossing
Weak
Passing
Weak
Defensive contribution
Weak

Anis Mehmeti's Style of Play

Likes to dribble
Likes to cut inside
Commits fouls often

Statistics...
151 games
25 goals
11 assists
12 yellows...more cards than assists 😂
And for us
44 appearances, 1 goal, 1 assist, and 2 yellows 😂
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, spudski said:

+ Strengths

Finishing
Strong

- Weaknesses

Holding on to the ball
Weak
Aerial Duels
Weak
Crossing
Weak
Passing
Weak
Defensive contribution
Weak

Likes to dribble
Likes to cut inside
Commits fouls often

Statistics...
151 games
25 goals
11 assists
And for us

I don’t recognise these stats at all.

Mehmeti has scored 6 goals in 30 league starts & 26 sub ones for us, so that bit is a nonsense for a start.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, spudski said:

+ Strengths

Finishing
Strong

- Weaknesses

Holding on to the ball
Weak
Aerial Duels
Weak
Crossing
Weak
Passing
Weak
Defensive contribution
Weak

Likes to dribble
Likes to cut inside
Commits fouls often

Statistics...
151 games
25 goals
11 assists
And for us

One goal................are you sure about that? On that basis I would chuck the rest of the stats in the bin if they can't get something as basic as that right tbh.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, spudski said:

+ Strengths

Finishing
Strong

- Weaknesses

Holding on to the ball
Weak
Aerial Duels
Weak
Crossing
Weak
Passing
Weak
Defensive contribution
Weak

Likes to dribble
Likes to cut inside
Commits fouls often

Statistics...
151 games
25 goals
11 assists
And for us

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

One goal................are you sure about that? On that basis I would chuck the rest of the stats in the bin if they can't get something as basic as that right tbh.

Can one of our real statos shed some light on Mehmeti’s contributions!?

A nice bit of relief from all the Joe Williams shit,

But other than that, all a bit unnecessary.

And before anyone says, we’re entitled to our opinions, yes we are, and this is mine.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

Oh yeah...missed that, 1 more goal, 1 more assist, 2 more yellows.

Stunning stats Dave 😉

I think those stats indicate he scored four goals last season not one, which I would say is around half of what you would want.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I posted more or less the same thing on another forum. 
I get the frustration with him - - I thought it was wrong to play him vs Coventry - but I do think he could be a useful player when we come up against teams that ‘park the bus’ - the type of team we’ve traditionally struggled against. 
He runs at the defence and causes all sorts of panic. He could be a ‘Jack Grealish’ for us - drawing a lot of fouls and penalties in that type of scenario. 
Coventry did NOT park the bus - they tried to attack - plus we were 1-0 up - and so Mehmeti’s skills were inappropriate to use in that game. 
My opinion of course. 

We haven’t played anyone yet who has come down to Bristol to stink the place out. They will though. For me that will be a good test of what Manning is implementing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

We let him go after little effort to see what he could become

Big difference. We've had a fair portion of games (namely starts) from Anis now.

His record at CH level for us, return wise, is same if not worse than his return for Wycombe in his breakthrough season at the same tier in a worse side.

Szmodics passing us by can be nailed to the 'LJ was a crap manager' mast imo.

The latter had, what, one cup and league start, handful if that bench appearances, under a frankly terrible manager in a bloated squad.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I think those stats indicate he scored four goals last season not one, which I would say is around half of what you would want.

Yep...hands up, I've had a mare there. Trying to post things whilst working. My mistake.

Think it looks like 6 goals in total for us over 3 seasons. 

Better than I implied originally, but still poor imo

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We haven’t played anyone yet who has come down to Bristol to stink the place out. They will though. For me that will be a good test of what Manning is implementing.

Yes - but only if Manning uses him right. 
Mehmeti is a ‘show pony’ - loads of skill but little vision. 
When we DO meet that team (as we will) he needs to be given a mandate to put his head down and go for it - THEN he can prove his worth IMHO. 
He will inevitably run into traffic, but win free kicks along the way. 

1 minute ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Yes - but only if Manning uses him right. 
Mehmeti is a ‘show pony’ - loads of skill but little vision. 
When we DO meet that team (as we will) he needs to be given a mandate to put his head down and go for it - THEN he can prove his worth IMHO. 
He will inevitably run into traffic, but win free kicks along the way. 

I was talking generally but yeah Mehmeti might be useful in those games and hopefully Yu. I also think Fally is a better bet than Armstrong in that scenario as he has the footwork to make a yard for himself. If a team plays a low block there ain’t gonna be much room to get in behind them. Then, if you can get ahead and the other mob comes out you bring Armstrong on for the last half an hour and play behind.

I’m just hoping that the painful sight of watching us try and break a defensive team down over a good half a dozen years now is something Liam does improve on.

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Sort of proves my point.

