IGNORED

Another Manager gone

22A

26 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

Thought someone had died.  

Sacking someone so early seems mad, but not being dead at least he has a chance of another job. 

Well at 4.30 last Saturday there were a few on here demanding a certain manager to be sacked!

Edited by CloudyThatchers
  • Haha 3

It's definitely a cruel gig being a manager. Especially if you've got crap players and are not backed by your Chairman or Owner. Thank god SL woke up to this, this season. 

Edited by Sniper

55 minutes ago, CloudyThatchers said:

Well at 4.30 last Saturday there were a few on here demanding a certain manager to be sacked!

I don't recall anyone saying he should be sacked. Please share.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

It's definitely a cruel gig being a manager. Especially if you've got crap players and are not backed by your Chairman or Owner. Thank god SL woke up to this, this season. 

Will they have to pay his contract out ?  If so, maybe not such a cruel gig after all.

• Facepalm 1

59 minutes ago, 1team said:

I don't recall anyone saying he should be sacked. Please share.

33 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Were there ?

25 minutes ago, frenchred said:

You are full of shit!

Have a look at the MTD from about page 5-7

I don't think @CloudyThatchersis that wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My mate is a huge Pool fan (from Gloucester naturally), goes all over watching them and he reckons it’s been a disaster ever since they reappointed him. He’s quite pleased today, although he is hearing LJ mentioned but not as a serious option.

43 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Will they have to pay his contract out ?  If so, maybe not such a cruel gig after all.

That's a fair point Tone, but after a while the jobs dry up if you get the sack too many times. LJ prime example, but if you get a few nice paydays maybe it's not too bad after all :laugh:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

When their fans call themselves Sniper it must be very worrying for them on a bad run!

I'm a big sniper film fan, thus the name :)

55 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

There was also a separate thread after Hull asking at what stage of the season we will sack Manning or something along those lines.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

My mate is a huge Pool fan (from Gloucester naturally), goes all over watching them and he reckons it’s been a disaster ever since they reappointed him. He’s quite pleased today, although he is hearing LJ mentioned but not as a serious option.

Yes think the guy walked out on them  so wasn’t really welcomed back .

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

There were no calls to sack him during the game that I saw. I don't believe even the most Anti LM fan would call for his head just yet. Having said that the demeanor of the players at 2 1 was alarming( all over the place). Conceding a 2 goal lead against a bang average Millwall team is no doubt something we all expected but with a much lauded manager who has been well backed and had a full pre season, shouldn't we all be a bit shocked and question the performance.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, headhunter said:

Job for LJ ??

An ex Fleetwood manager might not go down well! Another with a Bristol connection after Holloway too.

It used to be that Managers were given until Christmas at least, but more and more are getting the push much earlier. I guess by Christmas, for the majority of clubs, the season is viewed as already over.

This season we have seen the situation at Preston where they have changed not once but twice already, before mid August! 

On 21/08/2024 at 15:11, 22A said:

Neil Critchley and his Assistant are no longer employees of Blackpool FC following two defeats so far this season.

Didn’t have that on the bingo card, had such a good first spell there but been a disaster for him ever since. Blackpool ended last season on good form but a lot of it seems to be to do with Dembele

Seems a decent appointment to me if they didn’t have a standout candidate. Especially with the transfer window shut. He’s basically a caretaker manager and I bet he’s being paid as much with exit clauses  

It’s hard to believe Blackpool approached Steve Bruce. I reckon he must have applied. And I can see why he would. He’s unlikely to be a popular appointment at this level, so get a club up from League One is his last roll of the dice. At least this way he gets nearly one season from his perspective. 

• Thanks 1

I sort of respect Bruce, he surely doesn't need the money after the career he's had?

It probably says more about me than anything else but struggle to get my head around someone like him still working when there is no need for him to do so.

4 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

I sort of respect Bruce, he surely doesn't need the money after the career he's had?

It probably says more about me than anything else but struggle to get my head around someone like him still working when there is no need for him to do so.

Oddly, some people like the work that they do. 
Twatting around on a golf course has it’s limitations. 
Being employed can instill feelings of self worth that can not be replicated sat at home watching the television. 
The agreeable thing for someone like Bruce , and this was also true for Pearson, is that they have the choice to be there and not by necessity. Therefore when the job becomes a PITA they can walk away. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

Love of the game, they can't not be involved. A bit like Colin - still helping out at Torquay at 75.

• Like 1