IGNORED

England U21s at Ashton Gate

Ticket booked! Am guessing Alex Scott could feature...

Also, I was given the option to print my ticket or the one for a digital ticket, which I'm guessing has been brought back now (the previous tickets I've bought for this season were digital only)

Edited by shahanshahan

1 hour ago, shahanshahan said:

Also, I was given the option to print my ticket or the one for a digital ticket, which I'm guessing has been brought back now (the previous tickets I've bought for this season were digital only)

It feels like there is a lot of young English talent in the Alex Scott mould, even young Earthy may feature, Adam Wharton seems to be all the rage along with one or two others.

• Admin
1 hour ago, shahanshahan said:

I wasn't given the option to print

I bought 10 tickets for various different people

I assume that my only option is to individually forward my email and telling them which ticket to download?

I doubt Azerbaijan are likely to have any wonder kids in their side but back in the 90’s our junior team went to watch England and Italy u21’s at the gate back. Never heard of any of the Italian players at the time but turns out a couple of them didn’t end up being bad players 

IMG_1660.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jambodinho said:

I doubt Azerbaijan are likely to have any wonder kids in their side but back in the 90’s our junior team went to watch England and Italy u21’s at the gate back. Never heard of any of the Italian players at the time but turns out a couple of them didn’t end up being bad players 

IMG_1660.png

Remember that one 

8 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

is that the one that Matt Hewlett was in the England squad for?

I remember a rumour that he was going to be but don’t think he was. Here’s the team according to that same website. Doesn’t say who the unused substitutes were though 

IMG_1662.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jambodinho said:

IMG_1660.png

I was there. Privilege to see such a great keeper as Buffon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jambodinho said:

I remember a rumour that he was going to be but don’t think he was. Here’s the team according to that same website. Doesn’t say who the unused substitutes were though 

IMG_1662.jpeg

I'm 99.99% certain that he was in the squad for an U21 game at Ashton Gate so I guess it must have been this one. No surprise he didn't get on the pitch though.

• Like 1

Just now, cidered abroad said:

Get beaten by Darren Eadie 😂

I was only a teen at the time so he had not reached legendary status at that point. Looking back it’s pretty cool to think I’ve seen him play at the Gate. We also watched Brazil vs Sweden in the Umbro cup at Villa park back in the 90’s. Juninho was the stand out player and signed for Boro not long after but it wasn’t until I googled the squads some years later I realised that a teenaged Ronaldo had made a cameo from the bench. So Brazilian Ronaldo is the best player I’ve ever seen live even though I don’t remember much about it 😂

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

I'm 99.99% certain that he was in the squad for an U21 game at Ashton Gate so I guess it must have been this one. No surprise he didn't get on the pitch though.

I'm sure he was in the squad bit never got on.

If memory serves, Ashton Gate getting the U21 game was some sort of 'thank you' from the FA for either a coach or assistant manager being able to take up a role with the national team. Names escape me.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm sure he was in the squad bit never got on.

If memory serves, Ashton Gate getting the U21 game was some sort of 'thank you' from the FA for either a coach or assistant manager being able to take up a role with the national team. Names escape me.

John Gorman, who left to become Glenn Hoddle's assistant. 

• Thanks 1

• Admin
53 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

is that the one that Matt Hewlett was in the England squad for?

He was actually only named in a large training squad for the game but never made the matchday squad

It was played on 12th February 1997, England U21s won 1-0 against Italy U21s with a Darren Eadie goal in front of 13,850. The crowd was low because unusually the first team played the same evening at Wembley losing 1-0 to Italy

The England U21s team is above with the used subs, the unused subs that night were Richard Wright and Chris Holland

England also had a number of players who trained with the squad but didn't make the matchday squad, they were Michael Branch, Kelvin Davis, Chris Day, Lee Hendrie, Ritchie Humphreys and Nigel Quashie.

Richard Wright was actually called up from the reserve list who didn't get to train at any point, they also included Rory Allen, Chris Casper, Bruce Dyer, Mark Ford, Matt Hewlett, Danny Mills, Shaun Newton and Ben Roberts

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

He was actually only named in a large training squad for the game but never made the matchday squad

It was played on 12th February 1997, England U21s won 1-0 against Italy U21s with a Darren Eadie goal in front of 13,850. The crowd was low because unusually the first team played the same evening at Wembley losing 1-0 to Italy

The England U21s team is above with the used subs, the unused subs that night were Richard Wright and Chris Holland

England also had a number of players who trained with the squad but didn't make the matchday squad, they were Michael Branch, Kelvin Davis, Chris Day, Lee Hendrie, Ritchie Humphreys and Nigel Quashie.

