IGNORED

Pump House Pub

40 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We Brits just aren’t used to it - not all changes are positive changes,

The ‘problem’ over here would be two fold 1) people buggering off without settling their tab. 2) drinking more than you have money for - ‘card declined’ would become a regular occurrence.

It was implemented in many pubs during COVID. The server has a mobile card reader, so no problems.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

It was implemented in many pubs during COVID. The server has a mobile card reader, so no problems.

Maybe but I don’t think that I bothered visiting a pub during Covid. Couldn’t see the point. Pubs for me are to meet up  and to be sociable.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, riddlesdown red said:

After the game on Saturday, in order to sit at an outside table at the pub we were told we could not enter if we were wearing football related clothing.

I thought the lady was talking to me as the top of my city shirt was visible under the collar of my shirt. Unbelievable she was referring to a mate wearing a stone island jacket and he was asked to remove the stone island label from the jacket.

Personally I was not even aware that certain items of clothing can be attributed to the football fraternity.

Where does this policy overstep the mark? What happens if someone has the wrong hair cut or wrong skin colour.

Would like to hear people's views

It's their establishment, their rules. But you can go and drink somewhere else, and I suggest that you do. And so shall I.

• Like 2

Went in their last year on a match day,  at about 1215, with my 8 year old.  He was wearing a city scarf.  There was nobody else inside.  They came over and asked him to put his scarf away.

My money went elsewhere. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bcfccity said:

Way Bristol is going at the moment , very left and very soft. Making people feel not good enough or lower in class. Went here while ago and couldn’t order at bar had to sit at table and have order taken and took ages, still act like we are in covid.

You are free to move somewhere right and hard. Russia looks nice.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimbo76 said:

Went in their last year on a match day,  at about 1215, with my 8 year old.  He was wearing a city scarf.  There was nobody else inside.  They came over and asked him to put his scarf away.

My money went elsewhere. 

My mates kid got told to cover up his City top last week in there,  the lads 8 years old. They went elsewhere 

Edited by Rob k
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Maybe but I don’t think that I bothered visiting a pub during Covid. Couldn’t see the point. Pubs for me are to meet up  and to be sociable.

It was possible to do that during parts of COVID. I agree...it's all about the social.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The queueing thing..another level here.

Someone I know actually when we periodically go to Wetherspoons orders via an App from a table..that's a new one on me.

I still do if the old fashioned way of course.

I would do it the old fashioned way, but I am always worried that I will stick so solidly to the floor I may not get out again. :) 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

As a non fashionista, if a Stone Island badge is removable, can I put it on my Asda jumper?

17 hours ago, weepywall said:

I have a badge for sell if you are interested, comes with buttons 😊 don't forget it's the left sleeve 😂

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Sounds like I’ll need two, one for each sleeve! 😀

Also, am I right in thinking you end up walking sideways as a result?

There is a stance you need for photos to "get the badge in" 

Some people are naturals ... ( not mine BTW) 

Screenshot2024-08-22at15_04_01.png.80285d22a2001e6136b26e884da173ba.png

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Sounds like I’ll need two, one for each sleeve! 😀

Also, am I right in thinking you end up walking sideways as a result?

I think the badges are anti-gravity so that they raise your shoulders and make your elbows stick out, something like that

On 22/08/2024 at 09:18, Mayes86 said:

Interesting that’s he a City fan as when I was in there before the West Ham replay earlier this year I was told to remove my city shirt before I would be served. 

I wonder if they asked the West Ham fans walking around in their shirts to remove them before being served. 

Then they'll throw you out for being topless🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

For some reason Stone Island is the clothing brand most associated with hooliganism. This is commonly known, especially if you follow football. In that knowledge I can't understand why people wear it if they don't want to be associated with hooliganism or give an impression they are hard! Putting aside the mental prices. 

See a lot of kids wearing it. For a  middle aged/older man it's cringeworthy.

Unless you're dead hard of course! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JAWS said:

For some reason Stone Island is the clothing brand most associated with hooliganism. This is commonly known, especially if you follow football. In that knowledge I can't understand why people wear it if they don't want to be associated with hooliganism or give an impression they are hard! Putting aside the mental prices. 

