IGNORED

Pump House Pub

50 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm sure you recognise that the point was about incorrectly stereotyping people wearing the brand 

Assumedly to do with licensing around football matches and it's location 

The point was there's a definite (not lazy) association with hooliganism so people who wear it must be aware of that? 

Screenshot_20240825_141904_Chrome.thumb.jpg.46d701ec8849e4f3df86eae4291d8bf6.jpg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Isn't it just polite to take your hat off indoors?

Tell that to Louis Carey 🙄

It's a sign of respect and etiquette. 

Tradition goes right back to medieval times when knights had to remove their helmets. A show of respect and trust. 

Doesn't apply to woman. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Isn't it just polite to take your hat off indoors?

3 hours ago, spudski said:

It's a sign of respect and etiquette

Tradition goes right back to medieval times when knights had to remove their helmets. A show of respect and trust. 

Doesn't apply to woman. 

I still ask whether I might remove my jacket when sitting at a table in a restaurant.

And some people still look at me in amazement, i.e. they have not got a clue as to why I might ask such an inane question.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, spudski said:

It's a sign of respect and etiquette. 

Doesn't apply to woman. 

Just one woman in particular?

30 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I still ask whether I might remove my jacket when sitting at a table in a restaurant.

And some people still look at me in amazement, i.e. they have not got a clue as to why I might ask such an inane question.

I've stood behind a chair at a wedding whilst everyone else at my table sat down. I was just waiting to be told by the MC that we could take our seats 😂

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I've stood behind a chair at a wedding whilst everyone else at my table sat down. I was just waiting to be told by the MC that we could take our seats 😂

I've witnessed the same at formal, black tie dinners.

To be fair, it usually involves young, first timers, but it is always amusing to see their embarrassment when they are informed by their fellow, older and more experienced guests that they should wait until being invited to take their seat.  

• Like 2

On 23/08/2024 at 14:46, redkev said:

If my memory serves me correctly ( not often these days ) there was one with welsh lads a common thing back then in town but not in the court as it was mainly the same sort of crowd most weekends another one I believe in which somebody got stabbed ( the norm now im afraid but not back then ) , tbf it was a bit of a poser place but played really good music . 

Taffy Bashing at Hofbrauhaus