You're right Graham but my hunch about Mehmeti is that he hasn't quite got it.  I'd love to be proved wrong but that would involve a marked improvement.  He's at the Bobby Reid age for me (where the promise previously evident begins to impact games he's in).  As someone else posted, I think he might be the type who needs to be the main man with other more workmanlike types around him who can give him free rein.  He always looks to me like he's struggling to 'do the right thing' rather than playing on instinct.  

Basically, lower Championship/upper League 1 

• Like 3

Just now, The Bard said:

You're right Graham but my hunch about Mehmeti is that he hasn't quite got it.  I'd love to be proved wrong but that would involve a marked improvement.  He's at the Bobby Reid age for me (where the promise previously evident begins to impact games he's in).  As someone else posted, I think he might be the type who needs to be the main man with other more workmanlike types around him who can give him free rein.  He always looks to me like he's struggling to 'do the right thing' rather than playing on instinct.  

Basically, lower Championship/upper League 1 

And to add to that, if he had Bobby Reid's instinct for a tap in he'd have scored 3 goals this season. The conversation would be different then and he'd be an awful lot more confident.

• Thanks 1

Not totally convinced by Anis so far, but that’s very different to “get rid”. As with most things, an expanded squad has its pros and cons, one of the downsides is potentially more bit part players, who aren’t best suited to being bit part players. When he’s played he’s averaged 48 - 56 mins per game for Wycombe and us before this season, other than 22/23, before we bought him, when he perhaps peaked in terms of attention and excitement and averaged 80 mins per game for Wycombe. Whilst clearly the lower level makes a huge difference, wonder if he’s the type that needs consistent minutes to get to his best, which maybe less likely when the manager has plenty of options (acknowledging that has plenty of benefits as well). Eg at Wycombe was he the dead ball king, whereas Twine will be ahead of him here? 

Tricky as no control group and we can only get 11 on the pitch, so difficult to justify “keep playing him and he’ll come good, honest guv” as maybe he won’t. Maybe just one of those things and he’ll either never quite make it or something will happen, eg an unfortunate injury to someone else, he’ll get a run in the side and he’ll be a legend. 

Reminds me a bit of Mark Gavin, but without the end product, but MG’s best times were also in the 3rd tier, so not entirely fair. More that he’s got quick feet and plenty of skill, just needs more end product. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

He’s scored 1 so far this season. 
Out of 3 league games. Not playing 90 minutes in all matches. 

Are you willing to extrapolate that out over the whole season?

He's not good enough.

The end.

Manning likes him because he's gotvthectechnique to receive the ball "in tight areas" (Manning's words).

What he decides to do with it then has demonstrated, enough times now, that he's not got it between the ears.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

9 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Not totally convinced by Anis so far, but that’s very different to “get rid”. As with most things, an expanded squad has its pros and cons, one of the downsides is potentially more bit part players, who aren’t best suited to being bit part players. When he’s played he’s averaged 48 - 56 mins per game for Wycombe and us before this season, other than 22/23, before we bought him, when he perhaps peaked in terms of attention and excitement and averaged 80 mins per game for Wycombe. Whilst clearly the lower level makes a huge difference, wonder if he’s the type that needs consistent minutes to get to his best, which maybe less likely when the manager has plenty of options (acknowledging that has plenty of benefits as well). Eg at Wycombe was he the dead ball king, whereas Twine will be ahead of him here? 

Tricky as no control group and we can only get 11 on the pitch, so difficult to justify “keep playing him and he’ll come good, honest guv” as maybe he won’t. Maybe just one of those things and he’ll either never quite make it or something will happen, eg an unfortunate injury to someone else, he’ll get a run in the side and he’ll be a legend. 

Reminds me a bit of Mark Gavin, but without the end product, but MG’s best times were also in the 3rd tier, so not entirely fair. More that he’s got quick feet and plenty of skill, just needs more end product. 

I’m afraid it’s a bit more than end product imo. He lacks a major component to make him a top end champ player & that’s a brain . He just doesn’t read the game very well 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

8 hours ago, downendcity said:

At the time he signed, from the videos of his performances at Wycombe I get the feeling that he was a bit like Trundle at Swansea before he came here.

It felt like Swansea built their team around Trundle and this allowed him to utilise his skill and undoubted flair because other players compensated for what LT didn't do. IN GJ's more workmanlike team LT was expected to put in the hard yards , like everyone else, and this suppressed his flair somewhat and although there were glimpses of his ability it was nothing like his performances at Swansea.

Under Manning , and previously with Pearson, there isn't and wasn't room for a "luxury" player - as that is what he now appears to be - as I get the feeling that Manning expects players to perform their role in the team, and that includes tracking back, hard work  etc. i wonder whether that is in AM's make up?

Trundle was not utilised properly, or another angle; he was just another club for the GJ bag, not what we really needed at the time. 

Mehmeti was brought in under completely different circumstances and at different time frames in regards to building a squad.

• Hmmm 1

8 hours ago, downendcity said:

If I remember right it was Manning who wanted to sign him for Oxford when he was there and had spoken very fondly of him in the past. I don't see him as one Manning wants to move on, I think he feels he can coach him into the player he needs to be. 