I'm so hard I eat the red Smarties first !!

I'm so hard that when lying on a beach I kick the sand in my own face !!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JAWS said:

That’s total bullshit mate’ I’ve had stone island gear for years’ I wear it because I like it ‘ you carry on wearing primani 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

That’s total bullshit mate’ I’ve had stone island gear for years’ I wear it because I like it ‘ you carry on wearing primani 

but you sound dead hard 😀😇😉

42 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Cringe 

• Haha 2

On 22/08/2024 at 08:07, Oh Louie louie said:

Last time I was there a few years ago I was instructed in a rather haughty manner where to sit, then before I even sat down I saw they didn't take cash, so I left,

Oh the beers free then 👍

1 hour ago, JAWS said:

Why do football managers and players wear it then?

Man City should have a word with Pep for starters.

• Haha 1

When I first started going it was ellesse track suits , Pringle jumpers etc , loved it was all part of the day dressing for football , few beers in The Bell to welcome our visiting fans , the Blackhorse, off to the game then a few beers in town and hopefully make princess court ,

the best days 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, redkev said:

When I first started going it was ellesse track suits , Pringle jumpers etc , loved it was all part of the day dressing for football , few beers in The Bell to welcome our visiting fans , the Blackhorse, off to the game then a few beers in town and hopefully make princess court ,

the best days 

werent there a big ding dong princess court one night kev?.....

14 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

werent there a big ding dong princess court one night kev?.....

If my memory serves me correctly ( not often these days ) there was one with welsh lads a common thing back then in town but not in the court as it was mainly the same sort of crowd most weekends another one I believe in which somebody got stabbed ( the norm now im afraid but not back then ) , tbf it was a bit of a poser place but played really good music . 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, redkev said:

If my memory serves me correctly ( not often these days ) there was one with welsh lads a common thing back then in town but not in the court as it was mainly the same sort of crowd most weekends another one I believe in which somebody got stabbed ( the norm now im afraid but not back then ) , tbf it was a bit of a poser place but played really good music . 

top of park st ?.....

9 hours ago, redkev said:

Always trouble with the Welsh, the Bierkeller/Hoffemheins was their place, i remember a stabbing outside the princess once, the Wheatsheaf was a popular place for City fans in the '80s

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Glen hump said:

Ooo err the fashion police are here 👮‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Always trouble with the Welsh, the Bierkeller/Hoffemheins was their place, i remember a stabbing outside the princess once, the Wheatsheaf was a popular place for City fans in the '80s

Yep remember the Wheatsheaf being a city stronghold , also a bar at the top of the steps off of Baldwin street up to the st Nicholas market  known as Harry’s bar always loads of city in there ,

tbf city have always had more presence in the city centre area I think Rovers got as close as old market 

wasn’t there but was told by a friend that Tottenham once turned up on a Friday night in the Wheatsheaf 👊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Yep remember the Wheatsheaf being a city stronghold , also a bar at the top of the steps off of Baldwin street up to the st Nicholas market  known as Harry’s bar always loads of city in there ,

tbf city have always had more presence in the city centre area I think Rovers got as close as old market 

wasn’t there but was told by a friend that Tottenham once turned up on a Friday night in the Wheatsheaf 👊

Harry's bar was decent, it was actually called the bunch of grapes but everyone knew it as Harrys, the Prince Rupert was supposedly a Rovers pub also the Crown & Cushion

Can't recall Spurs in the Wheatsheaf, long time ago though !!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Have you ever seen hooligans wearing stone island have a proper dig since the 90s,it’s all wannabes and old boys nowadays trying to make out they are still top boys while not actually moving much 

I'm sticking with my butchers coat.

• Haha 3

• Admin
On 23/08/2024 at 15:58, JAWS said:

It's nothing more than a lazy association, terrace clobber goes through different styles over time, Stone Island is just the latest. 

They actually make really good quality clothing 

It can't be that bad if Pep likes it 

pep-guardiola-hp-gq-25jan18_getty_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's nothing more than a lazy association, terrace clobber goes through different styles over time, Stone Island is just the latest. 