Richard Wright was actually called up from the reserve list who didn't get to train at any point, they also included Rory Allen, Chris Casper, Bruce Dyer, Mark Ford, Matt Hewlett, Danny Mills, Shaun Newton and Ben Roberts

I was just scratching my head, wondering why I'd not have gone to this game - you are correct & I was at Wembley watching the seniors game. 

In relation to a previous thread about ticket packages - I remember now that obviously everybody wanted tickets for the Italy game, so to be able to buy those, we had to buy tickets for 3 games - Italy, Moldova & Georgia, or something like that.

Maybe that is some sort of way we should prioritise general sale tickets for the "big" likely sellout league games... give priority to people who also buy along with a couple of the less attractive fixtures aswell.

Hahaha, I went to that one along with 8 others, after the game we were treated to a performance by Stoney Garnet and his performing dancers in the supporters club, and a curry! Was quite a few sights to be seen!

9 hours ago, phantom said:

I wasn't given the option to print

I bought 10 tickets for various different people

I assume that my only option is to individually forward my email and telling them which ticket to download?

Just send them the link?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jambodinho said:

IMG_1660.png

I remember hearing that this game happened & seeing vague video clips of Buffon at Ashton Gate...

• Like 1

On 21/08/2024 at 11:13, shahanshahan said:

Out of curiosity, I just looked again and the print ticket option has now been removed...

On 21/08/2024 at 18:21, frenchred said:

Hahaha, I went to that one along with 8 others, after the game we were treated to a performance by Stoney Garnet and his performing dancers in the supporters club, and a curry! Was quite a few sights to be seen!

I remember that well. Can’t see it happening in this day and age!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Natchlander said:

Just booked 40 tickets for my sons football club. No option to print unfortunately. I have never been to an England u21 game before. What are the attendances like for these games? 

I took Joe for the Poland game a few seasons back.  Was well attended from memory, good atmosphere.

Found this:

https://www.thefa.com/news/2019/mar/21/england-u21s-poland-report-210319

Kelly and Dasilva played, 25k!

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Natchlander said:

Just booked 40 tickets for my sons football club. No option to print unfortunately. I have never been to an England u21 game before. What are the attendances like for these games? 

25,119 vs Poland in 2019 - usually a very family-oriented type crowd for these kinds of fixtures. 

https://www.thefa.com/news/2019/mar/21/england-u21s-poland-report-210319

• Like 1

On 21/08/2024 at 18:21, frenchred said:

39 minutes ago, Spoonbed said:

I remember that well. Can’t see it happening in this day and age!

Those of us with feverish imaginations require further details 

• Admin
14 hours ago, Natchlander said:

If you email Jerry he can sort it out for you

Admittedly I only purchased 10 tickets, but he sent them additionally to me to print

Though typically 6 of those who said they wanted tickets now don't

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Ashton Fete said:

The email the other day spoke of not driving as multiple road closures but I couldn’t see where they were, any ideas?

Pretty much everywhere in BS3 (as usual).

• Like 1

• Admin
56 minutes ago, Ashton Fete said:

The email the other day spoke of not driving as multiple road closures but I couldn’t see where they were, any ideas?

Nothing more than a visual push to promote local public transport

I have two tickets I can email for £10 in W13 "posh seats" if anyone is interested in them

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

Nothing more than a visual push to promote local public transport

I have two tickets I can email for £10 in W13 "posh seats" if anyone is interested in them

Yes please if still available Phantom. Shall I pm you?

On 21/08/2024 at 14:17, cidered abroad said:

Me, too, and Buffon stood out that night for me. I’m fairly sure a local lad Darren Eadie scored the winner. 

• Admin

Teden Mengi and Dane Scarlett have joined the England MU21s squad ahead of their upcoming 2025 U21 EURO qualifiers against Ukraine and Azerbaijan.

Luton Town defender Mengi previously represented the Young Lions during their 7-0 victory over Luxembourg in March, and has now been added to Ben Futcher’s squad, with Tino Livramento joining Lee Carsley’s senior men’s team ahead of their UEFA Nations League fixtures against Greece and Finland.