This whole thing of him being a luxury player I don't agree with either, he's still young, he can beat a player and when he cuts inside he does cause problems which opens up space. I think he offers us that raw attacking sense that we don't really have with any other players, if he can be coached to look to give off the pass instead of looking to shoot and our attackers start looking for his byline cut backs I think a lot of our fans would look at him differently. 

Manning will most likely want to keep him and try to get his decision making in check at which point he could be a very threatening player. 

I’m currently in the ‘if we can get what we paid for him, then sell’ camp.

Just not seeing enough ‘continuous improvement’ or, indeed ‘any improvement’.

If I see a ball flash across the 6 yard box again with him showing no attacking instinct to get whatever body part he can to force the ball into the goal, I’ll join the ‘get rid’ camp.  Time to be ruthless at our traditionally soft and overly patient Club.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Are you willing to extrapolate that out over the whole season?

He's not good enough.

The end.

Manning likes him because he's gotvthectechnique to receive the ball "in tight areas" (Manning's words).

What he decides to do with it then has demonstrated, enough times now, that he's not got it between the ears.

I stated fact in my post, not opinion. 
My opinion is that he could be useful to unlock defensive teams. 
I wouldn’t use him otherwise - unless forced to by injury/ban etc. 

Lots of points of view and some wonderful stats, which needed clarification, thanks Dave. I do admit I don't want to see Mehmeti in the starting 11 but handy to have on the bench. Maybe LM still getting new players up to speed with how things work at the club to start newbies over Mehmeti. He does struck me as having a good skill base. But seems to have no idea what to do with the round thing at his feet  in achieving goal scoring chances for him or a team mate. Can we afford better ? Handy player to have about as injuries will come. But with everyone fit does he even make the bench ?

Again just as I see it 

COYR

• Hmmm 1

7 hours ago, RedRock said:

I’m currently in the ‘if we can get what we paid for him, then sell’ camp.

Just not seeing enough ‘continuous improvement’ or, indeed ‘any improvement’.

If I see a ball flash across the 6 yard box again with him showing no attacking instinct to get whatever body part he can to force the ball into the goal, I’ll join the ‘get rid’ camp.  Time to be ruthless at our traditionally soft and overly patient Club.

Not a bad footballer at all,,attitude seems good & certainly capable of causing problems for the opposition....

Lacks that killer instinct which ain't so easy to teach.

He reminds me very much of Jantzen Derrick. Brilliant at times but not consistent enough.

The big difference is that wingers in the old days only had to hug the touchline and wait for the ball whereas now it’s work your socks off defending and attacking all the time.

Does Mehmeti do enough to warrant a regular place in the team? I think not!

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

He reminds me very much of Jantzen Derrick. Brilliant at times but not consistent enough.

The big difference is that wingers in the old days only had to hug the touchline and wait for the ball whereas now it’s work your socks off defending and attacking all the time.

You have got to be kidding. JD was as talented a footballer as I’ve seen in my 60 plus years of watching City. AM wouldn’t be fit to clean his boots. He also, having started as an orthodox winger, became a midfield player who was a regular starter in a side that contained the great John Atyeo. When Jantzen left the club, it was to become one of the earliest English players to move to Europe - France, specifically - to play for no less a team than Paris St. German. I’m sorry, but that’s a ridiculous comparison.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Damned with feint praise by Mark Robins ,

Anis Mehmeti is sort of getting there’ 

This is a make or break season for Anis. I understand that he has a very positive attitude to training and trying to improve so let’s hope he finds the necessary level. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Think he’s a squad player, like several others.  No harm in that either.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

You have got to be kidding. JD was as talented a footballer as I’ve seen in my 60 plus years of watching City. AM wouldn’t be fit to clean his boots. He also, having started as an orthodox winger, became a midfield player who was a regular starter in a side that contained the great John Atyeo. When Jantzen left the club, it was to become one of the earliest English players to move to Europe - France, specifically - to play for no less a team than Paris St. German. I’m sorry, but that’s a ridiculous comparison.

Whilst you are, of course, correct that Jantzen Derrick signed for PSG, back in the 1970s, when he signed for them, they were not the force they are today.

They were very much a fledgling club, having been formed just a few seasons prior to JD signing by a merger of two pretty ‘ordinary’ teams.

Notwithstanding that, I do agree that JD was a very talented footballer, and AM has a long way to go before he can be compared favourably with JD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, spudski said:

+ Strengths

Finishing
Strong

- Weaknesses

Holding on to the ball
Weak
Aerial Duels
Weak
Crossing
Weak
Passing
Weak
Defensive contribution
Weak

Likes to dribble
Likes to cut inside
Commits fouls often

Statistics...
151 games
25 goals
11 assists
And for us

I rest my case

22 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Sort of proves my point.

Apples and Oranges. Vyner hadn't made over 100 Championship appearances.

14 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I rest my case

The summary is correct imo, but the stats are slightly out. 

According to other stats he only makes the bottom 32% for assists from midfield/wing in the Championship. Pretty damning in that position.

Edited by spudski