I don't think anyone is quibbling over the quality, at those prices you'd bloody well expect it to be good!

The point is, if you don't want to be regarded as a wannabe hooligan, then don't wear it to football

• Flames 1
  • Facepalm 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

I don't think anyone is quibbling over the quality, at those prices you'd bloody well expect it to be good!

The point is, if you don't want to be regarded as a wannabe hooligan, then don't wear it to football

So is Pep a wannabe hooligan in your eyes? 

• Facepalm 1

57 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

If he was a nobody and you happened to see him at the football you would probably assume he was

I’m very suprised you have this view on clothing rich as our debates we have on other subjects ( immigration etc ) you tend to side with lefties ( no problem your view ) you seen some of the shite they wear 

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, redkev said:

I’m very suprised you have this view on clothing rich as our debates we have on other subjects ( immigration etc ) you tend to side with lefties ( no problem your view ) you seen some of the shite they wear 

Maybe just me but if they are peaceful who cares who wears what ? 

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Not sure this is a left/right debate in any way. All i am saying is there are certain clothes that, when at the football, have you making assumptions about people, rightly or wrongly.

Stone Island and Burberry being two of the big ones.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Maybe just me but if they are peaceful who cares who wears what ? 

Exactly, people can wear what they want, but you do get an initial impression of someone from it sometimes. Of course, that impression can always be changed when you interact.

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

Not sure this is a left/right debate in any way. All i am saying is there are certain clothes that, when at the football, have you making assumptions about people, rightly or wrongly.

Exactly, people can wear what they want, but you do get an initial impression of someone from it sometimes. Of course, that impression can always be changed when you interact.

I can see what your saying but surely you are educated enough to not judge a book by its cover , 

4 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

As with George and of course Tesco Turn Up Jeans

Edited by BigTone
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, redkev said:

I can see what your saying but surely you are educated enough to not judge a book by its cover , 

Always try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but at away games especially, when you see mobs of youths about 18-25 all clad in the gear with their burberry scarves pulled up to hide their faces then it's really difficult to see what other effect they are trying to give other than "We're dead hard us"

Edited by richwwtk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

Always try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but at away games especially, when you see mobs of youths about 18-25 all clad in the gear with their burberry scarves pulled up to hide their faces then it's really difficult to see what other effect they are trying to give other than "We're dead hard us"

Always come across as "*******" to me

• Like 1

• Admin
3 hours ago, richwwtk said:

If he was a nobody and you happened to see him at the football you would probably assume he was

Not true, YOU WOULD, most people probably wouldn't as they can easily tell the difference 

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

Very outdated views, you are consistent in your views about trouble at football, I believe it clouds your judgement a bit 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Is it just stone island people shouldn’t wear? I’ve got a lovely cp company jacket, can I wear that ?

10 hours ago, phantom said:

Why is Pep a barometer for appropriate clothing just because he's a good football manager? 

17 hours ago, BigTone said:

Thanks Browner 

I'm sure he probably had one :)

TBH, I was a little bit young for that look, I was more second time around skinhead . Although, my son has recently become a butcher, maybe he can nick one from work  .

• Haha 1

On 22/08/2024 at 10:29, Bar BS3 said:

That's quite common because it hides identity from CCTV cameras.

I’ve not experienced it in any other pub, not sure it is quite common. 

Clubs occasionally yes, but that’s more of a dress code thing. 

• Admin
9 hours ago, JAWS said:

Why is Pep a barometer for appropriate clothing just because he's a good football manager? 

I'm sure you recognise that the point was about incorrectly stereotyping people wearing the brand 

8 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Assumedly to do with licensing around football matches and it's location 

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm sure you recognise that the point was about incorrectly stereotyping people wearing the brand 

Assumedly to do with licensing around football matches and it's location 

Oh yeah I’m sure they have their reasons for it. I’m just saying it doesn’t seem common, The Robins, Spanish, Hen & Chicken & Masonic all ok with it & every other pub in town I’ve been into.

Edited by Carey 6

31 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I've come across it loads in pubs with security staff on the door.

I never wear caps generally, so not directly experienced it - but definitely seen it in queues with those who have had them on.