Tottenham Hotspur forward Scarlett, who is currently on loan at Oxford United, also made his England MU21s debut against Luxembourg, in the 3-0 away victory in September 2023 which kicked-off the current qualifying campaign.

Meanwhile, Middlesbrough’s Hayden Hackney and Crystal Palace’s Adam Wharton will play no part in the upcoming fixtures, with both midfielders remaining with their clubs on medical advice.

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

All I have seen is the upper Lansdown is now on sale, I'm not sure if the Atyeo was ever on sale, I suspect not

Screenshot_20241012_175652_Samsung Internet.jpg

Atyeo was never on sale. Most of lower stadium (exc upper Lansdown) sold, so expect it will be around 15-18k. Not bad really. Would have been better if game was during half term and more kids could go.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Ashton Yate said:

Atyeo was never on sale. Most of lower stadium (exc upper Lansdown) sold, so expect it will be around 15-18k. Not bad really. Would have been better if game was during half term and more kids could go.

The opposition doesn't help 

I'd be surprised to see 15k

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trigger99 said:

Hi London Robin. 

The bus service tonight is pre-booked with sales stopping on Sunday

If you havent already purchased a bus ticket you wont be able to travel on rhe shuttle bus services.

I never knew that. 

Not sure I'll bother this evening if getting back is going to be a ball ache.

15 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Wasn’t the rumour that we were very nearly awarded a full international England match after the success of the U21 game vs Poland? 

That rings a bell for me too. I remember the atmosphere that night being quite rowdy, in a good way. A fair bit of pyro going on from the Poland fans. Foden that game was outstanding.

40 minutes ago, Trigger99 said:

Hi London Robin. 

The bus service tonight is pre-booked with sales stopping on Sunday

If you havent already purchased a bus ticket you wont be able to travel on rhe shuttle bus services.

Thanks for the info - that’s not normally the case although haven’t been this season yet - is it pre booked for bcfc games as well?

10 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I imagine the pre-booking was to ensure they have a solid of idea of numbers using the service. 

It's probably a very different crowd to a regular City home game and would be an absolute disaster if they weren't able to cope with demand on the night. 

Obviously, my own fault, but I don't recall seeing the pre-book-a-bus being advertised, which is why until it was mentioned on here a few posts back, I just assumed that with the crowd being of a fair size, they'd be adopting the usual routes to and from the Gate.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

Wasn’t the rumour that we were very nearly awarded a full international England match after the success of the U21 game vs Poland? 

Probably a rumour on OTIB but not a chance we'd ever get a full international. 

We'll never get higher than U21s or women 

The ground needs to be about three times bigger for a start

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, Phantom said:

The likes of Leicester, Middlesbrough and Southampton have had them in recent years. They're bigger than AG but not by a lot.

• Like 2

On 13/10/2024 at 21:13, Natchlander said:

There are approx 40 of us going to this one in cars etc. I assume we can park at the long Ashton park and ride? People are messaging me where best to park etc. We are all coming from Bridgwater direction

The park and ride is not a viable option for evening games as it is locked for the night (10pm?)

People park just outside on the grass but that may be crowded (don’t know as I don’t try to park there for evening games).

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Obviously, my own fault, but I don't recall seeing the pre-book-a-bus being advertised, which is why until it was mentioned on here a few posts back, I just assumed that with the crowd being of a fair size, they'd be adopting the usual routes to and from the Gate.

It's been on our ticketing page for weeks 

I had two emails about it as well, one a few weeks ago and one over the weekend 

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They are using the usual routes 

https://www.ashtongatestadium.co.uk/news/england-u21-vs-azerbaijan-u21-travel-information/

15 minutes ago, Phantom said:

It's been on our ticketing page for weeks 

I had two emails about it as well, one a few weeks ago and one over the weekend 

I had an email yesterday saying that tickets had gone off-sale, but I've only just seen that as it ended up in a Spam folder.

As for our ticketing page, I rarely if ever look at that. 

42 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Funnily enough the person that quoted it back then, was you. 

But there was also mention of it in a paper after the game, someone posted it on social media/here saying the FA bosses were impressed with it after the game. Can’t find it now though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Funnily enough the person that quoted it back then, was you. 

But there was also mention of it in a paper after the game, someone posted it on social media/here saying the FA bosses were impressed with it after the game. Can’t find it now though. 

Good research 👍